Abandoned

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

He flicked my forehead and I yelped in pain. “Oh, come on,” he said impatiently, rolling his eyes. “Don’t exaggerate. You are not going to die tonight.”

I caressed my forehead where he had flicked me. That really hurt. I have a feeling that it was turning red already. “It’s true,” I told him, pouting. “Aunty Yu Jun is very fierce when she came be. I’m going to be sitting through dinner, wishing that I could disappear because I really don’t like it when she yells at me because she is just saying what a bad influence she is on me instead.”

Lu Han just smiled sympathetically. He held me tight in his arms, his chin resting on my head and I was looking at his neck. I could see his Adam's apple bobbing up and down every time he swallows. I closed my eyes and snuggled in his arms like this. I felt really safe, like he could protect me from all harm.

Once I was sure I had calmed down, I told Lu Han that I was going to work right now. I shouldn’t waste a day like this when I can spend it earning money. I need the money, after all. Lu Han offered to walk me to the café, which he so gentlemanly did so.

When we reached there, he bent down and sweetly kissed me on my cheeks and I felt my heart beating so wildly, and for a moment, I could not think straight. Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel butterflies in my stomach? “I’ll pick you up after your work, all right?” he said.

“Where are you going?” I asked him.

“Awww, you care about me,” he teased.

I rolled my eyes. And here I thought he was being sincere. “Yeah, you know what, forget it,” I muttered, scowling. “Don’t tell me. I don’t care where you go, anyway.”

“Sure you don’t.”

“I don’t,” I retorted.

He laughed. “You know something?”

“What?”

“You’re awfully rude to someone who’s older than you,” he pointed out and I scowled again because I know that he was right.

So I childishly rolled my eyes.

“See?” he pointed out.

“You’re so annoying,” I muttered. I paused. “And you know what I just realized? I don’t know how old you are.”

“I’m twenty-two.”

My jaws dropped. “Are you serious?” I asked in disbelief. “But . . . you look as though you are nineteen!” All this time, I’ve been falling in love with a twenty-two —

What the hell?

Did I just say in love?!

Lu Han shrugged, scratching his temple. He shook his head, letting his brown hair fall to his face. He swet it aside. “Well, I’m twenty-two in Earthling years,” he replied, “if that matters.”

I shot him a look. “In Earthling years?” I repeated, tilting my head to one side in confusion. “What, so you mean you guys age differently?”

“Obviously,” he replied. “I’m an alien. Duh.”

I held back rolling my eyes impatiently. “Yeah, I figured,” I snapped a little testily. “So how do you count your Earthling years?”

“It’s a little bit hard to explain, to be honest,” he replied.

I thought about it when something came across my mind. “Wait . . . then, how old would you actually be, if you were living in Exo?”

He grinned. “A hundred and forty-seven,” he replied.

My eyes bugged out.

You mean all this time I’ve been living with a hundred and forty-seven years old alien? I thought frantically.

“Ewww! Pedo!” I grimaced.

He rolled his eyes. “Seriously?” he said, looking slightly offended. “Do I look like I’m a hundred and forty-seven years old alien?”

“No, that’s the whole point!” I shot back, shaking my head in disbelief. “Oh my goodness. You’re such a pedo! Omo, you’ve been hitting on me all this while!” I made a face.

He raised an eyebrow. “You do realized you’ve kissed this pedo, and you’re also attracted to this pedo?” he pointed out, smirking smugly.

Crap, he’s right.

But I’ll never admit to his face that I was attracted — strongly and irrevocably attracted — to him. His head will only grow bigger. “Pfft,” I scoffed instead. “Me? Attracted to you? Of course not. I mean, who would want you?”

“You.”

I shook my head.

“You had wet dreams of me,” he replied, smirking.

I blushed, looking away. “Yah, yah! That was only because you controlled my dream! If you didn’t, I would not! So that’s not counted.”

“But you think of me all the time.”

“I do not think about you all the time!” I protested, my cheeks burning because he was right. I do think about him all the time. Damn that mind reader.

“Which is why I’m right when I say that you are attracted to me,” he went on, smiling smugly.

How I wish I could just scrub that stupid smug away from his face.

“And that also mean that you have to call me ‘gege’ as how they would call me in China, or ‘oppa’ as how you should be calling me,” he continued.

“Over my dead body,” I muttered.

He smiled and laughed. “Okay, anyway, so I have to go. Bye.” He turned around and started to walk away.

“Eh, seriously, where are you going?” I asked.

“Somewhere,” he replied mysteriously. “I’ve got scores to settle with.” He tried to sound casual but I thought I could trace a hint of anger in his voice. Oh, no. Please don’t tell me he’s going to do what I think he will.

Lu Han,” I said warily. “Please, no.”

He smiled and ruffled my hair playfully. “Oh, just relax, Eun Hae,” he reassured me but his smile doesn’t match his face, and neither did his eyes. “I won’t get into trouble. Don’t worry about me, all right?”

