Not As Planned.

My Kareshi And I.

It was the weekends and it was time for you to take action. *I'm going to get oppa and Hae Ra reconcile no matter what!* You quickly got out of bed and got dressed. 

When you got down, the house was unexpectedly quiet. But someone was in the kitchen though because you could smell something burning. *Did D.O oppa left something burning in the kitchen?* Panicked at the thought of the house catching on fire, you hurriedly ran in. However, you were surprised to see Baekhyun in front of the stove. *What is he doing?*

 

"Ah damn it. I burnt another one." He said and threw something from the frying pan in to the bin.  You cleared your throat to tell him you were looking. Baekhyun turned to face you and he froze. "Oh...you woke up already? Mianhe, it's my first time cooking." He scratched his head and smiled at you. 

 

You went in the kitchen and sat on a stool nearby. "You're cooking? Where's D.O oppa? No,where's everyone?" "They all went out to visit Mrs Park. Kai disappeared to somewhere as usual." You took an apple from the fruits basket on the dining table and nibbled on it while nodding. "Then how come you're here?" Baekhyun smiled and turned off the stove. "You were still sleeping so I volunteered to stay behind in case you wake up." 

 

You nodded again and took another bite from the apple. Baekhyun looked at you and pouted. You looked at him. He then chuckled and ruffled your hair. "Looks like I didn't need to cook breakfast for you. I doubt you'll like burnt pancakes right?" The both of you laughed. He went to the sink to wash the frying pan while you continued to eat your apple. 

 

*Since no one's at home, this is the perfect chance for me to execute my plan.* You thought to yourself and smiled. You finished up your apple and threw it into the bin before going up to Baekhyun to wash your hands. "Oppa, how about we go out today?" *And I'll invite Hae Ra as well without you knowing.*

 

"But I already told the others we'd be there." You pouted and gave him the puppy eyes. *No one can resist this!* Baekhyun looked at you. *Is she doing some kind of aegyo? I hate to admit it but it's working.* He sighed and nodded. "Well, I guess we could hang out for a while..." You beamed at him. *I knew my puppy eyes would work!* "But," he held out his finger at you, "we still need to visit Mrs Park and the rest after that arasso?" You smiled and nodded. 

 

"Arasso oppa, we'll go straight after you're dressed okay? Now palli!" You said as you pushed him out from the kitchen and towards the stairs. Baekhyun chuckled. *Why is she being so cute today?* Once you saw him close the bedroom door, you quickly took out your cellphone and texted Hae Ra. You managed to get her number by asking people from your class.

 

"Hae Ra annyeong! This is Ryoko^^ I was wondering if you're free today?"

"Annyeong Ryoko ah. Today? Yeah I'm free. What's up?" 

"Great! Do you want to hang out? We'll meet at the park. The one right in front of school okay?"

"Will be just you and me? What time are we meeting?"

"Just the two of us :) I'll see you in half an hour?"

"Neh, see you later then^^"

 

*Assa, my plan is working well so far. Even though I feel bad for lying to the both of them, I can't stand knowing that the two of them haven't reconciled after years of not seeing each other.* You thought to yourself. A few minutes later, Baekhyun came down dressed in a blue denim shirt and white jeans. For some reason, you couldn't take your eyes off him. *Wow, never realized oppa was really good looking.*

 

He noticed you were staring and could not help but blush. *Is she staring at me?* You snapped out from your daze and smiled at him. "Oppa, you look great!" You showed him a thumbs up. Baekhyun chuckled. "You look great too Ryoko ah." He said in a sweet tone. You blushed. *Why am I blushing?* You quickly covered your cheeks. 

 

"So where are we headed to?" Baekhyun asked. You smiled. "First, let's go to the park!" He raised his eyebrows. " The park?" You nodded. He shrugged and the two of you left home. On the way, you couldn't stop smiling to yourself. *My plan is going perfectly well. And I hope it ends well too.* Baekhyun on the other hand, couldn't stop smiling for other reasons. *I'm so happy that she wants to go out with me. Although it's strange that it's sudden but, I'm still happy.*

 

A few minutes later, the both of you arrived at the park. You looked around to see whether Hae Ra had arrived but she wasn't there. You pouted. Baekhyun noticed. "What's the matter?" You shook your head and smiled. "Nothing. Let's just sit here for a while oppa." You motioned him to sit on a bench but you were still standing. 

