Rules and Regulation

The Heartbreaker's Game

RULES AND REGULATION FOR THE HEARTBREAKER'S GAME

 

  1. Both leaders must decide on a specific country as an arena for the Games.
  2. Leaders must choose ONLY ONE representative
  3. Leaders must also choose only one girl for their representative to break her heart.
  4. She must be from the chosen country.
  5. Each representative are transported to different starting point in the Game
  6. They are to know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the girl - not even the name or face - but they WILL know that she is the chosen one when they meet her. They can tell by a feeling.
  7. They are allowed to approach her in any form of method.  is not counted because they need to make her fall in love with him.
  8. Leaders are NOT allowed to do the job themselves even if they feel their representative is not up for it. Once chosen, you must play until you either win or lose.
  9. There is no given time limit to break her heart - just make sure you break it first before the other party breaks his girl's heart.
  10. Representatives are allowed to seek advice from their leaders.
  11. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are the representatives allowed to sleep with girls not chosen for them.
  12. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are the leaders allowed to send another representative to help.
  13. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are the representatives allowed to FALL IN LOVE.

 

Kai’s POV

As Suho went through each rule, the rest of us were stifling a yawn. I know, I know; we were supposed to listen, but we’ve gone through it so many times. Next to me, Sehun was dozing off. I nudged him by the sides to wake him up. If Suho saw that he is asleep, he’ll be on his case forever.

He sat up abruptly, making a short snort as he did. “Huh? What I missed?” he asked blurly.

“Hyung isn’t done with the rules yet,” I hissed at him.

He groaned. “And I thought I slept through the whole thing already!” he moaned.

“Wake me up when he does,” D.O whispered and closed his eyes.

“Tough luck. I’ve got things to do and sitting here listening to something I’ve heard for seventy times is seriously a waste of time,” Baekhyun muttered, sighing. He looked out of the window, tuning Suho’s voice out.

 “Wait, is Suho only at Rule Number Five?” Chanyeol complained, his eyes widening in horror. “And there are thirteen rules! That means that’s . . . erm . . .” He held out his fingers and began to count.

“Seven more rules to go,” I sighed, doing the math for him.

“I knew that,” he replied sheepishly.

“Sure.”

He mumbled something unintelligent under his breath. Suho’s voice was still droning on somewhere in the background, oblivious to the fact that all of us were not even listening to him and that we had tuned him out the moment he said, “Rule Number One.”

“And lastly,” Suho read out, “under no circumstances are the representatives allowed to fall in love.” He rolled the parchment up and everyone sat up straighter as though we had been listening to him the whole time. D.O and Sehun woke up. Baekhyun looked away from the window. I widened my eyes, focusing on Suho. Chanyeol sat up straighter. He beamed at all of us, happy to see that we were all still wide awake and was paying attention to what he said (little did he know). “Well, then.”

“Can we go now?” D.O asked. “I want to sleep.”

“Not that you haven’t, for the past ten minutes,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath, shooting a sideways glance at me. I held back a smirk.

Suho turned to me. “So, Kai, what are you planning to do this time? Like, what will be your game plan?” he asked me as he placed the paper away.

I shrugged, scratching the back of my neck. “Uh, I’m not sure,” I replied honestly. I was actually thinking of my game plan during the time he was reading out the rules but I rejected all of them. I’ve used those ideas already. I wanted to think of a creative way, something I have never tried out before. “I guess I will have to think about it for these next two days while I still have time.”

Suho nodded, deciding not to put too much pressure on me. “You do that.” He sat back in his seat and relaxed. “Anyway, I guess you should be packing right now.”

I stood up, relieved to have a reason to excuse myself. The others were just as equally relieved that we were dismissed and scattered about to do their own things.

I bowed and retreated back to the room. I looked around. What should I pack to Seoul? It’s a good thing that even though I have such a big luggage, I can downsize it into pen drive-size which means I can carry it anywhere I can without difficulty at all.

“Now, the main thing is, how am I going to get her to fall in love with me? And then get her to sleep with me,” I mused as I went through all of my stuff. I frowned. This is always the question that goes through our minds to those who got picked.

Suho came inside the room, his face white.

I frowned. “What’s wrong, leader?”

“You’re —”

“Hyuuunngggg! Help me! Chanyeol is torturing me!” Sehun cried out from the living room.

“Shut up, you idiot! Do not call for help because you do not deserve it! I’ll teach you not to mess with me when I’m trying to sleep!” we heard Chanyeol roared.

“But — but — but I’m bored and I’ve got nothing better to do!”

Suho sighed, rolling his eyes up to the ceiling. “I live with idiots. Kai, I’ll be right back. Don’t go anywhere.” He exited the room and went to check on the others.

