Play Those Old Songs Called Memories

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

I couldn’t sleep. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t get my mind to shut off. All I could think about were memories of me with each member of B.A.P. They kept playing in my head so loudly that no matter what distractions I’d use — all the multiplication tables, different and random song lyrics and even the national anthem! — they weren’t able to drown out the memories. The memories were too strong this time. I remembered them all, almost as if they had happened just yesterday, and not years ago when everything was all right between us.

The time when we were in bed together, the time when Youngjae let me ride on his back in the backyard, when he taught me how to ride a bike. He would let me use his body as a punching bag to relieve my frustration whenever I was pissed off with any of the other members. When I was failing my subjects, instead of complaining and criticizing of how stupid I was, he was patient with me and helped me with my work until I was able to pull it through.

The time when Daehyun brought me out to the park in the middle of the night so that we could look up to the night sky and watch the stars shine so brightly in the blackness. He was always so sweet, so understanding, and he was able to sense whenever I was upset about something. He was a bit awkward at times, but I always go to him to tell him about my problems. I love talking to him, especially when I had something on my mind. He’d listen and I trust him with my secrets.

I remembered the time when Yongguk first asked me out and I said yes. We were so happy back then. I thought he really cared about me. the moment I realized I’d fallen for him was when Zelo once took me to a skate park and tried to teach me how to skate, but since I was new and I was so bad at it, I fell and scraped my knee. Yongguk was the first one to reach to me and he tended to my wound. I remembered how fast my heart kept beating every time he would touch me. On the day Yongguk officially asked me, he had taken me back there and told me that that time was when he first fell for me too. Then he nervously asked me to go out with him and obviously I said yes, since I felt the same way about him. He had kissed me so softly and he was the one I lost my first kiss to. He taught me how to love and he was very protective of me.

When Himchan used to pull my hair teasingly and make fun of me all the time. He would always make me laugh by making fun of me. He was very hyperactive and he was known as the jokester in the group. He would love to tease me. He was also the most ertest one. He would usually joke about how he wanted me in bed but never went further than a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I guess I wasn’t really surprised when he tried to have a with me and Yongguk.

Jongup was usually known as the shyest and awkward member of B.A.P, but I tell you, that is all just a front. He and I always bicker. We didn’t really see eye-to-eye on some things. There were times when we would get along, but when we didn’t, it’s like World War III was happening. The others always needed to take us away from each other before anything too serious happened.

And Zelo, the maknae of the group, the bundle of joy, the most innocent one among all of us. He could be sweet when he wants to be, childish all the times, but he was also sometimes a bit of a pabo. Well, he is still young. I always had a soft spot for him because he was always picked as the victim. And he always looked up to me and always come to me whenever the older ones bullied him.

I wanted to relieve those memories again.

I fell asleep . . . and had a nightmare.

Everything grew dark. I was standing in darkness. Soon, I saw nothing but the faces of Yongguk and Himchan’s, floating above me, taunting me, calling me all sort of names. I saw the other four members of B.A.P  faces’ in the background. They looked as though they were filled with grief, and maybe even pity, but they kept quiet.

Daehyun and Youngjae’s faces refused to look at me.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Good-for-nothing . . .

Stupid . . .

Retarded . . .

These words kept repeating in my head, with the voices belonging to Yongguk and Himchan.

Suddenly I felt someone hugging me from behind. That woke me up. I turned over to see Lu Han getting in bed with me. I turned around and hugged him, beginning to cry all over again.

He sighed and kissed the top of my head. “Eun Hae ah,” he murmured, gently caressing my face. He leaned down and kissed underneath each eye, wiping my tears away with his soft lips. “Uljimal,” he said.

“Lu Han . . .” I cried. “It hurt. I wanted to talk to them just now but I couldn’t. I couldn’t face them without feeling hurt. God, I wanted to run into their arms and feel safe like last time. But I didn’t.”

Why must they hurt me?

“Eun Hae, you’re not ready to face them,” he whispered gently, my hair. “It’s understandable that you’re hurt. Frankly, I can’t believe they have the guts to do it. But, then again, it shows that they’re upset and they want to make amends, right? It’s better late than never.”

“I don’t want to see them,” I said stubbornly.

 

Lu Han’s POV

Sighs.

This girl is contradicting herself. Just now she said she wanted to see them, to talk to them. And now she’s saying she doesn’t want to see them, doesn’t want to have anything to do with them.

Seriously, it’s like, make up your mind!

But I guess I can understand where she was coming from. I mean, I’ve never gone through any of this before, but I saw how painful it was for her.

And I felt helpless.

There she was, before, standing by the door, crying in pain and in anguish and there was nothing I could do. She didn’t even let me hug her to comfort her. She pushed me away. And I felt really . . . useless. I had the urge to hug her, to kiss her, to tell her that I’ll protect her and I’ll never hurt her.

But she pushed me away.

But then I’ll be lying.

I will hurt her.

That’s why when I first saw them at the door, I knew that they were there to tell her that they were sorry and that they wanted to be with her again. They wanted to be her brothers again. Normally I would have kicked them in the nuts because they were ‘loyal’ to Yongguk ad Himchan, but because I knew that Eun Hae would be hurting after I’d broken her heart, she’ll need all the comfort she could get.

The more people to comfort her and heal her broken heart when I’m gone, the more I don’t have to worry of when I do leave her without any friends so that she wouldn’t be along to nurse a broken heart. I didn’t want to leave without thinking that when I leave, she will have no one. If she had talked to them, and if they had become a family again, when I leave, at least they would be there for her. At least she would be comforted by her. And who knows, she might even end up marrying Daehyun.

That was why I called Eun Hae over when I saw the boys.

But, alas, she didn’t want to talk to them. When she began yelling, saying how much they had hurt her, I knew they were outside listening. I could hear their distinctive footsteps outside the door. I do have sharp hearing, after all.

“Lu Han?”

I looked down at her. “Yeah?”

She smiled tentatively at me, blinking. Her eyelash was dipped with tears. “Thanks,” she whispered. “I don’t know what I’d do if you hadn’t been here.”

I leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, slipping a hand behind her neck, holding her head for support while the other s around her waist, pressing her body against my chest. She responded without putting up a fuss and wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her close.

She broke apart, averting her gaze from me, before she looked back up at me. “Can I ask you something?” she asked.

I smiled thinly. “You already did.”

She scowled and I laugh. Eun Hae paused and thought about her choice of words carefully. “Can I ask another after this question?” she asked.

There was no other way for me not to answer her question.

I chuckled. “Sure.”

“Do you have the ability to heal?”

I frowned, bemused. “What?”

She shrugged and blushed, looking down. “I mean . . . well, you can control dreams and you have telekinesis. But I was wondering . . . do you have the ability to heal? Because . . .” Now she was starting to blush even more. I raised an eyebrow at her and she avoided my gaze, embarrassed.

“Because?” I pressed.

“Well . . . when you kissed me just now” — Eun Hae’s face turned pink — “I felt a bit better after everything that happened just now, like all my problems disappeared for a moment. . . .” Her voice was nothing but a mere whisper now.

I stared at her, incredulous. I didn’t know whether I should feel glad that she was feeling that way or I should laugh. But I decided to humour her. “No, I don’t have the power of healing,” I replied as I kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes and I could hear her taking a sharp intake of breath. “I have a friend who has that power, though.”

Lay can heal.

“Oh. I see.” She blinked in bewilderment.

I smiled at her, my finger lightly caressing her pink cheeks and her eyes flittered back to me. “But, if you really feel that way, I could kiss you a lot more times until you’re totally better — and feeling something other than just happy.” I gave her a wink that read, ‘If you know what I mean’.

She pulled away from me and whacked my chest with her palm and I laughed. “Yah, you ert!” she cried. “Forget I said anything.” She shook her head. “That was stupid of me. I should have known you’d get cocky again.”

I gave her a lopsided grin and she grinned back. I leaned forward and kissed her on the lips and soon I began to find myself falling deeper into the kiss.

 

Kai’s POV

Daeseul was a great person to be with. She’s smart, she’s funny, she’s witty, she’s kind, she’s cute and she’s a lot of things. I like spending time with her because it made me feel like . . . I don’t know. I don’t know how to describe it. But I like what I was feeling whenever I was around her.

Like right now, at the cafe. There weren’t many customers around so I was pretty much relaxed. Daeseul decided to stick around and hang out with me. I got to know her more and I really liked being with her.

Daeseul giggled and looked around the cafe. “There aren’t many people here today, huh?” she remarked.

I shrugged. “All the more time I get to spend with you,” I replied sincerely.

She blushed and smiled.

I smiled as well. “Would you like to go out with me for dinner someday?” I asked her without thinking. I blinked. Did I really just ask her out?

Daeseul looked surprised. “Oh, err . . .” She hesitated. “What about Eun Hae?”

I raised an eyebrow. “What about Eun Hae?”

“Don’t you like her?”

“No,” I said without thinking. I caught myself. “I mean, I like her as a friend, yeah, but not in that way.” What am I saying?! I’m supposed to say that I like Eun Hae! She’s the girl I have to play with, not Daeseul! Argh!

Suho will kill me as soon as Daeseul leaves.

Daeseul bit her lip to think about it. Then she slowly nodded. “Sure.”

Correction: Suho have to kill me after my date because there’s no way I’m missing out on that date!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hurr~ I hope this chapter is slightly happier (: btw, I noticed most of you been commenting about Block-B. Do you really want them to appear? ._.