D-Day 1

My Kareshi And I.

 

“You guys look like you’re having fun. Mind if I join in?”

 

 

 

Both you and Chanyeol’s head turned towards the direction of the familiar voice. “Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol smiled showing his pearly white teeth and at the same time waving his hands like crazy. Baekhyun chuckled at his best friend’s reaction and slowly walked towards the both of you with both his hands in his front pockets. “Have you guys been searching for me?” Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically. “Actually, it was Ryoko. She was the one who was searching for you first. But then she got lost since she didn’t know the streets of Seoul so well yet. Lucky for her, I followed her from behind, who knows what might’ve happened if I didn’t.” Chanyeol clicked his tongue and looked at you. Baekhyun smiled and shook his head. “That’s Ryoko, always worrying others-“

 

 

 

Right before he could finish his sentence, he clutched his stomach and fell to the cold pavement on his knees. Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he rushed to the aid of his best friend. “Y-yah, are you okay? Ryoko ah! Wh-what was that for?!” You blew your fist that you used to punch Baekhyun and smirked, “That’s for making us, worried.” You clearly emphasized on the word ‘us’. Baekhyun coughed with his eyes shut. Chanyeol helplessly patted his back. The coughing soon became a low chuckle and a smile crept up Baekhyun’s face. Chanyeol on the other hand, became even more worried. “Y-yah, why the sudden laughter? Oh my God Ryoko you made him insane!!” Hearing that, both you and Bakehyun shot him a look. “I’m not insane you drama queen. It’s just that for a girl as petite as her, she can really punch.”

 

 

 

You crossed your arms and smirked. “Why, thank you for the compliment Baekhyun-ssi.” You said in a sarcastic tone. Chanyeol helped Baekhyun up. “You’re very welcome Ryoko-ssi.” He played along. The both of you laughed, and started walking home, leaving behind a very confused and jealous Chanyeol. He sighed and walked behind. *Well, at least we found him and everything’s alright again.*He tried to shake off the negative feelings and plastered a smile on his face. Happily, he walked in between both you and Baekhyun while hanging both his arms on each of your shoulders. “Yah, you’re heavy.” His best friend complained. Chanyeol  just smiled and put more weight in his arms.

 

 

 

The three of you laughed at his playfulness. “Say, oppa, where did you disappear to anyway? We couldn’t find you.” Baekhyun just smiled and shook his head. “Just somewhere.” You wanted to ask him again but decided not to pry. *At least he’s back.* You thought to yourself.  Baekhyun was relieved when you decided to stop asking him questions.  *I just went somewhere where I could think calmly.* “Yah, what’s with the silence? Let’s hurry back home. I didn’t get a chance to eat just now.” Chanyeol said in an attempt to brighten the atmosphere. You and Baekhyun nodded and the three of you made your way home quickly, with Chanyeol’s arms still on your shoulders.

 

 

 

Apparently, the other guys, Kris and gang, slept over since it was already late when the three of you got back home. They stayed up, waiting for you to return. Since today was the day right before the concert, the school decided to not have any lessons so that the students who were performing, could have more time to practice. Which meant, another day for you and Kai to head to the ‘secret’ dance studio in the alley to practice again. “But oppa, can we just go later in the evening? Do you know how tired I am after last night?” You tried to act cute in front of Kai. *Plus, there’s something I want to talk about with Baekhyun oppa.* Kai tried his best to resist your aegyo but in the end gave in. “ Fine, but I’ll go ahead and practice first. You can come once you’ve rested enough arasso?” He sighed. *Even though your aegyo was a complete fail, I understand how tired you were.* He thought to himself. You jumped up and down. “Thanks oppa! I’ll bring some snacks there too later on.” Kai ruffled your hair and headed out.

 

 

 

Sehun, Lay and Xiu Min were at school since dawn, practicing their routine since they finally perfected the choreography. Chanyeol, Kris and Tao were in one of the rooms in the house, practicing their rap while Suho, Luhan, Chen and D.O were practicing their singing in another room. In the living room, you saw Baekhyun sitting all alone on the couch, with a book in his hands. You bit your bottom lip. *Now’s my chance to talk to him.* You nodded to yourself and casually sat beside him. Baekhyun looked up from the book he was reading and smiled. “Good morning Ryoko. Why aren’t you practicing for tomorrow?” You just smiled and ignored his question. “ Oppa, I’m sorry you couldn’t get to perform for the concert tomorrow. I know it’s all my fault.” You looked down to your lap.

 

 

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. He closed the book he was reading and placed it on the coffee table in front of the couch. He sat up straight facing you. “What are you apologizing for? I was the one who told Min Jung that I didn’t want to perform. It’s not your fault Ryoko ah.” You shook your head at his answer. “If only I told you about it sooner, you would have found a solution to perform without partnering with her. But because you were worried for me-“. “It was because I was worried for you that I volunteered myself to be her partner. I volunteered. So it’s not your fault Ryoko ah. Besides, there are other opportunities for me to perform.” He your hair. Even after hearing that, you still felt like part of it was your fault. “Why don’t you put on a solo performance oppa?”

 

 

 

Baekhyun leaned back in the couch and chuckled. “I would if I could.” You raised your eyebrows. He looked at you for a while before continuing, “I actually have stage fright.” He whispered to you. You couldn’t help but giggle. Baekhyun frowned. “Yah, that’s not something you can laugh about.” You tried to hold in your laughter and nodded. “I’m sorry oppa. I just thought that a person like you wouldn’t have stage fright.”.  “Really? What makes you think so?” You shrugged. “I don’t know. I just had a feeling.” Baekhyun shook his head and ruffled your hair. “Well, unless I can find a pair to perform with right on the day before the performance that would be great.” You hesitated for a while before suddenly blurting out, “I-I’ll do it.” Baekhyun stopped smiling and looked at you. “What?”

 

 

 

You gulped and took a deep breath before repeating yourself. “I-I’ll do it. I’ll be your partner for the performance.” Baekhyun ruffled his own hair and sighed. “I-I don’t know Ryoko ah, you have-“ “Trust me oppa. I’ll talk to Kai oppa and the teachers. Me and Kai oppa have been practicing non-stop so the choreography is basically stuck in my head.” You tired your best to convince him. Baekhyun had his elbows on his knees and rested his head on the back of his hands while he thought about it. After a few minutes, he sighed and looked at you. “ Well, if Kai’s okay with you missing practice today then I guess-“ Before he could finish his sentence, you basically threw yourself on to him and wrapped your arms around his neck, enveloping him in a tight embrace. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Don’t worry oppa, I’ll talk to Kai oppa!”

 

 

You broke the hug and quickly went into your room to call Kai and tell him about your plan. Baekhyun sat up straight on the couch, with his face as red as a tomato. *Did she just…hug me?

 

 

 

“Please oppa! This is my way to make it up for him. Besides, you’ve seen me. I’ve memorized all the steps for tomorrow. I promise I won’t mess up. I’ll make it up to you, promise!” You begged on the phone. You heard Kai sighed on the line. “Fine, but if you mess up tomorrow, you’ll get it from me.” You smiled. ‘Thank you oppa! Don’t worry! I won’t disappoint you!” You thanked him for one last time before ending the call. *Now that that’s settled, time to practice.* You went out of your room and told Baekhyun how it went with Kai before the both of you started practicing.

 

 

Kai on the other hand, sat against the cold mirror in the dance studio. He threw his phone in his bag and ruffled his hair. *How are you going to make it up to me, when you’re leaving in two days Ryoko?* He thought to himself.