 

Lu Han’s POV

When Kris finally finished reading the last line, everyone woke up from their short nap. He frowned, rolling up the parchment. “I can’t believe you guys slept through the entire thing.” But then he turned to me. “At least you were the only one who stayed awake. That’s good. It showed how dedicated you are.”

Chen coughed.

Lay sniggered.

Tao cleared his throat.

XiuMin chewed on his bun.

I shrugged.

Actually, I was sleeping. It’s just that I had trained myself to fall asleep with my eyes opened so it looked as though I was wide awake when I was actually taking a short nap, with his voice buzzing somewhere at the back of my mind. The others all knew that, hence their reactions (well, except for XiuMin, but I doubt he even knows what was going on) but Kris just thought they were weird.

He shot them weird looks. Then he stood up, motioning for me to stand up as well. I stood, bewildered. What is he going to do? He walked over to the bathroom. “Come here,” he told me.

I cautiously walked over to him. What is he going to do to me? Is this some sort of test or something?

He laughed. “I’m not going to hurt you, idiot. Come here.”

I did.

Kris made me stand in front of the full-length mirror. I looked at myself and saw that I had a look of confusion. “Dui zhang, what are we doing?” I asked.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and turned me to face the mirror. “Look at the mirror, Lu Han. Just look. Do you know what I see?” he said to me.

I looked back at him.

“I see a strong, handsome young man with a lot of great potential inside. I know, one day, he’s capable enough to do many great things and bring honor to Exo-M,” he said, smiling warmly.

I beamed with pride. Did he really think that way about me? Wow, that’s a high praise coming from him. He hardly ever praised anyone unless he was sure that they deserved it. “Oh, thank you, dui zhang —”

Then he pointed at me in the mirror. “Oh, look, you’re here too.”

I facepalmed.

He laughed. “I’m only kidding.” He shoved me lightly. “Don’t take things too seriously. Smile, you dummy.”

I grimaced.

He frowned. “I wonder how you’re going to win the heart of the girl when you can’t even smile properly.”

I smirked. Then I gasped, my eyes lighting up. I grabbed his shoulders and shook him with glee. “Dui zhang! THANK YOU! I HAVE FOUND MY GAME PLAN!” I rushed out of the bathroom and to my room, grabbing a piece of paper and began to write down my game plan.

From inside, I could hear Kris saying, “Daheck? Oh well. Kids these days. You can never be too sure of what goes through their mind.” I turned back to see him shaking his head as he walked out of the bathroom.

I turned back to my paper.

Meanwhile, XiuMin came inside the room, peering curiously over my shoulder. “What are you doing, Lu Han? Are you busy?” he asked me. His voice sounded loud and clear, not muffled and inaudible as he always sounded like whenever he was eating buns.

I looked up, surprised to see that he wasn’t eating any buns. “No more baos?” I asked.

He shook his head sadly. “Tao ate the last bao. Hey, that rhymed. Tao and bao. Get it? Haha! I am such a genius. Wait. Tao ate the last bao! TAO, HOW DARE YOU!!!” he cried in despair.

“Muahahahaha, the bao is tasty, XiuMin gege. You are missing out,” Tao said evilly from the living room.

“I hate you!” XiuMin burst out, looking genuinely upset.

I shook my head and he sat down on his bed, bouncing up and down. He looked back at me. “Are you ready for another round of The Heartbreaker's Game?”

I shrugged, turning my chair to him. “I was actually thinking of my game plan before you came in. What do you think of this game plan?”

“Shoot me with it.” He made his fingers into a gun, pointed it at me with an eye closed and pretended to shoot me. “Pow! Take that, er!” He giggled.

I ignored his childish acts. “I’ll act like I don’t care, but at the same time I flirt with her like crazy, making her annoyed with me but give off the mysterious aura and —”

XiuMin held out his hand and I stopped talking. “You lost me at ‘I’ll act’,” he replied honestly.

I frowned. “But that was the first two words!”

“Exactly.” Then he had this dreamy, faraway look and his hand reached out into the thin air as though he was grasping for something. “Oooh, bao . . .” There was a slight trail of drool coming out from his mouth.

Disgust.

I smacked my forehead in repulsion. “Stupid idiot. If you’re not eating buns, you’re thinking about buns.” I looked at his side of the bunk beds, where his wall was filled with posters of different type of buns.

XiuMin sat up. “I smell buns!”

“Yah, XiuMin gege, I bought char siew bao for you to eat! Come and get it while it’s still hot!” we heard Chen called out from the kitchen.

Like lighting, XiuMin was out of his bed, out of the room in no time. The papers flew off the table and scattered onto the floor as he ran passed me.

“Stupid XiuMin,” I muttered as I bend over to pick it up.

Suddenly Kris came into my room with a frown on his face. “There’s been a slight change of plans,” he told me and I looked up.

“What?”

“The Game starts tomorrow. You’re going to Seoul tomorrow morning at dusk.”