The Dragon is Here

The Heartbreaker's Game

Suho glared at Kris. “No way! You can’t go!”

“Why not? The rules said a member,” Kris pointed out calmly, totally unfazed by his outburst. “They didn’t say that the leader can’t go as well.”

Minion 894 nodded. “It’s true,” it squeaked.

Suho glowered at him and it shrank behind Sehun who protectively put his arms around him to make sure he’s safe. “Hyung, you’re scaring it!”

“It’s not supposed to retaliate,” Suho snapped.

“It’s supposed to tell us the rules and it did,” Kris retorted. “So I’ll be going down to keep an eye on them.”

“But why? You have nothing to worry about. He’s winning her heart!” Tao exclaimed, bouncing in his seat. “Ge, I wanna go! Please! Let me go, I promise I will be good.”

“No.”

Tao’s eyes narrowed as Kris got up.

“He’s going to do aegyo,” XiuMin muttered under his breath and the other Exo-M members nodded. “Duizhang never says no whenever he does his aegyo on him.”

“Last time,” Chen said to the members of Exo-K, “Tao was broke, like really flat-out broke, but he wanted a Gucci. He asked duizhang to buy for him but duizhang said no. Tao, of course, was upset. So he used his aegyo on him.”

Lay laughed. “Duizhang ended up buying three Gucci bags for him.”

“Wow, that’s a lot.” D.O’s eyes bugged out. “He must be very broke by the end of the day.”

Tao nodded. “And gained a happy Tao.”

Kris rolled his eyes. “I’m out of here before he uses aegyo on me,” he muttered and quickly left. “Chen, I trust you to be in charge.”

“Yah, I’m the oldest!” XiuMin protested, offended by his choice of leader. “Shouldn’t I be the one who is in charge of Exo-M while you’re gone?”

“I can honestly say that Tao is a lot more mature than you are.”

“Yah!”

Kris darted a look at Tao who blinked innocently at him. He paused. No, I’m not going to change my mind. He turned to leave.

“Gege,” Tao whined.

Kris stuck his fingers into his ears and walked off. “Lalala,” he sang out loudly, covering the surrounding noise. He ran to the pothole and quickly pressed all the buttons.

Tao chased after him. “Bbuing, bbuing! No fair! I wanna go!” he pouted.

But Kris had already disappeared. He closed his eyes so that the blurry vision wouldn’t give him a headache. When he opened his eyes, he was in Eun Hae’s apartment, and saw Lu Han lazing about on the couch, flipping through a book. He frowned. Isn’t he supposed to be with her all the time?

“Hi.”

Lu Han jumped. “Duizhang! What are you doing here?” he asked, startled, dropping the book onto the floor. “Omo! The pages are gonna get crumpled! Eun Hae doesn’t like it when pages get crumpled. Aish!” He bent over to pick it up, trying to straighten the pages. He looked back up to Kris who had an eyebrow raised.

“Seriously?”

“What?” He tried to flatten the pages. He looked at Kris. “What are you doing here, anyway?” he asked.

Kris lazily plopped himself down on the couch and smiled comfortably. “The camera battery is dead so I’m here to watch over you,” he told him casually.

Lu Han eyed him suspiciously. “But I thought you were supposed to send a member over,” he wondered.

“I did send a member.” He pointed at himself. “Me.” He shrugged.

Lu Han gaped at him. “You’re kidding.”

He shook his head and lifted his head up to his friend. “I never kid,” he replied seriously.

“That’s true,” Lu Han muttered. “You wouldn’t know how to have fun if it slapped you right in the face.”

“Yah.” Kris glared at him. “If you were Tao or XiuMin, I would have cut your balls and throw it to the Minions to eat by now. Be lucky that I actually can stand you and count your blessings.”

“But why you?” Lu Han asked incredulously.

“I’m a member of Exo-M, too. There aren’t any rules saying that the leader can’t come down as well. We just never thought of it.”

Of all people, why must it be dui zhang? Lu Han thought glumly. I hoped that it would either be XiuMin or Lay! Even Tao, however annoying he is, would have been better than dui zhang!

This is going to be tough, with him monitoring my moves all the time and telling me what to do.

Kris looked at him. “I want to know why it’s taking you so long to her already. It doesn’t made any sense. You can do better than this. It’s been three weeks and you’re still in the kissing stage. Normally you’d would be working your way into breaking her heart now after sleeping with her. Why is it taking you so long this round?”

“Not every girl works the same way,” he mumbled. “It’s not my fault that it’s taking me a long time.”

“It is, actually.”

Lu Han looked up to Kris defiantly. “Dui zhang, this time it’s different. I just can’t use the same tactic I’ve been using on girls previously.”

“Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for her,” Kris scoffed.

“Of course not!” he cried out indignantly. “Why do everyone keep saying that?”

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing,” he hastily replied. He couldn’t let Kris know that Lay had came down to visit him the night before. He looked at Kris. “Anyway, dui zhang, with all due respect, you are the one who chose her for me. Wouldn’t that account for something on your fault as well?” he asked, trying to keep his tone of voice as polite as possible.

Kris decided to ignore that. “Okay, so, what is your plan?”

“I don’t know,” Lu Han admitted truthfully, earning a hard look from his leader. He shrugged. “Well, going with the flow seems to be working.”

