The Start of Destruction

The Heartbreaker's Game

And here's what happened to Eun Hae while Lu Han was getting his fun on Gukkie and Himchan (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kai’s POV

I watched as Eun Hae’s face crumbled. What is that stupid idiot’s problem that he wanted to make her cry snd hurt her all the time? It seemed so barbaric. She looked down, tears flowing down.

“Eun Hae —” I started to say, reaching out to her.

But she ran passed me, to the kitchen. I turned to go after her but that grabbed me by my hand and swung me around. I glared at him.

“Aren’t you going to serve us now that that has gone off?” he asked me rudely, looking annoyed.

“Sorry, we don’t serve s who make girls cry,” I snapped back at him. He recoiled, loosening his grip on me, and I grabbed this opportunity to shove past him before running behind to the kitchen, after Eun Hae.

I scanned around the kitchen. Everyone was busy at work. But then a noona pointed toward the back door, where I saw it was wide opened. Nodding gratefully at her, I hurried outside and found Eun Hae crouching down the stairs, crying.

To get a girl’s heart, a guy must listen and comfort her when she’s upset, I remembered Suho hyung telling us once when we first started playing the Games.

Right.

I walked cautiously over to her and kneeled down. I put my arms around her to comfort her and she turned around, collapsing in my lap. I hugged her and her hair gently. “Are you okay?” I asked. “Who is he?”

She shook her head, crying too hard to response.

“What was he talking about, your parents abandoning you?” I went on. “Why would he say that?”

“Because it’s true,” she whispered miserably. “They did abandon me.”

I frowned. What sort of parents would dare abandon their own child? Don’t they know that it’s wrong? In Exo, if you do that it’s torture before death as punishment. This was something that was never to be encouraged.

“Waeyo?” I asked.

She looked down to her feet. “My family . . .” she began mumbling, “. . . we were really poor. We never have enough money to support ourselves, especially for my education. But my parents worked really hard for it. But when it was obvious that I’m not really smart, although I try my hardest, they got mad and said that I’m wasting their money. The teachers suggested to my parents to get me a tutor but they can barely afford to pay for my education fees, what more tuition fees?”

“But it’s not like you’re bumming out!” I argued.

She shrugged. “They didn’t see it that way.” She sighed. “Furthermore, when I was little, I used to fall sick. I’ll vomit the food they feed me and they were annoyed, because it’s also wasting money. They said, ‘What’s the point in us caring for you, feeding you, when you only waste it down the toilet?’ I was a burden to my parents. They didn’t want me to waste their money, so they threw me out. If it weren’t for Changjo and my aunty, I would probably be dead by now,” she said sadly in a soft voice.

I shook my head. I can’t believe that something like this must happen to someone who always looked so positive. This is so absurd. “How old were you?” I asked.

“I was only twelve.”

Wow. She was only twelve. All this time, she had been having a hard time, struggling with her life, yet she managed to put a smile on her face. It’ll be bad if her parents died or something, but the fact that they threw her out was even worse.

“Who knows about it?” I asked.

“Changjo, obviously my aunty, and that idiot and his friends,” she told me. She smiled and shrugged sadly.

“How does he know about it? And why does he always bully you?”

She sighed. “Him? He’s an idiot. He’s a guy from my past, so that was how he knows,” she muttered.

Judging from the look on her face, I could tell that she didn’t want to explain anymore so I let the subject to drop. “Does Daeseul know about it?”

Eun Hae shook her head. “I don’t want people to know, I don’t need their pity. So I tell them my parents are away overseas working. I wanted to continue my studies here so they arranged it with my aunty to let me stay with them,” she explained.

“But she’s your friend.”

“It’s not like I don’t trust her or anything,” she said fiercely with tears b her eyes again. “I just don’t like to talk about my past. It’s too painful, okay?”

I backed off. “Okay,” I replied cautiously. “And . . . I promise I won’t tell anyone about this.”

She smiled gratefully at me. “Thanks,” she said timidly.

I smiled warmly and hugged her. “Hey, what are friends for, right?”

Eun Hae nodded. She looked back at the door and sighed. “We should get back inside if we don’t want a certain person coming after our hides,” she muttered, referring to our annoying boss.

I laughed and we stood up. She wiped her tears away before the two of us walked back inside.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

Why the hell did I tell him that for?

I hardly ever tell anyone about my past, about my parents abandoning me, about them throwing me out of the house. So why did I just tell someone who I wasn’t even close to in the first place?

I must be crazy.

This whole Yongguk thing was probably getting to my head.

This is so strange.

