Two Sides of the Story

The Heartbreaker's Game

Lu Han’s POV

When I woke up, everything was quiet.

I felt that someone was my cheek and running their fingers through my hair. I looked up to find Eun Hae smiling gently down at me. I smiled back up at her and sat up. She smiled warmly. Suddenly my stomach gave a low rumble, interrupting the moment.

She laughed. “Are you hungry?”

I nodded sheepishly. “Yeah, sorry. I didn’t eat much for dinner.”

“We’ve ran out of food,” she said, frowning thoughtfully. “I guess I could run to the cafe and get something for you to eat.” She got on her feet and grabbed her purse from the coffee table. “I’ll be right back.”

I stood up as well. “I’ll come too.”

She shook her head. “There’s no need,” she replied. “You’re unwell. You need to rest. I’ll be back before you know it.” She hugged me gently before she walked out of the door. “Bye!”

I could only watch her. “Achoo!”

 

Kai’s POV

I stared at Daeseul in shock. Eun Hae is taking care of Lu Han, which was why she wasn’t in work today. That actually says a lot, if she takes work off to take care of him, knowing that she needed the money.

This means I’m losing.

Aish, this can’t do. Suho will have my head if he finds out!

I shot a quick glance at D.O, who was invisible, and I knew he was thinking the same thing I was thinking. He shook his head slightly. I wasn’t sure what he meant by that and made a mental note to ask him that later.

“Anyway, a cup of coffee, please,” she went on.

I nodded and punched her order into the cashier. She paid for the drink and I went to get her drink.

My mind was spinning. Daeseul likes me, and I’ll be honest: I’m attracted to her. If Eun Hae says yes to Lu Han, I might as well give up because she really likes him. So why don’t I get with Daeseul instead? I looked at D.O, who was giving me a stern look. I swear, I knew exactly what he was thinking just by staring at me.

You’re supposed to be ‘interested’ with Eun Hae, not her best friend! That is your mission and your mission only!

But that doesn’t mean I can’t have my fun, especially now that I’m practically losing. I mean, this is Lu Han we’re talking about! I heard that he was the one who never failed in a Game. I don’t stand a chance with Eun Hae, not with him in the picture! In fact, I never even stood a chance with her to begin with.

What use would it be if I try now when I would only fall even flatter on my face?

I looked over my shoulder to where Daeseul was drumming her fingers while waiting for her drink. She used to smile and laughed with me but I noticed that she had been avoiding me as well during this whole week. Eun Hae must have told her about me asking her best friend to be my girlfriend.

I thought about it and I felt bad.

Maybe I should ask her if she wanted to go to the dance with me. I mean, after all, she told me that anyone, not just students from her school, can go. And I have a feeling that Lu Han will ask Eun Hae to the dance.

So why not?

I took a deep breath and brought her drink back to her. She smiled thanks and took hold of her cup. “Say —”

Ding!

I looked up to see who had just entered the cafe. I blinked when I saw Daehyun, Jongup, Youngjae and Zelo. I frowned. I felt this bad taste at the tip of my tongue whenever I see them. I craned my neck to see if the two older ones were coming in but no one else came in. Huh, I guess they came themselves.

I watched as they argued over who should come up and order since at night, there are no waiters because the cafe was more popular during the day. They were also arguing over who should pay for the drinks.

“Kai Oppa?”

I turned my attention back to Daeseul. She was looking expectantly at me as though she had something to say.

“Had Eun Hae given you an answer yet?” she asked.

So Eun Hae did tell her.

“Listen, Daeseul, I’m really sorry,” I started.

She waved a hand dismissively and smiled. “Hey, it’s okay,” she replied. “Besides, I did try to set you two up together, right?”

Oh yeah.

“But still . . . I hope you and I can still be friends,” I told her and she nodded. “And, no. She hasn’t. She’s been avoiding me all week. Besides, I think she’s got a crush on Lu Han, anyway.”

She sighed. “Aish, that girl,” I heard her muttering under her breath. “I told that girl to just say yes already.”

But I thought Daeseul likes me? So why is she asking Eun Hae to say yes? Wouldn’t she want her to say no?

Aish, darn my stupid radar ear. I hate it when I pick up things I don’t want to know about.

Daehyun started to walk up to us to order. It looked like he lost because he didn’t look too happy about coming toward us.

“She may like Lu Han,” Daeseul was saying, “but I know she likes you too. So I think that you still have a chance with her. I mean, she told me that she was never sure about what Lu Han felt toward her, but at least you are sure.”

Yeah, I’m sure it’s not her I want to be with, I thought glumly as I waited for Daehyun to arrive so I can punch in his orders already. I do not want to spend more than one minute with B.A.P after hearing what they had done to her. That was just wrong and they were evil and mean.

