D-Day 7

My Kareshi And I.

It was math and as usual, you fell asleep in class. Kai nudged you and asked you to wash your face in the toilet. So you did. Even though you felt like sleeping anyway but you didn't want to irritate Kai since you're leaving him soon and he doesn't know about it. Kai himself was surprised when he saw you obediently going to the toilet. *She'd usually glare at me. Why is she listening to what I say?* He furrowed his eyebrows. You got the hall pass from your math teacher Mr Lee and went out of class. On your way to the toilet, you felt you phone vibrate in your school blazer. It was from Min Jung. *Great, what else does she want?* You rolled your eyes and opened the message. 

 

"Yah! You did your work. I'm not going to disturb you anymore." You furrowed your eyebrows and cocked your head. *Did my job? What job? If it's about getting Baekhyun oppa, I didn't even do anything.* You thought to yourself. 

 

"What do you mean I did my work? I didn't even do anything." You texted back. You turned around the corner and entered the restroom. Just your luck, Min Jung, Ma Ri and Hae Ra were inside. You saw that Min Jung had her phone in her hands and knew that she was just about to reply your text. When she saw you, her face lit up. "There's my good friend. Come here." She said, gesturing you with her hands to come closer. *Good friend? Puh-lease.* You tried to fake a smile and slowly went closer. Min Jung and Ma Ri were smoking of course. But Hae Ra was just standing alone at a corner, watching you when you didn't notice. 

 

Min Jung wrapped her arms around you. You had to hold your breath because smelled of tobacco. "Listen, I'm having a party on Wednesday to celebrate this happy occasion. And I want to invite you." Min Jung smiled. Ma Ri smiled at you too and nodded before taking a puff from her cigarette. "Party? What party? And what's the special occasion?" You asked. Min Jung looked at you with a confused face. "Don't be silly. A party to celebrate me, partnering with the charming Baekhyun oppa for this Friday's concert! If it weren't for you, this wouldn't have happened!" She said and looked up at the ceiling, as if imagining her and Baekhyun singing together on stage. "But it wasn't-" Before you finish, the bell rang. It was recess. Min Jung clapped her hands to stop you from saying anything and quickly threw her cigarette outside the window. Ma Ri did the same thing too. "That's enough chit chat for today girls. And I'll see you on Wednesday arraso?" She placed both her hands on your shoulders and smiled. All you could do was nod. 

 

She smiled and patted your heading before leaving with Ma Ri. Before Hae Ra could leave, you grabbed her arms. "What's your problem? Let me go." She tried to jerk your hands off her but you had a tight grip around it. *If it wasn't me who did it, then it must be her.* "I need to talk to you. Please?" Hae Ra looked at you and bit her lower lip. After a few seconds of hesitating, she sighed and nodded. You smiled at her and the both of you went out. You wanted to have a private conversation with her so the both of you decided to go to the library. No one really goes there except to study but since the exams are still a few months away, it's quite empty. The two of you took a seat by the window and that's when you realized, you could actually see the gazebo where all the guys are. "Oh right, I forgot to tell them I'm with you. Hold on." You quickly took out your phone and dialed Chanyeol's number. Hae Ra waited patiently but was playing with the hem of her skirt. 

 

Chanyeol answered his phone at the second ring and from where you were seated, you could see a huge smile on his face. "Oppa, I won't be joining you guys for lunch today." Chanyeol pouted. " Ey, why not?" You giggled when you saw his expression. "Oppa, don't pout like that, it's not cute." Right then Chanyeol's eyes widened and he started to look around searching for you. "Yah, where are you?! How can you see me!?" You giggled some more but a little bit too loud that a librarian nearby had to shush you. You bowed apologetically. "That's not important oppa. Anyway, tell the others not to worry about me okay? I'll see you guys after school." Before he could ask any questions, you hung up. You looked out from the window and saw Chanyeol looking confused while scratching his head. You smiled. *Chanyeol oppa is really cute. Like a giant baby.* Right then, Hae Ra cleared to remind you of her presence. *Oh right, I forgot why we were here.*

