Bruises are gone and in return I get a phone and an iPod

Is Hate really Love? Or is Love really Hate?

MI YEON’S POV

My eyes flutter open to see a chest in front of me, I recall the night before when I went to bed, but I kept Minho with me because I was cold. I listen carefully to his heartbeat, his chest rising and falling in synchronisation. I shuffle a bit in the bed to get more comfortable, I hear Minho yawn and I quickly shut my eyes knowing that he is waking up. He slowly and careful moves his hands from my waist and makes his way to the bathroom, I stay under the covers to try and keep warm. Today. Today is my birthday; I’m 19 years old today but for some reason I don’t feel happy. Today, I’m going to meet L. Joe in the restaurant where we ate a week ago, hehe. I can be a girl again! Well, only for today, but who cares? I hear Minho groan and I sneak up to the bathroom door.

‘Ahhhh, damn!’ He suddenly shouts making me jump.

‘Minho! Are you ok?’ I knock on the door gently.

‘Umm. Y-yeh, I just stubbed my toe.’ He sounds really breathless. After a few minutes he comes out the bathroom with his face covered in sweat.

‘Are you sure that you’re ok?’

‘Yeh, I’m fine. Honestly. I’m going to go and have some lunch.’

‘Lunch? Don’t you mean breakfast?’

‘No, it half 12.’

‘Oh No! I’m going to be late!’

 I quickly dash into the bathroom, shut the door and jump in the shower. I look at myself in the mirror to see that all my bruises are gone! My bruises are gone! I am so happy right now!!!! I can wear a dress! I can wear short sleeves, woohoo! I know, I’ll wear a dress to see L. Joe! I am so excited. I quickly pull my joggers on and I put my girl clothes in a bag. I go out my room to see Minho coming down the corridor.

‘Yah Minho! I will be out for the rest of the day ok?’

‘Where are you going to go?’

‘To see Jonghyun. Bye.’ I wave and head out the school gates. Why did I lie to him? I make my way to the public toilets and get changed; I put my hair extensions in, applied a bit of makeup and left the toilets.

 

I look around and I finally find the restaurant.

‘My friend booked a table under the name of Kim Yoon.’ I look at the waitress, she is so pretty. I follow her to the table and sit down, I’m 5 minutes early but I don’t mind. I sit and wait patiently.

 

 

-----------------------20 Minutes later-----------------------------------

 

 

20 minutes have passes and he still hasn’t come. I take a sip of my water and look expecting to see a waiter, but instead I see a young boy standing in front of me with a box in his hands.

‘Hi, I’m Changjo. I’m sorry but L. Joe can’t come to see you because his Nan has just died. I hope you understand, he said to say sorry especially since it’s your birthday.’

‘It’s ok, I understand. I’ll be going then.’ I stand and make my way outside, disappointment filling the whole of my body.

‘Wait!’ I turn around to see Changjo running up to me.

‘Here is your birthday present of L. Joe, he said to tell you that you’re not allowed to open till I’ve gone so you can’t reject it.’ He hands me two boxes, I look at them with curiosity filling my mind.

‘Thank you. I guess I’ll be going now.’ We shake hands and walk away from each other. I go to the nearest park and sit down. I go to the first gift box.

 

I open it to see inside a mobile phone, I press one of the buttons and life comes from the screen, there is one unread message.

I’m sorry I can’t be there with you today on your birthday; I hope these gifts will make up for it. You can’t even reject the presents because I have already opened them and put stuff on them. So *mehrong*! I will probably be able to see you in a week or so, the boys want to meet you. You better do your research on us! Keke, anyway I have to go now. I hope to see you soon.
Happy Birthday- L. Joe
J

I finally have a phone; Mr. P won’t be able to track me down now. I smile to myself as I read the text again. I place the phone back in the box, I go to the last box, wondering what it could be.

 

 

 

I open it cautiously, as I look at the gift I realise that it’s an iPod. I can’t believe it, a phone and an iPod, a scroll through the songs. There are lots of songs by Teen Top, there is a another group called Super Junior, another group called DBSK, another group called SNSD, another group called F(X) and lots more separate ones. I guess I really can’t return them now. I look at the time, I’ve been out for almost two hours, I think I’ll go and see Jonghyun to see how he is before he leaves tomorrow. I get up off the bench and make my way to the hospital. 

 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting! Your comments seem to make me write more! Hehe :D xxx