Before Things Get Out of Hand

The Heartbreaker's Game

Jaehyo’s POV

It was eleven in the night already. Outside, it was already pitched black with the street lamps alight and the stars and moon shining down on the world. There weren’t many cars passing by the street. The only sound I could hear were my friends laughing as they fought over the Xbox.

I looked around the place, taking a sip of my beer. I was still on my first beer while the others were already either finishing their second or are half-way through their third can of beer.

Such drinkers.

Kyung, Taeil, P.O, U-Kwon, B-Bomb and my step-sister were all into the game now, especially Taeil and B-Bomb since they were the ones playing. I looked at each of their faces. They had a little bit too much to drink, even Daeseul. Her face was going red. I sighed.

She knows her limit so I’m not going to stop her.

I looked around and noticed that Zico and Eun Hae weren’t around. I wonder where the two of them could be. They were nowhere to be seen. Suddenly I could hear this laughter coming from inside the kitchen.

Don’t tell me . . .

I stood up and walked to the kitchen curiously. I paused at the doorway and saw that Eun Hae was slipping, but then Zico was fast enough to catch her. She giggled and he was smiling. Both their faces were red.

I raised an eyebrow and looked toward the table to see cans of beer. Eun Hae has been drinking? Wow, I didn’t know she could drink. Daeseul always told me she wasn’t much of a drinker.

Eun Hae giggled. “Whoops!” she said, her voice slurring a bit. “My bad.” She began to giggle again as she wrapped her arms around Zico’s neck to steady her from falling down on her back.

Oh , she’s drunk! I don’t even think she has any tolerance for alcohol. I was starting to get annoyed. Zico wasn’t normally the type of guy to force someone into doing things they don’t want to.

And I know my friend too well. He must have tempted her into drinking and soon she fell for it and drank more and now she’s drunk.

I looked up and was about to call out to Zico when I saw them kissing. My eyes widened. Uhhh . . . could Zico be drunk as well? I looked at his face — well, what I could see from my point of view since they were eating each other’s faces off — and saw that he drank quite a lot, but not enough to get him drunk.

, don’t tell me he’s taking advantage of her like this?!

I watched as he d her and she moaned. I shook my head and he gently guided her to the floor and they began making out right there and then.

Oh God, I want to throw up.

“Mmm, Eun Hae, you’re so y,” Zico murmured as he slipped a hand under her shirt and began grinding against her. Any moment now they were going to have and I don’t want to be here when it happens so I walked back into the living room.

Ding dong!

“Oppa, can you get the door please?” Daeseul asked me. “We’re a little busy over here so we can’t — omo, Taeil Oppa, punch him harder!”

I shook my head and went to answer the door anyway. “Coming, coming,” I muttered as the person rang the doorbell impatiently. I opened the door and blinked in surprised when I saw this boy with a cute baby face.

Whoa. How old is he?

“Who are you?” I asked him.

“Is Eun Hae here?” he asked. “Is this Daeseul’s house? Is this Eun Hae’s best friend’s house or not?”

I nodded, thinking about what I saw in the kitchen and shuddered with disgust. “Why do you want Eun Hae for?” I asked him. “Who are you to her?” As far as I know, the only guy in her life was her cousin Changjo.

He gave me a look I couldn’t read. “She isn’t answering any of my calls and it’s late at night. I was getting worried.” He peered over my shoulder as if he was hoping he would be able to find Eun Hae.

“Well, she’s a little busy right now —” I started to say but the guy pushed passed me and walked into my house, uninvited. A flicker of annoyance flittered across my face as I held him back by the hands. “Yah, you can’t just walk inside a person’s house uninvited as if you own this place.”

“Where is she?” He shrugged me off.

We heard a giggle coming from the living room. I knew that that giggle belonged to my sister but he doesn’t know that. His jaw clenched set, he marched toward the living room. I followed behind. “She’s not —”

He scanned around the living room and took in those drunken bastards. He shook his head and swerved his head sharply toward the kitchen. His eyes slit narrowly and he began walking into that direction.

Oh .

“Look, you really shouldn’t —” I tried to say but stopped short when he paused at the doorway, looking at Eun Hae and Zico. They’re still fully clothed and still in the kissing and groping phase?

I would have thought Zico would be ing her right now.

“Jung Eun Hae,” he said sharply and the two of them broke apart from the floor to look up to us.

“L – Lu Han!” Eun Hae squealed.

Zico got off her and she stood up. She giggled as she came over to him. “Why are you here? Worried about me?” She giggled again and blew him a sloppy air kiss. “Awww, you were always so sweet.”

He glared at her. “Are you drunk?”

“Whoopsie.” She turned back to Zico was smiled lazily. “Zico Oppa here let me have a few drinks.” She turned back and smiled, wrapping her arms around him. “I think that he’s extremely hot. He’s a good kisser too.”

That guy, Lu Han, shook his head. “We’re going home,” he said firmly and took her by the hand, dragging her out.

Eun Hae pouted and I have to admit, it was sort of cute. “But I wanted to stay and make hot steamy with Zico!” She stomped her foot. “Are you jealous?”

