Where Are You?

The Heartbreaker's Game

Lu Han’s POV

Eun Hae gaped at me, sitting up. “W – What the hell?” she spluttered out, trying to gather her thoughts right. She grabbed her blanket to cover herself.

I smiled smugly as I s my arms around her from the waist, my chin resting on her thigh and looked up to her. With one hand, I grabbed both her arms so she couldn’t slap me away. I kissed her softly on her thighs and she shivered. “Had a good sleep? I know I had.”

She closed her eyes, but I can see that images of me and her doing it suddenly popped up. She opened my eyes, blinking, her face red with embarrassment.

I saw the panicked look on her face and softened. “Hey, I was just kidding. Of course nothing happened last night. I made it up.”

She breathed a sigh of relief. “It was just a dream, then,” Eun Hae murmured to herself, shaking her head.

I raised an eyebrow. What did she just say? “You dreamt that we did it?” I asked with a sly smirk.

She blushed, realizing what she just revealed to me. “A – Anniyo!” she stammered but i knew she was lying. To cover it up for it, she scowled and quickly said, “Yah, what were you doing in bed with me, anyway?”

I looked up to her with innocent eyes. I pretended to be hurt. “But, baby, we had fun last night, didn’t we? Or have you forgotten how you called my name while riding hard on me?” I pouted slightly.

She gasped. “But I thought you said that we didn’t do it!” she shrieked and began to swat me away with her arms. “You just told me that we did nothing! Ugh! You stupid alien!”

I had a twinkle of mischief in my eyes. “But you dreamt it, didn’t you?” I asked.

She frowned. “How on earth did you —?” Then she gasped. Wow, for a human being, she sure grasp the meaning quite fast. I doubt any other girls would have understood. “Omo! Don’t tell me you can control my dreams?!”

I laughed evilly. Then I sat up. “I loved the way you moaned my name,” I teased. “I want you.” I pinned her down and leaned down, pressing her lips to mine. “Eun Hae . . .” Truth to be told, I loved kissing her.

She’s got really soft, kissable lips.

She wasn’t afraid of me like she was with Yongguk. Yongguk did this to her because, well, I don’t know. But I’m only doing this to annoy her. And I have a strong feeling that I’m right. Hehe.

But then she reached her legs up and kneed me in the groin.

Groaning, I rolled off her and she jumped off the bed.

“Yah! ert!” she screeched at me. “How dare you do that to me! I am so sick and tired of you messing with my mind! It’s not funny! And I find it unfair because I can’t do anything to fight back!”

I shrugged nonchalantly. “All’s fair in love and war,” I quoted in a sing-song voice that irritated her even more.

She scowled, running a hand through her messy black hair. “I don’t understand what you mean by love,” Eun Hae muttered darkly, “but it’s war, all right.”

I chuckled softly, slightly amused. “But you’ll understand when I say that you enjoyed the dream, right?” I asked her innocently.

Eun Hae’s face turned beet red and she refused to meet my eyes so I knew that I had hit jackpot. “No,” she mumbled but inside, I’m pretty sure she was screaming, I WANT MORE. GIVE ME MORE.

I smirked. “Come back when you’ve learned how to lie convincingly,” I replied as I pulled her close to me. She must have sensed that I wasn’t going to do anything to her because she let herself be pulled to me.

I stood up and faced her.

“I didn’t,” she said feebly.

I leaned forward and pressed my head on her forehead. I looked into her eyes. “Admit it,” I said cockily. My eyes fell on her lips. “You think I’m hot and some part of you hoped that it was actually real.” I leaned down, my right hand slipping behind her neck while my left hand wrapped itself around her waist, pulling her closer until our bodies were touching. I leaned in and kissed her.

Eun Hae pulled back, pushing me away, and the next thing I knew, there was this loud ‘piak’ followed by a stinging pain on left cheek.

She’d slapped me.

For a petite girl, she sure is strong. I looked at her and saw her glowering, practically snarling, at me. If looks could kill, I’d be dead by now. This is really amusing.

“You !” she shrieked at me. “Get out of my sight! I don’t want to see you here again! Get lost and go find someone else to bother!” With that, in a huff, she turned, grabbing her towel, and stormed to the toilet, slamming the door shut.

“Aaaarrrrgghhh!!!” I heard her screaming. “Stupid alien!”

I smiled to myself. Eun Hae was annoyed with me.

Mission accomplished.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

When I emerged out from the bathroom, Lu Han was lying down in my unmade bed. I glared at him. “I thought I told you to get lost,” I snapped at him.

He looked up and shrugged. “Suit yourself.” He got up and walked out of my room.

I stared after him, confused for a moment. Usually he’d make some cocky statement about how deep inside I really want him to stay and all. But then I shook my head and locked the door before changing into my school uniform. When I was about to set out for school, I looked around.

The apartment was too quiet.

Where could Lu Han be? Could he really have left like I told him to?

I went inside his room. It was bare.

