Challenge Accepted

The Heartbreaker's Game

Kris saw Lu Han staring at the image of Kai kissing Eun Hae. He knew that Lu Han was feeling angry about it. After all, Lu Han had worked hard to get to her heart and now this . . . thing . . . comes up and takes her away? No way. He clenched his fist.

“Wow, he’s an !” XiuMin remarked. “Taking Lu Han’s girl like that!”

“Well, they do share the same girl,” Chen pointed out reasonably.

“But Lu Han got to her first!” Tao argued.

“Lu Han,” Kris spoke up and Lu Han turned to him. “I know you want to go and take her back, but I need to tell you a little bit about her background.”

His gaze was hard. “What is it?” he asked. He wanted to know. He needed to know whatever there is to know about her and hopefully Kai knows nothing either.

“Let’s start with her parents.”

 

Kai’s POV

Her lips were soft and gentle. I grazed on her lips for a while, nibbling on it for a bit. When I pulled back, she stirred but she didn’t wake up. I looked at her as she slept. She was cute. I smiled, leaning forward, and kissed her nose. She reached up to scratch her nose, her eyebrows creasing. I used two fingers to poke her brows and her facial expression relaxed. I smiled. “There, you look so much prettier,” I said even though she couldn’t hear me.

“Mmm . . .” she mumbled in her sleep. “Don’t go . . . please. . . .”

I frowned. Was she dreaming about her parents?

Lu Han . . .

I scoffed.

Seriously?

She’s dreaming about Lu Han even though I just kissed her? Surely she would have felt that in her dream? Why must she dream of him and not me?

I lied back down on the mat, looking up to the sky, and I began thinking. How am I going to get her heart away from Lu Han? I need to be creative enough to lure her into my trap and make her fall for me instead.

An hour later, Eun Hae woke up. She blinked, confused, as though she was wondering where she was. But then she remembered and looked up shyly to me. She smiled sheepishly. “Hi,” she said. “I fell asleep, didn’t I?”

I nodded, smiling.

“Sorry.”

I shook my head. “Don’t apologize; you did nothing wrong. You were tired, so of course you’ll fall asleep.” I smiled, her hair. “What did you dream about?”

She frowned. She turned to me. “Can you control dreams?”

I blinked in surprised. “Uh, no. I can teleport, remember?”

“Don’t you have any other powers or something? Like, besides teleportation and other than being able to teleport to me if you think about my face.”

I shrugged. “Well, I guess I make things appear in front of me if I want to.”

She looked curiously at me.

I closed my eyes. Hmmm, I’m feeling rather hungry. So I imagined a burger. I heard Eun Hae gasping. When I opened my eyes, I saw a burger right in front of me. I smiled and looked at her.

“That’s what I meant.” I frowned. “Why did you ask?”

She blushed. “Uh, well . . . it’s just that Lu Han can control dreams.” She scowled. “Last time he controlled my dreams, we were sleeping together.” She shook her head and it was my turn to scowl. “And then jut now . . . well, I was wondering . . .”

“Wondering what?”

She shrugged. “I dreamt that Lu Han kissed me in my dreams,” she confessed.

This is ed up! I kissed you, you idiot! Not him!

“Erm, Eun Hae, I don’t think —” I tried to say.

She wasn’t listening. She looked up to the sky. “I wonder what Lu Han is doing right now,” she mused with a thoughtful smile on her face.

I frowned, scowling. She’s thinking of him even though she’s with another man? What did Lu Han do, exactly, to make her fall for him? This isn’t good. So I leaned forward and stared into her brown orbs. My gaze shifted down to her lips. She stopped when she saw how close our faces were and gulped. I leaned forward a little bit more and pressed my lips against hers.

She gasped and pulled back, stunned. She was speechless and didn’t know what to say. When she finally found her voice, she said, “Kai Oppa . . .”

I could sense rejection in her voice.

So I quickly said, “You know . . . Lu Han isn’t who you think you are,” I said and she paused, looking confused. “He’s just playing with you. He’s always like that, even in Exo.”

“But you’ve never met him,” she pointed out.

I shrugged. “True, but I’ve heard of him before. They were all like ‘Lu Han, the boy with telekinesis . . . don’t trust him. He collects hearts and breaks them like a hobby.’ Of course I didn’t know how he looked like until I met him. But the rumours are true. Even he admitted it to me yesterday.” I knew it was wrong of me to lie to her, but I was desperate. I really need to get her to fall for me instead. “Eun Hae, you seriously didn’t think that he would really like you like that?” I went on and she looked down. Does she believe me?

“Kai Oppa . . . I’m sorry if I’m being rude but I can honestly say I know him better than you,” she said boldly. “I’ve known him longer too. After all, you’ve never met him until last night and all that you’ve heard about him were rumours. What’s to say that they were true? Have you even caught him in an act before?”

“I . . .” I was speechless.

“Besides, Lu Han can be a jerk,” she went on, “but there are times when he’s not such a jerk. I know he’s sincere. I know he cares. He’s the type of person who tries to give off that cool, aloof demeanour but really, he’s just a softie. I’ve been with worse. Remember Yongguk and Himchan?” She shrugged.

I tried a different method, since I was obviously failing with this way. Damn. “Are you sure that he’ll even come back?” I asked.

