Jeju Island does brings back memories.

In love with another face

 

 

A/N: OMGGGG! I am so sorry that I couldn't update yesterday. My brother was using my laptop till late at night so I couldn't use it. I'll try to make it up to you all! Scout's promise (I ain't a scout though, I'm a girl guider ~)

 

EunHye’s POV

I was sleepy so nothing around me occurred to me that I was in Jeju Island, until when I went out of the toilet after changing and putting on the similar pig mouth mask that I wore when I was in Lotte World, Kai pulled me to sit next to him.

I scrutinized the area, it all seemed so familiar. Kai just looked at me and smirked.

“So, what do you think of this place? Beautiful isn’t it?” he asked.

Beautiful? Yes, this place is indeed beautiful.

The air is so fresh, gentle wind gently blowing my hair, sounds of playful children everywhere, couples strolling along the white sandy beach, elderly enjoying the beautiful scenery of the island.

There was a familiar scent coming from the seas. Memories of my younger days flooded my mind. This place is…

Jeju Island.

I stared at Kai, he plastered a smirk on his face.

“Good old times, right?” he asked.

I tilted my head.

What is he talking about? What does he mean by good old times? Wait… Don’t tell me…

“How did you…” I was about to finish my sentence when he actually cut me off.

“I’m your boyfriend. How would I now know?” he replied me in a sarcastic way.

I frowned and demanded for the real answer.

“Okay! Okay. Taemin hyung told me. I think he told me almost everything he knows about you. From your habits, to the clothes you wear, to what kind of hair style you’ll do for each day of the week, to how you eat, to how you talk when you sleep, to your…” he was going to continue but I in.

“Woah. Hold it. He told you that much? Don’t tell me, he even told you about my embarrassing past too…”

“Oh yeah, now that you mention it… He told me that once you and him were at the amusement park, you were busy protecting him from some weird clown because he was scared but in the end the one who was scared was you! You were so scared of one of the scary clowns that you peed in your pants!” He laughed.

He laughed so hard that he was holding on to his stomach cause it was aching because he was laughing too much.

Aishhh… I really don’t know where to hide my face. Why must tell Taemin tell him so much about me. I never once told me about Kai, not once. So unfair.

“What else did he tell you? About instead of him protecting me, I’m the one who protected him?”

He nodded and laughed once more.

“He even told me how scary you were back then. He, himself was afraid to cross the line and make you mad. He feared your spiral kick the most.” He laughed.

I pouted. It’s irritating how the way Kai was making fun of me. Somehow, I don’t dislike it. Perhaps it’s due to the fact, it’s be first time seeing him laugh.

His laughter is really cute.

Yes, you, readers out there, I have once again admitted a fact which I am not fond of saying but, I just did.

“He even told me about… them.” He said softly.

Them…?

My parents?

“I … I… I don’t… understand what you’re talking about…” I stammered and immediately looked to somewhere else.

Upon hearing the word “them”, memories of them will definitely replay in my mind. I get really uncomfortable when someone talks about my parents.

Because… Because…

“EunHye? Are you alright? I won’t talk about it if you don’t want to.” He said it so politely, there was definitely a trace of concern in his tone.

I just gave a nod, and took a sip of the coffee to cool me down.

After a five minute long silence, Kai just had to ruin the moment.

“Hey, let’s head down to the beach.” He said with a smile.

“I don’t feel like it.” I replied coldly.

He frowned and grabbed me by the hand.

“Look, you’re not going to ruin this day. I have been planning this for two weeks because you did well under my help. If you’re going to reject my gift to you today, you’re going to give me an immediate pay for my track pants.”

“You? Plan this?” I raised one of my eyebrows.

He’s acting all so strange. Why would the cold, arrogant and all so prideful Kai prepare something for me?

I’m just his “girlfriend”. Nothing more, nothing less.

He brought me over to the beach and once his feet touched the white sand, he went hysterical.

When I mean hysterical, he really went hysterical.

He’s behaving like a little kid who had never visited a beach in his entire life.

“Hey! Don’t be a party pooper! Come here and join me!” he shouted from a far.

I walked slowly towards his direction while enjoying the breeze which was blowing softly against my face.

I looked at Kai. He was practically jumping around the beach like it belongs to him.

There were many people who was staring at him but he paid no attention. All he cared about was to play on the sand.

He immediately found a spot and sat down where he last stand.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I sat down beside him to figure out what this little kid had in mind.

“Building a sand castle.” He replied in a rather happy tone as he tried building a sand castle while sticking his tongue out like what SeHun always do when he takes selcas.

