She Gets The Guy I Don't Want

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

My two weeks of ‘missing’ school is up. It was the second Sunday already. Tomorrow I was able to go back to school. I was so excited. Changjo and Ricky made me a meal and I really enjoyed it. I know that I’m going to sound like a nerd, but I really can’t wait to get back to class. Even though I may not be the brightest person in class, I still try. Failing just made me even more determined.

Haha! This is going to be hilarious! My teachers will think that I will be far behind in my lesson so I know that they would be surprised to see that I was actually at the same wave-length as the other students.

And it was all thanks to Lu Han, really.

And I was really glad that he decided to drop the whole issue about Youngjae and Daehyun. But for some reason, I keep getting calls and messages from them. I know it’s them because they told me who they were. The question is, how on earth do they know my number? Only Kai, Daeseul, Lu Han Changjo, Aunty Yu Jun and Ricky know my number. They wouldn’t tell them. And Lu Han doesn’t have a phone so there was no point in giving him my number.

The night before I go back to school, I walked out of my room to the living room after I had finish packing all my stuff for the next day in school. Lu Han looked up when he saw me approaching him and closed the book he was reading shut.

He put it aside and smiled at me as I sat down next to him. He reached his hand out and grabbed mine. “Are you excited for tomorrow?” he asked.

I nodded. “Thank you,” I said sincerely.

“What for?”

I shrugged and smiled. “Well, if you hadn’t been taping those lessons from me, I would be so behind my work. So, really, thank you,” I explained.

He tweaked my nose and smiled. “It’s no problem, really. I wanted to do it and that was what I did. And I promised you, right?” He looked at me. “How are things with you and Kai?” he wanted to know.

I laughed at his sudden randomness. “Why do you sound as though you’re jealous of what Kai Oppa and I have?” I lightly.

He raised an eyebrow. “So you guys have something?” he wanted to know. “Like what, huh?” He leaned forward in anticipation.

I flicked his head and he leaned back, groaning in pain. “Yah, don’t think such thoughts!” I laughed. “There is nothing going on between me and Kai Oppa. We just went out on one date, that’s all!”

He looked at me. “Are you sure?”

I nodded. “I’m positive.”

He nodded. “All right.” He took my head and positioned me until I was leaning on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my temple before he continued to read the book he was reading.

I looked up to him and smiled. “You know, this feels as though you and I are a couple or something,” I said.

He smirked. “We can be a couple if you want. In fact, we can be closer than that,” he said and gave me a wink. He leaned forward and gave me a tiny kiss on my neck that made me shiver from contact.

Usually I would have whacked him and be totally disgusted by his crude words, but these days I’ve gone soft. I’d just laugh with him and kid back with him but I would never ever jump into his pants.

My phone went off. I got a text from Daeseul. I flipped my phone opened and read the text. I blinked before removing myself from his grip and walked over to the coat hanger, grabbing my coat.

Lu Han looked up. “Whoa, where’s the fire?” he asked.

“I’ll be right back! I’ll be at Daeseul’s house,” I replied and rushed out of the building and ran and ran until I reached her house. I rang the doorbell. Her step-brother (her parents are divorced and her dad remarried), Jaehyo, opened it for me. “Annyeong, Eun Hae-sshi. What are you doing here?”

I was actually hoping that he wouldn’t be the one who answered the door. I don’t know why but his cold appearance made me a little bit intimidated by him. He scared me in a way. He was very quiet and doesn’t like to talk much, like a brooder.

But since he answered the door, Daeseul must be somewhere and their parents must be out on a little holiday. Their parents were really in love that they would occasionally leave their kids just so they could go on a holiday and spent some time together. Since Jaehyo was old enough and Daeseul could take care of herself, they weren’t too worried about them. And they weren’t worried about whether or not they would quarrel was because although Jaehyo was the cold, silent type and Daeseul was the complete opposite of him, he and Daeseul got along fairly well.

Opposite attracts, I guess?

But the two of them weren’t as close as Changjo and I were (well, Jaehyo is quiet). They were, like, the exact opposite of each other. While Daeseul is fun and giggly, Jaehyo was . . . not fun since I always assumed that he doesn’t go out much, and he doesn’t talk.

“Annyeong, Jaehyo-sshi,” I said breathlessly, trying to catch my breath. The last time I ran this hard was . . . well, a very long time ago. I was out of practice and very rusty. “Daeseul told me to come.” I looked around. “She sounded really . . . I don’t know, not like her in her text that she sent to me.”

He nodded and stepped aside to let me in. “She’s in her room.” He grimaced. “Mind you, she’s jumping up and down, grinning like a little idiot.”

That was probably the longest sentence he had ever said to me in all the years I’ve known him — which wasn’t too long, to be honest. I just never really bothered to pay attention to him.

“Do you know why?” I asked.

He just shrugged, indicating that he wasn’t going to offer any more. I sighed in inward frustration toward him before I ran up the stairs. I knew where she was so the moment I was on the first floor, I swerved sharply to my right and walked to the only door. I twisted the doorknob with entering and froze.

Daeseul was jumping up and down, grinning like an idiot.

