Take A Rest

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

“Remember I said that I’d tape your lessons for you because of your suspension? Yeah, that camera is filled with this week’s lesson,” he said sweetly.

Oh, wow.

He looked down and began fiddling with his thumbs nervously, wondering if I was happy with this small gesture. “I hope you’d forgive me for what I did to you earlier, although I am not using this to make you forgive me since I have already done this before.” He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his nape.

How could I not? I smiled and hugged him. “Thanks, Lu Han, I really appreciate it.” I looked at him. “But why did you do what you did earlier?” I asked him. I really wanted to know. Does he like me?

He shrugged. “I don’t know.” He looked at me and knew that I didn’t believe him so he sighed and admitted, “I was jealous.”

Wow, he’s jealous!

“But why?” I blurted out.

He shrugged, looking a bit uncomfortable. “Um.” He blinked and I fought back a squeal. Seriously, does he not know how adorably cute he is whenever he blinks? He glanced back up at me and held out his hands. I found myself drawing near to him. He hugged me. “Eun Hae, I just don’t want to see you get hurt,” he whispered softly. “I don’t know what sort of person he is, but I don’t trust him.”

“But I do.”

He chewed on his bottom lip. “If you believe so.”

I nodded then I yawned. “Ah, I think I’m going to head to bed now,” I told him just as my phone buzzed.

I got a message from Kai.

 

From: Kai

To: Eun Hae

Message: I really enjoyed our date and I hope we can do it again.

 

I smiled and typed a quick reply before heading over to the bathroom. When I emerged into my room in my pyjamas, getting ready to sleep, I found Lu Han bent over, making my bed. He looked up and smiled. “Good night,” he said softly. He came over and kissed my temple before he walked out of the room to his own room.

I tried to sleep but somehow I felt like something was missing. I tossed and turned. I couldn’t fall asleep. I sighed, sitting up. Maybe I should go take a glass of water. So I got out of my bed and walked out of my room. The living room was dark. In fact, the only light I could see was coming out from under Lu Han’s room.

Forgetting about my water, I walked straight to his room instead. Without bothering to knock, I twisted the knob and stepped inside. I closed the door behind me to see Lu Han looking up from his watch. I did a double take when I noticed there was this little small, hologram coming from the watch.

Must be a gadget from Exo.

“Dui zhang, I gotta go,” he was saying. “I’ll talk to you another day. Bye.” He pressed something and the hologram disappeared.

“You didn’t have to do that,” I said, coming over to him.

He pulled back the blanket to let me slip underneath beside him before covering me with it again. He put his arms around me and kissed my temple. “What’s the matter? Can’t sleep?”

I shook my head. “Could you sing a lullaby to me?” I asked him, snuggling up to him. “Please?”

He hesitated and nodded. He began singing a slow song, which I’m guessing was in Chinese because I didn’t recognize the language. I thought he had a really good voice. My eyes were fluttering shut and soon I fell into a deep slumber.

 

Lu Han’s POV

I held my hand out and the lights went off. I snuggled in bed with her and she moved, pressing her head against my chest. I laid awake at night. I couldn’t sleep. It’s like my mind wouldn’t shut down. Somewhere, far off in a distance, I could hear an owl hooting from its tree. Next to me, Eun Hae was sleeping soundly. I turned my head slightly and smiled. Chuckling softly, I reached out to her soft, silky hair. The wind cascaded the scent of her hair to my nose. Her hair smelled like lavender.

Eun Hae stirred a bit. Then she rolled over until my chest was her pillow. She reached her hand out and grabbed a fistful of my shirt, snuggling up to me. I looked down and tucked her head under my chin. My left hand her hair softly while my right hand was placed gently on her waist, holding her securely in my arms as she slept. I leaned down a bit and kissed the top of her head.

“Mmm,” she mumbled. “Lu Han . . .”

My heart raced and a smile came upon my face. She called my name! She must be dreaming about me, even without me controlling her dreams. This is good.

It means she’s falling in love with me.

 

The next morning, when I woke up, Eun Hae wasn’t in my arms. I looked around groggily. Then she came into my room, looking ready to go for work. She came over to me and smiled. I looked up to her. “Don’t I get a good morning kiss?” I asked her with a cheeky smile.

She scoffed. “You wish. I just came to say that I’m going to work. Kai Oppa is here.”

“By the way,” I said, sitting up, “I never got a chance to ask you how your date went with him last night.”