My shoulders slumped with disappointment.

He’s gone.

I shook my head. Why do I feel this way? I should be happy that that jerk is gone. He’s been getting on my nerves and after playing with my mind, controlling my dreams, that was out of line.

But why do I feel so empty inside?

I walked out of the apartment, feeling that something was amiss. As I was walking to the coffee shop, I kicked random pebbles on the pavement. “Stupid alien,” I grumbled under my breath as the wind breezed by my face, blowing my hair back against the wind. “Where is he? Wait, what am I saying? I should be happy that he’s gone!”

But I’m not.

I’m not happy.

Why aren’t I happy?

Daeseul was waiting for me at the coffee shop. When she saw me, she handed me my cup before turning back inside to say, “Bye, Kai Oppa! See you later!”

I glanced curiously at her as I took a sip of my coffee. “Kai Oppa?” I repeated.

She beamed, her bag jiggling behind her. “He’s really nice!” she gushed. “I think that you’ll like him.”

I shot her a wary sideways glance. “You’re not setting me up with him, are you?”

She shrugged. “He reminds me of Changjo,” was her reply.

I grimaced. “What are you implying? Have you forgotten that Changjo is my cousin? If I date him, and he is like Changjo, it will be like dating my cousin!”

She coughed. “Uh, yeah, didn’t think of that,” she said, her face falling. But then she smiled and brightened. “But, come on, Kai Oppa is really nice, understanding, funny and he’s not a jerk like Yongguk is.”

I shrugged. “Speaking of Yongguk,” I said and she flinched, knowing what was coming. “Do you remember the last time you tried to set me up?”

She winced, faltering a bit. “Weeellll . . .”

“You tried to set me up with Daehyun!”

She shrugged. “I didn’t know,” she mumbled.

“I mean, would you like it if I set you up with Jongup?” I went on.

Daeseul shuddered. “But this is different!” she protested. “Kai is different! Really! You should give him a chance! As for Daehyun, I didn’t know! And besides, last time, I didn’t tell you that I’d set a date for you and made you go blindly. This time, I’m telling you his name and what he’s like.”

“Yeah, you told me he’s like my cousin. You know, my blood relative and all.”

“Come on,” she whined, blowing a frustrated raspberry.

I sighed heavily. “I’ll think about it,” I replied, just to please her and she cheered. But I was reluctant. Why is she making me get a boyfriend when I don’t want one?

That’s a lie.

I shook my head slightly. Okay, so, my inner-voice is right. I do want a boyfriend. But I don’t want to go out on a date with someone who I don’t even know! What if he got some problem, although Daeseul claimed he’s all right?

Because you want to be with Lu Han.

“Shut up,” I growled.

Daeseul glanced at me. “I didn’t say anything.”

“Nothing,” I mumbled. I looked up and my face fell. “Oh no.”

Her gaze followed mine and she cringed. “Yikes,” she remarked. “Why do Yongguk and his badass friends always have to wait outside of school before the bell goes off?”

I shrugged as we neared them, praying that they don’t make a fuss about Lu Han being my boyfriend. Daeseul will kill me before the whole school could even ask me about it. I kept my head down as I walked passed them. But surprisingly, Yongguk and Himchan nudged each other before Yongguk dragged Himchan by his hand and Himchan willingly followed until they had disappeared out of sight, inside the school building.

Daeseul raised an eyebrow. “Well, that was something,” she said. “Normally he’d just sneer at you.”

“Or come after me,” I added.

“He looked scared,” she went on. “Did you do something?”

I shrugged, not wanting to tell her about the Lu Han incident. But shouldn’t Yongguk be more mad and angry to see me rather than to run away and dragging Himchan along with him? What was with his face expression?

Strange.

Thinking about Lu Han, I wonder where he could be. I mean, not that I’m worried, it’s just that he doesn’t take off without a word.

Daeseul and I split up. Just as I walked inside my classroom, ignoring  my classmates who ignored me as well, my phone rang. Luckily I still had fifteen minutes before school started so I answered the call. It was from my work. “Yeobosaeyo?” I said into the receiver, cradling it on my neck as I put my bag down on my chair and sat down.

“Hi, could you possibly come in earlier today?” my boss asked. “Somehow, there seem to be a lot of people and there isn’t enough staff so I’m asking all shifts people to come down and help. I’ll pay you extra.”

I thought about it. Even though the normal time school ended is at two, my last period was free period, which meant I can easily skip that class and go to work. Besides, the thought that I get to earn a few extra cash sounds good. I can save up the money to pay for my rent and not let Changjo and my aunty cover it up for me whenever I couldn’t pay it on time. “Sure. I’ll come at one, then?”

“Thanks,” my boss replied, sounding grateful. “What will I do without you?”

I frowned as I hung up. Those were the words Lu Han said to me, except that he had said, “What would you do without me?”

I sighed, gazing out of the window, frowning.

Lu Han, where are you?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooh. What do you think this means? xDD