 

"You seem really close with them." She said. You smiled and nodded. "They're all like brothers to me. Well, Suho is my cousin of course. But they take care of me really well." Hae Ra nodded. "You're so lucky. Girls would do anything to be in your place you know." You sighed and nodded. "I know. But the oppas don't seem to like any of the girls here. In fact, they didn't say anything about having crushes before." Hae Ra just nodded. You then cleared your throat to get back to the real reason why you wanted to talk to her. "Hae Ra, listen, could you have something to do with-" Before you could finish, she interrupted you.

 

"You're right. I did it." You were shocked. *She knew even before I asked her.* "But why? Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?" Hae Ra sighed and looked outside the window where the guys were sitting, talking and laughing with each other. " Baekhyun oppa, is very stubborn. And you're too kind. Of course he'd say no. And of course you'd give in and tell Min Jung to give up. Am I right?" You thought about it for a while. *Well, she does have a point. Since oppa doesn't like Min Jung, why force him right?* You slowly nodded your head. "So I thought I'd make it easier for you by helping." "But why? Why did you?" Hae Ra hesitated for a while and bit her bottom lip before answering. "Because...because.." Right then, you knew. "You still like him don't you?" Hae Ra looked at you, wide eyed. It was then you knew it was true. *So she still does.* "You still care for him don't you?" Hae Ra shook her head to deny but you held her hands. 

 

"You don't have to lie to me Hae Ra. You still...like him don't you?" Hae Ra looked at you and looked at the guys at the gazebo. After spotting Baekhyun, she blushed and tried to hide her smile. You smiled. *So it's true then.* "Why don't you tell him?" She shook her head. "He thinks of me as a sister. Nothing more." "Is that why you don''t talk to him anymore? The reason you disappeared?" She shrugged. You sighed and folded your arms. "Hae Ra, he cares a lot about you. So what if he doesn't love you the same way you do? To be treated as a little sister is way better. And I bet tons of girls would sacrifice anything to be you." Hae Ra nodded, but didn't make eye contact with you. "But I'm scared, and embarrassed." You furrowed your eyebrows. "What's there to be afraid of?" She sighed. "What if he doesn't want me anymore? I was the one who left him. Do you think he'll forgive me?" You smiled and patted her hands. "I'm sure he will. You just have to try." 

 

Hae Ra's face lit up and she leaned forward to give you a hug. "Jeongmal? Thanks Ryoko. I'm glad you're here." You patted her back. "Hey, that's what friends are for." The both of you broke the hug and she looked at you. "Friends?" You smiled and nodded before ruffling her hair. "Best friends." She beamed at you. The bell indicating the end of recess was heard and the both of you quickly went back to class.

 

You were all smiles when you sat in your seat, earning stares from Kai. "Someone seems to be in a good mood. Where were you?" You beamed at him. Kai leaned back on his seat. *Seriously, why is she smiling like that?* Kai rolled his eyes and turned to face the whiteboard. "Were you taking drugs or something when you were gone? Sheesh stop smiling like a mad lady." You would have wanted to choke him but nothing could ruin your mood. You were happy that you were finally able to have a decent conversation with Hae Ra. But then, it hit you. *I forgot to ask her how she became one of Mi Jung's puppets. Ugh.* You face palmed yourself and rested your head on the table. Kai looked at you and smirked. *Yeap, I definitely prefer her this way than when she first came here.*


 

[A/N] Sorry for the short update guys. Been busy lately. I'm moving to Korea!! Awww yeaahh!!!

 

 

Nah...just kidding. I wish it was true though.

Sigh. But what is true is that I really am moving so that explains the slow and short updates. Until I'm settled down, it's going to go on like this. Mianhe :3

Saranghae <3