 

Baekhyun chuckled and asked you to sit down with him. *Why does she look so nervous suddenly?* "Ryoko ah, don't you want to sit down?" He held out his hand to you. Right then, you saw her. Hae Ra was making her way towards you but she didn't notice Baekhyun since his back was facing her. You beamed. Baekhyun cocked his head to the side. *Why is she smiling? Who is she looking at?* 

 

He turned around and quickly stood up when he saw Hae Ra. *What...is that...Hae Ra?* Hae Ra, who seemed to have noticed him stopped in her tracks. You expected her to smile and run towards him but she just stood there, frozen on the spot. You turned towards Baekhyun and her too was frozen. "Ryoko ah...What...what's the meaning of this?" he asked you, still looking at Hae Ra. You smiled. "I'm just helping you guys out. Wait here oppa." 

 

You quickly ran towards Hae Ra and took her arm. "Ryoko ah, why exactly did you want to hang out with me? You told me it would just be the two of us." You gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry Hae Ra, but I wanted to help you guys." When you and Hae Ra finally stood in front of Baekhyun, the atmosphere suddenly became awkward.

 

*Why aren't the two of them looking at each other?* You cleared your throat. "How about we all get some ice cream huh?" You tried to lift up the atmosphere. You took both their arms and dragged them towards the convenience store. "Okay, you guys stay outside and chat while I go in and get the ice cream okay?" Before both parties could protest, you went in the store, leaving the both of them. 

 

•Baekhyun's P.O.V•

*Why did she do this? This is just so sudden. What am I supposed to say to her?* He glanced at Hae Ra who was awkwardly looking at the ground, trying to avoid any eye contact. *She's grown quite a lot. I wonder how she's been.* He decided to start a conversation. "So uh...how are you? It's been...a very long time." 

 

Hae Ra was surprised by the sudden question. " I'm good. How are you oppa?" Baekhyun tried to hide his smile. *She still calls me oppa.* "I'm good too thanks for asking." Then, there was silence. *Why is it so hard to start a decent conversation with her? We're childhood friends for God's sake!* Baekhyun was about to open his mouth but Hae Ra beat him to it.

 

"Oppa, I have a favor to ask you." Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. *A favor?* Seeing that Baekhyun just kept quiet, Hae Ra continued. " Please partner with Mi Young unnie for the concert. Please." Baekhyun was shocked to hear her request. *Mi Young that witch? But, why?* "Oppa, don't make it hard for Ryoko. Please just once, partner with Mi Young unnie. I beg you." 

 

Baekhyun was flabbergasted. "What does this have to do with Ryoko?" *Did Mi Young force Ryoko to do something?* "Hae Ra ah, tell me. What did Mi Young do to Ryoko?" Hae Ra just shook her head. "Just do as I tell you oppa. If you care for Ryoko, just do it. Tell Ryoko I'm sorry." Before Baekhyun could say anything, she quickly turned and left. 

 

"Hae Ra! Yah! Lee Hae Ra!" But she didn't turn. *She's leaving again. Just like that.*

 

•Ryoko's P.O.V•

After finally deciding what ice cream flavors to buy and drinks, you paid the cashier and left. But you were confused to see only Baekhyun standing there. "Oh, oppa, where did Hae Ra go?" Baekhyun was staring at the ground. You started to worry. *Did they fight?* You tapped his shoulder. "She said she had something urgent to attend to and that she's sorry." Baekhyun said in a monotonous tone which actually scared you. 

 

"Oppa, are you okay?" *It's my fault isn't it?* You gulped and bit your lower lip. Baekhyun looked at you and showed a faint smile. "Ryoko ah, why don't you go and meet up with the rest and Mrs Park?" You nodded. "But what about you oppa?" Baekhyun smiled and shook his head. "I'm not feeling well all of a sudden. Tell the others and Mrs Park I'm sorry." You didn't have a chance to say anything else because he just turned and left. 

 

You felt guilty. *It's my fault. They fought again didn't they? This isn't what I planned. Oppa's face. I've never seen him that sad before.* You gripped on the plastic bag with the ice creams which would've melted by now and made your way to meet the rest. 

 

*It's my fault. I started this. I have to fix it back again.*