Competition

The Heartbreaker's Game

Kai’s POV

Something is off.

He is right in front of us, yet Eun Hae declared that she couldn’t see him. But it wasn’t as though he was hiding himself or anything. He was just standing right in front of her!

Why can’t she see him?

What’s going on?

Then Eun Hae gasped and her face lit up. “Lu Han!” she exclaimed happily. She ran to him and hugged him. He hugged her back, but only slightly. I guess now she can see him now.

He tweaked her nose. “Miss me?”

She rolled her eyes. “Of course not.”

He smirked and pinched her cheeks playfully. “I’m sure you did. I saw that you were looking for me.”

She coughed. “Dude! I hate you!” She began to punch his chest but he held her hands to stop from getting hit.

He laughed and kissed her temple. “Aww, I love you too,” he replied and I saw that she was blushing.

Then she turned to me and saw that I was standing there awkwardly. She smiled at me. “Kai, this is Lu Han,” she said. “Lu Han, this is Kai.”

Lu Han turned toward me, his eyes narrowed as he regarded me. He was looking strangely at me. He took a step forward. “You are Exo-K’s representative,” he spoke up, loud and clear, speaking only to me.

“Bwoh??” I blurted out. I am Exo-K’s representative. But how did he know about that? Not unless . . .

I looked at him. He nodded his head. “Exo-M,” he said.

. He’s Exo-M’s representative.

My mouth dropped, aghast. I don’t flipping believe this. I can’t believe what I am hearing right now. In all the past 70 Heartbreaker’s Games, the representatives of both Exo-K and Exo-M had never met each other before. And yet . . . here we were, in front of each other, with Eun Hae standing in between the both of us.

I wonder what hyung will say about this. It was not allowed. Did he know about this? Did he have a feeling that we might meet?

Eun Hae darted between the two of us. I could tell that she was feeling confused and was wondering about me and Lu Han. “What’s going on?” she asked. “I mean, do you guys know each other?”

 

Lu Han’s POV

Eun Hae looked really perplexed here. I didn’t say anything to her and I wondered why Exo-K’s representative is with her.

“What’s going on?” she asked us, looking back and forth from me and him. “I mean, do you guys know each other? Why do you guys —?”

“We have never met before,” Kai said truthfully but I knew she didn’t believe him. I could tell in her eyes.

She turned to me.

I raised an eyebrow. She’s a smart girl. She can get things very fast. If she sees that we know each other, it would mean only one thing. . . .

She gasped and gaped at Kai. Yeap, she’s figured it out. I knew. She’s a smart girl. “You’re an alien!” she exclaimed ardently. “Exo-M and Exo-K! I don’t know about that, but I know about Exo Planet!”

Kai seemed dumbfounded that she knew about Exo, so he turned to me. “How much does she know about us?” he asked me to which I shrugged. I didn’t want to tell him how much she knew. Let him guess.

Eun Hae staggered a few steps back, not being able to take this all in. I guess no matter how much weird things she could take — with me being an alien and having powers like appearing in front of her, move things around and having the ability to control her dreams — I guess she reached her limit.

“You guys . . .” she stuttered, looking a bit scared, “. . . why are you here? What do you want? Why Earth? Why me?” But without waiting for an answer, she turned around and ran away from us.

“Eun Hae!” we cried out.

Kai started to go after her but I held him back. He turned and glared at me. “How much does she know?” he asked. “What did you tell her?”

I shrugged again and smiled, knowing that it would get him irritated.

He gashed his teeth and glowered at me. “Did you tell her about the Game? You know that you —”

“Do you know honestly think that I’m that stupid?” I scoffed, cutting him off. “Of course I didn’t tell her. All I told her was my power, what powers the rest of us have and that we’re considered aliens.”

He gave me a suspicious look. “Didn’t she ask why you were here?”

“I just told her that I needed to get away from Exo and thought I’d come and take a little vacation.”

He didn’t look convinced.

“Why else would she let me sleep with her?” I asked him casually. “I’ve been spending all my time here in Seoul with her all the time. She’s been with me.” I smirked. “In fact, a lot of people think that she’s my girlfriend.”

His jaws dropped.

I smiled smugly. He’s going to think that I’m winning, especially since I didn’t specify, and not say that we weren’t doing it. I laughed. “Don’t you think I would have won or something by now?”

He looked like he wanted to kill me but he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Why are you with her?” he asked me furiously.

I dropped my act. “I was about to ask you the same thing,” I growled. “She’s my girl.”

His eyes grew wide. “ off!” he snarled. “She’s my girl! Suho hyung chose her for me! She can’t be yours!”

I frowned. This wasn’t making any sense at all. “I’m pretty sure I know who the girl chosen for me is,” I said.

 

Kai’s POV

Why have the rules all suddenly change?

