Our Prince Charmings

The Heartbreaker's Game

Lu Han’s POV

When Eun Hae came home from school, I was in the kitchen, making myself a drink since Kris was gone and I had no idea where he was. He was out since this morning when he walked Eun Hae to school. I haven’t seen him all day. But I wasn’t worried. He was probably just exploring around the place.

Strange person.

Eun Hae blinked in surprise when she saw that I was walking around and about the kitchen. I mean, I was pretty lifeless yesterday. But I have to thank Lay for healing me. I looked at her and laughed at her expression. was agape and her eyes were widened.

“I’m better now,” I said the obvious. “I can take you to the dance tomorrow if you still want to go.” I grinned at her. “I’m making strawberry smoothie. Do you want a cup?”

She dropped her bag on the floor and ran up to me, throwing her arms around my neck. She jumped up and I had to quickly wrap my arms around her waist so she wouldn’t fall. She beamed at me. “I’m glad you’re feeling better now, even if the dance wasn’t tomorrow,” she said. She buried her head in between my chin and shoulder and snuggled up to me.

I felt this warm glow when she did that and I was glad that Lay healed me. Now as I looked at her, it made me smile as I watched the smile on her face widened. I was seriously tempted to kiss her. She was looking strangely at me. She blinked and then she leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips.

“Ahem.”

We quickly pulled apart and turned to see Kris standing by the kitchen’s doorway, leaning against the doorframe with a smirk on his face. “If you guys want to make out, there’s a room for you to do it,” he said, pointing to our room. “It’s not like you guys can’t do it every night, since you both share the same room . . . and bed, if I may be too bold.”

I glared at him. “It is too bold,” I snapped. Geez, I was working my magic and he had to come and interrupt us. I think I prefer it when he was watching over from an invisible camera back up in Exo. At least he’s not in my face twenty-four-seven.

He shrugged nonchalantly and walked in toward us and I reluctantly put Eun Hae down on her feet. He caught my eye and winked. “I think I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone.” With that, he strolled out of the kitchen and sauntered into his room.

“What lovebirds?” Eun Hae asked. I looked at her and saw that she was blushing.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close. “What do you mean by that, hmmm?” I teased. “Aren’t we lovebirds since we sleep with each other every night?”

She whacked my arms away and busied herself in making the smoothies but I saw that her cheeks were pink. I smirked as I went over to help her.

 

I stood in front of the full-length mirror in Kris’ room the next night, trying to fix my tie when Kris came in. He laughed at my state and came over to help me. He looked at my hands. “No wonder you can’t get it right; your hands are shaking!”

I looked and sure enough, my hands were shaking. “I’m nervous, dui zhang,” I confessed. “What if I mess up? What if she says she likes Kai?” I asked, panicking. If it does happen, I will punch him. It put my teeth on the edge just to think about it.

Kris slapped me and I turned to him, shocked. “If you think that one more time, you might as well give up,” he snapped. “Anyway, I heard the door from your room opening. I think that Eun Hae is out.”

I nodded and walked out of the bathroom. I walked out nervously into the living room but I could hear she was still inside her room. I squeaked a bit when I saw the door opening.

When Eun Hae emerged out, she was wearing a black off-shoulder dress, a big black belt with an oversized buckle, black flats, black beret, and her short hair was pulled back with a black and gold scarf that picked up the gold of the gold chain necklace and gold loop earrings she was wearing.

I blinked. “Whoa . . .”

She winced. “Too much?” she asked.

“No, it’s not too much.” I shook my head. “You look . . . so beautiful . . .”

She blushed, looking down as she walked over to me. Suddenly she tripped on the carpet and was about to fall if I hadn’t rushed to her side, breaking her fall. She looked up to me, her cheeks tinted with faint pink spots.

I chuckled softly. “You look so graceful . . . but it’s another story when you start walking.”

She rolled her eyes and pushed me away, standing up straight and tall. She looked at Kris whose eyes were wide. “Kris-sshi? How do I look?”

“I’ll answer when you call me ‘oppa’.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed her gently out of the apartment. “Bye, dui zhang!”

 

Eun Hae’s POV

A few minutes later, we were in school. We walked into the hall to see that it was beautifully decorated with balloons, and everything. It was simply amazing. A pop music was playing and students were dancing on the dance floor. I craned my neck to look for Daeseul but I couldn’t see her.

Lu Han s his arm around my waist and I looked up to him. He smiled. “We’re not dancing until a slow song comes on,” he told me and steered me over to the refreshments, where, unfortunately, we saw Yongguk and Himchan who were in charge of refreshments.

Their eyes popped out when they saw me with Lu Han. But they handed our cups to us silently because other people were waiting and we walked off. Everyone around me seemed really happy and they were enjoying themselves. Across the hall, I saw Changjo with his friends. He caught my eye and gave me a wink and I waved. Lu Han smiled at him, nodding politely.

“Have any of you seen Daeseul?” We turned to see Kai. He was looking around anxiously. He looked pretty good in a suit, I have to be honest.

Come to think of it, so does Lu Han.

I shook my head. “I haven’t seen her anywhere,” I replied. “I was looking for her too.”

Just then . . . Block B entering the place. I gasped when I saw Zico. Crap, what is he doing here? Then, Kai gasped aloud, his eyes going wide.

Daeseul had walked into the room dressed in a short, red dress, black belt, black tights, red flats, and a pearl necklace. Even though she was wearing something so simple, I have to admit that she looked really good. Kai could not take his eyes off her. But then she turned to talk to one of the Block B members and they walked out.