I washed my face and made sure that no one could tell that I was crying if I go up to serve them. Everywhere around me inside, people kept giving Kai and I weird looks but the two of us shrugged it off.

I peeped outside of the kitchen door. Good. Yongguk and Himchan aren’t there anymore. They must have left after I came inside the kitchen crying. I do hope that my boss didn’t see what happened though.

Why did I tell Kai?

I don’t tell people my past because I don’t want them to treat me differently. They might pity me and that was the last thing I wanted. I don’t want them to either mock me that I am parentless nor do I want them to be especially nice to me because I’m the girl whose parents abandoned her because I was deemed worthless and a good-for-nothing to them, my own parents.

How pathetic.

But Kai, however, treated me the same. He didn’t treat me any different than how others would have. And I was really grateful for that. He’s a nice guy. He’s sort of the opposite of Lu Han. Kai was friendly, warm, caring and considerate. But Lu Han was a jerk, a ert, and loves to make my life suffer — in a good way, compared to Yongguk. Kai likes to make me laugh, but Lu Han loves to tease me for his own source of entertainment.

But yet you find Lu Han more attractive.

I shook my head. What am I thinking?

We went right back to work and business was fast but then during the day, it got slow. After work, when we were able to go home, I looked out of the window. I saw no sign of Lu Han. Huh, maybe he’s waiting for me somewhere outside where I won’t be able to see him. Or maybe he’s not here yet.

 

Lu Han’s POV

I was out of the apartment and I have been wandering around the place all day to keep myself busy but I couldn’t keep the image out of my head of what I saw at their apartment.

Why was Eun Hae with them?

When I looked into that picture, it looked like it was a long time ago but I didn’t know exactly how long ago it is. So many questions ran through my mind but I didn’t know the answers to them.

I wonder, did dui zhang know about this? Does he know about her past? What and how much does he knows about her? Normally I don’t question anything about the girl dui zhang chooses for me, but suddenly I feel like I need to know now. I need to know what her real connection with them is.

How did she know them?  Why was she with them?

How come she looked so happy with them but now hates them and now Yongguk is bullying her?

This is all so confusing that I wished that I could ask her right away but she’s at work and I don’t think that this should be something discussed over work, but rather when we’re alone and together and when she’s not busy thinking about serving others. This was something I had a feeling was going to take up a long time.

I don’t know how long I’ve been wandering around but time seemed to have past by so fast because before I knew it, it was night fall.

I checked the time. It was already nine in the night. Eun Hae’s work should be over by now. I closed my eyes and I was outside of the cafe. She wasn’t out on the streets yet but I saw the workers one-by-one leaving. I shrugged. Eun Hae was usually the last one out of the cafe, anyway.

I should play prank on her, make her wait for me, thinking that I had forgotten about me and just when she’s about to leave, I would appear and scare, showing that I was actually there with her. Haha, she’s going to kill me when she finds out. I can’t wait to see the look on her face when she realized I’d be there the whole time.

Finally, she emerged out of the cafe and I turned invisible, strolling over to her. But then I stopped when I saw someone coming out. It was a guy.

“Eun Hae, you left your bag inside!” he said and handed her bag over to her.

“Oh, thanks,” she said, smiling.

I stayed back.  Why is she with a guy? Who is he? How come Eun Hae never mentioned it to me? Who is he? It was a good thing that I was invisible.

I turned my attention back to them and I saw that Eun Hae was looking right and left for me. I smirked. Phase one is about to start.

There was a deep frown on her face. She was getting worried. I knew she was wondering where I was. If only she knew that I was just standing a few feet away from her.

I can’t see how the guy looked because his back was turned to me but the guy must have noticed the anxious look on her face because he asked her, “Who are you waiting for, Eun Hae? Your cousin?”

Oh, so he knows Changjo?

She shook her head. “My friend,” she replied.

I stepped out a little bit. He turned around and I swear he was looking at me. Maybe he’s looking behind me. I mean, he can’t see me. But I finally get to see how he looked. And I did not like it.

He seemed like bad news.

“You mean him?”

I startled and realized that he was looking at me. Not through me, but at me. How could this be?

She turned to where I am. “I don’t see anyone.”

Of course not, I’m invisible! But then how could he see me? That’s odd.

“He’s there, right in front of me,” the guy persisted.

Humans can’t see me when I’m invisible unless I allow them to, or allow certain people to. And I’m pretty sure I’ve turned myself on full invisibility mode so no one would be able to see me. In fact, the only ones who can . . . and then it hit me.

I’m looking at my opponent, Exo-K’s representative.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't normally update so soon, but. I thought I'd give you guys a little teaser :P haha!

And, so it'll help me take my mind off some things. :/