Wait, What?

The Heartbreaker's Game

Lu Han’s POV

Silly girl.

When she shouted at me to leave, she seemed so livid so I thought I should give her one day off without me. Of course, I still needed to make sure that she was okay, that Yongguk or anyone doesn’t try doing anything funny with her so I just turned invisible instead. That way, she would think I’ve gone off and I get to keep an eye on her.

I waited for her in the living room. Finally she came out, wearing her school uniform. “Lu Han?” she called out but I didn’t answer and I did not let her see me.

Frowning, she strode over to my room and opened the white door. I followed silently after her. I couldn’t see her face expression as her back was turned to me but she was peering inside the empty room. I’d cleaned up before I turned invisible.

Was it my imagination but did her shoulders just slouched with disappointment?

She thought I was gone and she seemed disappointed! Happiness filled me up with that thought. But, then again, if she’d walked over to my cupboard and open its door, she would find my tiny luggage sitting on the bottom of the cupboard, waiting for her to find it.

Instead she turned around and I saw the upset look on her face.

Oh dear.

Is she worried about me? Is she sad that she ‘drove me away’?

I backed away as she exited my room. Wordlessly, she grabbed her bag and walked out of the apartment. I decided to follow her to school. What if she met Yongguk or some erted along the way? I needed to make sure that she’s safe.

On the way to school, I heard her muttering to herself, “Stupid alien.” She kicked a pebble and it rolled down the pavement. “Where is he?” She paused before smacking herself on the forehead with her palm. “Wait, what am I saying? I should be happy that he’s gone!”

I smiled smugly. Ah, so she was thinking about me. It looks like I’ve made rather a big impression on her.

Just then she stopped by at a coffee shop where a girl wearing the same uniform came out, holding two cups of coffee. I presumed that was her friend. I followed them, keeping a distance so they wouldn’t hear my footsteps, but closely enough to be able to hear what they were talking about.

They were talking about how her friend tried to set her up with someone and now she’s trying to do the same. For some weird reason, I felt . . . anger . . . burning up inside of me at the thought of Eun Hae going out with some other guy. And it wasn’t because I had to make her mine for the purpose of the Game, but just because I didn’t feel comfortable thinking about it.

I was . . . I don’t know.

I looked up and saw Eun Hae looked reluctant to agree to her friend’s plan. That cheered me up slightly. I wonder if she was thinking about me as she hesitated while her friend continued to beg.

Damn, her friend is so annoying.

But then she sighed. “I’ll think about it,” she told her friend and her friend hugged her. Judging from the tone of her voice and her facial expression, she only said that to appease her friend — not that she really wants to out on a date with someone she doesn’t know and haven’t met.

I smiled, feeling happy that I could dance.

That was, until I saw Yongguk and Himchan loitering outside the school gates.

I scowled. I did not trust them, nor do I like them. They might try do something funny to Yuri again. So I turned myself visible just for them to see me. When they looked up, they saw Eun Hae and smirked. But then Himchan’s gaze landed on me and I glowered at him. His face went pale and he nudged Yongguk.

Yongguk looked up and saw me. I expected him to glower at me but instead, his eyes widened with fear and he grabbed Himchan by the hand before running away. I smiled and turned myself fully invisible again.

Her friend and Eun Hae were confused.

Of course, they didn’t know I was stalking them.

They separated and I followed Eun Hae as she made her way to class. Just as she walked inside class, her phone went off. As she answered it while walking over to her seat, I just glanced around. She should be safe here.

I stepped aside to let students walk in, keeping my eyes solely on Eun Hae as I stood in the corner, near the door. I was just about to leave, thinking that she would be safe and all when suddenly Himchan walked inside.

I tensed up.

What the hell is he doing here?

The teacher came in not too long after and lesson started. He glanced around the class. “Now, many of you are wondering why Himchan is here instead of Yongguk. Due to some, er, unfortunate events, Yongguk was caught doing a felony so in punishment, he is suspended for a week. So Himchan had so politely offered to take his place while he was gone. So please, do not give him a hard time and respect him just as you had respected Yongguk.”

Huh.

I decided to stay, making sure Himchan behaves. And, of course, I decided to have a little fun with him to teach him a lesson. The teacher handed Himchan a stack papers and asked him to hand it out in class. As he began walking around class, handing the papers to each student, I scanned around the place and saw a pen on one student’s desk. Himchan was nearing his table, but his head was looking at the paper.

I swiped the air and the pen rolled off the desk just as Himchan walked passed his table, stopping to give the paper to the boy. He moved forward, stepping on the pen —

And then he slipped, falling to the ground on his with a loud thud, making the papers he was holding in hands to scatter about.

The teacher looked up and frowned. I smirked, leaning against the wall as the students all covered their mouths to keep from laughing. Eun Hae covered up her laugh with a cough. Himchan, his face crimson red, picked the pen up and stood up. He gave the pen back to the student who snickered a ‘sorry’.

“Himchan, please pick the remaining papers up and finish handing it out to the rest of the class,” the teacher said in an annoyed voice.

“Yes, Sir, I will,” Himchan muttered, embarrassed. He quickly collected the scattered papers back and distributed them all to the other students who haven’t received the papers just yet.

