Eun Hae's Bad Day

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

My eyes flew opened. Why do I suddenly feel so panicky? I rolled over and checked the time. It was only seven-forty in the morning. Oh. Okay, that was . . . wait.

Seven-forty?!

Why didn’t my alarm go off at seven-thirty? I checked. Oh, great. I didn’t set the alarm the night before, that’s why. , I’m going to be late. I’m supposed to meet my best friend, Nam Daeseul, at the coffee shop at eight-fifteen before school starts for the year at eight-thirty.

Aish, I’m so forgetful.

Jumping out of the covers, I ran for the bathroom and turned the shower on. I took the fastest shower I’ve ever taken in my life (five minutes, I counted) and began to blow-dry my hair. I anxiously checked the time every once in a while. It was seven-fifty in the morning now. I breathed a sigh of relief. I still have twenty-five minutes before I meet up with Daeseul.

After I made sure my hair was dry enough,  I put my uniform on so my shirt would not be wet from my wet hair. Then I tied my hair before I slipped my socks and my shoes on. I glanced back at the clock. It was five passed eight. Okay, that’s good. I guess I overreacted this morning for nothing.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my apartment, where I stayed alone. I walked out of the building and onto the sunny atmosphere. I smiled, making my way to the coffee shop. Just as I turned the corner, I saw Moon Jongup, the kingka of my year, with his friends Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan, Jung Daehyun, Yoo Youngjae and Bang Junhong walking from the other side of the road to the road I was standing on.

I ducked behind a bush.

Now, do not misunderstand. I’m not scared of them; I’m annoyed with them. Yongguk and Himchan never failed to find a way to make my life miserable. Even though they had graduated from high school, since they’re friends with Jongup, they hang about pretty often.

I hid further in behind the bush, waiting for their footsteps to fade away. I made sure they were gone and out of sight before I stood up, letting out a sigh of relief.

And I felt a hard hand clamping on my shoulder.

“Eeep!” I shrieked, my bag flying over.

The person of the hand let go and laughed. “Aish, Eun Hae, you never failed to make me laugh.”

I turned and frowned at Changjo, my cousin, as he bent over to pick up my bag off the ground. “Yah, Changie, it’s not funny,” I scolded. “You gave me a heart attack. I thought you were one of Yongguk’s minions.”

He shook his head. “I still don’t get why you’re so afraid of them,” he told me. I held my hand out and he handed back my bag. We began walking to the coffee shop. “I mean, they are out of school already. Junhong and Jongup don’t give you any problems in school, right? So why?”

I could only shrugged. “I have no idea what Yongguk’s problem is, man. It’s like he one day suddenly woke up and decided to make my life hell,” I muttered, scowling darkly.

“Maybe he has a crush on you,” he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. “You know how they say if a boy bullies you, it means they like you?”

“Oh, Changie, that is so primary school!” I groaned, slapping my face with my palm. “Seriously? People still say that? You know that’s just a load of crap.”

He shrugged. “Crap or not, there’s a reason why they made that phrase up,” he replied, having a point there. “Anyway, are you meeting Daeseul up here?”

I nodded, checking the time. It was eight-fifteen. I looked around but I didn’t see my friend. “Yeah, and I’m right on time whereas that girl isn’t.”

“Isn’t what?”

I turned around to see Daeseul holding two cups of coffee in her hand. She handed one cup to me. “Sorry, Changjo, for not getting a cup for you. I didn’t know you were tagging along,” she said.

Changjo smiled good-naturedly. “It’s okay. I bumped into Eun Hae as she was hiding from Yongguk on my way,” he reassured her.

She raised an eyebrow and turned to me. “Again?”

I gave a noncommittal shrug.

He pulled on my ponytail playfully. “Anyway, I have to go. I’m supposed to meet Ricky at the library before school starts and I’m so late. Bye!” He waved before jogging over to our school.

Daeseul and I enjoyed our coffee as we walked to school.

“I wonder what today is going to be like,” Daeseul said dreamily. “I heard that some of the seniors are coming back to learn some work experience so it would look good in their college application. Some of them are going to be teaching classes and some would just be the assistant. I wonder who, though.”

I smirked. “Waeyo? Hoping that one of them would be Byunghun-sshi? You know, if you want, I can always get Changie to introduce you to him. You know, they are friends.”

She blushed a deep shade of red at the mention of our senior. “L.Joe sounds so much cooler,” she snapped but she was too embarrassed to be really mad.

I cracked up and she whacked my shoulder. But then I frowned. “As long as it’s not Yongguk and his stupid gang, I’m perfectly fine with whoever it is.”

We reached school and had to go our separate ways because we weren’t in the same class together. As I headed over to my class, I sighed when I saw a crowd of girls surrounding Jongup. Seriously, he’s not even that good-looking. But I have a feeling he fancies Daeseul because he’s always trying to flirt with her. She doesn’t notice, partly because of her crush on L.Joe.

I walked into my class and froze.

Yongguk was inside, chatting with Teacher Yong. What the crap? No, no, this cannot be happening. Why do I always get the worst luck? Why do I always get the opposite thing of everything I wished for?

With a sigh, I sat down right at the back row, hoping that they wouldn’t notice me. I almost got away with it until Teacher Yong called my name for roll call and I had no choice but to answer.

“Jung Eun Hae?”

“H – Here.”

Yongguk’s head whipped straight at me and I swear his eyes were boring holes through me. Brilliant, Eun Hae. Just brilliant, I thought bitterly. Not only did you end up in the second-last class of your year, you also get stuck with the one person who would do anything to make your life hell.

