A familiar face.

In love with another face

 

A/N: I apologize for not updating :( I am banned from using my com on weekends now... TvT I have to study. So as an aplogy, I wrote this fanfic as long as possible. Enjoy~~~

 

EunHye’s POV

I took out my phone and checked my messages.

 

“EunHye ah!

You must come back to SM!

I need your help with EXO’s wardrobe for their upcoming SM TOWN LA Concert!

PALLI!!!!

                                                                                                      - Hong Eonni”

 

I sighed and looked at the time.

“Yura, I need rush off first. I need to head to my part time job now. My… er… manager wants me there now. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I told her as I was packing my bag.

Once done, I left class and the school compound.

As I walked towards the bus stop, it suddenly rained heavily.

I should have brought my umbrella! I always depend on Yura to bring it for me.

I tried to find shelter by a nearby park but there wasn’t any in sight.

 

*Lightning flashing, Thunder crashing*

 

I screamed.

I hated rainy seasons. I hated it to the core.

It’s because of one incident which left me Astra phobic.

I screamed and ran till I finally found a place to shelter myself from the weather, in the playground’s huge tunnel.

I am freezing cold. I hate being cold. I hate not being warm.

To be frank, Taemin didn’t really help me overcome all of my fears. He didn’t manage to overcome my fear of loneliness and fear of lightning and thunder.

I’m Mono phobic and Astra phobic.

Flashbacks of that very incident kept replaying in my mind.

Get it out of my mind, I don’t want to remember that incident! I’m scared, really scared.

 

:>>> Flashback <<<:

I just turned six years old and Taemin’s family brought me out to the beach to have a good time.

It was a beautiful day. The gentle breeze was very enjoyable. The sun blaze wasn’t that bad.

It was a perfect day to celebrate my birthday with Taemin.

While we were playing in the sand, Taemin’s parents called him.

Taemin pouted and stood up.

“I’ll be back.” Taemin told me and he immediately ran over to his parents.

So I was left back at the beach, playing by myself, when all of the sudden it rained cats and dogs.

I immediately got up to find Taemin but he and his parents were nowhere to be seen.

TAEMIN OPPA! OPPA!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!” I screamed at the top of lungs but no one answered me.

There was no sign of Taemin or his parents.

Soon, lightning started flashing and thunder started crashing. I got scared out of my wits so I ran under an area with many trees for shelter.

My tears were uncontrollable, my shouts were unheard and I was left all alone under the trees.

Each seconds passed, my fear of being alone slowly increases.

Without warning, the lightning strike and it was right in front of me. It flashed right in front of me.

I could feel the electric static running through my body but thankfully it wasn’t that much since I stood under many trees.

Appa once told me whenever there is lightning and thunder, always hide under many trees for shelter.

Slowly, lightning that particular area for about ten minutes. It kept striking, I was so frighten to the point my whole face turned pale, hands were shaking, knees were weak and I was about to collapse when finally Taemin’s father found me.

 

:>>> Now <<<:

The flashback is torturing me. I wanted to phone Yura but when I searched my bag, I realized I left it back at school.

Pabo EunHye.

Unknowingly I was secretly wishing that Kai would find me.

 

Kai, where are you?

SeHun said you’ll be back in Korea today.

But I don’t think you would find me, you left me to be with Taemin.

But Taemin isn’t here, so why aren’t you?

I need you here. I miss you.

Please come and find me like you used to do before you said you didn’t want to see or hear me again.

Please come find me…

 

Just when I thought about him, someone held my hands gently and lifted my head up slowly.

Just when I thought about him, he came. He really came, completely drenched from head to toe.

He came.

“K... Ka…Kai? Wha…” before I could speak, he immediately hugged me.

Finally found you, you pabo.” he said softly and all so gentle.

His words are slowly heating my cold body.

 

However my body was shaking and teeth were chattering.

He took of his jacket and covered me.

However, I was still shaking, he suddenly got into the tunnel and brought me closer to his body and hugging me more tightly.

I sniffled and cried harder.

I was thinking about him and he really came. I thought he didn’t want to see me again.

Kai, do you know how much I miss you?

He hugged me even tighter.

“Yah… Pa… I mean EunHye. Stop crying. I’m here. There’s nothing to be afraid of. I’m here.” He told me.

I know, pabo. I know and I’m no longer afraid.

I held on to him tighter, not wanting to let go for one second.

“Gomawoyo. I knew you would find me like you always do.” I said softly.

 

I can’t help but to be happy. My body was slowly heating up.

It’s because of him, I’m not afraid. My body is slowly melted by the warmth of his body.

I wanted to break our silence but he stopped me.