“Who are you?” Zico asked him, irritated. He reached out to Eun Hae.

Lu Han ignored him and pulled her closer to him, practically wrapping his arms around her. “Of course I’m jealous,” he replied evenly and I raised an eyebrow. “I come here to find my girlfriend almost having with another guy. If you weren’t drunk, you’d be dumped in a flash.”

Zico frowned. “You said you weren’t taken,” he said to her.

“I didn’t know I was taken myself,” Eun Hae replied, looking bewildered.

I shook my head.

Wow, this thing is really ed up now.

Lu Han grimaced. “You stupid girl! You have no tolerance for alcohol and yet you still decided to drink. What the hell do you think you were doing, huh?”

“Trust me, she’s more fun now,” Zico snickered.

That guy turned to glower at him. He walked over to him and gave him a punch in the face before he came back to Eun Hae’s side. Personally, I don’t blame him. “We’re going.” He carried her up, bridal-style, and began walking out of the door.

Zico followed him, rubbing his sore jaw. He was going to get a bruise over there, I can tell. It was already starting to swell up just a little bit. “Yah, you can’t just leave like that!” he protested.

“Too bad,” Lu Han retorted.

“Aww, can’t I stay for a bit?” she asked. “Pleeeaaaaasssseeee. I promise I’ll love you forever. Lulu, you’re so sweet, so kind. Hehe!”

Lu Han’s lips twitched. He leaned down and kissed her on her forehead. “You already love me,” he said. “And, goodness, your breath stinks.”

“You’re mean!” Eun Hae tried to struggle but he wouldn’t budge.

Everyone in the living room turned to see what was going on as Lu Han carried her out of the house. They began whispering and giggling to one another as Zico followed Lu Han and Eun Hae out of the door.

I held him back. “Let them go.”

 

Zico’s POV

Who the hell does that guy think he is, taking her away from me when she didn’t want to go with him in the first place? She was . . . whoaBut she has a boyfriend. How come she lied? How come she didn’t tell me that she was already taken?

Now I feel like an idiot.

Jaehyo turned to me, shaking his head as if he was disappointed in me for doing something bad. “What?” I asked defensively.

“You took advantage of her,” he accused.

I shrugged, not denying it because he was right. “She was hot.” Then I grimaced as I felt my something under my pants growing uncomfortably painful. “Ah . . .”

He shook his head in disgust and pointed up the stairs. “You know where the bathroom is,” he said and went back inside the living room while I darted up the stairs to the bathroom.

 

Lu Han’s POV

I cannot believe this girl could be so stupid. She has school tomorrow and now she’s going to have a hangover. What are her teachers going to say? They’re going to think that she has been partying like some wild animals during the time she was suspended from school and they’re not going to like that very much and would think that suspension wasn’t a good idea and might expel her.

Eun Hae kept saying all sort of random stuff on the walk back home. How easy it’d be if we could teleport just like Kai could. Finally we had reached the apartment. I set her down in bed. Eun Hae giggled. “Lu Han,” she said in a singsong voice. “You know, I always thought you were extremely hot and I always wanted you to me.”

I sighed. “Boy, you’re a mess.”

“I’m not a boy, I’m girl,” she protested indignantly.

“Eun Hae, that was very stupid,” I said in a low voice.

But Eun Hae shook her head. “Lu Han,” she whimpered, suddenly looking sad. “I miss them. I miss my brothers.” She looked down. “Lulu.” She giggled and as if she liked the sound of it, she kept saying it over and over again. “Lulu. Lulu. Lulu.” And then her face turned into a look of horror. She jumped out of bed and rushed to the toilet. A few seconds later, I could hear the sounds of her vomiting inside the bathroom. I went to the kitchen to get her a glass of water to rinse .

When she came out, she looked pale. She smiled wanly at me as she got back into bed. I handed the glass of water and she drank thirstily from it until it was all gone. “Ah,” she said with a smile and laid back in her bed. Then she got up and ran for the toilet again. She stayed in there for a long time. When she came out, she looked guilty and hung her head low. She got in bed and hid her head.

I got in bed with her and hugged her. “Don’t scare me like that again,” I whispered. I was so mad at that guy when I saw them making out I wanted to break all of his bones and kill him. The thought of her doing it without someone else who was not me literally made me see red.

“Lulu, you know I’m in love with you.” She giggled. “That rhymed, Lulu and you. Hehe, I am so clever.”

I paused.

She what?

“What did you say?”

She blinked confusingly at me. “Bwoh?”

“What did you say just now? Did you just tell me that you were in love with me?” My heart was beating fast. If she was in love with me, that means I am this close into winning the Game! And then Exo-M would have won, beating Exo-K by one!

I looked at her and saw that she was already sleeping. I sighed. She’s going to have a massive hangover the next morning. And she has school! I took my watch out and dialled a number.

“Yes, gege?”

“Lay?” I said. “I need your healing powers.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

double update because I won't be able to update tomorrow! ^^