We Are ONE, We are EXO

The Heartbreaker's Game

Kai’s POV

When Eun Hae had fallen asleep from the exhaustion of crying too much, I walked outside of the room and found Lu Han sitting down on the couch, stoning. I sighed and walked over to him. He looked up when he saw that I was approaching him in the living room.

“How is Eun Hae?” he asked anxiously. He stood up and began wringing his hand with worry. “Is she okay? Will she be all right?”

“What do you think?” I shot back.

He grimaced.

I sighed. “She’s asleep but she should be fine now. I mean, she is asleep.”

He shook his head. “I’m sorry.”

“You should be.” My voice was hard and crisp. I looked at him, my jaws set. “You blatantly put Eun Hae to shame by being disrespectful to her parents,” I said in a low, angry, quivering voice.

“Oh, come on!” he protested and I raised an eyebrow. He dare still try to defend himself? “They were so out of line! You heard what they said about her! Weren’t you mad?”

“Of course I was mad at her parents!” I said indignantly. “But they wouldn’t have said those horrible words at her if you hadn’t said anything!”

“I didn’t like seeing her crestfallen face when her parents didn’t recognize her,” he mumbled weakly.

“Neither did I,” I snapped, “but that doesn’t mean you could shoot your mouth off. How do you think Eun Hae would feel, letting her parents see that all this while she had been hanging around with friends who disrespected their elders, especially someone else’s parents? They’re going to think that Eun Hae has been hanging around with the bad sort of influence and now they’re going to think even lowly of their own daughter! Is that what every child wants their parents to think of them?”

“No,” he muttered.

“And then?” I said, exasperated. “Goodness, you are old enough to be able to know!”

Lu Han didn’t have anything to say to that so he just scowled. Sighing, I sat down opposite of him and leaned back in my seat. We looked at each other.

“I wonder what they’re doing now,” he mused.

I shrugged but I was wondering the same thing.

 

No One’s POV

Up in Exo Planet, in the main Hall of the SM Building, only Suho and Kris were watching the Game intently while the others had retreated to a smaller Hall.

“They’re just sitting there!” Kris said with dismay, watching the screen.

Suho shrugged. “Well, at least Lu Han is feeling guilty.”

“I’ll give you something to feel,” Kris mumbled darkly, clenching his fist into a tight ball. Why is he alone with this pain in the ?! “Pain, excruciating pain.”

Suho rolled his eyes. “If Lu Han had stayed out of it, don’t you think his chances would still be pretty high? Now I can tell his chances are pretty low.”

“It’s not like she’s going to start hating him forever because of this matter,” Kris snapped. “She still likes him. She’s just disappointed about what he had done.”

“And while she’s still disappointed with him, Kai will rise up.”

“Whatever makes you happy.”

Suho smirked. He had won this argument.

Meanwhile, the others were silent. They weren’t watching the Game, rather they were studying each other. Well, except for XiuMin. He had brought along the bag of baos and was munching away greedily, not having a clue that there was this awkward atmosphere hanging above in the air.

Sehun watched him as the older boy wolfed down the food, not believing anyone could stuff so many buns into his mouth. He wondered how it gets stored in his tummy. Speaking of tummy, Sehun’s stomach rumbled loudly and all (except for the leaders who were too focused on the Game) looked up to him and he grinned sheepishly. “I forgot to eat breakfast this morning,” he admitted and it made Exo-K cracked a smile.

XiuMin looked up, blinking. He held out his container. “You want to share?” he offered.

“Gege!” Tao hissed.

Blankly, XiuMin turned to the younger one. “What is it? He’s hungry. I’ve got food. Why don’t I share?”

“Because they are the enemy,” Chen said quietly.

“But they seem harmless,” Lay remarked.

“And he’s hungry,” XiuMin added.

“Since when do you offer people your baos?” Tao wanted to know.

He shrugged.

“Be careful,” Chanyeol whispered to Sehun. “You’d never know, he might have poisoned those buns.”

“But he was eating them,” D.O pointed out.

“So?” Chanyeol shrugged. “He might be immune to it.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Don’t listen to them. If you’re hungry and if he’s nice enough to offer you, just take it,” he told the maknae.

XiuMin turned back to Sehun. “If you still want it . . .”

Sehun decided to trust this strange boy and moved over to sit next to him. He took a bun out and took a bite. Everyone else held their breath as he chewed slowly. Then his eyes lit up and he turned to XiuMin. “Omo, where did you buy these delicious buns?” he wanted to know.

XiuMin beamed friendlily at Sehun and offered more buns, to which Sehun happily took. “Well, I got my baos from . . .” And the two of them began making a conversation.

“The maknae is going to die tonight!” Chanyeol said in a staged whisper to D.O and Baekhyun.

Chen overheard and shot him a withering look. “If you really don’t want to take it, it’s fine, we’re not offering you, anyway,” he snapped.

Baekhyun pointed to XiuMin who was sharing his container of baos with Sehun when he refused to share with any of s. “He is.”

Chen looked over at them and sighed. “Baozi made a new friend,” he muttered.

But Tao wasn’t listening. He was watching a bored D.O, who had earth laid out on his palm. He watched interestingly as the older boy morphed the earth into different shapes, like a heart, a star, a dog, a cat, and many other shapes.

He must have the ability to bend earth, he thought. That is actually quite cool. I wish I had powers like that.

Now D.O had bent the earth into a tiny rock and began throwing it up into the air. As it fell back, D.O made it disintegrate into earth again. After the fifth time of him doing this, Tao had a brilliant plan.

So when the rock was thrown up, Tao held out his fist. As it fell and was about to break into tiny grains of soil, Tao froze time, allowing Exo (forgetting about the leaders so they were frozen in time as well) to move freely.

But the grains of soil were hung mid-air.

D.O blinked, his jaws agape when he realized that it wasn’t coming back down to his palm. He glanced around and saw that minions were frozen, as well as their leaders. He glanced at Tao. “You can control time?” he asked with awe in voice. That was so cool! For a moment, D.O envied him.

Time resumed and the grains of soil fell onto the floor. Tao nodded, proud of his power and no longer envying D.O’s power. That was, until Kris came marching over, glowering at him.

“Why did you use your powers for?!” he scolded. “Now we missed a few minutes of what happened in the Game and it might have been important.”

“Actually, no, it wasn’t!” Suho called. “He froze time on Earth too!”

Chanyeol snickered at Kris for losing his temper over nothing, which earned him a glare from him. He reeled back. He didn’t know why, but Kris’ glare frightened him. He looked down and avoided making eye-contact with him.

It was Chen’s turn to smirk.

Kris shook his head and went back to watching the Game. Baekhyun glanced over at Sehun, who didn’t even realized that time had frozen for a while. He and XiuMin were still eating and chatting. He shook his head and smiled.

D.O was speculating Tao, thoroughly impressed with his power and soon the two of them were involved in a deep conversation.

Suddenly two minions burst through the door, looking rather distressed and panicky. It flapped its arms wildly. “Help! Minion 586 got hurt somewhere in the engine room and it’s extremely dark so none of us dare go down to help!” one of them cried in despair. It began running amok until it ran into a wall and passed out.

The other minion shook its head at its friend.

Lay and Baekhyun immediately shot out of their seats, both having powers that help the minion out. “I can heal him,” Lay offered the same time Baekhyun said, “I can provide light so that we can find him.”

The minion looked really relieved as the two of them followed him out to help the poor minion stuck in the engine room, leaving its friend still passed out on the floor.

Now the only awkward ones left were Chen and Chanyeol. They regarded each other for a moment. Should they talk to one another, or be awkward and bored? They glanced over at their leaders, who were watching the Game intently, scowls on their faces. It looked like there were dark clouds above their heads.

They turned back to each other.

“So . . .” Chanyeol said after a while. “What sort of powers do you have?”

Chen’s face relaxed into a smile when he decided that Chanyeol wasn’t mocking him but was rather curious and friendly. “Lightning,” he said. “What’s yours?”

“Fire,” Chanyeol replied, grinning. He snapped his fingers and fire was lighted up in his palm.

Chen stared at the beauty as the sparks cackled. “Whoa, it’s so pretty,” he said, dazed.

Chanyeol nodded and closed his palm, making the fire go out and he snapped out of it. “If you know how to control it, it’s pretty,” he said. “But I have to be careful. I have to be able to control it. Otherwise this whole place would have been burnt down by now.” He chuckled, remembering a memory.

Chen smiled. He seemed friendly enough. So he walked over to him and they, too, began to get to know each other.

Suddenly XiuMin and Sehun giggled and they began making silly faces at one another, causing the others to turn and look at them. The four of them all shook their heads at their craziness.

“Well, I guess you know what they say,” Chanyeol spoke up and everyone turned to him.

“What do they say?” Chen asked curiously.

“That everyone has an idiotic friend,” he went on.

“But I don’t have an idiotic friend,” Sehun, Tao and XiuMin said, frowning.

“Which means you’re the idiotic friend,” D.O cracked up and he, Chen and Chanyeol all high-fived one another.

Sehun smacked Chanyeol on the face.

“What the hell, Sehun?” he exploded.

“What do you mean?” the maknae asked innocently. “You were all high-fiving each other, so I thought I’d high-five your face.” He grinned.

Chanyeol groaned and D.O shrugged.

“You deserved that,” D.O told him.

Further down, Kris and Suho decided to check on the others and asked minions to take over for them. When they came up to their members, their jaws dropped to see the friendly atmosphere as Exo-K and Exo-M chatted easily among each other.

The door swung opened and Baekhyun and Lay came back in, grinning at each other. They high-fived each other. “We make a good team,” Baekhyun said and Lay nodded in agreement.

Kris and Suho turned to each other, stunned by what they had seen.

What just happened?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! Yeah, I'mma leave it that because I'm pretty sure you're all happy to hear that Exo are ONE, right? :PP