I looked at him, who just smiled at me. I was not convinced but I knew he would not budge. So I just sighed and nodded. “Okay,” I said reluctantly. “But you have to promise you’ll come on the dot.” Wait, whoa, .

What the hell did I just say?!

Omo, I just sound like a freakin’ girlfriend! I hope he doesn’t realize it.

He looked at me, amused. “You know, you sound as though we’re a couple or something,” he said.

Aaarrgghh! Stupid alien!

“A couple of what?” I mumbled, looking down.

He laughed again and grasped my chin. “Call me ‘oppa’,” he pleaded. “And then I will tell you where I’m going.”

“No way!” I protested. I’m sorry, but I’ve got my pride.

He shrugged, like he actually did not care. “Okay, bye.” He smiled and hugged me. “Have fun at work. I’ll walk you home, since you demanded it.”

I felt the tip of my ears go red with embarrassment. “Shut up,” I snapped as I turned around and walked inside the cafe. When I turned back, I couldn’t see him, so I’m guessing that he’s gone. I told my boss that I was free from classes for the next two weeks and asked if I could come to work every day from morning until night instead of coming in the evening until night. He agreed.

So I walked to the back to put my apron on when I saw Kai washing the dishes. I walked over to him. “Hi.” I tapped him on the shoulder and he looked over and seemed surprised to see me there.

“I was pretty sure I saw you with Daeseul wearing your school uniform earlier in the morning,” he said, frowning in confusion. “How come you’re here and working now? Did school let out early?”

I told him the same lie I told my boss.

He shook his head. “Maybe he could be fooled by you, but I’m definitely not going to fall for that sad pathetic excuse of a lie,” he said firmly.

My shoulders deflated. Damn, how could he have seen right through my lies? So much for being able to get away with it. “All right, all right,” I mumbled and I told him the whole truth — about that stupid Bang Yongguk with what he did to me since detention up until today.

When I was done, his mouth dropped and he shook his head in anger. “I can’t believe that a person would stoop that low!” he exclaimed.

“You and me both,” I sighed.

“Eun Hae!” my boss called from the door. “You’re wanted to serve at table five! There are only two of them. Remember; serve with politeness and a smile!”

I rolled my eyes and walked out, grabbing a notebook to take down their orders. When I got to table number, I froze when I realized that I was supposed to serve Yongguk and Himchan.

They smirked when they saw me.

I tried to put on my best fake smile. “Welcome to the cafe,” I said in a false happy voice when all I wanted to do was stab them with a fork. “How may I help you?”

“Yeah, tell me how I can fire you from your job,” Yongguk snickered and exchanged high-fives with Himchan. He eyed me and I shifted my position uncomfortably. “Hurr, you know what I want?”

“What, sir?” I asked.

“I want you,” he replied and wink. I tried my best not to vomit with repulse. Who on earth does he think he is?! He turned to Himchan. “What about you?”

“Can we make a ?” Himchan smirked.

I fought back the urge to poke them in the eyes with my pen but they were starting to get on my nerves. “May I recommend —?”

“Excuse me!” Yongguk said, standing up. He motioned for my boss to come over. “I find this waitress very rude. She asked us to decide on our food quickly when we have just settled down here and didn’t even have time to look at the menu carefully.”

“I did not!” I protested and my boss glared at me.

“I’m so sorry for her behaviour,” my boss said sweetly (kinda weird, seeing as he is a guy about forty years of age. Ulck). “She won’t do it again. I do hope that this does not spoil your appetite.”

Yongguk smiled and shrugged and my boss walked away after giving me a warning look. I sighed, shaking my head slightly. Damn it, I thought sourly. Yongguk can get my fired if he wants to. I looked at him, and I knew that that was what he was planning to do. “Please, don’t,” I pleaded, losing my pride.

He smirked. “I’m afraid I can’t,” he said but he didn’t look sorry at all. “But I love making you suffer.”

I shook my head. “Why?” I demanded to know.

Behind him, Kai was coming up to see how he could help me.

Yongguk shrugged, not noticing that Kai was behind him. Himchan did not notice it either. “No reasons.” He had an evil look on his face. “Besides, what’s so bad about getting fired from your job? You could always run to mummy and daddy for help, right?” he went on. He smiled sinisterly and I froze, knowing where he was going with this. He snapped his fingers as though he just remembered some vital information. “Oh, right, I forgot. You can’t.”

Kai frowned.

Please . . . no. I felt tears stinging my eyes and soon they began to flow down my cheeks. I didn’t have the heart to wipe them away.

“Your parents threw you out of your house because they didn’t want you,” he sneered. “They thought you were worthless, a good-for-nothing, a waste of time and money. They threw you out because they hated you. All you ever did was bring back disappointment. Your parents abandoned you.”

I want to deny it, to yell back at him, saying that they were all lies, to shut up and stop spreading lies, and that that’s not true. But I can’t. He’s right.

My parents did abandon me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wo-oh D:

Eeeh, yeah. I'mma leave it like this with no other author's comment :P

Hope you enjoy the double updates! :D