“Yes,” she replied with full confidence in her voice.

I stared at her. “You’ve fallen for him.”

She blushed. “Don’t be stupid.”

“Look me in the eyes and honestly tell me you don’t have any feelings for him,” I challenged her, knowing that I’m right, with a disappointed heart.

“I don’t have any feelings for him.”

“You didn’t look into my eyes. In fact, you looked everywhere but my face,” I said bluntly.

She scowled. “I may have some feelings for him but that doesn’t mean that I’m in love with him,” she muttered, fiddling with her fingers.

“But you’re close to that,” I whispered, leaning forward.

I saw the tip of her ears turning red as she blushed furiously. She shook her head, her hands holding it. “Kyaaahh!” she burst out.

I burst out laughing and ruffled her hair playfully. “Anyone ever told you how cute you are when you’re frustrated?” I .

She was about to protest when her phone buzzed. She looked flustered as she answered her phone. “Yeobosaeyo? . . . Neh? . . . Oh, arraso. We’ll be there soon.” She hung up and turned to me. She sighed. “Er, boss said that he needs us now.”

“Wasn’t he the same boss who practically kicked us out because business was slow?”

“Well, yeah.” She shrugged. “Suddenly there were a lot of customers and not enough staff to take care of the cafe. I guess we can forget about enjoying the whole day without worrying and stressing out about work, like what boss said we could do.”

I sighed. I didn’t really like the job. I only took it because the boss was friendly and it was a great pay.

Reluctantly, I nodded and the two of us began packing the stuff away back into the basket. I looked at her. “What are we going to do about this?” I asked her.

She thought about it for a moment. “We’ll put it in my house first,” she decided, packing the last of things. Then she stood up and wiped the dust off her hands and smiled, taking the basket into her hands. I folded the mat and handed it to her. She put it on top of the basket, under the handle.

“Let’s go!” She started to walk toward the door.

I caught her back. “It’ll be so much faster if we just teleport to your house, right?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“Oh, yeah,” Eun Hae said sheepishly and turned her body back to me. She took my hand and closed her eyes.

I shook my head, closing my eyes as well. When I opened my eyes, we were standing outside her door. She opened the door and we walked in. She set the basket on the kitchen table before we walked out again. She looked at me as she locked the door.

“Why don’t we walk today?” she asked. “You know, instead of teleporting?”

I titled my head in confusion. “Wae?”

Eun Hae shrugged, stuffing her keys into her pocket. “It’s healthy and I like taking long walks,” she replied.

“But teleporting will get us to work so much faster,” I argued. “Don’t you want to earn a little bit more money?”

“Money can’t buy happiness, can it? I mean, sure, it pays for your bill and food, but so?”

I looked at her. For a girl who doesn’t have much, she really doesn’t seem to think that money is a big necessity. “Don’t tell me you’re the type of girl who believes that love is more necessary than money.”

She looked at me. “Don’t you?”

I just looked at her and held my hand out.

She shook her head. “No, thanks. Fine, I’ll walk. You can teleport there, if you’re too lazy. See you!” She turned to walk to the lift. Wow, she’s really going to walk there.

“I’ll walk too.” When she opened to protest, I covered , muffling whatever her voice. “What if something happened to you and I’m not there to rescue you?”

She whacked my hands away, glaring at me. “I can take care of myself,” she replied evenly. “I’ve been doing this for a long time.”

“What if those idiots come back?”

“Yongguk’s already got his revenge. Why else would he still want to bother me?” Eun Hae asked, turning back to walk to the lift again.

I followed her, narrowing my eyes at her. “Do you honestly, really believe that?” I asked her in a quiet voice.

She shrugged and pressed the lift button. “Well, if I don’t turn up, then you would know that they’ve got me,” she replied.

I grabbed her by the wrist and spun her around to face me. “By then it’ll be too late because who knows what would have happened to you, Eun Hae,” I snapped.

“Oh, I don’t think you two have anything to worry about if she walks,” someone else said and we looked up. “Not when I’m here to look after her.”

“Lu Han!” Eun Hae’s face immediately lit up at the sight of him and I cringed, seeing that. I watched as she shook my hand off and ran to him, throwing her arms around him.

“Hey, you. Did you miss me?” Lu Han looked up to me and smirked, knowing that I hated the fact that she chose him over me.

Never mind. In time, she will be mine. She will come to me and be my girl. I’m not going to lose hope just because she chose him over me. No way.

Kim Jongin does not give in too easily.

I looked up to see Lu Han glaring at me over her head. I knew that glare ran deeper than his displeasure to see that I was with her. He had seen the kiss.

I chuckled, shaking my head. I looked up to see Lu Han glancing down to Eun Hae. He cupped her face and kissed her, long and deep, on the lips. A scowl came upon my face and I rolled my eyes.

How can Eun Hae just let him kiss her like that?! I had to secretly kiss her and she still thought it was Lu Han who kissed her. Where is the justice?

When they finally pulled apart, Lu Han had this twinkle of mischief in his eyes and as Eun Hae jabbered away, he smirked at me. He’s challenging me. Oh, it’s going to be tough, all right, with Eun Hae already falling for him but . . .

Challenge accepted.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hahaha. Eun Hae prefers Lu Han. Pity Kai.