“Where is she going?” Kai asked, disappointed.

“She’s going out to the field,” I replied. “Since this is an open dance to all people, the gym is too small to hold it so they opened it to the field as well, where they made sure that the grass isn’t wet, especially since we’ve been having a sunny day for the past few weeks. Plus, later at night, fireworks will go off.”

“Cool.” Kai was eyeing the other members of Block B.

Lu Han looked at me. “You say that the field has more space and later there will be fireworks?” he asked. When I nodded, he took my hand and dragged me out. “If that’s the case, why are we in here when we can enjoy the night outside?”

I giggled as he led me outside. We bumped into Daeseul on the way. “Oh, Daeseul!” I said, happy to see her. “How are you feeling today? You look really hot in that dress!”

Daeseul, however, looked confused. “I thought you were coming to the dance with Kai Oppa,” she blurted out. “Aren’t you guys together?”

I frowned, puzzled. “What? Kai Oppa and I were never together. You know I don’t think of him that way, even if you asked me to accept him,” I replied.

 

Kai’s POV

I decided to go out and find Daeseul. When I walked out, heading over to the field, I saw Lu Han and Eun Hae with Daeseul in the hall. I walked up to them, Daeseul’s back to me.

I heard Daeseul saying, “Huh? But . . . I thought Kai Oppa is Eun Hae’s boyfriend.”

“I’m not Eun Hae’s boyfriend,” I said.

Daeseul turned around. “Kai Oppa!”

I nodded toward Eun Hae and Lu Han before turning to Daeseul. “What makes you say I’m Eun Hae’s boyfriend?” I asked. Eun Hae and Lu Han decided to leave us alone.

“Aren’t you?”

“No, I’m not. Eun Hae likes Lu Han, so she’s not my girlfriend.”

“I thought . . . I thought . . .” Daeseul closed her eyes and opened them again “So . . . you don’t have any girlfriend?” she asked.

I sighed. “No. You see, Daeseul . . . it’s you that I want,” I declared.

She blinked. “Eh?”

“Yes. Daeseul, I really like you.”

“But . . .”

“It’s okay, though,” I went on, feeling sad. “I really like you, but I know you don’t like me. I won’t disturb you anymore.”

“No, look,” she protested as I walked away. “Wait! It’s not like that!”

But I didn’t look back.

“Wait,” she cried out. “Don’t leave me!”

Daeseul ran and caught up with me and held onto my shirt from behind. Not wanting to hurt her, I stopped walking. “I . . . I . . .” she panted, out of breath. She took a deep breath. “I don’t hate you, Kai Oppa,” she told me. “I just thought that . . . that Eun Hae . . . was your girlfriend. So I forced myself to try get over you. But . . . in my heart . . . I can’t . . . I can’t . . .”

I just stood there.

“Oppa, please,” she pleaded, tugging on my T-shirt. “My heart was broken when I found out that L.Joe wasn’t interested in me at all. And it was broken again when I thought you were Eun Hae’s boyfriend! But I like you, Oppa. I . . . I really, really like you! I know that I may had tried to set you up with Eun Hae, but as I hanged out with you more, I realized what she said was right . . . that I would end up falling for you, instead of her falling for you. I . . . I . . .”

I turned around, staring at Daeseul, thinking of how beautiful she looked that night. She was standing behind me, so sad. She looked up at me and blinked, tears falling down her face. I wiped her tears away and stepped closer to her. I put my right hand behind her back and gently drew her to me. Slowly, I kissed her face, first her forehead, down along her nose and chin, then both her cheeks.

On the edge of , I stopped, leaving her aching and wanting.

“Is that right? Do you really like me?” I asked when we were just a fraction apart.

“Yes,” she gasped. “I like you.”

“I like you too,” I whispered. I gently kissed her on the cheeks. Daeseul put her arms around my neck. I heard her sighed happily, hugging me. I slipped my hands down to her waist, pulling her close. She looked up at me the moment I looked down to her.

Our lips met briefly.

We pulled apart, stunned. I could hear my heart beating rapidly against my chest as I looked at her gorgeous face. Slowly, I leaned down to kiss her on the lips and she melted into my arms.

And somewhere above us, fireworks went off.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

Lu Han and I were dancing to a slow song out in the field. Lu Han smiled as he twirled me out and twirled me back in, holding me close once my body hit his chest. He dipped me and brought me back up. I placed my arms around his neck again and he pulled me close. He smiled, his eyes twinkling from the strobe lights hanging down from the stage.

I couldn’t hear anything, not the sound, not the crowd dancing among us, not the students chatting somewhere in the corner of the field, not the DJ make announcements, nor could I hear the faint clinking sound of cups as students cheered to whatever they were cheering to.

Everything disappeared until it was just me and Lu Han, alone, in each other’s arms.

Suddenly his right hand was lifted and he slipped it behind my neck, his left firmly on my left. My left hand went down to wrap itself around his back and I placed my right on his chest. He leaned down, his lips drawing near. My cheeks grew pink but my eyes fluttered shut as our lips made contact. His kiss was sweet, soft and gentle, as we continued to sway in the dancing crowd.

Lu Han pulled apart. Then he smiled and got down on one knee. Everyone around us gasped as he drew out a small velvet box. My eyes widened as he opened it, revealing a plain, simply silver ring. I looked at him and he was gazing adoringly into my eyes.

“Jung Eun Hae,” he said seriously. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know. I'm updating like crazy.

Hahaha! Expect a chapter in the afternoon. Gimme about two hours?