She giggled. “I’ll tell you about it later. Right now I really have to go. I don’t want to keep him waiting after last night.” She gave me a look before she scurried out of my room. I was too tired to hold her back.

“Will you be coming home for dinner?”

“I don’t think so!” she called back. I heard her opening the door and saying, “Annyeong, Kai Oppa! Let’s go!”

I heard him laughing and soon they were gone. I got up, sighing. It’s Saturday, so I don’t have to go to her school to take the tape. I got up and walked over to her room. I saw the camera sitting on her desk. I took it and grinned. Ah, Chen is probably going to be wondering where his camera is.

As if on cue, my watch buzzed. I turned it on and I saw Chen’s face appearing before me, looking angry. “Gege! How dare you take my camera without asking! I know that you are older than me but that doesn’t mean you can have the freedom to take it whenever you wish!” Chen yelled at me through the screen. “You must have taken it when you came back here that day!”

I chuckled lightly, enjoying the look on his face. “Chen, I’d give it back when I’m done with it. I’ll give it back in two weeks time,” I promised.

He growled. I know that he doesn’t like it when we take things from him without asking him for permission first. “You better give it to me otherwise I would make sure that you will never be able to reproduce.”

I smiled to myself. “Okay, sure,” I said lightly, knowing that he doesn’t mean it. When I hung up the phone, I decided to just look around the city.

I wandered around, not sure where I should go when I checked the time. Wow, it was already lunch time. Maybe I should go and see what Eun Hae is up to. I closed my eyes, pictured her face in my mind, and I was outside at the back of the café. I looked up and I saw that she was outside, sitting on the stairs, gazing around. I was about to go up to her when Kai came out. I hid in a corner to listen to what they were saying.

“I got a drink for you,” Kai said, handing a drink to her.

“Thanks.”

There was this silence for a bit. The Kai said, “You should take a break. You’ve been working too hard these days. You need a rest. Even our boss says that you need to at least take a day off from all this stress.”

I knew that Eun Hae had been stressing out. I knew that she had been working really hard, especially now that she had a lot of free time to be able to work the whole day. Even I had told her to take a rest but she refused.

“I need to work, Kai Oppa,” she said softly.

“You need to rest too,” he said just as softly.

I walked away, heavy thoughts in mind. I wonder what I could do to help ease her stress and to take at least some workload off her shoulder.

 

Later in the night, I was watching some drama on television when Eun Hae came in through the front door. She looked really worn out and tired, due to stress. “Hey,” she said wanly. She came over to where I was sitting and flopped down next to me on the couch. She leaned her head on my shoulder and I put my arms around her.

“Go sleep,” I told her and she nodded. She went to bathe and when she came out, I steered her to her bedroom and I literally had to carry her to set her on her bed. She smiled at me and I leaned down to kiss her forehead. I was about to leave when she grabbed my hand.

“Stay, please,” she murmured.

I looked back at her and got in bed with her and I watched her as she fell asleep.

 

The next morning, I purposely woke up extra early before her alarm went off. Then I took her phone and scrolled down through her contact list. When I saw the ‘boss’ name, I stopped and pressed the green button.

“Yeobosaeyo?” her boss said. “Eun Hae-sshi?”

“Yeobosaeyo, I am . . .” I can’t tell him that I live with her. “I am her cousin, Changjo.”

“Oh, Changjo-sshi,” he said as if Changjo had called him many times. “Let me guess, Eun Hae won’t be coming in today? Aish, that girl. She is always working and never takes break. Make sure she doesn’t come tomorrow either.” Without another word, he hung up.

I smiled, looking back at a sleeping Eun Hae and smiled. When she wakes up, she might probably be mad but she’ll thank me later for the rest she’s getting.

I walked out to the front door and a few minutes later, Kai appeared. He jumped back when he saw that I was standing there. I smiled at him. “Your boss told me to tell Eun Hae that she’s getting two days off, so you don’t have to come and pick her up today and tomorrow,” I said.

He scowled, obviously knowing I’d planned this. He disappeared. I walked back inside the apartment. Eun Hae was still sleeping. I walked over to her, a smile plastered on my face as I kept my eyes on her peaceful, sleeping face.

When I reached her, I saw her eyebrows creasing. “Don’t go!” she cried in her sleep. I was by her side, taking her hand to calm her down. She whimpered softly as I her hair.

“Shhh, I’m here,” I said.

“Don’t leave me!” she whimpered again. “B.A.P Oppas . . .

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.A.P? D: