Kisses and Coffee

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

After lunch Lu Han paid for our lunch (even though I tried to protest but he was simply persistent) then he drove me home — which would be where he would be staying for the next couple of days).

I wonder, where could he sleep?

Well, obviously, he’d be sleeping in the guest room but I hope that the guest room is clean. I’m not sure if I’d tidied it up.

I glanced to him from the passenger’s seat. He was concentrating hard on the road. I can’t help but admire his features. He was handsome, although I’ll never say it to his face. His head will just grow bigger.

But, he chose that perfect moment to turn his head and catch me staring him. I quickly looked away but not before I saw the smirk on his face. “I know I’m good-looking and you can’t wait to jump into my pants but it’s getting kind of creepy when you stare at me like that,” he said.

I scowled. “I was actually wondering if you had landed face-first every time your mother dropped you when you were a baby,” I shot back, rolling my eyes.

“Touché,” he remarked with a smile. “Lighten up, will you? That way, you’ll enjoy life and have fun.”

I ignored him. “Turn here,” I told Lu Han and he turned into the corner. I directed him to the apartment building and he parked his car at the parking lot.

As he got out, he eyed the rundown building. “Wow . . . you live here?”

I shot him a look. “If you don’t like it, you’re welcomed to leave,” I retorted.

He held his hands up in defense. “I was merely asking.”

I rolled my eyes and walked into the apartment building. He followed suit. Inside the elevator, things were kind of awkward. I refused to meet his eyes and he kept glancing everywhere, right and left. I didn’t know what he was thinking, nor do I want to. Finally when we reached my house, he looked around the kitchen and the living room that was in view. I waited for judgment to come but instead he smirked.

“Three rooms,” he said, “which means one is your bathroom, one if your parents’ room and the other is your room, right?”

I shook my head. I pointed to the door on my left. “Actually, that’s the guest room and it’s where you’ll be staying for now,” I told him as I started my way to the kitchen. “Are you thirsty? Do you want anything to drink?” I may not find him amusing but I do know how to be hospital.

He raised an eyebrow. “Where are your parents? Where do they sleep?”

I froze. Oh crap. I’ve forgotten about that.

“It’s none of your business,” I snapped defensively and began walking toward the kitchen. But some strange force made me turn around and I felt I was being drifted backward. I was turned to Lu Han and I saw that he had his hands out, palms upright, as though he was pulling me toward him. I gasped, frantically trying to gather my thoughts straight. How is this possible?

“What the hell —?”

I stopped in front of him and he grasped my wrists. I tried to struggle but he was too strong. I looked up and found myself staring into those brown eyes — that were filled with concern. Gone were the arrogance and cockiness, replaced with concern and worried look in those orbs.

“Do they not live with you?” he murmured softly.

“How did you do it?”

“Do what?” he asked, blinking innocently.

I scowled. Did he seriously think I didn’t realize? Or that I was stupid? “How did you managed to get me to come to you?” I asked. “I was heading toward the kitchen and then suddenly I was pulled toward you!”

He shook his head. “Silly Eun Hae,” he remarked, laughing a little and ruffled my hair playfully. “You turned back and walked to me.”

“That was so not how it happened,” I shot back.

Lu Han just shrugged, a poker expression on his face. “How on earth would I be able to do that? Did you honestly believe that I had the ability to make you come to me? Seriously?” he said, a smirk playing on his lips.

I frowned. “I — I don’t know. It just happened.” I began questioning my sanity. Am I going crazy? No way could that have happened, right? Me, drifting toward Lu Han because of some weird force he’d summoned? I shook my head.

That’s so ridiculous.

But yet . . . I know I was heading toward the kitchen with no intention of going to Lu Han and I know that I — weird as it may sound — drifted toward him. His hands were held out, for goodness’ sake!

I shook my head.

I am crazy.

“You haven’t answered my question yet, you know,” Lu Han said, cutting through my thoughts and bringing me back to reality.

“What question?” I asked stupidly. I looked down and realized that he was still holding onto my wrists. My heart raced a little faster and I could’ve sworn that he smirked. Aish, why am I thinking like this?

He raised an eyebrow. “Your parents,” he said slowly as though I was some retard.

“What about them?” I asked back, trying to prolong the question so I wouldn’t have to answer him. I do not want to tell him.

“Where do they live? Do they live with you?”

“That’s two questions,” I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes. “Humour me and answer them, then,” he snapped, getting a little testy.

“I don’t randomly give out information about me to strangers,” I replied stubbornly. I was not going to give in to those puppy eyes again. No matter how cute he is.