“Eun Hae doesn’t like people who mess with her heart,” Daeseul continued, her voice getting a bit louder. She shot a look at Daehyun who had reached us and I knew that she was talking about him.

He winced, knowing that was meant for him. He cleared his throat and turned to me. “Uh, two hot chocolate and two coffees please,” he ordered awkwardly. He fumbled with his wallet to pay for the drinks.

Daeseul rolled her eyes behind his back, taking a sip of her coffee, and I just shrugged a helpless shrug as I went to get the drinks. I tapped my fingers impatiently on the machine. I shot a look at D.O who rolled his eyes. His second power was the ability to make things go faster.

The coffee and hot chocolate came out within seconds and I soon put them on a tray, bringing it back to Daehyun. I took his bill and gave him back his change. He muttered a “thank you” before he carried the tray back to the table.

“Thank you, hyung!” the three of them said.

Daehyun just sighed as he sat down next to Youngjae and silently took a sip of his coffee. He looked a bit miserable. I wonder why.

“I should go,” Daeseul said. “I mean, I’ve got a report to write. That’s why I came over here to get coffee.”

I nodded. “Walk home safely!”

She nodded and walked out. I watched her as she turned to her right and walked out of sight from the cafe. I sighed and slumped against the counter. The night was slow. The only customers I have here were the boys. I glanced over at D.O who sighed again and he walked out of the cafe. He walked in again and I knew that he was visible, purposely making it look like he was a customer so that I wouldn’t look like an idiot. I grinned.

I have such nice friends.

He came up to me and pointed to the coffee and wordlessly whipped his wallet out. “You so owe me,” he muttered as he paid for the drink.

I beamed at him. “Did I ever tell you how much I love you, hyung?”

“Go away, gayfart,” he muttered. “Like I said, you owe me.”

Ding!

He looked appalled. “I wasted my money for nothing!”

“Not true,” I replied, my back turned since I was trying to get his drink. “I’m paying, remember?”

Why are the B.A.P boys suddenly so quiet?

I turned to hand D.O his drink but nearly dropped it when I saw Eun Hae standing in front of me, next to him. I quickly pushed the drink into his hand and motioned him to go.

“Oh, sure, and this is the thanks I get, being shoved aside when I helped him with his cafe,” he muttered as he went to sit by himself in a boot. “And I look like an idiot sitting by myself.”

Eun Hae smiled tentatively at me. I was aware that B.A.P was staring at us. “Hi.”.

“Hi,” she replied. “Could you ready a hot dog and a cup of coffee for me? And I don’t suppose you can have it to-go?” So she’s not planning to stay.

I nodded. I looked at D.O. When I went to get the food and drink ready for her, her order came really fast, all thanks to him. I smiled gratefully at him and he sighed, sipping his cup of coffee. He scowled at me and tapped on his watch, asking me to hurry up. I gave Eun Hae her order and she paid me the money.

“Eun Hae —”

“Kai Oppa —”

We looked at each other.

“You first,” I told her. I was curious about what she wanted to say to me.

“I’m sorry for avoiding you all week,” she confessed. “But the thing is . . .” She paused, hesitating.

“You’re going to say no because you like Lu Han a lot more than me, and also because you don’t want to hurt Daeseul,” I finished for her before she even had a chance to finish.

She seemed surprised but nodded. “I’m sorry.” She gave me an odd look. “I don’t get it, though. I mean, I thought you liked Daeseul.”

I shrugged. “I don’t.”

“Lies.”

I laughed and looked at her. “You really like Lu Han?” When she nodded, I sighed. “Yeah, I really like Daeseul. The only reason why I asked you was because I wanted to see how she would react.”

She sighed and shook her head. “Pabo, she likes you!” she exclaimed. She gave me a sly smile. “You should ask her to the dance.”

I scratched my head and frowned, thinking about it. “Maybe.” I walked out of the counter to give her a hug. “Friends?”

“Of course,” she replied, hugging me back.

 

Daeseul’s POV

I was half-way home when I realized that I should sum up the courage and at least tell Kai how I felt. So I quickly turned and sped-walk to the cafe. I was about to enter when I paused at the glass window.

Eun Hae and Kai were hugging. They looked happy.

Does this mean that she accepted him?

I know I should feel happy and that I shouldn’t care since I told her to accept him . . . but why does it hurt so much?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoa, guys. When I mean sequel, I mean it will continue from this fic, not that I'm going to make an entirely different game. Sorry :/

Anyway, hehehehe. I've already got an idea where to stop. Hopefully I can finish this by tomorrow so expect a lot of updates until it's complete! :P