“Hush now. Let’s wait the rain to subside before heading to our room, okay?” he said.

All I did was to nod in silence.

Without my knowing he covered me with his entire body just to make me warm.

 

Kai, your very own existence is already heating me up and you’re putting your y body on me?

Do you really want me to be burnt to death?

Almighty one, please forgive me and my dirty thoughts. He’s the one dirtying my innocent mind.

 

We spent the next two hours in the tunnel in silence. I try not to talk to him since his face is so pale.

My “boyfriend” is cold.

“Kai, you need your jacket more than me. You can…” he placed his index finger on my lips before I even told him what I was about to say.

“I’m fine. A girl should care for her body more.” He said softly and laid his head on my shoulder.

“I’m pretty tired. Let me rest on your shoulder for the moment.” He added and immediately he fell asleep.

You, pabo. Why did you still look for me when you just came back from China?

Soon, sleep took over me and I was sleeping on Kai’s shoulder as well.

 

:>>> Fast Forward <<<:

We were back at our couple room, finally together as a “couple”.

Kai lets me bath first while he goes to dries his hair.

When I bath finished, Kai was sleeping on the sofa.

I had a huge urge to touch his face and it but I should know my limit.

“Kai, you should bath now. I have prepared a warm bath for you so you won’t catch a cold.” I whispered.

He didn’t respond after whispering many times into his ears.

I let out a sigh. I don’t want him to catch a cold.

I took Kai’s phone which was on the table and phoned D.O.

“D.O oppa? Can you buy chicken soup when you’re on your way back from the company?” I requested.

“Omo? EunHye? Wae you using Kai’s phone?” he asked,

“I left my phone in school… and I’m back at the dorm. Oh and please help me tell Hong Eonni that I’m unable to be there to help her since I have to take care of Kai.” I told him.

“Take care of Kai? Is he sick?” he asked once again.

“Aniyo. But he’s caught in the rain earlier so I have to take care of him so he won’t catch a cold before SM TOWN LA Concert. So please help me pass my message to Hong Eonni and buy chicken soup for Kai?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll be back as soon as I’m done, okay? So for now, please take care of my son. Gomawoyo.” He said with a tender loving tone before ending our call.

Once a umma, always a umma.

I giggled and turned my focus on Kai.

His cheeks were pretty red and he's sweating a lot.

“Kai? Are you okay?” I asked in concern.

Hot… I feel so hot… it’s is so uncomfortable.” He mumbled.

“Ah? Arasso...” I said and immediately brought out a bucket of cold water to cool him down.

I took the towel to clean his body but his shirt was in my way.

I’m sorry, Kai. I’m doing this with a good intention.

I slowly ed his shirt, which obviously slowly revealed his well toned, tanned, six abs body.

I was about to clean his body when he suddenly grabbed my hand.

Gotcha.” He said.

“Bwo?” I looked at him and he smirked.

“Could not resist not seeing my body after I left you for two weeks?” he teased me.

“Bwo… Wait, you mean you…” I stammered.

Kai chuckled and nodded his head.

He moved closer towards me. Face to face. I was two inch away from his lips.

“Yeah. I purposely said that I was hot to see what you are going to do to me next… But I didn’t think that you would be so daring to remove my shirt for me.” He said in a husky, y tone.

I felt a rush of pink shades invaded my cheeks as he said that and I pushed him away from me but only to land on top of him since he pulled me along with him.

Miss me?” he suddenly asked.

I blushed furiously.

“Bwo? What did you say? I didn’t hear want to you said.” I stammered and tried to ignore what he just asked.

He just rolled his eyes and let go of me.

“Close your eyes.” He told me.

“Bwo? Waeyo?” I muttered.

“Just do what I say, pabo.” He said as he flicked my forehead.

“Yah! That hurts!” I growled and pouted.

“Close your eyes now!” he hissed.

“Ne, ne, ne! Grumpy is back.” I said and closed my eyes.

Seconds later, he told me to open my eyes.

And… my phone appeared right in front of me!

“MY PHONE!” I squealed and snatched it from his hands.

“YAH! Hold it right there! Give me that phone! I’m not done with you!” He growled and tried snatching my phone.

“No! This is my…off…” I tried to keep him away from my phone but it ended up toppling on top of me.

Without hesitation, he came closer and closer towards me. I immediately closed my eyes while holding on to my breathe.

“Give me your phone…” He whispered into my right ear.

My whole face heated up, red shades are now invading my cheeks.

How did you find my weakest spot? You know too well.

I just had to give in before my heart explodes.

He got off of me and showed me my lockscreen.

“What is the meaning of this?” He said.

