The race is cancelled

Is Hate really Love? Or is Love really Hate?

YEON’S POV

I’m standing in a meadow, wild flowers are everywhere, their colours consists of purple, yellow and white, there’s a stream nearby and as I go closer I can see beautiful butterflies flying everywhere. I walk towards the stream, create a cup with my hands and splash my face with the water; a hand touches my shoulder, I turn around and look up but I can’t see who it is because the sun is blocking my sight, however his presence is like an angels and it makes me feel safe.

 

I slowly open my eyes; that is the first good sleep I’ve had in a long time, my head hurts so much. What happened yesterday? I try to move  my hand but something is holding it down, I look over and see Minho’s hand on mine, his head on the mattress and the rest of him is crouched on the floor, did he take care of me? I look around and see a flannel, medicine and an empty bowl of soup. He really did take care of me; I look at his peaceful face, I gently place my finger in between his eyebrows, but he doesn’t even flinch so I slowly move my finger down his nose but I still don’t get a response. I place my hand on his head and slowly his hair.

I suddenly remember that I’m in an all boys’ school and remove my hand, well this is an awkward position, what should I do? He suddenly begins to stir, I quickly close my eyes and pretend that I’m asleep.

 

MINHO’S POV

I slowly open my eyes, my whole body is aching and stiff, I lift my head and see Yeon still sleeping she still looks pale, I get up and stretch my body releasing all my aching joints which have stuck together. I brush some hair off her face and sigh, why didn’t tell you me who you were? Why did you come here?

‘Mi Yeon, I’ll help you. I promise’ I whisper this and then go to the bathroom, I step into the shower and wash all my sweat away, as I just finish washing all the soap off my body I hear a loud noise from the room, I quickly get dry and put some clothes on, I go into the room and see Mi Yeon on the floor, I rush towards her.

‘Mi Jonghun are you okay?’ I remember to use her male name so she doesn’t realise that I know her secret.

‘Fine.’ It’s barely audible.

‘No you’re not, get back in bed.’

She tries to get up but she falls back down, I help her up, well more like pull up seen as she has no strength. I help her into bed and pull the covers over her, she’s trying to push me away.

‘What’s wrong?’

‘Let me have shower and get dressed, I need to get ready for today.’

‘What’s happening today?’

‘The race of course, I have to get ready.’ Oh! Of course the race is today, I completely forgot about it.

‘You’re not racing, you’re too ill, you will be staying in bed all day, now stay there whilst I go and you some breakfast.’

‘Yes umma.’ She giggles a little and I can’t help but smile, I go out the room and head to the cafeteria.

In the cafeteria, I get some toast and a pot of yoghurt for her. As I go back to our room I hear voices, it sounds like Key, I put my ear to the door and listen.

‘Are you sure you’ll be ok?’ Key asks Mi Yeon in a concerned voice.

‘I’m fine, Minho is taking care of me.’ My heart starts beating faster.

‘Ok, just make sure he doesn’t find out that you’re a girl.’

‘Don’t worry, he won’t and anyway if he did what can he do? I’ll just run away.’ What? Run away?!?!

‘You can’t run away again, what if Park-‘

‘Please. Don’t say his name.’

‘Sorry. But if you run away, Mr. P will find you for sure, this is the only place you’re safe. Don’t ever run away because he will find you.’ WTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

‘Fine. Whatever, you’re making me depressed. Don’t you have class soon? I wonder where Minho is?’

Ok enough eavesdropping. I open the door and go in, Key gets up quickly and leaves without saying a word, I pass Mi Yeon the toast and yoghurt and she eats it in a split second, she still looks pale though.

‘Thank you.’ She looks at me and smiles.

‘It’s ok; I think it might be better if you went to sleep for a bit.’

‘Ok.’ She snuggles up in the duvet and soon she is asleep. I get a book out and start to read, I’m sure the teachers won’t mind if I skip a day of school to take care of a friend.

Friends? We’re hardly friends at all, but I want to be more than that, I want to be best friends, I want to be lovers. Lovers? Only in my dreams would that happen.

 

Hey everyone! Sorry if this chapter is a bit uneventful, I was a bit stuck for ideas, but I have plenty now. The next update won’t be an official update it will  be teasers of what’s to come, if you don’t won’t any teasers just let me know! Thank you :D xxx