Talking about the Dance

The Heartbreaker's Game

Lu Han’s POV

I frowned when I saw her with that Zico dude, especially with the way he was holding her. Why is he here? And why does he have his hands on my girl? But he didn’t look too happy to see me and Kris there.

Eun Hae looked back and forth between Kris and I. “You guys are brothers?” she asked me, tilting her head. Gosh, she’s so cute when she does that!

I smiled and pinched her cheeks. I took her hand. “Come on, jagiya,” I said. “I’m lonely at home, with the exception of my brother.” I kissed her long and deep. I looked up to Zico who scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Don’t think you can do anything,” I told him. “She’s already mine.”

I knew that I was lying so I was very grateful when Eun Hae didn’t object. I dragged her away. Once I was sure Zico was out of sight, I turned to her. “Are. You. Crazy?” I asked her, shaking her.

She struggled against me. “No,” she replied. She looked at Kris. “Um, your brother is watching us, Lu Han.”

I sighed. “Stay away from Zico.”

“Why? Jealous?”

“Yes.”

She seemed surprised to hear that. But then she turned to my ‘brother’. She smiled. “It’s nice to meet you,” she said sincerely. “I’m Eun Hae. Don’t think that he’s my boyfriend because he’s not. He’s just pretending. For what reasons, I really have no idea why.”

Kris smiled. “I think it’s because he doesn’t want to share such a pretty girl like you with the whole world. He wants to keep you all to himself,” he replied.

She blushed. “Anniyo, I’m not pretty,” she replied.

I put my arms around her and we walked home. “By the way, did I mention that he’ll be staying with us?”

She stopped in her tracks. “But we don’t have space in the apartment, not with you in the guest room.”

“Sure we do,” Kris replied, shrugging casually as he butted into our conversation. “I’ll sleep in the guest room and the both of you can sleep in your room.” I threw a withering look at him and Eun Hae turned to me, blushing. He shrugged and just grinned sloppily. “What? If you don’t like, I guess that I could always move down to a motel or —” he started to say.

“No, no,” Eun Hae blurted out, “sure, that’s fine. I mean, really. It’s not like we don’t sleep with each other most of the time, anyway so —” She realized what she just said and if Kris doesn’t know what she was really saying, he might think the wrong thing.

Kris chuckled. “You’re a funny girl.”

I am honestly surprised at how friendly he was being toward Eun Hae. I thought he was going to be cold and distant, aloof and all, like he normally was.

She looked down as we stepped inside the lift. “Um, I’m sorry,” she said sheepishly, “but I don’t know your name.”

Kris smirked. “I’m Yi Fan, Lu Han’s brother,” he replied. “He’s older than me but I act more mature.”

Eun Hae giggled and I glared at him. But I wondered why he chose to use his Chinese name while introducing himself to her.

Eun Hae smiled at him. “You and Lu Han sure seem alike,” she said and I could have choked on my own saliva. I turned to stare at her in disbelief but she ignored me and went on saying, “I mean, you guys have the same sounding names, and it looks like good looks run in the family.”

I raised an eyebrow, startled. This was the first time she said anything about how I look — in a good way.

Kris gave her a lopsided smirk. “You think that my brother and I are hot?” he asked her bluntly.

She blushed when she realized what she just said. “Ah, well,” she flustered, looking down. She looked at me and shot me a helpless look.

I threw my arms around her and pulled her close. “I’m glad you think so, babe,” I said huskily into her ears.

Her face went red as she pushed me away. “Uh, anyway . . .” She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

“Achoo!”

Both pair of eyes turned to me and I smiled sheepishly at them.

“Achoo!” I sneezed again.

Eun Hae was automatically by my side. She cupped my face and looked up to me with her worried eyes. “Are you okay?” she asked.

Above her head, I could see Kris smirking as he turned and went inside what used to be my room, leaving us alone. I knew what he was trying to say: Ask her to the dance now or else I’ll have some parts chopped off.

“I’m okay,” I said quickly.

She led me to the sofa and sat down next to me. “Are you sure?”

I nodded. “Don’t worry about me, I’m fine,” I told her. “Achoo!” I sighed. I better not be getting the cold now. I looked at her and saw that she was looking at me. “Really.”

She nodded. “All right.” She paused. “What powers does your brother have?” she wanted to know.

“He can fly,” I told her.

dropped opened. “Are you serious?”

I nodded.

“What’s his second power?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know,” I said thoughtfully, scratching my chin. “I mean, not many of us know each other’s second power. We believe that it might be easier during battle.” But then I sighed. “Of course, my power is useless in battle. I mean, if there was someone who could make the enemy fall asleep, then maybe I can make that person dream that he’s killing himself.”

She shuddered.

I looked at her. “Sorry, did I scare you?” I asked.

“A little,” she admitted. She sighed and leaned her head against my shoulder. “Why is your brother here?”

“Well, I think he’s here to check up on me,” I replied, putting my arms around her. “I mean, I’ve been away from home for three weeks and all.”

“This is too weird,” she mumbled. “So many aliens coming down to Earth and I have to be the one who sees them.”

“Are you saying that you want us gone?”

“No, I did not say that. I just find it weird that suddenly so many aliens are coming down to Planet Earth. What’s next? Wolves? Vampires? Fairies?” she grimaced.

“Err, Eun Hae, I’m sorry to disappoint but this isn’t Twilight, in case you haven’t noticed,” I told her. I quickly turned aaway from her and covered my nose. “Achoo!”

She looked at me with a frown. She placed her palm on my neck. “Are you sure you’re not catching a cold?” she asked. She handed me a roll of paper perched on the coffee table. “You seem to be sneezing quite a lot.”

“I’m — achoo! — fine,” I managed. I blew my nose. I looked up to see there was a crack at the door. Something blinked and I stopped myself from screaming when I realized that Kris was watching us. I sighed inwardly, shaking my head slightly. Goodness, that guy gave me such a fright!

I looked up to see him mouthing, “Ask her to the dance!” before he closed the door shut again. But I knew he would be listening. Radar ears, after all. We all have them.

I looked at Eun Hae who was texting with Daeseul before she tucked her phone back into her pocket. Then my eyes landed on the flyer on the table. I bent over to pick it up. “I’m curious,” I spoke up.

“Curious about what?” she shot back.

“Well, they said that you can invite friends and family to join,” I said, reading from the flyer. “Is this like, I don’t know, some charity dance?”

She nodded. “It’s sort of like a fundraiser, to raise money for better facilities in the school and such,” she explained. She looked at me. “Why are you so curious about some human dance?”

“Who are you planning to go with?” I asked casually. “I mean, a pretty girl like you isn’t going alone, right?”

She blushed. “My cousin brother, Changjo,” she mumbled, looking down. I noticed that she was fiddling with her thumbs. “I mean, I always go with him.”

“Don’t you have any other choices?”

“Uh . . . no, not really,” she said slowly.

I knew that it would be a bad idea if I mentioned any of B.A.P’s names. She would probably end up hitting me on my shoulder. “What about Kai?” I asked her.

She shook her head firmly. “No, not him either,” she replied resolutely. “I’m not asking Kai Oppa to the dance and I am not going on anymore dates with him.” She looked as though something happened to make her say this.

I wonder why.

“Why not?”

She shrugged. “I just don’t see him in that way,” she replied. She looked at me and she just shrugged again.

I knew she didn’t want to tell me and I didn’t want to push my luck to ask her and decided to let it go. I’ll ask sometime soon but right now, I’ve got a more important thing to ask her: if she wants to go to her school’s annual dance with me.

I took her hand in mine and she glanced up to look at me, blinking innocently. I took a deep breath. “What about me?” I asked softly. “Do you want to go to the dance with me? You and I never had a real date before.”

She looked surprised that I would even ask her. “I – I – uh —” she stammered. She shook her head and blinked. She looked cute when she did that; it made me smile. Then she broke into a smile. “Sure,” she replied.

“Really?”

She nodded.

I leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips. Even though we weren’t together, it feels as though we were.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

Omo, he asked me to the dance!

He asked me to go to the dance with him!

He asked me out on a date!

Our very first date!

When he pulled apart, he smiled at me. I smiled back at him. He hugged me and I hugged him back.

“Achoo!”

I laughed. “Way to ruin the moment.”

He grinned. “So we were having a ‘moment’ now, were we?” he asked.

I rolled my eyes and got up. “I need to change. I have to get to work. You, be good, and stay here. Entertain your brother. Take him out and such.” I looked at him and smiled secretly to himself. He asked me to the dance.

Does this mean he likes me too?

 

Daehyun’s POV

Zelo and Jongup burst into our room and we looked up, sighing. “Seriously, do you guys know how to knock?” Youngjae asked.

Zelo waved a flyer in his hands. “The dance is coming up!” he exclaimed. “You wanna go?”

“I’m not going to go to the dance as your date,” Youngjae replied, not looking up from his opened science textbook he was reading for pleasure reading.

What a nerd.

The maknae whacked his head. “I’m not asking you to be my date, you stupid,” he scoffed, folding his arms, his wild curls flying. “Who’d date you?”

“Yah!” Youngjae found that offensive and looked up. Jongup sniggered.

I looked at the flyer. “Will Eun Hae be there?”

Jongup nodded. “She should be going. This is her last year so there is no way she would want to miss this. Besides, every year, Changjo forces her to go to the dance with him,” he replied.

I looked up. “We’re going.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a dilemma. You see, when I first started this fic, I thought it'd end around chapter 60 like that. As you can see, it's at chapter fifty-eight now and I have JUST crossed what should be the half-way line of the story. I'm worried this might take up to ninety chapters or more?

Especially since now you guys wanted more Zico, I had came up with a BRILIANT idea for him in this fic, but that'll take extra chapters. And well, like I said. I'm worried it'll go up to ninety. Maybe even hundred. Are you guys okay with it? Or are you guys getting tired?