 

Cute.

Really cute.

 

The more I looked at him behaving in a way that I have never seen before, my hearts beats even faster, and it’s almost as if like I am falling for him.

 

Oh no you don’t, EunHye.

You promise to wait for Taemin.

And you will.

 

But… I can’t stop by fast beating heart. I really can’t.

Being with Taemin was different.

When I don’t want to think about Taemin, I can do so.

I can live without Taemin actually. Well, technically, I lived without him since he became a trainee of SM.

Maybe it’s because I’m used to it.

But… for Kai… I can’t.

Whenever I really, REALLY don’t want to think about this jerk, he always appears out of nowhere.

It’s hard to get him out of my mind since I’m his “girlfriend”. It’s even harder to get him out since he had become a part of my life, being my savior whenever I was in danger.

My mind says that I can live without him but my heart says that I can’t.

I have no idea which organ in my body should I believe. My mind or my heart.

“Yah, pabo. Look at this.” He told me.

I looked at his master piece and it caught me by surprise.

It’s a heart.

“Wha… What is this for?”

“I don’t know actually. I just did it for you to see. Make sure you take a picture of it, and credit me with the tagline. “Kai is such an artistic dude.””

I coughed and pointed at him.

“You? Artistic? Oh please. Don’t get me started.” I scoffed.

Kai pinched my cheeks and demanded I took a picture of it with my phone.

I rolled my eyes, and eventually listening to his demands.

I took out my IPhone and was about to snap a quick picture of that heart…

“STOP! I missed out something!” and immediately made amendments to the heart.

Three letters appeared after he went to amend it.

 

K

A

I

 

That’s right.

The word was "Kai".

He smirked and told me to take a picture of it.

I sighed and snap that picture.

Once I took the picture, he took out his own phone and smoothen the top and wrote six words which once again caught me offguard.

 

E

U

N

H

Y

E

 

You saw what you needed to see. It’s my name alright.

He smiled widely and took a picture of it.

“Give me your phone.” He demanded.

I handed him my phone, he did something to it and returned it back to me.

I checked my phone and he did something which is I don’t know… I don’t know how to explain this situation.

He took the picture and puts it as my first wall paper.

He gave me his phone and his wall paper had the exact same picture but with my name on the heart.

“I don’t understand. Why are you doing this?” I asked.

He just shrugged and said that he had no idea as well. He also said that most probably it’s because it has been such a long time since he came to Jeju Island to have loads fun.

My guess is the adrenaline has gotten the best of him.

After building sand castles, Kai wanted to do something else.

He stood up and went to the sea. He even signaled me to join him.

Seeing him having so much fun, I decided to give in since he hasn’t been to Jeju Island since his trainee years. In fact, I haven’t been here since they died.

As I entered the chilling water, Kai splashed me.

Part of me was drenched. I smirked and stared at him.

“So this is how you want to play?” I said softly.

I immediately splashed him multiple times till he is completely wet. And obviously, I received the same treatment for him.

For a moment there, everything around us doesn’t seem to matter at all. I was having so much fun with him.

Just being with him here, reminded me of the good old times I had with them.

I missed them.

I really do.

 

We played, we laughed, we sang, we danced. As time passed by, it was already in the late afternoon.

The both of us were strolling down the beach, talking and laughing together.

We stopped under a tree and sat on the bench nearby.

I looked at him in the eyes and smiled.

“Gomawoyo, Kai. I really had fun.”

Kai was blushing furiously. He turned towards the horizon and looked at the sunset.

“You’re welcome. To be frank, I should be the one thanking you. I haven’t experience this much fun since my trainee days. I feel really good after letting lose.” He replied in the polite tone I have ever heard.

He turned towards me and smiled.

“Kamsahabnida, EunHye.”

I could feel my whole body heating up as he smiled and thanked me. 

Aish, what’s wrong with me?

Otokke?!

My whole body is reacting on its own!

“The sunset is beautiful right?” he asked.

I looked at the sunset, somehow the sight of it nearly moved to tears.

It reminded me so much about how they would tell me stories about a girl who found her way back home thanks to the sunset.

 

Why?

Why is he reminding of all this?

What is his intention?                   

 

Unknowingly, my body moved on its own. My head ended up resting on Kai's shoulder as the both of us watched the sunset together.

 

What's with me?            

 

A/N: Sorry for the recent 1 person POVs. I am trying to save the best, kekeke. Please wait for the sneak previews to be added into the fanfic~

Next Chapter, you can expect HIM to be in it. And who's the him? You'll have you find out yourself~

I'll reply comments on the next chapter as well :)