Back in Exo-K

The Heartbreaker's Game

“HYUNG!!!”

Suho’s eyes flew opened. Startled, he fell off the couch he had been sleeping on the night before, landing on the floor flat on his face.

“Hyuuunnggg!!”

“What the . . .?” Cussing, he got up with a groan. He rubbed his neck, trying to get his sleepy eyes to open.

Suho hyung! Help!!

He sighed as he recognized who the voice belonged to.

“What the hell did Sehun do to D.O this time?” he muttered as he walked inside the room to find Sehun on the top bunk, his eyes filled with fear as D.O was holding what seemed to be a gun, pointing right at him. He glanced around the room. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were watching from the bottom bunk, not doing anything.

“What happened?” he asked.

“Sehun thought it’d be funny to wake me up by throwing books at me,” D.O replied, not once taking his eyes off the person on the top bunk.

“You have to admit it was funny!” Sehun pouted. “I mean, your face reaction was priceless that it made me regret not having my camera with me at the time to take a picture of your epic face!”

“Hyung, how come you were sleeping outside?” Baekhyun asked curiously, turning to his leader.

Sehun was clearly offended by his lack of interest in him. He began flapping his arms to get attention but stopped when D.O frowned. “Yah! How could you care about that more than me when that stupid idiot — no, no, you’re not an idiot, hyung, don’t shoot! — is threatening to shoot me with that gun?!”

“You deserved it,” Chanyeol muttered. He yawned, stretching.

Suho wasn’t listening anymore. Instead, he was having a flashback of what happened last night when Kai came to see him.

 

He had been sleeping so peacefully and hated the fact that he was woken up.

He felt he was shaking and when his eyes were opened, he found Kai standing over him. He was about to shout in surprise when Kai quickly covered his mouth. “Be quiet, I don’t want the others to know I’m here!” he hissed.

Suho sat up and realized that he had fallen asleep outside in the living room while watching the Game. The last thing he remembered was Kai coming out of the cafe, handing Eun Hae her bag. He fell asleep right after that.

“Why are you here?” Suho snapped.

“Why didn’t you tell me that Eun Hae is Exo-M’s representative’s girl as well?” Kai asked, looking livid. “We have the same girl! How come the rules suddenly changed? Why is this happening?”

“Err . . .” Suho didn’t have a comeback for that. “Listen, Kai, I didn’t know about this myself until it was too late.” He knew Kai wasn’t happy with this news. Frankly, he wasn’t too happy with this either. “Really. I don’t know why, but it just happened. It must be fate.”

“Rubbish,” Kai growled. “If that is the case, did you know that obviously I would meet the other team’s representative? Wasn’t it forbidden for Exo-M and Exo-K to meet?”

“I really don’t know,” Suho replied lamely. He sighed wearily and rubbed his eyes. He was really tired and wanted to just go back to bed. “We wanted to change the girl, but then it wouldn’t be fair to both teams if one representative had to start from scratch while the other had the obvious head start.”

“So why couldn’t you have just erased the files and create a new data?” Kai wanted to know.

“That would take too much precious time!” Suho protested. “It’s very complicated to delete files once it’s been programmed into the data files!”

“So answer my previous question. Wasn’t it forbidden for Exo-K and Exo-M to meet each other?” Kai meant business, even if it was his leader he was angry with.

“Minion 1 pointed out that it would actually be easier to watch over if the two of you fight with the same girl, that way we can actually see the progress of where each one of you stands,” he replied.

Confusion was written all over the handsome boy’s face. “But wouldn’t that just be making her confused, having two boys fighting over her?” Kai asked Suho, shaking his head. Poor Eun Hae.

Suho shot his representative a quizzical look. “What’s in it for you?” he asked back. “Since when have you cared about a girl’s feelings? You’re going to have to break her heart, right, so why are you worrying about something so small like confusion her, over breaking her heart?”

Kai caught his mistake and stuttered a bit, trying to think of a good excuse. “Well — of course not — I — well, you kn0w that I —”

“No, I don’t.”

“Look, I think I’ll feel more reassured if I don’t have to share with anyone,” Kai replied. “I mean . . . it’s fair, right? We each get our own girls.”

“Fair?” Suho said in disbelief. “Nothing is fair in the Games, Kai. It’s either you win or you lose. You either take the girl and break her heart or I end up breaking you.”

Kai gulped, suddenly not feeling so brave anymore.

Suho calmed down and tried to sound rational. “But doesn’t the fact that you know who your enemy is make you even more determined to win the Game?” he pointed out. “I mean, you know exactly what you’re up against.”

He nodded slowly. Come to think of it . . . when he saw how close Lu Han and Eun Hae were, he was livid. Unknowingly, he clenched his fist. Suho looked down and raised an eyebrow.

“There you go,” he said cheerfully.

Kai shook his head. “I suppose you are right,” he said slowly, thinking thoughtfully. “I just don’t know . . . I mean, Lu Han has got quite a head start.”

“Are you a quitter?” Suho asked sharply.

Kai seemed surprised by this sudden brusqueness. “Uh, a – anni,” he stammered.

“Good, then go back to Earth, fight for her heart to break her first, then come back, okay? Right now, I wanna sleep.” He got back in the couch.

Kai frowned. “Uh, there’s nothing much happening now in the Game since I’m just going to go back and sleep. You might wanna go back to your own bed, where you’d feel a lot more comfortable.”

“Shut up and let me sleep,” Suho complained, already falling deep into slumber.

Raising his hands Kai backed off and soon disappeared back into Earth, while Suho began to dream of pretty unicorns neighing as they galloped across the pretty pony to the castle up high in the clouds.

“Mmm,” Suho said dreamily, a smile on his sleeping face.

 

“Hyung!” Chanyeol said sharply. “Why did Kai come back?”

“Mmm?” Suho said distractedly and snapped out of his daydream, shaking his head, the images of unicorns and rainbows disappearing. “Ah, right. I was sleeping outside because Kai decided to drop by.”

“Bwoh?!” everyone’s ears pricked up at ‘Kai’ and turned their attention to Suho. Even D.O had momentarily forgotten about Sehun to turn to his lideo.

“Did he get my G-strings for me?” Sehun asked eagerly.

Chanyeol threw a pillow up and it landed squarely on his face. “Goodness, you’re about to die and all you can think about is your G-strings?!”

D.O fixed his gaze on the maknae, whose face turned pale. “Aish, chincha?! Thanks, hyung!” poor Sehun whined on top of the bank.

“Why did he come?” Baekhyun asked curiously.

Suho sighed. There really wasn’t any point in hiding from them. “There was a bit of a complication that changed most of the rules about the Games. And all, which, I’m afraid the leader of Exo-M and I have to monitor carefully from now on.”

“Like what?” Chanyeol wanted to know.

“Well, as you know, Exo-M’s representative and Kai have found their girl, right?” he asked. When they nodded, he went on, “What none of us knew until it was too late was that . . .” He took a deep breath. How will they react to this news?

“That?” D.O urged, putting the gun down.

Meanwhile, no one had noticed it when Sehun quietly climbed down the bunk bed from the end side, near the window. They were all too focused on Suho and even the leader had his eyes on the ground so he didn’t see what he was doing. As quiet as a mouse, Sehun landed on the floor, toe-by-toe until he was fully on his two feet. Knowing that he would be rash if he hastily knelt down, he slowly got to his knees. Cautiously, he crawled under the bed and prayed really hard that no one would find him.

Good job, Sehun, he thought, proud of himself.

“Well, go on!” Chanyeol begged. “Don’t leave us in suspense!” He took a sip of water.

Suho glanced around and saw the gleam in their eyes. He sighed. “That both Kai and Exo-M both were selected to break the same girl’s heart.”

Chanyeol spit out the water in his mouth. “What the ?!” he exclaimed, not believing his ears!

Underneath the bed, Sehun gasped and quickly covered his mouth with his hands, hoping no one heard him. Were his ears deceiving him?

Baekhyun, whose was very close to the edge of the bed, slipped and fell down. He winced. “Ow,” he grumbled. “Why do I always have to fall down from the bed? You guys are all mean.” He pouted.

D.O dropped the gun to the floor.

Omo! He’s going to bend over and see me underneath! Sehun thought frantically. He quickly began squirming backward, out of the bed.

D.O bent over to take the gun back and froze when he saw a panicked Sehun trying to come out of hiding. His glare returned and Sehun gave him a meek smile. He waved. “Heh, hi,” he said. He quickly came out and pretended to dust the dust off his clothes. “Well, the bed seems clean,” he hastily said, trying to make it sound as though he was merely checking the condition, rather than hiding.

D.O, however, was not such a Dim-witted Object after all. He glowered at the maknae and backed him up toward the wall. He pointed the gun toward him. “This is what you get for throwing books in my face and on my stomach to wake me up. Prepare to die!” He pulled on the trigger.

“Hyung, shireo!” Sehun cried, closing his eyes. I’m going to die. I’m never going to another girl. I’m never going to get my G-strings. Goodbye, cruel world.

BAM!

Sehun closed his eyes and waited for the painful and searing impact of the bullet to hit him. But it never did.

Am I dead already? That was fast!

He opened his eyes and saw bubbles coming out from the gun. D.O was smiling and the others, even Suho, were snickering. Sehun couldn’t believe this. He felt fooled.

“Yah! You pabo! You tricked me!” he whined. “That’s not a real gun — that’s a stupid bubble gun!” He began hurling books in all direction, to which all four of hyungs were able to deflect naturally.

Finally when they were calmed down, they turned to Suho who sat down and began to explain things to them.

When he was done, a moment of silence was emitted into the air.

“What does this mean for us now, hyung?” Baekhyun asked, finally breaking the silence. “You said you and Exo-M’s leader have to constantly see each other because now the only place where the two of you are going to watch the Game is in the Hall.” He turned to look at his friends. “What about the rest of us? Don’t we get to see what’s happening in the Game? Are we to be left out?”

That was what they were afraid. So, in the Games, each representative is allowed to see each other. But what about the others who are not playing?

Suho shook his head. “No, you’ll be watching the Game in the Hall as well.”

“I don’t recall having a television in Exo-K’s corner in the Hall,” D.O said, remembering that the Hall was so big that it was split into three parts—Exo-K’s corner, the Hall where the leaders meet and where Minions overseas the Game, and Exo-M’s corner at the opposite end of Exo-K’s corner. “Did you guys install a television there?”

“No. It’s time Exo-K’s representatives officially meet Exo-M’s representatives.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe! Exo-M and Exo-K have to meet up! ._.

Poor Sehun xDD