“Yeah, working really slow.” Kris sighed. He sat up. “Okay, here’s the plan,” he said, holding out a flyer he had picked up from the coffee table. Lu Han saw that it was a flyer about the dance. “You are going to take her to this dance,” Kris was saying and Lu Han turned his attention back to him. “There you will dance with her and then kiss her. You’re going to end the night by asking her to be your girlfriend. Confess your so-called ‘undying love’ for her in a way that she will have to say yes.”

Lu Han sighed. “The dance is next week. I thought you said that I was being so slow?”

“So act lovey-dovey with her to make her fall harder this week that way when you ask her, she wouldn’t be able to resist saying no.”

He grimaced. He had a good plan and a good point. It might just work. He sighed. Maybe having Kris around to monitor him wouldn’t be so bad after all.

Speaking of which . . .

“Wait. Where are you going to be staying?”

Kris looked around the apartment, thinking thoughtfully. Then he pointed to Lu Han’s bedroom. “I think I’ll take over there for the time being,” he replied.

“But that’s my room!” he protested.

Kris shrugged, not seeing the big problem. “Yeah, but you spend most of your nights sleeping with her, right? Why not move in with her entirely?”

“That’s an invasion of her space and privacy.”

“Please. Since when did you care as long as you get to spend every night in bed with her?” Kris smirked. “Of course, that is, unless you want me to sleep with her.” He laughed. “You know that I’d probably end up her. I can’t control myself whenever I’m with a hot, y girl.”

Lu Han scowled, not liking the way he was talking about Eun Hae. “I’ll stay with her,” he grumbled. He hated how Kris was usually right and that almost everything he said made perfectly good sense.

Kris looked around the apartment. “Where is she? Shouldn’t you be keeping tabs on her or something? What if she goes off with Kai?” he demanded to know.

“She’s in school,” he replied. “She sees Kai later at work, but I know she doesn’t like him in that way.” He looked at the mantel clock. “It’s almost two. Her school should be ending soon.”

Kris gestured toward the girl. “So why are you still standing around here? Go pick her up from school like a true gentleman you’re supposed to act like.”

Lu Han rolled his eyes. “You’re so bossy.”

Kris frowned. “You know,” he started to say, his clear and smooth chin, “you’re the only one I know who dares to insult me from Exo-M. I would have had killed the others by now if they dare even talk back to me.”

“Achoo!” Lu Han sneezed in reply. He rubbed his nose. “Achoo!”

He eyed him warily. “You’re not catching a cold now, are you?” he asked him.

“Achoo! No.” He blinked, his nose now red. Lu Han was known for catching a cold easily but this was not a good time to get sick. “Okay, I really — achoo! — gotta go now.”

Kris’ frown deepened as Lu Han continued with his sneeze attacks. “Yah, you better take a coat with yo in case the sneezing gets worse,” he said. He may be tough and sometimes harsh, but deep down he really cared for his friends. They were all like a family to him. In fact, they were the only family that Kris has got left. “Oh, and tell her that I’m your brother so she won’t be suspicious or anything about the Game.”

“Mmm-hmmm.” Lu Han waved his hands and his coat came flying toward his direction. He caught it easily and slipped it on his shoulders. “Bye!”

Kris sighed heavily the moment he left. “If he catches a cold before the dance, he’ll never be able to ask her out. And then we are going to have to improvise on the plans and I really dislike improvising. . . . Just to make sure, I better follow.”

 

Eun Hae’s POV

As soon as the last bell rang, signalling for the end of school for the day, I gathered my stuff and scurried out of the door. I did not want to spend another minute in that classroom, breathing the same air which Yongguk breathed in. But, I was glad that I was back in school. Changjo was waiting for me outside the door. The two of us walked out of school together. Daeseul joined us soon after.

Changjo put his arms around me. “Do you want to go to the fance with that guy you live with?” he asked. “What’s his name again, Lu Han?”

I glared at Daeseul. “You told him.”

She shrugged and smiled. “I’m just doing you a favour.”

I rolled my eyese. “No, Changie, it’s okay. I will go with you.” He shrugged and walked off, leaving Daeseul and I. Just then, I bumped into someone. “Omo, mianhae,” I automatically apologized. I looked up to see who I had bumped into. I blushed. “Zico-sshi!”

Zico blinked and tilted his head, smiling down at the both of us. “Hi there, Eun Hae,” he said. He turned to Daeseul. “Jaehyo hyung is waiting for you in the car.” Daeseul nodded and gave me a wink before she skipped to the car, leaving the two of us alone.

Zico smiled warmly at me. He took my hand and pulled me close. “Last night was great. Too bad we were interrupted. But I guess we can finish it now, huh? I do not care if you have a boyfriend. You started something last night, and now you are going to finish it.” He closed his eyes and puckered his lips.

My eyes widened as he leaned down to kiss me on the lips.

“Ahem.”

We jumped just as his lips briefly touched mine. I turned and saw Lu Han standing in front of me with raised eyebrows. I blushed, looking down.

“Wow, Lu Han,” a new and unfamiliar voice said.

I looked up to see someone standing behind Lu Han. My mouth dropped opened when I got a better look at the guy. He was drop-dead gorgeous!

Lu Han smiled thinly and said, “This is my brother.”

His . . . brother?

 

Zico’s POV

Damn the interruption.

I will have to do better than this if I wanna have her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya! Kris is here! And Zico too! ^^

Uggghh, I'm so sorry, you guys. I've been slacking in my updates for this story @.@ Blame my friend to making me addicted to Armies of Magic on Facebook.

Okay, on my way to fight some goblins xD