Kai Makes His Move

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

Kai and I didn’t actually have to walk to the cafe. Now that I know about his power, he could freely do it in front of me. So he took my hand and teleported us just near the cafe, far from the window so no one would see. Thank goodness no one was out in the streets.

We laughed as I stumbled on the pavement, since I wasn’t used to the whole teleportation thing. He caught me just in time, whirling me around to face him, and I realized just how close our lips were. I stopped breathing as I looked up into those brown orbs. I even forgot what my name was temporarily.

Oh . . . my . . . God.

He leaned his head down and pressed his forehead to mine, our noses touching. His lip was just an inch away from mine. I could feel his breath on me. My throat felt dry and I my lips.

He pulled apart awkwardly. “Uh, I’m so sorry,” he muttered. He looked away before turning back to me, puckering his lips slightly. “I didn’t mean to. It’s just that . . .”

“You don’t have to explain yourself,” I replied, trying to put him at ease but I was feeling rather embarrassed myself. We stopped and looked at each other as he straightened up, pulling into a standing position.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

I nodded, flustered. “Huh? Oh, yeah, I’m okay.”

“Um, let’s go inside,” he said, gesturing toward the door.

“Oh, um, yeah,” I agreed, looking away.

The moment Kai and I entered the cafe, our boss frowned when he saw us approaching. “What are you doing here?” he asked. “Didn’t I say I didn’t need you two coming in to work for me today?”

We looked at each other and then laughed, completely forgetting that he did say that we didn’t need to come in for work.

“Are you saying we should go?” I asked and Kai looked at me, his eyes gleaming like he had a bunch of ideas to do now that we heard that we’re free and don’t have to be at work today.

He nodded. “Of course. You two worked the hardest here. You guys deserved the break,” he said, smiling. “Besides, business seemed slow today so you guys take off and enjoy your day, all right?”

We bowed and thanked him before we walked out of the cafe, smiling and taking in the sunlight. I turned to him and smiled. He smiled back and reached out for my hand. It felt a little bit weird to hold someone else’s hand but it felt nice at the same time. “Where do you want to go?” he asked me. “Is there any place you want to go? To hang out?” He spread his arms wide. “We have the whole day!”

I thought about it. “Why don’t we head over to my rooftop?” I suggested. “I used to hang out there whenever I don’t have anything to do. Come on,” I said and tugged his hand. “It has got the best view of the city.

He took my hand. “We can get there in the fastest way. I can teleport the both of us there.” He closed his eyes.

“Ah, Eun Hae-yah! Kai Oppa!”

We turned and found Daeseul walking up to us with Changjo and Ricky walking a few feet behind her. They must have been on their way to school because they were dressed in their school uniform.

It sort of gave me an aching feeling, knowing that I’m not supposed to be in school for another week and three days more. I am going to miss out on a lot, especially on my finals since I’m in my last year of high-school.

The three of them came up to us.

“Oh, who is this?” Ricky asked me, looking at Kai. He looked down. “Are you guys dating or something?”

We looked down to see what he was looking at and realized that we were still holding hands from when we were about to teleport to the rooftop. We quickly let go and I looked away.

Daeseul smirked (I rolled my eyes because I knew she was pleased that her ‘set-up’ with me and him was happening) while Changjo frowned because I had a feeling he was displeased with me ditching out last night.

“Hi, I’m Kai, Daeseul and Eun Hae’s friend,” Kai said smoothly, introducing himself to Ricky.

“Hello, my name is Ricky,” Ricky said cheerfully, extending a hand out to him to shake with. “I’m Changjo’s best friend. We’ve been friends for a long time now, back to when we were still kids.”

I smiled. Ricky was always so cheerful, even when we were still kids. He’s usually the one who cheers people up whenever they were down.

“Uh, by the way,” Changjo said and I knew what was coming. “I want to talk you about something.”

“Changjo, I’m really sorry!” I blurted out before he could even say what he wanted to say. “I’m sorry. I know I messed up. I know I was supposed to come over for dinner with you and Aunty Yu June but I was caught up —”

“She was with me,” Kai spoke up.

I glared at him. He wasn’t helping at all.

Changjo glowered at him. “ out of this,” he snapped.

I looked down, feeling. I knew he was angry.

He would be furious at me because he doesn’t like it whenever someone ditched on him, especially if they didn’t tell him the reason why or if there wasn’t any valid reasons to it. And I definitely didn’t tell him. I didn’t tell him that I was working and I didn’t even remember about it until I was going to sleep.

Normally, he would be the happy and cheerful person but when he’s mad, he can hold onto a grudge for a very long time. And he can also tend to be quite unreasonable. Not only that, but Aunty Yu June would be really upset that I didn’t come and would have probably worried about why I didn’t turn up.