I looked at him. He’s serious. She’s his girl too.

He and Eun Hae looked close, just now when Eun Hae saw him. I mean, I saw the happiness in her eyes. I could tell that she was falling for him now. And he even had her wrapped under his finger.

It was pretty obvious.

Omo! Now I remembered something. I’ve seen him before. That day, when I made sure she was home safely. He was with her. He was the guy I saw her with.

But he said . . .

I looked at him, clenching my fist, my jaws set. “You’re living with her, but you haven’t slept with her yet, have you?” I asked him.

He just shrugged. Then he pushed me off. “I have to go,” he said.

“No way,” I said as I held him back.

He turned toward me and I grabbed his wrist. He looked at me before I closed my eyes. When I opened them again, we were on the air. I had teleported the two of us up into the night sky.

He started as he began to fall down from the sky. I just smiled was about to leave him falling (it won’t kill him, don’t worry) when I felt I was being pushed back and I felt my back against the building’s wall.

“Oof!” I groaned in pain and expected to fall but I didn’t. When I looked at him, his left hand was out toward me and his right hand was facing downward.

It was a good thing it was in the night so no one would see that there were two humans hanging in the air.

He can’t have the power to fly because then he wouldn’t be able to hold me up against the building. My eyes landed on his hand that was reached out toward me and my eyes went wide as I realized just what his power was. “You have telekinesis!”

“And you” — Lu Han pulled his left hand back and I were moved forward abruptly — “have the power of teleportation.” He pushed the force back and I was slammed back against the building.

Before I had time to react, I was falling down the building and he was gone.

Cursing, I realized he had gone to Eun Hae. He may not have the power of teleportation since I have it, but he could appear to wherever she is. Luckily for me, I have both the power of teleportation and I could appear wherever she was by just imaging her face.

I closed my eyes, imagined her face, and I stood in front of Eun Hae — with Lu Han standing right beside her.

Damn, so he had got to her first before I could.

I looked around. We were at a rooftop somewhere. Apparently, Lu Han didn’t look as though he was surprised. Must he have been here before with Eun Hae?

Damn, they are a lot closer than I’d give them credit for.

“Leave me alone!” Eun Hae was yelling. She looked at me. “Please,” she added with tears streaming down her face. She was scared. Of him. Of who we were.

“Eun Hae,” Lu Han said softly.

“Please . . .”

He let go of her. “I can explain,” he said.

She turned to me. “I want to talk to him alone,” she said quietly, gesturing to me, and I shot him a smirk while he glowered at me.

He sighed reluctantly. “Fine,” he muttered and said something else before he walked out to the door and went down to give us some privacy.

She turned to me. “What are you?”

I shrugged. “You already know that I’m an alien, what else do you want to know about?” I asked her.

“How do you two know each other?” she asked me. “Why didn’t you tell me what you are? And why are you really here? Why are aliens from Exo coming into Earth?”

“How did I know that you knew what I was? I didn’t know you knew him.” I asked back. Oh, great. I’m going to make her feel guilty about it and this was the last thing I wanted to do. I need her to like me so that I can win. I can’t let Lu Han win.

I need to win the Game.

She bit her lip. “Okay, I admit,” she said, “I may have overreacted, but —”

I hugged her. “Look, I’ll be honest. Lu Han hyung and I never got along,” I told her. “And it was shocking to see him here. I had no idea he was here.”

“But you said you’ve never met,” she said.

“I . . .” I was stumped.

She looked at me. “Okay, I won’t ask,” she said, “just like how you didn’t push it when I told you that I knew Yongguk.” She glanced warily at me. “But . . . I want to know . . . why are you guys here?”

I shrugged. “I honestly came here just for a vacation. Apparently, so did he.”

She nodded, buying that lie. “What are your powers?”

“Teleportation,” I told her. I smiled, stepping away. Then I appeared behind her. I tapped her on the shoulder and she whirled around to see me. “Hello.”

She smiled, looking surprised. “Uh —” She looked down. “Kai Oppa, I’m sort of tired,” she said. She yawned.

I nodded and ruffled her hair playfully. “Do you live with him?”

She sighed. “Yeah,” she muttered. “Idiot, gets on my nerves all them.” She looked back up to me. “But we don’t do anything! We sleep in seperate bedrooms!” she added.

I nodded. “I know, he told me,” I replied. I paused. I had to know how far off I am with her from him. “Do you like him or something??”

She seemed stunned to be asked this question and she hesitated before she finally answered. She took a deep breath and said softly, “I don’t know . . . maybe.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, they finally met. (: Who do you think will win? Just because Lulu got a head start doesn't mean he will win for sure :P keke~ I was going to be mean and not update until Monday. Buuttt I decided to be nice and let you guys know what happens next ~ :P