The teacher said as soon as Himchan came back out to the desk, “As you can see written in the papers Himchan just gave you, is a letter to your parents informing them that the annual dance is coming up.”

There was suddenly an uproar in class as everyone started to chat away excitedly about this dance. I glanced over at Eun Hae who had a thoughtful look on her face. I wonder who she will go to the dance with, and how she would look like in a pretty dress.

Beautiful, I bet.

I shook my head as inappropriate images of her appeared in my mind.

“When will it be?” a girl asked.

“Two months from now,” the teacher replied. Then he got the I-have-a-sneaky-plan-and-you-have-no-choice-but-to-follow-it-because-I-am-the-teacher. “And, well, it is not compulsory for all of you to go, but it would be better if you could.”

“And why’s that?” some dude scoffed.

I can tell he didn’t want to go.

The teacher just folded his arms across his chest with a smile. “This will count in your final results,” he replied and I had to shake my head at his bribery.

“That’s blackmail!” a guy protested and all those who were already planning not to come agreed and began to voice out their discontent.

He shrugged. “Take it or leave it.”

I glanced over at Eun Hae, who still looked thoughtful, slowly daydreaming away, sending the class’ noise into the background. I wonder what she was thinking about.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

I blew Daeseul off at lunch time again for the stupid report and headed my way to the library to do it. Daeseul would be mad at me. I’ve blown her off for so many times this week, just because of the stupid report I had to write about. But I as I set down on an empty table, wondering what I should continue with the report, nothing came up. My mind was blank. Okay, well, no, it wasn’t blank. But I couldn’t concentrate on my work. I checked my time. Only five minutes has passed. Really, is that it? It felt like the entire lunch period.

Where is Lu Han?

I decided to push it aside and concentrated. When the bell rang for the end of lunch, I packed my stuff. I was going to work. Daeseul should be walking back by now. Her lunch break ends at one.

I walked there by myself, looking down. I sighed. Where could that guy be?

Then suddenly I couldn’t move. Instead, I was forced to turn around — and saw Lu Han standing before me. Before I could even think twice, I ran to him and threw my arms gleefully around him.

“Lu Han! You’re back!” I sang out.

Wait. Oh, .

I pulled back and saw him smirking. I scowled and slapped his chest. “Yah, where the hell were you?” I pouted. “I was worried about you!” No, no, was not supposed to say that. Great, now he is going to think that I am some clingy girlfriend or something and we are not even together. gah! Stupid stupid stupid!

He arched an eyebrow. “You were worried about me? Awww, really? I didn’t think that you would. I thought you’d be happy if I was gone.” Jerk. He laughed. “Silly girl. I was never gone. Why do you think Yongguk looked so scared this morning and why Himchan tripped in class?” He had a sparkle in his eyes.

I groaned, facepalming. “You idiot!” I screeched and began hitting him again. But his reflexes were good so he grabbed my wrists. “Yah, let me go!”

But he pulled me close again and he leaned down, our foreheads touching. He grasped my chin and made me look up to him. The cockiness in his eyes disappeared. In fact, he looked sincere. “I’m sorry,” he murmured, gently brushing my cheek softly and I shivered slightly at his warm touch. “Did I worry you?”

I softened and sighed. “Yeah, I was worried about you,” I admitted.

He tweaked my nose and I giggled. He smiled. “I’m not done messing with you yet,” he replied teasingly. “So I’m staying for awhile.”

I shook my head but personally, I was happy that he wasn’t gone. I hugged him and he hugged me back. I smiled even wider. It felt like I fit right in his arms —

Smack yourself for thinking such thoughts with an alien!

I pulled back, blushing. “Uh, erm, you know,” I said hesitantly as we reached the entrance of the coffee shop, “I’m going to work.”

“I’ll just wander around then. You have fun at work.” He kissed my temple.

I frowned, crestfallen. “You’re not turning invisible?”

He smiled and shook his head. “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere.” He hesitated before giving me a light peck on the lips. “I’ll see you soon.” And then he walked off, waving.

I smiled before going inside the coffee shop. “Boss! I’m here!”

“Good! Help the new staff with the washing dishes at the back,” my boss told me as he went to find someone else to boss about.

Shrugging, I went to the back. I didn’t know we had a new staff. When I went to the kitchen, I saw a guy standing over the sink. He had black, tousled hair and he was whistling to an unfamiliar tune as I approached him. “Hi, I’m here to help you,” I said cheerfully, putting rubber gloves on. “I’m from the evening shift. I’m Eun Hae.”

“Hi, I work in the morning shifts.” He turned and I had to gasp. Wow, he was really good-looking! He looked at me and blinked a couple of times. He gave me a warm smile as he held out a soapy hand.

“I’m Kai.”

 

Kai’s POV

Whoa, whoa. Back up. This feeling I’m feeling around her is strange. With Daeseul, it was fuzzy. But with her . . . well, it was like fireworks.

Why do I feel as though I just met the girl whose heart I’m supposed to break?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hurrrr.

Hi :D *reads chapter*

My gosh, what a twist! :PP