Not long left

Is Hate really Love? Or is Love really Hate?

 

MINHO’S POV

 

After Hannah and Yeonnie left the house I start to cough. I keep coughing, I feel something coming up my throat so I bend over the sink, I look down and realise that I’ve just coughed up blood; I quickly rinse it away before anyone sees it. I reach into a cupboard and get some medicine for my headache, I thought the doctor said it wouldn’t happen till at least my mid thirties and I’m only twenty one now. Aish, let’s not get nervous or worried about this, I still have plenty of time; I hope. I go up to my room and lie down on my bed; I bury my head in the pillow and breathe in Yeonnie’s scent that still lingers there; I’m going to propose to her on Sunday at the restaurant. Everyone knows about the proposal apart from Yeonnie; I’m surprised she hasn’t found out about it yet. Urgh my head hurts; I close my eyes and I slowly drift off to sleep.

 

-----------------------TWO HOURS LATER--------------------------------------

 

I wake up to hear Yeonnie coming up the stairs; I stand up quickly and neaten my clothes. She comes into my room with a blank expression on her face. I suddenly feel dizzy so I lean on the wall; I look at Yeonnie and smile.

‘Minho… I have to tell you something.’

‘What is it? Are you ok?’  I can feel my stomach turning; I can feel something rising inside of me.

‘I’m-’ I run into the bathroom and puke into the toilet, I can feel Yeonnie patting my back.

‘Mianhe.’

‘It’s ok; maybe you should go back to bed and rest for a bit.’

‘Ok.’  I lie down on my bed and Yeonnie places a damp flannel on my forehead. ‘Yeonnie what were you about to tell me?’

‘It’s nothing important, it can wait.’

‘Ok.’ She leaves the room and I fall asleep.

 

----------------------------NEXT DAY-----------------------------------------

 

Once I get dressed I go down to the kitchen and have a glass of water to drink; I go into the living room where Taemin is.

‘Taemin?’

‘Neh hyung?’

‘I need a favour.’

‘What is it?’

‘Remember when I was fifteen and your mum took me to the doctor?’

‘Yes… I thought you didn’t want to talk about it.’

‘The symptoms have come early; I’m going to see a doctor today.’

‘No! It can’t be! Minho, you can’t leave. I’m not ready.’ He starts to cry.

‘I’m sorry Taemin but whatever happens, it’s for a reason. I am going to tell Yeonnie when I get the results. When I … When I… When I leave, please take care of her.’

‘Don’t talk like that! You won’t go, you’ll never go!’ I give Taemin a hug.

‘I won’t be leaving for a long time yet; so don’t worry. I have to go to the hospital now.’

 I walk out the door and make my way to hospital; I can feel my heart pounding against my chest with every breath I take, I go into the hospital and wait patiently for the doctor to see me.

 

MI YEON’S POV

 

‘Park Hannah and Mi Yeon?’ 

We go into the doctor’s room and wait patiently.

‘Have you told Minho yet?’

‘No… I was going to but he vomited so he went to bed. I never got the chance.’

‘You’ll have to tell him soon.’

‘I know; I’ll try again tonight if he’s feeling better.’

‘Good news. Both your babies are healthy and well.’

‘Thank you doctor, we’ll see you in two weeks time.’

We walk out the door and we walk down the corridor, we go round a corner and I bump into someone.

‘Mianhe, I wasn’t looking where I was going.’ I bow down.

‘Yeonnie?’ I look up.

‘Minho? What are you doing here?’

‘I’m seeing a friend who’s unwell, what about you?’

‘I came with Hannah for her check up.’ He turns and suddenly notices Hannah.

‘Oh, if you don’t mind I must go to my friend now.’

‘Of course, I’ll see you at home then.’

‘Nah.’ He pecks me on the lips and he walks off. Me and Hannah head home. I will tell Minho tonight.

 

MINHO’S POV

 

Phew, that was close. I go into the doctor’s room and sit down.

‘Hold on a minute, I’ll just get your results up after I have finished typing all the information about the last two patients.’

‘Neh.’

I watch him as he types on the computer; two pictures pop up on the screen, they are ultrasounds of babies; I look to the top of the screen and read the name Park Hannah, Mi Yeon.

‘Excuse me doctor, is the patient you just saw Park Hannah? Does she look more English then Korean?’

‘Yes, do you know her?’

‘Yes, she is my girlfriend’s best friend and she is my best friend’s girlfriend.’

‘So your girlfriend is Mi Yeon?’

‘Yes, she came with Hannah for a check up today for the baby.’

‘Ah so you know… Yes both babies are doing well; they should be born healthy and well.’

‘Is Hannah expecting twins?’

‘No, I was just referring to both of them.’ What in the world? Wait… Is Yeonnie?

‘You mean Hannah and Yeonnie are both pregnant at the same time?’

‘Hannah is week longer pregnant than Mi Yeon.’ Wait that must be the reason why Taemin and Hannah are getting married! I am so smart. Wait… I’m going to be a father!

‘Anyway, back to you. Your results are back from the tests.’ My mouth goes suddenly dry.

‘How bad is it?’

‘I’m not going to lie; it’s very bad. It’s came quicker than expected.’

‘How long do I have?’

‘Less than a year. It could be a two weeks, it could be two months but it’s defiantly less than a year.’

‘Ok, is there anything you can do?’

‘Unfortunately no, but there is medication you can have to stop the pain.’

‘Ok; I’ll guess I’ll go now.’

How am I going to tell everyone? I’ll tell Taemin first, then I’ll tell everyone else but I’ll tell Yeonnie in private alone. My life . I need to propose to Yeonnie! I have to tell her first… I’m so sorry Yeonnie; you will be raising a baby all on your own.

 

 

 

Thanks for commenting!  I kept my promise! :D  XXX