Red Bunny's Revenge

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

Daeseul turned to me with a grin and I knew what was coming up. I rolled my eyes. She frowned. “Yah, don’t roll your eyes at me,” she said. But she let it slide because she was focused on other things. “So, how did you and Kai Oppa meet? I know you guys met at work, obviously, but how exactly did you guys meet? Did you guys hang out? What did he say? What did you say? What do you think about him?”

I held my hands up. “Whoa, whoa — one at a time!” I laughed, holding out a hand to stop her from rambling on to give me a chance to answer her questions, at the least.

“Okay, how did you and Kai Oppa meet?”

“We met because we work at the same place,” I replied.

She punched me. “Seriously!” She sighed. “Okay, fine, second question: how exactly did you guys meet?” she asked eagerly.

I caressed my shoulder where she had punched me. “You know, if you had asked me that at first, we wouldn’t have wasted ten seconds of our life and breath and time and I wouldn’t be hurt right now.” I feigned hurt.

She punched me again.

“Ow!”

“Answer me properly or else the next place I’m hitting is your head.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well, we were both put in charge of washing the dishes,” I told her. “Since there was nothing else to do but to wash dishes and since it was pretty awkward with just the two of us washing the plates, not saying anything. So we just talked and got to know each other.”

She scrunched up her nose. “That’s it? No drama?”

I thought about us playing around with the dirty water in the kitchen and decided to leave Daeseul out in the dark. “Nope, no drama, we just talked,” I replied. I looked at her and knew she was about to ask a completely different question so I answered it before she could even ask, “We just talked about how we know you, about the latest movie, my height, and other normal and non-drama stuff.”

Her face fell. But then she brightened. “You guys seemed to have hit off really well! That’s good; you’ve gotten over the awkwardness phase on dates then!”

I facepalmed. I should have known.

“Last question,” she said. I knew she wanted to hear this answer more than any other answers of the questions she just asked me. “What do you think about Kai Oppa? Would he make a good boyfriend?”

I shrugged. “Yeah, I guess he would make a good boyfriend,” I replied slowly and she let out a squeal, jumping a little. I shook my head at her little over-the-top enthusiasm. Such a girl. “He’s okay, I guess. But he reminds me of my cousin.” I looked pointedly at her.

She grimaced. “Very funny,” she shot back but I knew she didn’t mind. “Seriously, tell me what you think of him. I’m curious.” Of course she would.

I blew a raspberry at my fringe that covered my eye and bit my bottom lip, thinking carefully of my choice of words. “To be honest,” I started to say, “he strike me as the kind of guys you would date.”

She stopped dead in her tracks. “No way,” she laughed.

“Way.” I glanced over at her. “You know,” I mused thoughtfully, stopping as well. I put my hands on my hips and turned to look at her. “I just realized something about you, Nam Daeseul.”

She shot me a questioning look. “What?”

“All this while, you had gone out your way to set me up on dates,” I said, “but you yourself don’t go out on dates.” I smirked.

She blushed. “Well, I am very busy,” she said, trying to think of an excuse to get out of this thing.

I snorted, adjusting my bag behind me. “I’m busy too,” I shot back, “and I actually have to go for work.” I looked slyly at her. “You’re not waiting for L.Joe to ask you out on a date, are you?”

She sighed. “Yeah, I realized it’s hopeless for me to go to L.Joe,” she replied. “I cannot cling onto him forever. Besides, I saw him dating Yoon Ji Joong the other day.” She looked sadly at me. But then she shrugged. “And, of course, I realized that I never liked him. I was just attracted to his looks.”

I shook my head in amazement and wonder. “That is so you, Daeseul ah,” I said admirably. “Anyway, speaking of dates.” We stopped at the school’s bulletin board. “Rumours has it that Moon Jongup, the kingka of the school, is planning to ask you to the school’s annual dance.”

“Ugh, the horror.” She gripped and pretended to strangle herself. “Not in my life.”

“Why not?” I asked curiously.

Daeseul shuddered at the thought of going to the dance with him. “I thought you didn’t like anyone concerning Bang Yongguk, so why are you so interested in this thing, hmm?” she asked me, trying to change the subject.

“Nice try,” I said dryly. “Anyway, this has nothing to do with Bang Yongguk. Just because I don’t like them, doesn’t mean I’m not in on these rumours.”

“Well, you’re right,” she said. “They’re rumours, not facts, so that meant it’s not true.” She looked at me. “You can ask Kai to the dance,” she added slyly.

I rolled my eyes. It showed how desperate she is to get me to go out on a date with Kai. “But I told you, he’s not my type,” I argued. What is my type? Images of Lu Han and his irritating smirk popped up in my head and I scowled. Why the hell is he in my mind now? Get out, get outttt.

I know he could control dreams, but if he tells me that he can control my thoughts as well, I am really going to have to murder that stupid alien.

Daeseul and I split up and went to our own classrooms. I was really glad that Yongguk is suspended for a week. His absence in the class made me feel so much happier, and the class was a lot more pleasant, even with Himchan there as a replacement. He was not as annoying as Yongguk and was only annoying if Yongguk was around. Himchan just ignored me in class.

