Goodbye

My Kareshi And I.

You wheeled your luggage towards the door and took one last look in the room. The room you only spent days sleeping in. It was time, today was the day you'd finally leave this country. You sighed and pulled on the strap of your backpack before closing the door. 

 

 

Your parents were already waiting for you in the taxi while you put your luggage in the trunk. *No, I have to see them. I have to see my friends before I leave.* You closed the trunk and went to the back door of the taxi. Your parents gave you a confused look as to why you were not getting in. "Mama, Papa, I have to go somewhere first is that okay with you guys?" Your mum just stared at you while your dad gave you a look. "Listen, Ryoko my girl, we're going to miss the flight. And besides, me and your mother have some business to attend back in Japan. We do not want to be late for that. Now get in the taxi." Your dad said. You sighed and got in beside your mother. She ran her fingers through your hair to comfort you. She knew where you wanted to go but at the same time, she knew why your father was acting that way.

 

Because Chanyeol stayed over until late last night, your father was pretty much upset. He was sulking actually. So you thought it'd be best to just listen to what he tells you to and drive together to the airport. You closed your eyes as your mother talked about how excited she was about the whole family getting back together and going back to Japan, but you didn't listen. You didn't want to. You leaned your head against the window and took in the scenery of Korea one last time. *One last time before I go. I have to remember all of this when I get back to Japan.* You told yourself. 

 

About one or two hours later, you reached the airport and got off to help your dad with unloading the bags. He wasn't looking at you and you could tell he was still upset. You couldn't stand it anymore. "Papa, I'm sorry." You dropped your bags and looked at him. He continued what he was doing and played dumb. "Hmm? What are you sorry for?" You sighed in frustration. Is he going to make this any harder for you? "Papa...please~" You whined and tried out some aegyo, something you learned from Sehun. Your mother who was watching the whole time laughed. "I'll go check-in for us. The two of you better be back to being close and all when I get back okay?" She patted both your backs and went in the airport. Your dad sighed and sat at the bench outside the entrance. He patted the seat next to him and gestured you to come over. You smiled and took the seat willingly. 

 

 

"I'm sorry Chanyeol came over last night without permission and also, without introducing him to you guys." You took your dad's hand in yours. Your dad pouted a little. He actually pouted! You had to bite the insides of your cheeks to stop yourself from bursting into laughter. Your dad then said in a soft voice. "Is he....is he your boyfriend?" He stole a glance at your face and you let out a chuckle. "No Papa, he's just a very close friend I made in Korea. He's really very nice." Your dad nodded but you could tell that he still didn't believe you. 

 

"Dad, trust me, he's just a friend. Besides, I...I have someone that I like." You blushed and tucked a strand of your loose hair behind your ear. Your dad's eyes widened in surprise and he was about to open his mouth to say something when a familiar booming voice filled the air. 

 

"Ryoko ah! Over here!" 

 

Both you and your dad turned your heads towards the direction where the loud deep voice was coming from and a smile immediately formed on your face. You see your friends, all walking towards the both of you in a huge group and a banner that said 'Farewell Our Japanese Friend.' *Kai oppa must've thought about that.* You told yourself as you tried your best not to shed a tear. Hae Ra was there too, holding balloons and waving like mad while D.O was standing beside her, his arm wrapped around her shoulder and a smirk on his face. 

 

You and your dad stood up when they were all gathered in front of you and they all surprised you by bowing to your dad. Kai surprisingly stepped forward. "Hello Ryoko's dad. We're all your daughter's friends and we came here to send her off." He spoke in Japanese. Yes. Kim Jong In spoke in Japanese to your very own dad! *How does he know how to speak Japanese? I'm impressed.* You thought to yourself. 

 

Your dad seemed taken aback himself but he cleared his throat and nodded. He leaned in to you and whispered. "Is he Japanese? I like this boy. Is he the one?" You glared at you dad and gave him a light smack on his arms. "Papa! He's just a friend! Now can you please go find Mama at the check-in? I'm sure she's waiting for you." You instructed your dad and he smiled. The whole time, your friends stood by you, looking at you and your dad with confused expression. Even Kai, who seemed to be standing there awkwardly. 

 

After your dad left, Hae Ra ran to you and gave you a tight hug before pulling your cheeks. "Yah, how can you not tell us you were leaving?! Do you know how upset I am?" She puffed her cheeks and folded her arms. You chuckled and rubbed your sore cheeks. "Mianhe guys. I really didn't want you guys to find out. I didn't want to hurt you guys." You rubbed the back of your neck. 

 

"Yah pabo, we'd be more hurt if you left without saying goodbye." Kai said and came up to you before ruffling your hair. "Aish oppa! Don't do that, I'll look like a hobo. And when did you learn Japanese? I was impressed." You nudged him and he made an annoyed face but it quickly turned to look arrogant. "All those years of collecting and reading manga was worth it." He smirked and you rolled your eyes. 

 

Sehun came up to the both of you and pushed Kai away and grabbed both your hands. He seemed oblivious to the fuming Kai who was shooting daggers at him. "You naughty girl." He pouted at you. You couldn't help but pout as well and tip toed to reach his height and ruffled his hair. "I know I know. I'm a bad person. I'm sorry Sehun ah." Sehun shook his head and looked at you in the eyes. "How can you leave when you haven't heard my true feelings for you? I didn't even get the chance to confess." He looked down and you notice a slight blush on his cheeks.

 

"What do you mean?" You asked him. "I like you Ryoko ah." He said blankly. You blinked. You knew you should be surprised but somehow, somewhere deep inside of you, you felt like you kinda knew all along. You smiled and his cheek. "I...don't know what to say Sehun. Thank you? I really like you too but as a friend. You're very important to me you know that?" You told him. 

 

He leaned into your touch and you knew he was about to cry. He was such a crybaby. But that's what you liked about him. That's what you would miss the most of him. You pulled him into a hug and the rest of them came closer for a group hug. You smiled as your head leaned against Sehun's chest, feeling the warmth of your friends around you. 

 

"We're gonna miss you Ryoko ah." Tao said and ruffled your hair. 

 

 

"Bye Ryoko! Don't forget about us!"

"Come visit soon okay? I'll cook something special for you!"

"Annyeong, our Japanese friend!"

 

You looked back before heading into the departure gate, the tears in your eyes were blurring your vision but you tried your best not to let them fall. 

*Even though Oppa's not here, I'm not going to cry. My friends came to send me off. The first ever set of friends I was able to have. I'll definitely come back to see them again.* 

 

 


 

[A/N] Guys, do check out my new story Like Water ! I started writing this story months ago, hoping to improve my way of writing as well as my language. 

A little FYI on that story, it was easier to write since the character was alot like me. And for all you fans of Yeollie~ I hope you guys would subscribe to it and give it lots of love. Yeap, and the reason why I started writing that story is because this one is already ending T.T We've come a long way and I thank all of you who stayed throughout. I know, it was tiring waiting for me to update and everything, which is why in my new story, I've promised to update at the end of every week!

Thanks guys, saranghae~