I looked at it. It was no longer the heart shape sandcastle that Kai made for me. It was just a picture of a kitten since I love kittens so much.

“I don’t see there’s anything wrong.” I answered bluntly.

Kai took his phone and showed me his lockscreen.

“How can you CHANGE THE FREAKING PICTURE?! You even CHANGE OUR UNOFFICIAL COUPLE PHOTO! Wait, I’m not done yet… YOU EVEN PUT MY CONTACT NAME AS ‘STRANGER’?! What’s the meaning of this?!” He was basically ranting out whatever he had in mind.

“YAH! I’m not deaf you know! Why can’t I change it? You were the one who wanted the ‘break-up’ with me.” I told him.

What I said stabbed my heart, because it’s the fact. This cold, arrogant dancing machine doesn’t even know how I feel for him and he will never return those feelings.

Kai ruffled his hair.

“I’m…I’… Mianhe… I really didn’t mean what I said that night. I really didn’t mean it. I really regretted soon after that.” He told me.

I looked at him while my tears rolled down my cheek without me realizing.

He touched my cheeks and caressed them gently with his hands.

He chuckled.

“Did I hurt you that bad? Mianhe…” He apologized again.

I shook my head and wiped my tears.

“I have reasons why I changed my wallpapers and your contact name you know. I’m ‘dating’ an idol right now and his contact is in my phone. His unofficial couple photos with me are also in my phone. His messages are also in my phone. If I was suppose to lose my phone like today, my phone might land into one of his fans’ hands and perhaps start bombarding him with nonsensical messages, spread your phone number, post the unofficial couple photos online. He might lose his fans, fame worse still his career. I’m just thinking for him. I don’t care whether the fans will come after me or not. I just want him to live his dream well.” I explained.

He titled his head in a cute manner.

“I didn’t think of that… But… it still gives you no rights! I put your name as “Jagiya” with a heart shape!” He told me with an earnest look.

Jagiya? OMO?! DID HE JUST SAY JAGIYA?

Almighty one in the heavens, did I listen correctly?

I tried to calm myself down and looked away. My heart is pounding so hard and loud.

I really hope that he doesn’t hear how loud it is.

He passed me my phone.

“I don’t mind about the wallpaper but you have to change the lockscreen and at least you could have put a heart shape beside the name ‘Stranger’. I deserve that heart shape since I rescued you from the rain.” He muttered in a cute tone while pointing towards my phone.

Aigo… Why is he being so cute now?

“Ne. I’ll do that now… Okay. I’m done. Are you happy now?” I asked him.

He looked at it intensely and nodded in delight.

“I’ll go bath now. Can you cook dinner for me? I’m hungry.” He pouted.

I giggled and nodded.

“I’ll bring it up once it’s done.” I told him and left him to bath.

 

:>>> MEGA FAST FORWARD <<<:

It has been a week since Kai came back from China and today we’re leaving for United States of America (U.S.A), Los Angeles.

Hong Eonni told me to tag along since it was my term break and she needed help with EXO.

I wore the disguise that Hong Eonni passed to me earlier in the morning, for some reason, I just have no idea why must she give me such exquisite clothing when it’s just a disguise.

      

I even wore the piggy mouth mask that I wore when I went with EXO to Lotte World.

We were all at the airport and I had to blend in with the staffs, so I helped Hong Eonni with the luggage.

“Let me help you with that.” Kai offered.

“Aniyo. I can do this by myself.” I declined his offer.

“You’re a girl for goodness sake. Let me carry this heavy luggage.” He said and took the luggage from my hand.

I sighed and shook my head. I can never predict what’s in his mind.

I slowly turned around and accidentally bumped onto someone.

“Oh, Mianheyo. I didn’t see where was I going.” I apologized and bowed.

“Nah. It’s okay.” The person said.

My eye twitched and I looked up.

I can swear I heard his voice from somewhere. He looked so familiar.

“Hey, EunHyuk! PALLI~” someone called out for him.

“Coming! Sorry, I have to make a move.” He said with a smile.

I blushed and shyly bid him farewell.

He looks so familiar. It’s like I have seen him somewhere before. His name is so familiar as well.

EunHyuk… EunHyuk…

Where have I heard of this name?

I think it was… Hyuk…

“Yah, pabo! Let’s get a move on! We’re running late!” said Kai as he came forward to lead me in.

“Ne. I’m coming.” I said and ran over to him.

EunHyuk… EunHyuk…

His name and face seemed so familiar…

 

EunHyuk…

 

 

A/N: Omo~ The KAIEUN couple are finally back~ Perhaps not? and who is EunHyuk to EunHye??? You'll find out soon~ You might properbly guess who is he if you have read my fanfic carefully... kekeke