I leaned against the doorway, smiling. It looked as though her step-brother was right about her grinning and jumping up and down like an idiot. “Well,” I drawled casually and she stopped. I grinned. “It looks like your brother was right about you jumping up and down like an idiot, grinning as well.” I chuckled.

She looked up at me and beamed. “Omo! I’m so sorry. Jaehyo Oppa opened the door for you, then?” she giggled.

I raised an eyebrow as I came inside her room and sat on her purple bed. This does not sound like the tomboy girl I know. Something great must have had happened. “So, what happened? Why do you sound so happy? Why are you so happy?” I looked at her. “And why are you dressed so nicely?”

She smiled. “I had a date. Just came back.”

I laughed. “Omo, chincha?” I asked with glee. “Finally! But with who?”

She looked down. “Uh, I hope you don’t mind, actually,” she confessed. “But I went on a date with Kai Oppa.” She looked guilty. “I’m sorry, do you like him? If you say that you do, then I’ll just —”

“Whoa, whoa, back up,” I said holding a hand out. “You went on a date with Kai Oppa? The Kai Oppa whom you tried to set me up with?”

She nodded.

I burst out laughing. “I don’t believe this!” I walked over to her and hugged her. “Do you like him, Daeseul?”

She looked confused. “But . . . I thought the two of you went out together?” she asked me. “Don’t you like him?”

I rolled my eyes. “How many times have I told you that he reminds me of Changjo and that you were a better fit in my place?” I .

“So you really don’t mind the idea?”

I will be honest.

I was jealous.

And confused.

I mean, he asked me out on a date. Before that, he kissed me. But now he asked my best friend out on a date? What is he playing at? Daeseul looked so happy and I knew that she has a crush on him now.

But does he like her back?

What about me?

I shook my head slightly, making sure that Daeseul wasn’t looking. I shouldn’t be feeling like this. I had told her right from the start that I wasn’t interested in him. I have no right to say anything about this now. Daeseul should be happy too. So I shook my head. “I’m okay with it.” I smiled.

Besides, I’ve got Lu Han.

Whoa, there, girl. The two of you are not even dating. What do you mean by that? a voice said in my mind.

Oh, shut up, another said.

Daeseul sighed with relief. “I was so worried that you might hate me because I had tried to set you up with him only to see that I was the one who should be with him.”

I nodded. “I’m not mad at you, Daeseul. And I can never hate you for doing something that you couldn’t control. I guess it was meant to happen.”

She nodded.

“So, tell me, you lucky princess,” I said after watching her prance about her room for four times in a row. She turned to me. “How did the date go?”

She beamed and came to sit down next to me on her bed. “Well, first we went to a normal restaurant,” she said. “We talked, got to know more about each other. And then we went for a movie.”

We never went for a movie when Kai took me out on a date, I thought.

“Then after the movie the two of us held hands and walked around the park, enjoying the starry night sky,” Daeseul went on, oblivious up on cloud nine.

We never walked around the park just to admire the great starry night sky. Why am I feeling like this? Why do I feel like my heart was on fire?

Why does it sting a little bit?

Just then Jaehyo’s head popped through the door. “Daeseul, my friends are over so you might want to close your door if you and your friend want some privacy.” He nodded toward me politely before he helped us close the door just as we could hear the doorbell going off downstairs.

I turned to Daeseul. “Your brother has friends?” I asked in disbelief. Wow, it’s hard to imagine someone who loves being alone like him could possibly even know the meaning of friends.

Jaehyo has friends. Wow.

She laughed. “Yeah, I know,” she said, nodding. “I was surprised at first. Everyone would have thought that he was a loner, a brooder. There are six of them, they call themselves Block B.” She shook her head. “If you think that is surprising, you should actually meet the kind of friends my brother mixes around with.” She laughed but it wasn’t mean. “They are so happy and they are always talking.” She paused. “Actually, my brother is more comfortable talking to s and he tended to talk a lot more like last time.” She gave me a sly look. “And they’re cute, too.”

“I want to meet them,” I told her. I laughed and she giggled. “I don’t know. From the way you talk about them, it makes them interesting and I really wouldn’t mind checking out those cute guys. Who knows, one of them might just be Mr. Right for me, right?”

She laughed. “All right, let’s go downstairs, then.”

She and I went down to the living room where there were five guys, including Jaehyo, setting up video games on the Xbox. “Hey, guys,” Daeseul called and they looked up interestingly at me which caused me to blush. “This is my best friend, Eun Hae. Eun Hae, this is Block B.”

Jaehyo pointed to each member. “P.O, Taeil, U-Kwon, B-Bomb and Kyung,” he said.

“Annyeonghasaeyo,” P.O, Taeil, U-Kwon, B-Bomb and Kyung said together and I said the same to them.

“Where’s hyung?” P.O wanted to know, looking around.

Just then a blonde guy came out carrying a bowl of popcorn. “I honestly don’t know why you guys bother to bring popcorn when you refuse to make it yourself,” he was saying. He looked up and nearly spilled the bowl of popcorn on the floor.

I looked at him and I gasped when I realized who it was. It was the waiter at the restaurant Kai took me to the other day.

Zico.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooh lala~ ^^

I guess it wouldn't hurt to add Block-B in for a bit (: