He's Gone, But I'm Still Here

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

The next morning, when I woke up due to the light shining through the windowpanes, I remembered how Lu Han seemed so nice last night, without saying anything arrogant. That was for the first time in my life since I met him. Then I felt something between my neck and shoulder, and a pair of thin yet strong arms around my waist. I turned and found Lu Han sleeping peacefully, his chin on my neck.

I smiled, feeling a fuzzy feeling inside. He’s still here. I thought he’d be gone by the time I woke up. I looked up the window and saw that the sun was coming up.

He’s leaving at first light.

Lu Han stirred and soon he opened his eyes. He blinked cutely and it took me all my willpower not to squeal. He was so cute! He looked so innocent, like an angel, just by looking at me. I smiled when he saw me. “Good morning, Eun Hae,” he whispered.

“Good morning,” I replied softly. I was tempted to kiss him but I held back. “Did you have a nice sleep?”

He nodded.

“I thought you were leaving first light?” Did he stay so that he could say goodbye to me first before he left?

“I couldn’t wake up,” he mumbled. “I stayed awake at night thinking about what I have to do when I go back.”

I tried to hide my disappointment by turning away. “Oh,” I said stupidly.

He reached out his hand and touched my cheeks. His thumb moved in circular motions on my cheeks in what I think was an affectionate way. “Will you miss me?” he asked with a sly smirk.

I blushed. Yes. “Of course not,” I retorted. “I would probably be celebrating, hanging out with Changjo, Daeseul, Kai Oppa —” I broke off when I noticed his scowl as soon as I mentioned Kai Oppa’s name.

Hmm, interesting.

Kai?” he said, arching an eyebrow.

I smirked. “Are you jealous?” I teased. “Aww, why? Is it because you hate the fact that I think Kai Oppa is better than you?”

His eyes narrowed.

“Because I like him better than you?” I went on, taunting him. “Or has it got to do with the fact that he’s better looking and also he knows how to respect a girl when you’re a jerk?”

I found myself pinned down, with Lu Han glowering on top of me.

“B – Bwoh?” I squeaked, stunned. “L – Lu H – Han?” Why is he reacting like this? I was just joking. I mean, yeah, what I said was true, but . . . owww, his grip on my wrist starting to get tighter.

Lu Han took a deep breath, closing his eyes. He opened them and I found his brown eyes piercing through mine. “You don’t mean it,” he hissed angrily.

I blinked, confused.

“Tell me you didn’t mean it,” he said. “Tell me that you like me better than you like Kai. I’ll make you, if I have to.” Without giving any warning, he crushed his lips to mine.

My eyes grew wide and I tried to break free, but he was too strong.

At first he was rough, but then it softened before he quickly pulled back. I gasped, looking up to him. I saw the surprised look on his face as he quickly rolled off me. He sat up and groaned, covering his face.

“Dui bu qi,” he muttered.

“What?” I frowned.

“I’m sorry,” he translated. “I didn’t mean to scare you if I did. I wasn’t going to you, I swear. I just —”

I softened. I sat up and touched his shoulder. “Hey,” I said softly.

He didn’t say anything.

I frowned and tried to remove his hands from his face but he wouldn’t budge. I pouted and blew a raspberry in frustration. “Lu Han,” I said impatiently. When he didn’t move, I sighed and rolled my eyes. I got out of bed. “I need to get ready for work, anyway. Have fun at Exo.” I was pulled back into his arms. “Yah! You really need to stop using your powers against me!” I exclaimed as I sat on his lap. “It’s —”

He kissed my neck, sending shivers down my spine. “You are secretly in love with me, right?” he whispered into my ears seductively.

I couldn’t breathe for a moment as he continued to kiss me, on my sweet spots, while his hands rubbed against my bare waist under my shirt. I was getting all tingly.

“Lu Han . . .”

He pushed me off gently and laughed. “Go bathe, Eun Hae,” he said with a little smug expression. I scowled. He's such a tease! “I knew you couldn’t resist me.”

I frowned. I grabbed a pillow and threw it in his direction. Damn, he’s got fast reflexes. He just casually made it fall gently to his side, missing his face by a lot.

He smirked. “You can’t do that, baby,” he said with a teasing smile.

Scowling, I turned and went inside the bathroom. I turned the sink’s faucet on and splashed cold water on my face. “Calm down,” I told myself. “Don’t freak. It was just a little kiss. Nothing wrong with that. You always kiss.” I smacked my forehead. “We always kiss?! Yah, we’re not even a couple and you’re already kissing him! Pabo! He may be good-looking and all, but that doesn’t mean you should kiss any random guys like that if they’re not your boyfriend!”

“You do know I have supersonic hearing?” Lu Han called from the other side of the door. He snickered. “I’m glad you think I’m good-looking.”

I growled, unimpressed. That sneaky rat. “Oh yeah?” I shot back. “Then hear this, pretty boy: SCREW YOU!”

Why the did I say that for?

“Come at me, I don’t mind,” he replied and I wasn’t sure, but I think he was trying to control his laughter. I could practically imagine Lu Han’s stupid smirk on his face.  “In fact, I could do a good one before I leave.” He laughed.

I groaned in disgust. “You’re such a erted !”

“You’re the one who wanted to screw me, remember!” he shot back.

I ignored him and slipped my shorts off, followed by my shirt, to get ready to bathe and prepare myself for the day. I the tap for the bathtub and was about to unclasp my bra when suddenly the door flew opened and Lu Han stepped in.

“Lu Han!” I screeched, grabbing my towel to wrap my nearly body. “Get out!”

“I need to get ready too,” he replied matter-of-factly. He acted like it wasn’t a big deal. “You can just pull the blinds as you bathe while I brush my teeth and shave.”

I looked at him weirdly.

He handed me a tooth brush. When I took it, he took the toothpaste and applied it on his own before he passed it over to me.  I squeezed some on mine and placed the cap on the toothpaste and placed it back on the shelf. I was about to brush my teeth but he stopped me with a playful smile.

“Why don’t we hold a competition?” he asked me and I gave him a quizzical expression. “Let’s see who can have the most foam in their mouth without spitting. When we have enough, we’ll spit it out on the sink, measure, and then the other spits it out and then we will compare. You game?”

I grinned. “I’m game,” I replied. “One . . .”

“Two . . .” he said, raising the toothbrush to his mouth.

“Three!” the both of us exclaimed together at the same time and we began brushing our teeth at full speed.

I felt my mouth being filled with foam but I held it in, until my cheeks were chipmunk-like. I turned over to Lu Han and I could have burst out laughing at his face. He looked like a chipmunk sleep too.

He made some noise and he flashed me his teeth. I choked and quickly spit it out, unable to contain myself. He looked at me and then he waved his hand and a whiteboard marker to measure. Then he rinsed it until it was down before he spat his mouth. I took the whiteboard marker and measured.

“Yes!” I cheered, pumping my fist.

He laughed. “And I thought I had you when I made you laugh,” he said, shaking his head. He looked at me. He turned the faucet on and splash water at me.

I shrieked, wet my hands and splashed his face too.

He laughed, shielding himself. He ran to the hose and sprayed me, getting me instantly soaked. I decided to run toward him to attack him rather than to run away. He wasn’t expecting that so I was able to take the hose away from him. I sprayed him back, and then he grabbed me. The floor was wet and slippery that the both of us slipped and fell.

There was this huge splash as the both of us fell into the bathtub filled with water.

“Aaaahhh!!!” I cried and struggled to surface up.

He held me up. He laughed and I wiped the water from my face. He smiled, his hair flat from the water. I sent water splaying in his direction. He choked and some got into his eyes. He held his hand to stop me from moving.

“Lu Han!” I whined.

He laughed and pulled me toward him, turning my back to him. He gave me a massage and I relaxed in his grip. “Lu Han, don’t you have to go?” I asked him, but in truth I actually wished he’s stay here.

“Not yet,” he murmured.

Then I felt his hands left my shoulder. When I turned around, I saw him putting hair shampoo on his hand and put the bottle back with one hand. Then he began to massage his hands into my hair while I applied body shampoo to myself. It was a bit hard because I was still wearing my underwear and bra.

“Tilt your head back so I can rinse the shampoo off,” he said and I did what he said. Soon I felt warm water through my hair and he helped me rinse it off. I rinsed the shampoo off my body. I turned to him and smiled. I got up and wrapped a towel around myself dry, starting with my hair first before making my way down.

I blushed when I saw his gaze.

I turned to him. He was about to stand up but I pushed him back down a bit. “Pull a chair,” I told him. Curiously, he pulled one out and I sat down on it beside the bathtub. “I’ll wash your hair for you. Pass me the bottle.”

He passed the bottle up to me and I rubbed his hair. He closed his eyes as I rubbed his temple. I watched as he washed himself clean. When he was done, I passed another towel to him and he wrapped his body around himself.

We got changed, with him in the bathroom and me in my own room and as I prepared to go to work, he prepared to leave. Finally we turned to each other, preparing to say goodbye for now.

He pulled me in for a hug. “I’ll see you soon, okay?” he said softly. He kissed me and I felt like I was floating on air. “Have fun.”

Ding dong!

We exchanged each other looks and I went out to answer the door, with Lu Han behind me. When I answered the door, I saw Kai standing there nervously, hands in his pockets. He smiled when he saw me, but then it disappeared when he saw Lu Han behind me.

“Hi, Kai Oppa,” I said cheerfully. “What brings you here?”

“I was thinking,” he said, “why don’t I walk with you to work?”

“Yeah, sure,” I replied and he beamed.

I heard Lu Han growling behind me but I turned over to him. He kissed me on the lips before he turned around. “I’ll see you soon.” There was a loud crack and when I turned to him, he was gone. I turned back to Kai.

“Where is he going?” he asked.

I shrugged as I walked out of the door. “Back to Exo,” I told him. It felt comfortable not to lie about this. “He wanted to sort things out.”

“Oh. For how long?”

I shook my head. “I don’t know.” I closed the door and we walked out to the cafe to start our work.

 

Kai’s POV

Lu Han is gone, which means I can start making my move on her.

I watched her as she walked, jabbering away. I was partially listening. I smirked, thinking about what I’m going to do.

Eun Hae, I’m going to make you wish you’d met me first. Then I’ll crush your heart like nobody’s business and win the Game for Exo-K for the sixth time running.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously Kai wasn't going to give in without a fight. Heehee, now that Lu Han is gone, expect Kai/EunHae cute moments :P