And The Girl Is . . .

The Heartbreaker's Game

Up in Planet Exo, Kris looked up and saw a red light blinking.

Well, finally, he thought, closing the magazine he was reading in his bed. He tucked the book under his pillow and got out of bed, slipping on a light blue collared T-shirt over his plain white tee.

He smirked before heading out of the room. XiuMin was sitting outside in the living room looking depressed because there were no buns left. Lay tried cheering him up by bringing a flower back to life while outside in the balcony Chen was playing with lightning. Tao was sleeping in the lazy chair.

“I’m off to meet with the leader of Exo-K,” he announced.

Everyone looked up. Well, everyone except for Tao. Chen came in and kicked him up. Tao only fell off the chair and continued snoring on the floor. The others all shook their heads in dismay.

“Exo-K’s representative just found his girl?” Lay presumed.

Kris nodded.

In every Game, when both the representatives had found their girl, Kris and Suho are to meet up and tell each other the name of the girl they had chosen for their representatives so then they can start comparing and be able to know the opponent’s girl’s identity and what she is like. Then they can warn their own representatives about it and give them advice on how to get their girl faster.

It was cheating, but it was because the leaders were curious to know who the girl was. That way they can compare and also choose carefully for the next Game, knowing exactly just what sort of ideal girl their representatives were interested in with and such. But they can only know when both representatives had found their girl.

If one won before the other finds his, it counts as a point.

After all, this doesn’t change any rules. The leaders were just merely curious. Why they weren’t allowed to know until then is because at first when the Games first started, they would tell their representative their opponent’s girl so the representatives would, instead, go search for the opponent’s girl instead of their own girl, which was why they had now made it a rule between the leaders.

How would they know when both representatives had found their girl? By the blinking of the red light.

They needed to sleep so they couldn’t keep an eye on their representatives always so instead they had minions, who were actually robots, to do the job for them. The minions in the lab keep an eye on the Games, one side for Exo-M and the other for Exo-K. When they see that both had found their representatives, they would set the alarm, thus making the light go red. The minions also keep the data, including a backup file, of every Game and are in charge of the computer if anything ever happens to it.

If the computer breaks down, they make a new computer and install the backup files into the system so that no documents would be lost.

They designed it to be able to store up many memories and would never fail. It is only the things they invent that fails, but only temporarily as they were little whizzes with the highest IQ level.

In other terms, the robots were nerds.

When Kris went inside the Hall, Suho looked from the chairs he’d been sitting on for the past ten minutes, waiting for his arrival. He stood up and they rolled their eyes at each other as they made their way over to the computer and three little minions scattered away, giving them space to talk.

It was time to boast.

“Lu Han found his girl on the second day,” Kris bragged.

Suho just smirked. “I heard. You must be pretty confident.”

“Of course I am,” he replied.

“Don’t you know what they say? Pride comes before a fall,” he went on.

Kris just rolled his eyes. “You’re just jealous. Anyway, I believe that Lu Han will win this year. He’s already got the girl falling for him. I’m one step ahead of you.”

Suho couldn’t say anything since Kai just found his girl. So he just kept quiet, scowling at him, while shouting curses in his head. “Anyway,” he said, cutting through Kris as he continued to brag, “I think it’s a high time you tell me who the girl you picked for Lu Han is. I don’t care what else you have to say.”

“Sure, sure, whatever you say,” Kris replied, knowing that Suho hates it whenever he said that. He shrugged at him.

“On a count of three,” Suho suggested, ignoring that snide remark.

“One,” Kris said.

“Two,” he followed.

“Three!” three little minions standing around chimed in.

“The name of the girl I chose for my representative is Jung Eun Hae,” Kris and Suho exclaimed in perfect unison that it sounded as though it was only one person speaking.

They exchanged glances. Did they hear right?

“Did I just hear you say Jung Eun Hae?” Kris asked in disbelief.

“Yeah . . . you?”

“That’s the name of the girl I picked Kai!” Suho protested.

Kris frowned. “Well, same here.”

Aghast, they turned to the minions.

Minion 58 coughed. “Well, er — you two did pick the same girl.”

“And you never told us about it?” Kris asked, narrowing his eyes. He tried to calm down but anger was building up inside of him. He threw Suho a scathing look as if it was his fault.

It shrugged. “When the girl is chosen, and the Game has been set, you cannot change the girl,” it told them.

“When we were choosing the girls, why didn’t you say anything?” Suho nearly shouted. He was really mad.

It shrank back in height. “Technically, Sir,” it mumbled, “we are not allowed to see anything during the time of the Game setting. We are only allowed to see once the Game started.”

“We’ve never chosen the same girl before,” Suho said, shaking his head.

Kris was amazed. “So many girls to choose from yet we both ended up choosing the same girl,” he said, amazed.

Suho turned to him. “Well you know what this means, don’t you?”

He frowned. “What?”

Suho walked over to the computer and turned to back to him. “You have to change the girl,” he said. He opened the document and opened the file where Kris had saved his data. He gestured over to it. “Go ahead. Change her now.”

“Me?” Kris said in disbelief, pointing at himself with one finger. “Why me? I chose the girl first. And besides, no way. Lu Han is already there half-way there. He knows that she is his girl. It wouldn’t be fair if we change his girl now.”

“Yes, it is fair. Kai just found her. So we can replace Lu Han’s choice. We can even send her over to him today, now, if you think that is is unfair.”

“No,” Kris said stubbornly. “You’re so persistent, you change.”

“Then it wouldn’t be fair to Kai!” Suho protested. “Lu Han has an advantage like that! He had a head start.”

“Well, that’s not his fault that Kai was stupid to go fooling about, flirting with girls and watching movies, right?” Now Kris was starting to heat up.

Minion 58 looked back and forth between both leaders. They were livid. Minion 63 and Minion 75 came to watch the ‘show’ with a cup of oil (in replacement of popcorn, because you know, robot food and why the not?). They thought it was rather interesting to watch.

“My bet is that Kris-sshi will land the first punch first,” Minion 58 muttered to it fellow robot friends.

Minion 63 nodded. “No doubt,” it agreed.

“No way,” Minion 75 shook its head. “Suho-sshi looks really angry. He may be quiet and soft, but when he blows, he blows.”

Minion 58 shrugged, taking a gulp of its drink. “My bet remains.”

Minion 63 studied the two leaders, who were oblivious to what the three minions were doing. “Give me five more minutes to decide,” he said.

Suho glowered at Kris. “This is your fault!” he was saying.

“How so?!”

“You told me to change the girl!”

Kris clenched his fist. “Well . . .

“Woo, I can feel electricity in my wires inside of my metal body that I’m going to win!” Minion 58 cheered.

Minion 75 shoved him, making him clash on the floor with a loud clunking sound. “Whoops,” he said evilly. “I guess I don’t know my own strength.”

“You’ll pay for that!” Minion 58 declared, whacking his head with the can. He tackled Minion 75 and they began scuffling behind.

Minion 63 wasn’t paying attention to his friends as he watched intently at the human beings. Who should he bet on?

“I’ll show you what happens if you mess with me. Take that, you stupid robot! Take it! Die die die!” Minion 75 said, poking Minion 58’s glass eyes.

“!” Minion 58 cried and began swearing in all languages. “What stupid? I’m smarter than you are, or have you forgotten?! You stupid robot, you should be deactivated.”

“Just because your number is higher than mine!”

“It has everything to do with that — ow! Did you just step on my foot?”

“What foot?”

“You bloody —!”

“Guys! Suho raised his fist!” Minion 63 gasped.

They stopped and turned to look eagerly, hoping they had won the bet, but instead they found Suho and Kris in the midst of their argument — without any fistfights.

Minion 58 and Minion 75 turned to glare at Minion 63 who just shrugged. “Sorry, I could not stand your shouting anymore.”

Just then the door burst opened and Minion 1, the smartest minion among a thousand of minions, entered the Hall. The three minions froze. They respected Minion 1 and he can be quite scary if he wants to be to the minions, just because he was smarter.

“If I may interrupt your argument,” it said politely to the two leaders who stopped.

“What is it, Minion 1?” Kris asked impatiently.

It bowed. “Well, I was thinking, instead or arguing whose fault it is and arguing over who should change the girl, why don’t we leave it as it is, since they both found her and they both know that she is the girl for them.”

“But that means that this will defy the rule of them meeting up,” Kris said, frowning. “There is no way we can hold the Game without having them meet each other. You know they can’t do that.”

Suho shook his head. “If not, we have to cancel this Game and set everything again,” he chimed in.

But Minion 1 shook its head. “You can’t hide them from each other forever. This building is may be big, but it’s not big enough for Exo-K and Exo-M to not want to explore. They will have to meet each other eventually. Why not now? Beside, this way, it’ll be so much easier to keep an eye on the game if they play with the same girl and it will make the Game more interesting. The representatives will have their eyes on the same prize, thus making them more competitive. They would bound to be more creative in getting the girl and breaking her heart first. Plus, don’t you think messing with the girl’s heart by having two guys after her would be more appealing?”

The two leaders nodded. “That seems fair,” Suho agreed while Kris sighed. “Minion 1 has a point.”

Minion 1 looked proud of itself. “And that is why I’m Number 1,” it boasted, making Minion 58, 63 and 75 rolled their eyes behind Minion 1’s back. “Then it’s settled.” It bowed again before exiting the room while the other minions resumed their posts.

Suho and Kris glared at each other, having nothing to say. They turned around and walked back to their quarters. Suho shook his head, not believing his luck, when he felt the watch buzzed. Kai was calling him. Oh right. He had forgotten that Kai thought Daeseul was his girl. He sighed heavily, wondering what he could say as he picked up.

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Hyung, what the hell?” Kai sounded furious.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh oh >.<

Don't you think the minions are cute? xDD imagine Despicable Me babeh~ <3