Chapter 22

The Best 9 Months Of My Life!
Woohyun's POV~

After a few days we went to the beach to just look at the ocean knowing that it was too windy to swim. We built sand castles and had a little picnic to start our day.

"Appa, Yoogeun! Let's play ball," Hyemi called out holding her colorful beach ball. I smiled and Yoogeun and I raced to her. After hours of playing it got darker so we were getting ready to leave. HyeMi's ball then rolled off heading towards the ocean as she ran after it with Yoogeun following behind.

HyeMi's POV~

I got to my ball when someone picked it up, a boy not much older than me.

"May I have my ball back?" I asked him as he stared at me. He just smirked and walked away with it. "Yah! Give me back my ball," I said grabbing his arm turning him around facing me.

"This your ball?" he asked grinning, then he lifted it up high above him. "Then try and get it." I jumped up and down but I was too short to grab it. He laughed and shoved me to the ground and walked away when Yoogeun stopped him.

"Apologize," he said his voice firm. The boy scoffed and shoved him away.

"Who are you?"

"I said apologize to her," Yoogeun snapped grabbing the kid's shirt. Woohyun came in time before he could get his hands on the kid.

"What's going on?" Woohyun asked pulling me up from the ground.

"I came back to get my ball when this chick came claiming that this was her ball then she fell and this guy came and yelled at me like I pushed her or something," the boy explained almost crying.

"You have the guts to lie but don't have the guts to say a simple sorry for pushing her?!" Yoogeun snapped. "That's not even your ball it's hers!"

"Yoogeun-ah, just forget about it. Let's just go," I said holding his arm. He obeyed and we started walking when he mumbled, "Morons." And soon enough Yoogeun turned back and was on top of him. Woohyun pulled him off as he struggled to break free.

"Don't you ever call Hyemi a 'chick' or anything else, if i find out I'll kill you!!" Yoogeun snapped and was then dragged back. Back at Mrs. Kim's place, Woohyun set Yoogeun on the couch.

"What were you thinking?!" Woohyun yelled which scared YoonHee, but she was still brave enough to try to calm him down. Me, on the other hand, stayed away scared. "Why did you punch him?!" Yoogeun was silent, but his eyes showed that he was burning; full of anger.

"He pushed Hyemi, took her ball and called her names," Yoogeun replied holding in the anger.

"That doesn't give you the right to beat him up!" Woohyun yelled again but a tiny bit softer.

"I have the same rights as every other human being on this planet! And I'm sorry I was standing up for that 'chick' and I'm sorry I don't have parents here to teach me a lesson!!" Yoogeun shot back and soon he was out the door.

"Woohyun, who are you guys talking about? Who is this 'chick'?" YoonHee asked. Before Woohyun could answer I went after Yoogeun.

Yoogeun's POV~

"I was wrong about you, I thought you were different but you're just like the rest of them," I mumbled angrily to myself.

Woohyun's POV~

"What did I just do?" I said running my fingers through my hair.

"Go and find him," YoonHee demanded. I just sat on the couch covering my face with my hands. "Fine, if you're not going then I'll go," she said grabbing a jacket until I grabbed her wrist.

"You stay, I'll go," I said and left. I walked around Busan to find him but he was no where to be found. "Why is it easier to find him in Seoul than here in Busan?" I whispered to myself. After what felt like hours I found him sitting in a bus stop.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"I didn't know where else to go, so I stopped here to see where the bus takes me," he replied. We sat in silence for a few seconds or so.

"I'm sorry," we both said in unison. We looked at each other shocked, but then we laughed it off. "You go first," he said. I gave a soft smile and looked up into the sky.

"I didn't mean to freak out on you earlier today," I said. "I was just... I don't know." Silence took over again.

"I know what you were doing. It wasn't right for me to take action so quickly," he said breaking the silence. "I just couldn't take it anymore." We both sighed and looked at each other.

"I'm also sorry, I didn't mean to offend you that way about your...parents," I said looking down to the ground.

"Don't worry about it. They've taught me well, but I just never took their advices," he said with a snort. I smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

"We're so much alike, I swear we're like brothers or something," I said with a chuckle. He did as well and out of nowhere he hugged me, crying.

"I don't want to leave you," he cried.

"Don't worry, I'll never let you go. Heck I think I might even adopt you," I teased as he let out a little laugh.

Yoogeun's POV~

*Soon we'll have to say our goodbyes, but for now I want to make every second worth it.*