That Alien Jerk Can Be Nice

The Heartbreaker's Game

Lu Han’s POV

I looked up from the book I was reading and looked around. The apartment was empty. Well, Eun Hae was in school but somehow I sensed that something was wrong with her. I don’t know why. I just have this bad feeling at the pit of my stomach. I closed my eyes and imagined Eun Hae’s face in my mind.

When I opened my eyes, I was standing on top of the apartment building. I frowned. Why the hell am I here? I looked around and found a girl sitting at the edge of the building.

What the ? The building was about twenty-four storeys high!

Is Eun Hae about to kill herself?

I held my hand out and ran to her at the same time while using my telekinesis to pull her backward in case she jumped off the building. She cried out in surprise as she was pulled back and was about to land of the ground if I hadn’t been there to catch her in my arms in time.

“Oof!” I grunted as I fell backward with her in my arms.

“L – Lu Han?” she stammered.

I looked at her and I saw the tear-stained cheeks, her red, puffy eyes and her red nose and realized that she had been crying. I grew worried. What happened? Why is she crying? How did she end up here? Why is she here? Doesn’t she have school to go to?Was she trying to kill herself?

No!

If she dies, then the Game is over and Exo-K would win for the sixth time in a row and dui zhang will come after me with a butcher knife for not saving her on time.

My heart was seized with fear as I watched her cry and sob in my arms. She was crying too much to be able to reply so I hugged her and her hair. “Lu Han,” she sobbed again, clutching my shirt into a tight fist.

“What happened?”

“Y – Yongguk,” she managed to choke out.

I froze, feeling confused. Yongguk? I wreck my brains to think of what could possibly be the correct and logical reason to why Yongguk made her cry. I was pretty sure that she didn’t bump into him on her way to school because I had made sure that she was with Daeseul when she got to school and according to what she told me, Yongguk only attacks when he’s sure that she’s alone. And I also know for the fact that Yongguk was suspended from the school so he shouldn’t be in school.

I stared at her. She looked so beautiful, even when she was crying, but that wasn’t even what was on my mind right now. Right now, I was really worried about her. What did the stupid Yongguk do to her? Why is she crying so hard? How dare he mess with her?!

Eun Hae must have felt me staring at her because she looked up. She caught my eye and I felt an electric current run through me. There was such sadness in her eyes as she looked at me and, for a brief moment, I wish I could help her even more. I leaned down and kissed her softly. “Eun Hae, what’s the matter? Why did you try to jump off the building? What did that stupid Yongguk do to you this time?” I gasped. “Did he you?

I am going to murder that ing if he violated her innocence!

She shook her head. “I wasn’t trying to kill myself,” she murmured once she was sure that she was slightly calmed. “I come here and think by myself whenever I was upset,” she explained.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “But you were sitting on the edge of the building, almost as though you were going to fall.”

She shrugged. “It’s pretty safe,” she replied.

I looked at her distraughtly. “Eun Hae, when are you going to tell me what happened?” I asked, my voice filled with worry. “If he didn’t you, then what’s the matter?”

“He got me suspended from school for two weeks,” she wailed.

“How?!”

“Well, a few days before that day at the stadium,” she gulped, sniffling, “he made me get into trouble and I had to serve detention. He offered to watch over me. But as he did, he made me write lines. He made me write, ‘I think Bang Yongguk is y and I want him to me like a beast’ a hundred times.”

I clenched my fist.

That .

I am going to kill him.

“He blackmailed me with it, making me partner up with him during the field trip and such,” she went on. She looked away. “He threatened to show it to Teacher Yong if I refused to do whatever he wanted me to do. And I couldn’t snatch it away from him because he kept it at the crotch and sometimes he would hold it high, trying to make me jump to get it because I’m so short.”

I didn’t want to hear anymore, yet I wanted to at the same time. It was like watching a horror movie where you’re at the scary part and you want to close your eyes but at the same time you were curious to know what was going to happen next. It was like that with Eun Hae telling me about Yongguk.

“Go on,” I encouraged her.

“And then, well, I don’t know why but he told Teacher Yong the truth about him making me late for the bus and he got suspended from school for a week,” she went on. “Then today in the morning, Daehyun, one of his friends, tried to talk to me but I completely ignored him because I had the tendency to ignore people I dislike — especially if they had to do with Yongguk.”

“Uh, huh,” I said to let her know that I was listening to her this whole time. I didn’t want her to stop.

Not right now.

“And then today when I walked inside my classroom, it was empty except for Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun and Teacher Yong. And in Teacher Yong’s hand was that piece of paper,” she concluded.

I gasped, heat of anger boiling up inside of me. I wanted to go to his face and beat the crap out of him. I wanted to kill him for hurting her. How dare he do that?

“Didn’t you try to explain that he made you do it?” I asked her.