He sighed exasperated. “I thought we’ve been through this before! We’re not strangers! You know my name, I know yours, I treat you to lunch, we kissed, I found your bag, and now we’re living together. It’s only right that I should know why your parents don’t live with you or if they’re even living with you!”

I hesitated.

“Eun Hae,” he said urgently. “Tell me.”

I looked down and shook my heads. “No, they don’t,” I replied.

He frowned, looking at me weirdly. “Why?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know,” I replied even though I was lying.

Lu Han didn’t believe it. “Tell me honestly.”

“Why do you care?” I snapped.

His frowned deepened as he studied my face for a bit. “I don’t know,” he finally said. “But it’s not right for them to leave you alone.” His facial expression softened, which I thought made him look even more handsome. That was, until he spoke up. “You must be so lonely by yourself.”

“I’ve got friends,” I retorted.

But he shook his head sadly and drew me close. “I mean, when you come home from school, late in the night and such,” he replied, placing a hand on my waist while the other remained around my wrist.

Tears stung my eyes because he had hit the spot but I couldn’t wipe them away since he was still holding my hands. He saw the tears and his eyes went wide with alarm. He quickly dropped my hands.

Just as I was about to step away, his hands reached up to my face, cupping them. Then, with his thumbs, he gently wiped my tears away. “Are you okay?” he asked worriedly.

I softened. I guess he could be nice and kind when he wants to be, I thought as he kept asking me questions of whether I was all right or not. I smiled gently and shook my head. “I’m okay,” I replied. I sighed. I guess it couldn’t hurt to tell him. “And, no, my parents don’t live here.” I sighed again, this time as though he was stupid. “I told you already, they’re overseas. So of course they’re not living here for now.” I smirked.

He raised his eyebrows.

“Eun Hae,” he said seriously.

My shoulders slouched. “My parents want me to be independent so they bought me this apartment and told me to take care of myself,” I grumbled.

“Oh.” He nodded. “That makes sense,” he said. He then wandered over to the living room and sat on the sofa, stretching. “Ah, could you get me a drink, please?” he asked, turning to me with hopeful eyes as he put his legs up on the coffee table. I went to the kitchen and came back, sitting down next to him. I whacked his legs off and he yelped in pain. “Yah!”

“Legs off the table,” I lectured.

He rolled his eyes. “Yes, Mom.”

I grimaced. “You .”

He turned to me and smiled. I found myself drawing closer to him. My eyes bugged out when I realized our faces were almost touching. I tried to pull back but instead I went forward. I watched in horror as Lu Han closed his eyes.

Our lips touched for the second time.

 

Kai’s POV

I was so bored so I decided to teleport to some rural areas. I ended up in the smaller part of Seoul. As I walked down the streets, I saw a nearby coffee shop. I wandered inside and ordered a cup of coffee for myself to drink. I sat down on a table and began to enjoy this quiet time and my coffee.

Just as I was about to take a sip, suddenly my whole body began tingling with a very odd familiar feeling just as a faint bell tinkled, indicating that someone had stepped inside the shop.

A girl in a school uniform walked up to the counter. “The usual lunch, please,” she said.

I shrugged. “Whatever,” I said to myself as the cashier handed her order. “The weather is getting colder. Maybe that’s why I felt a tingling feeling down my spine.”

The girl got her coffee and looked around, realizing that all the booths were taken up except for mine. So she came over to me. “Excuse me, is it okay if I sit here?” she asked. “All the booths have been taken up.”

I looked up — right into her dazzling eyes and I forgot everything for a moment — but only for a brief second. I shook my head and gestured to the empty seat opposite of me. “Uh, sure, no problem,” I said lamely.

She nodded and sat down. “Thank you.”

I smiled. “You’re welcome,” I replied.

She smiled back and settled down to eat her lunch.

My eyes landed on her school uniform. I looked at the time. It was twelve-fifteen. I turned back to her curiously. “Don’t you have school?”

She looked up and smiled. “Oh, seniors are allowed to go out for lunch as long as they get back to school by twelve forty-five,” she replied. “Me and my friend always come here to eat because it’s so much better than the canteen food, it’s the closest shop from our school and we love hanging out here.”

“Oh.” I nodded. I smiled and extended my hand to her. “I’m Kai,” I introduced myself. “I’m new here.”

She nodded. “I noticed,” she replied, smiling warmly. “I’m Nam Daeseul.”

Nam Daeseul . . . interesting name, I thought, the familiar feeling buzzing inside of me again. I smiled brightly to myself as the two of us began to have a conversation.

I’ve found my girl!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally Kai found his girl! Hahaha! :P

Sorry for the late update. Been busy during the weekends :/