But when I got to my class, I got a shock to see that the only people there were Teacher Yong — and Bang Yongguk and friends.

What the hell? Why is my heart beating so fast as though something bad is going to happen?

They looked up when I entered the classroom. And their face expressions when they saw me were confusing. I didn’t know what was going on and the silence that filled the empty classroom was starting to get a little overwhelming, suffocating me until I wished that I could run out of the room and escape.

Okay . . .

I frowned, trying to analyze the situation. Yongguk looked pleased, smirking that smile which meant he was up to no good. Himchan smirked as well, slapping low-fives with Yongguk. Daehyun looked upset and scared. Teacher Yong looked disappointed in me as he shook his head sadly.

It’s like I’m looking a picture with the caption: SPOT WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.

And then I saw it.

I saw what was wrong with the picture.

With a sinking heart, I realized that Daehyun had actually tried to warn me earlier today about Yongguk’s plans but I ignored him. I had completely ignored him and walked away from him when he could have helped me, and walked right into that snake’s trap.

Because in Teacher Yong’s hand, was a familiar piece of paper. It was a paper with a particular line written a hundred times.

I think Bang Yongguk is y and I want him to me like a beast. I could see the words, bold and clear, from where I was standing at the doorway.

This is not good. My mind told me to ‘Run!’ but my feet remained frozen to the ground as fear gripped my heat.

Ohmigod.

He showed him. Yongguk showed the paper to Teacher Yong. And I won’t be able to say anything in defence. I can’t deny it because the clear evidence is right in his hands. And I can’t tell Teacher Yong that he made me write it because it would be his words against mine. Not to mention, Teacher Yong loves Yongguk.

“Come here, Miss Jung,” Teacher Yong said quietly, gesturing toward a chair right in front of his table and the others moved aside so that I could come over and sit down so we can have a little ‘talk’. “I think you should know by now why we are the only ones in the classroom.”

I took a step forward, quaking with terror. My brain was whirring as I wrecked it to think of some sort of crap explanation that sounded convincing so I would be left off the hook, but nothing came up.

I sat down stiffly on the chair. I refused to meet eyes with anyone and kept my eyes cast down, looking at my fiddling, nervous fingers. I can’t lie and say that it’s not my handwriting, either, because my name is clearly stated there at the top corner of the paper and Teacher Yong recognizes every student’s handwriting. It’s crazy, but it’s true. He can straight away tell who wrote this and that.

I

Am

So

ing

Screwed

Ashen-face and petrified, I stared dumbly at Teacher Yong. There was a deathly silence as he regarded me. Goodbye, life, I thought miserably.

Bury a hole and put me inside. Leave me there to die. Because being buried alive would be so much better than facing this. I can’t believe he really got the nerve to do that! That was way love, even for him.

Teacher Yong pushed the paper toward me but I didn’t pick it up because I knew what the paper was. “Mister Bang told me that, apparently, you must have wrote it on the day you served detention with him because you kept glancing over at me and giggled,” Teacher Yong spoke up.

I glared at Yongguk. Now he’s feeding the teacher lies too? Preposterous!

“Is that true?”

I shrugged. What can I say? If I say no, he wouldn’t believe me. If I say yes, I would be admitting defeat to Yongguk.

“Miss Jung, you know any ual relationship or even such thoughts like this are strictly forbidden. You know the rules,” Teacher Yong said sternly to me. Right, I forgot. In school, we have three disciplinary teachers. Teacher Yong is the Head of Disciplinary. Oh, .

I hung my head low, fighting back tears.

“I have no choice but to suspend you for two weeks.”

I looked up to him in utter desolation.

Aunty Yu Jun is going to be so mad at me, so terribly ashamed of me and I’m just bringing her disappointment, just like how I brought disappointment to my parents.

The thought filled me with horror and fear.

The door burst opened and Changjo came in, looking vivid. “Sir, Yongguk-sshi tried to her that day of detention!” he blurted out.

Yongguk kept a straight face. “Obviously he would say that because he’s trying to defend her,” he scoffed lightly and Changjo made a lung toward him but Himchan held him back.

I stood up and took Changjo by the arm. He glanced pleadingly at me but I shook my head no. I didn’t want him to be suspended because of me either. Unlike me, he actually put an effort to be hardworking. I can’t do this to him.

Teacher Yong looked at me. “I will see you back in school in the Monday after the following Monday,” he said. “Please go back home.”

Changjo gape at him. “Can’t you at least let her finish the remaining of the week?”

But the discipline teacher shook his head. “We need to make immediate effect. If we don’t, students will think it’s unfair I’m giving her special treatment and rebel.”

I looked at Yongguk who smirked. My gaze shifted to Daehyun who avoided me. I didn’t want to look at Changjo.

I turned and ran.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh dear. Evil Red Bunny~

Speaking of B.A.P, who watched their performance at The Showdown yesterday?! I watched on 8tv. Bleeh. BUT THEY WERE SOO GOOD. OMGG.

I was THIISSS close to going to their showcase tomorrow. Daaammnnit D: