Definition of Love?

In love with another face

A/N: This is one of the interesting parts of the fanfics I promised. Let's read!

 

 

EunHye’s POV

“Where do you want to go? With Super Junior to walk around L.A, with SHINee to shop or with EXO to Disneyland?” asked Hong Eonni.

I just shook my head.

“I don’t know.” I replied and gulped.

I am feeling nervous. It’s not because Kai is looking at me intensely but it’s more like the boys of SM are looking at me with VERY intense stare.

“So?” said JongHyun.

“Look, we haven’t got all day!” grumbled Kyuhyun.

Their stare became more intense. They were all waiting for my answer.

We were all standing right in the heart of L.A and since their concert ended with a bang; they wanted to enjoy what L.A had in stored for them.

Initially, I wanted to go with F(x) eonnis to the beach but Hong Eonni has other plans in mind, so I was dragged out by her to decide whom I was suppose to go out with.

And yes, if you’re wondering, I have already met Super Junior’s evil maknae, Kyuhyun. He’s the only person I know in Super Junior.

“We want your answer NOW.” They demanded in unison.

“Well, I have been to L.A once before when I was much younger… but…” I was about to give my answer when Taemin cuts me off half way.

He came towards me and kissed my temple.

“Obviously she would choose to go out with SHINee. I’m her boyfriend.” He told them confidently as he locked our arms together.

I didn’t feel uncomfortable or anything, after all he is my childhood friend. Linking our arms together is no big deal, no?

I could feel Kai’s and SeHun’s stares stabbing my back which obviously broke the skinship I had with Taemin.

I could see Kai mouthed “EXO” but I was trying my very best to ignore him till he mouthed “track pants”.

I sighed and admitted defeat immediately. I just don’t have that amount of money to pay that rich kid.

“I’ll go with EXO.” I said softly.

Taemin looked at me with teary puppy eyes. It’s pleading me to change my answer.

I’m sorry, Taemin. But I’m in no position to grant your wish.

I’m no genie of yours. The one holding my lamp is Kai and his wishes are my command.

“But… but…” Taemin wanted to backfire but Key stopped him.

“Since she already had made up her mind, let’s go already! Big sales don’t wait you know! And I really want that Calvin Klein straight cut jeans! C’mon, there’s no time to waste! Let’s go shopping~!” Key told him as he pulled the younger along with him while the rest of SHINee followed suit.

 

Super Junior left as well to explore the streets of L.A.

SeHun grabbed me by the shoulder and pats my head.

“You chose correctly. Wise choice.” SeHun said in a sarcastic tone.

The rest actually agreed to what the dorky maknae said. Surprisingly, Lay agreed to it too...

“Alright, c’mon. We need to go, like what Key said, there’s no time to waste!” Kris told us.

 

:>>> At L.A, California, Disneyland <<<:

While the rest of us were waiting for Kris to buy our ticket (since he knows how to speak English), the boys played scissors, paper, stone. The two losers had to dance in front of the crowd as penalty.

After three minutes, it was down to Kai, Lay and D.O . The expressions of D.O and Lay was priceless when they lost the game.

“Dance MAMA! MAMA!” the rest of the members chanted “MAMA”, demanding them to dance immediately.

I even joined in the chant which made D.O a little “pissed” since he gave me a small light punch on my right arm.

Fans around us were also chanting “Dance MAMA! MAMA!”. Thankfully, they are unable to recognize me since I was in the disguise Hong Eonni gave to me earlier with my pig mask.

 

 

D.O and Lay hesitated a little but still gave in and danced “MAMA” to please both the fans and their rowdy members.

 

 

 

I have to admit a sinful confession. Lay and D.O are really attractive when they dance.

Especially Lay with his U-neck low cut tight white shirt. However, Kai still dance way better than him.

 “Alright, let’s go in. I’ve got a lot of rides that I’m very willing to try here.” said Kris as he gave each of us one ticket.

 

Initially, I was walking beside BaekHyun since he was giving me tips on how to put on eyeliner somehow I ended up walking side by side and holding hands with Kai.

Aigo, don’t he knows his every actions are driving me insane?

Since when did he suddenly become nicer when he came back from China? Did he eat the wrong medicine?

I kept thinking about this question but nothing seemed to come to mind.

I immediately released my intertwined hands with his and walked beside SeHun.

I have my reasons, and I want to find out why.

 

:>>> Fast Forward <<<:

While the rest were busy playing, Kai and I was just standing at the exit waiting for them.

Silence engulfed us as we stood about thirty centimeters apart.

“Let’s ride on that one.” He spoke and pointed to a ride.

I directed my focus on the ride he was pointing to.

The Ferris Wheel.

I wanted to use EXO as an excuse but Kai seemed to know what kind of excuse I’ll give him.

“They’ll be in their lala land by the time they head to the exit. They won’t even bother whether we exist or not. They’re busy entertaining themselves anyway.” He told me and immediately grabbed hold of my hand.

“There’s no time to waste.” He added and walked straight towards the ride.

 

:>>> In the Ferris Wheel <<<:

Silence once again engulfed us.

I sat opposite Kai. I’m avoiding Kai on purpose.

I’m also avoiding Taemin on purpose.

Why?

My heart is in a mess.

Taemin was a crying mess when he saw me and Kai boarding the plane together.

My heart aches when I see my best childhood friend crying for a girl he loves so dearly but who doesn’t know how to return that love.

At first I thought he was the one I love so deeply but the love slowly creeps up and made me falling for another face.

I couldn’t look at him. I’m ashamed.

Guilty and insecure.

WHY DID I FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU, KAI?

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment.

When I opened my eyes again, Kai was staring at me.

For a moment, we remained silent. My mind went blank, I froze. He seemed to be frozen too since he is staring straight into my eyes.

His eyes staring directly at me while I doing the same.        

Why aren’t you saying anything, Kai?

Even the silence is deafening when only I could only hear your deep breathing.

 

Finally, he made his move towards me and held my shoulders tightly.

Ouch, why is his grip tighter than usual? Is he mad at me? Is he going to murder me?

The next thing I know, our face is only two centimeters away.

“Tell me…” he began.

I tried to speak but I can’t seem to since he cast his spell.

TELL ME…” He said with such intensity in his tone.

“Tell you what?” I spoke as I gave him a clueless look.

“Did you?” He muttered.

For some unknown reasons, my tears fell.

I tried fighting back the tears, but they fell.

DID YOU CRY LIKE THIS WHEN I SAID THAT I DIDN’T WANT TO SEE YOU…” he said.

DID YOU CRY LIKE THIS WHEN I LEFT FOR CHINA…

DID YOU CRY LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS WITH CHAEMIN…

DID YOU CRY LIKE THIS… BECAUSE YOU’RE SAD?

I turned away from him.

“Kai, you should care about your identity. Your fans are all around the area.” I said in a weak tone.

Kai pinned me down on the seat. He’s on top of me.

Our faces are now one centimeter away from each other.

“Stop giving excuses, EunHye. Stop talking about my fans. Just TELL MEDamn it.” He said.

“Did you or not?” he whispered harshly.

His stare increased its intensity. I could not help but to look right into those mesmerizing eyes of his.

 “Ne.” I answered truthfully. (more like without thinking.)

He pinned me down harder.

“Now, TELL ME… What REALLY is love…”

What’s going on in his mind? We’re in the Ferris Wheel which is VERY OPEN to the public and he’s asking me the REAL definition of love?

Why are you so unpredictable?

“Kai. You should care more about your…” Kai puts his index finger on my lips.

“Reply my question.” He ordered.

My mind is drifting off. I wasn’t thinking straight.

My heart is busy pumping “love hormones” to my mind.

What really is love? Pabo EunHye.

Isn’t the answer right in front of you?

“You…” I blurted out softly without thinking twice about my answer.

My answer is confirmed. Love was just right in front of me.

Love is blind and yes, I’m blind.

I’m a handicap in love.

 

Without a second thought, Kai pulled me up with a jerk.

We’re now zero centimeters apart.

He grabbed me by the waist and placed my lips on his.

 

When he kissed me, we’re already on the top of the Ferris Wheel.

A love legend coming alive.

 

 

 

A/N: If you watch anime or read mangas, you'll understand what I mean by at the top of the Ferris Wheel. In Japan, people believe if you ride on the ferris wheel with your beloved one, your relationship with him or her will move up on many levels and perhaps even get married in the future.

I reedited this since ... well... I found some minor errors here and there... and OMGGGGG I was spazzing like crazy just now when I saw SHINee ON MY TVVVVVVV, but sadly Minho's not there since he is back in Korea for some shooting or something...