And now that Kai said that I was with him the whole night even though I was actually with Lu Han the rest of the night. Well, technically, I was with him but I spent the entire night with Lu Han.

Not that we did anything.

He frowned. “Do you have any idea how worried my mother was?” he hissed. “She was worrying and fretting and you know how uptight and anxious she can get whenever we upset her!”

“Hey, she was working,” Kai said. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. Okay, yeah, she should have told you about the fact that she was working and all, but you should really understand that that she’s been suspended from school and she really needs the money now to pay for the bill and —”

I shot him a warning look.

Changjo glared at him. “I said, out of this!”

“Changjo, I’m really sorry.” I bowed my head. “I cannot make an excuse for my mistake. I’m really sorry.”

He sighed. “Are you coming tonight, then?” he asked.

I nodded.

He smiled and reached out to mess with my hair. He grabbed me and pulled me in for a headlock and gave me a noogie.

“Aaahhh, let me go!” I cried, trying to get him away.

Kai frowned in confusion. Ricky and Daeseul, on the other hand, remained calm because they were used to our ways already. I knew he was surprised because it was like, one minute he was angry and shouted at me and then the next, he was playing and messing around with me.

“What the . . .”

Daeseul laughed, seeing the confusion look his face. “When Changjo is mad, he’s really mad, so the best is to let him give you the blow and then he’ll be fine,” she explained. “He’s not really angry. If he was, he wouldn’t talk. He just needed to let this anger out and once it’s out, he’ll be fine.”

Kai nodded. “Okay . . .”

Ricky patted his shoulder. “Look at it this way,” he told him, “you know how when your stomach gets upset, you need to take a dump?”

“Yeah . . .”

“It’s like that with Changjo,” Ricky went on with a straight face and Daeseul hit him on the shoulder for using that sort of example. “You need to take a dump, you let it all out, and when you’re done, you’re done.”

“Ricky!” Daeseul exclaimed but she was laughing as well.

Kai nodded, looking weirdly at Ricky. “Okay, now I get it,” he replied. Daeseul and Ricky giggled and he added, “In a way.”

Finally Changjo let me go and I shook my head. He grinned. “You better come tonight or else I will noogie you even harder,” he threatened.

I rolled my eyes. But I covered my head, grimacing. “Please, no more,” I begged my cousin brother. “I don’t want any more noogies.”

“So, where are you heading?” Ricky asked.

“About,” I replied. “We don’t have work today so we’ve thought that we were going to just muck about the place and such.”

They nodded and headed off for school, but Daeseul turned back and gave me a little wink before she ran off with the others. Kai then teleported us to the rooftop and I grinned, feeling happy that we’re at my most favourite place in the world, the place where I feel safe and secured. He looked around and grinned. “Wait here for a moment. I’ll be back soon,” he said and he was gone within the next second.

Bemused, I stayed there and sat down on the ground, waiting patiently for him to come back. Where did he go? He was back a few minutes later with a picnic basket.

He grinned and held up a basket. “I brought some food and a little something.”

He laid out a picnic blanket and took a few sandwiches out. He grinned. “We’re going to have a real picnic.”

I laughed and I settled down with him. “Where did you get all this stuff?” I asked him, looking around. “Don’t tell me, you bought it?”

He nodded. “Yeap, I did,” he replied, grinning. “I teleported to the shops and bought them. It’s a good thing that not many people are there yet so I could hurry.”

I laughed, unwrapping a sandwich. “Seriously, sometimes I think that your power is really cool,” I remarked. I ate my sandwich and it tasted so good!

When we were done with the food for breakfast, we set enough food for lunch. Then we lied down on the blanket and watched the fluffy clouds. I looked up and smiled. Somehow whenever I see the clouds in the clear, blue skies, I feel happy. “Oh, look!” I said, pointing to the clouds. “I see a heart shape cloud there.”

“Where?” Kai stretched his neck but couldn’t see a thing.

I moved closer, resting my head on his chest, so that I could point it out. “Over there,” I said, pointing to the clouds. “Do you see that?”

He looked up and nodded. “Oh, yeah, I do.”

I smiled and he hugged me, wrapping his arms around me and then I realized that I was lying on his chest because I could feel his heartbeat. “Kai —”

“Hey, look, birds,” he said, pointing to the birds flocking in the air.

I nodded, feeling a bit sleepy. I didn’t really get enough sleep the night before, not when I was thinking about how much I’d miss Lu Han’s company.

 

Kai’s POV

We stayed there, in silence, and when I turned to Eun Hae, I saw that she was asleep. I smiled, her cheeks. My eyes landed on her soft, rosy lips. It made me wonder how soft they were.  I propped my elbow up and rested my head on my hand, looking at her. I smiled. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt.

I leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips.

And felt my own heart beating wildly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ehehehe. Don't worry, Eun Hae was asleep! (: gee, scary Changjo ._.