She shrugged sadly, wiping the tears away from her eyes. “What could I say? It was his word against mine. Even if I did, he would not believe me because he favours that idiot more than I do. And it was in my own hand-writing, which made it even worse.”

“So you’re suspended for two weeks for writing something like that yet he was suspended only for a week because he made you miss the buss, hence making you find your own source of transportation home?”

She nodded.

“That’s so stupid!” I exclaimed. How unfair can that be, seriously?! “Where is the justice? Why is his mind so ing screwed up? Why does he pick on you, anyway?” I wanted to know.

She shrugged and looked down. She shrugged again but this time it was miserably. “I don’t know. He just started to pick on me one day and has been ever since.”

I pulled her into a tight embrace. I so badly wanted to find him and give him a piece of my mind but Eun Hae needed me more than ever now.

“Hey, I promise that I’ll be her for you,” I told her. “I’ll be here to protect you. And I’ll try to make you enjoy this two weeks of suspension.”

“I don’t want to get suspension!” she burst out.

I looked at her in despair. Eun Hae was crying all over again. It made me feel really terrible so I hugged her even tighter. “I’m sorry,” I whispered, kissing her temple. “I didn’t mean to say that.” I wrecked my brains to think of a way to cheer her up. “If you want, I could sneak inside your classes invisibly and tape the lesson and bring it back home for you to learn so you won’t miss out on anything and won’t have to cram while studying for your finals,” I offered. “I could do that for you if you want.”

She looked at me with an expression I could not read but I knew that it wasn’t bad. “You’d really do that for me?” she asked timidly.

I nodded and cradled her gently in my arms. “Of course I would,” I replied earnestly. “Why not? It’s the least I can do, after you put up with so much of my nonsense. It’s my way of saying thanks.”

She hugged me. “Thanks, Lu Han,” she thanked. “You’re simply the best.”

I smirked. “Obviously.”

She rolled her eyes but she was smiling. “,” she remarked lightly and buried her face in my chest. I felt her body relaxing against me and I smiled.

I her hair gently, nuzzling her a bit as well. “Just give me your schedule tonight and I’ll do my best for the next two weeks,” I told her.

But what about her? What is she going to do?

She looked at me. “I guess that means I’ll just ask my boss if I could spend the day working for the next two weeks,” she said. She beamed. “And that would mean I will get extra pay.”

I shrugged, my question answered. “Yeah, do that,” I replied, nodding in agreement. “I don’t want you to be bored at home, vegetating on the couch.”

Eun Hae raised an eyebrow. “Awww, you care about me,” she cooed. She giggled. “I never knew cold-hearted Lu Han could be so nice.”

That comment stung a bit. Did she really think that I’m only cold-hearted? But she looked so happy so I decided to let that comment slide. I rolled my eyes and tried to think of ways to cover it up.

“Please,” I scoffed. “I don’t want you to go stealing my stuff while I’m out of the way, keeping it in your room so you can have my scent when you go to bed at nights in case you feel lonely.”

Her jaws clenched and she rolled her eyes — this time, in irritation. “Oh, someone hire a crane to help his neck support his big head,” she muttered under her breath.

I chuckled, shaking my head in amusement.

Suddenly her phone went off with really weird music.

 

We got the power! I got the power!

Geu ape gulhaji ma neonneon

Geureoji mara gogael deureora

We got the power! Geue majseo ssawo

Cheonsaui eolgullo nal nalnal

Chyeodaboji ma geotjimarida

 

I raised an eyebrow as she answered her phone.

“Yeobosaeyo?” she said into the receiver, slightly hiccupping. Haha, she has a cute hiccup sound, like a little puppy yapping. As she talked with the person, I watched her. She still had a hint of sadness in her eyes. Her eyes were red and puffy and her nose was red too.

I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She glanced at me and gave me a small smile before returning her attention back to the phone call. I looked around. The sky was still blue, since it was still early in the morning. The day barely started for some. Far from the distance, darting between clouds, I could see birds flying. Far down on the road, I heard the cars honking and such.

Finally she hung up. Her face was clouded with darkness.

“Who was that?” I asked.

She sighed. “It’s my aunty, Changjo’s mom,” she replied half-heartedly.

“What’s the matter?”

She sighed again. “She knows I’m suspended,” she muttered darkly. “She wants me over for dinner tonight.” She looked at me and shook her head. “She’s sweet and I really love her, but when it concerns education and good school record, she can be fierce like a dragon.”

I smiled sympathetically because I knew how she felt, except for me, it was literal. I shuddered, thinking about Kris whenever he got too angry. Uh . . . not exactly something I want to remember.

“I may not even make it back out alive.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello. I am so sorry for not updating on Friday and Saturday. Was really busy (: ...and was upset that I missed B.A.P's concert D:

ANYWAY. Hee, Lu Han is starting to be nice! :D