As Teacher Yong was teaching, with Yongguk at the back, watching and observing, suddenly the PTA went off and the principle asked Teacher Yong to go to the office right away. He paused and turned to us. “Class, I will be right back. Please do the activity I had set out to do for you. Yongguk here will oversee everything. Yongguk, please report to me of any misbehavior when I get back. No one moves out of their seat. If you have problems with your work, ask Yongguk and he will come over to you to help you. If I catch anyone out of their seats, it’s detention.”

Yongguk smirked and I swear little red horns were growing on his head as he looked at me.

I gulped, fear gripping my throat.

“Sure, Teacher Yong,” he said in a false and sickly sweet voice. But his smile disappeared once Teacher Yong walked out of the class. Thankfully, God must have heard my prayers because almost at once, the entire girl population minus yours truly was crowding over Yongguk, flirting and trying to butter him up, asking him to give them the answers, flashing their s at him.

It was really disgusting. I turned away.

“Jung Eun Hae,” a deep husky voice suddenly called out.

I looked up to see Yongguk was looking at me. Oh, and his little fans were glowering at me, wondering why he decided to call my name instead.

I raised an eyebrow. “Neh, Yongguk sunbae?”

“Come here.”

As much as I wanted to stay in my seat, knowing him, if I didn’t move, I’d be surely punished. So I forced my legs to move while the girls dangerously flashed their eyes at me as though I was a threat to them. Stupid es. I walked over to Yongguk. “Neh?”

“Why don’t you ask me for the answers for the activity?” he asked smoothly. “I’ll give it to you like I’m giving it to these pretty ladies here.”

I fought back rolling my eyes. Because I’m not an idiot like they are and I don’t want to jump into your pants! I wanted to scream at him but I bit my lip as I dared to look at him in eye. He was mocking me. “That’s okay,” I said flatly. “I can do the worksheet myself.”

He smirked.

Suddenly a girl cried out, “Teacher Yong is coming back!” and every girl ran back to their seats and pretended to do work whereas I, who was a little slow, started to go back to my seat just as the door opened. “Jung Eun Hae,” Teacher Yong called sharply and I stopped in my tracks. “Just why were you out of your seat?”

“She was trying to flirt with me, hoping that I’ll give the answers to the worksheet, Sir,” Yongguk lied smoothly, a poker face expression on.

I whirled around and pointed at him. “That is a lie!” I spat out. “Why would I ever do such a thing with you, of all people? I’d rather flirt with my cousin than even look at you!” How dare this conniving little —

“But you’re looking at me now.”

Gah!

I covered my face in frustration wishing I could wipe that smirk off that stupid, ugly face of his. This guy has major face problem, I tell you.

Teacher Yong frowned at me. “I’m very displeased with you. I understand that you are not in the best class, but please do try to use your own efforts in making your way up. Do not try to cheat. I’m sorry but you’ll have to stay back for detention today.”

“That’s so unfair!” I burst out. “I didn’t even do anything! If you want to put someone in detention, you should put him!” I pointed at Yongguk who folded his arms, smirking. “Oh, and the girls in the class except for me,” I added. “I did nothing! He was the one who called me here!”

Teacher Yong raised an eyebrow. “But they were in their seats when I came back in. You, however, were not,” he replied. He looked at the class. “Is she telling the truth?”

Nobody said anything because they were scared of Yongguk (or are trying to score a date with him, ew) so they just kept quiet and refused to meet eyes with me. Good thing too because I would have tear their eyeballs away.

“Well, then, the decision is final,” Teacher Yong went on.

My jaws dropped. Seriously? You call yourself a teacher?

“You are serving detention after school, Miss Jung,” he said wearily as he began to write a slip, informing that I was in detention. “And to think that I could go home early today,” he grumbled.

I rolled my eyes. Easy then. Don’t give me detention.

I’ll watch her for you, Sir,” Yongguk offered and my eyes bugged out.

“No!” I cried out. “Please, anyone but him!” He’s going to murder me! I better tell Daeseul and Changjo to arrange my funeral because there is no way in hell will I get out from detention alive. Yongguk will make sure of that that I breathe my last breath and that I won’t see another sunrise. In other words, I’m going to be tortured to hell. Oh wait. I’m already in hell.

Fine, he’s going to add fumes to the flame.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

But Teacher Yong — no, scratch that, nobody — was listening to me anymore. He nodded, beaming at Yongguk. “I’m glad you’re willing to sacrifice your time here to help me out.”

Yongguk smiled and shrugged. “It’s the least I can do,” he said, sugaring it up to Teacher Yong, “after all, I’m here to learn as much as I can about being a teacher. I think doing this would help me gain even more experience.”

Teacher Yong looked positively pleased.

I may not be a psychic but I don’t need to be nor do I need to be one to be able to predict the future.

Great. Teacher Yong is going to take a load off and give it to Yongguk. This means he’ll ask Yongguk to mark tests and grade our papers and I’m going to be failing throughout the whole semester.

Can this day get even worse?

“Oh, and by the way, the reason why I was called into the office is because the Principle wants to tell me that our field trip is coming up.”

Apparently, it can. I spoke too soon.

What is the definition of field trip? No, it’s not a trip to the field. What a field trip meant to teacher is that we get to go out to different places outside school for educational purposes. But what a field trip meant for students is an excuse for girls to wear short skirts and tight shirts to impress the guys and for guys to hook up with girls. I’m always left out because Daeseul and Changjo will not be with me so I won’t enjoy myself.

My life is doomed.

Over.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who wants to guess who she's chosen for? :PP

Added Bang Yongguk from B.A.P because I absolutely love him and he strikes me as the bad-boy type :P HAWT <3