CHAPTER 51

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037393330352f696d616765732f313661633637616331623932616564613439363932313836343330302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

They said that a heart that's been broken is the hardest kind to love. It's torn apart and filled with insecurities.

Nayeon stood there hiding and everything inside of her just felt like breaking, even breathing is painful at the moment.

Im Nayeon watch as her world slowly caves in.

And though she feels like her legs are about to give up, Nayeon gathered all her remaining strength to walk away

And though she feels like her legs are about to give up, Nayeon gathered all her remaining strength to walk away. She chooses to turn a blind eye but how long will it last?

How long can she hide this broken heart?

How long can she pretend that she didn't see anything?

JH : "Did you find Jeongyeon?"

NY : "Ani, I have to go outside. My mom's calling."

JH : "Then, what do you want us to tell her?"

Nayeon hesitates, there's really nothing for her to say right now. "Just tell her I'm waiting outside." She said walking away.

JH : "Arraso!"

She hears Jihyo shout, she thought she should've told Jihyo. She should've said something because she knows her friends will stand up for her. 

Jihyo will say the words she couldn't.

Nayeon runs faster and faster until she saw their car. As soon as she got there her knees give up on her, making her sit between a wall and their car. Nayeon wonders for the meantime but everything just ends up with the thought Jeongyeon has cheated on her. Can you really blame her for jumping to conclusions? She saw her wife, she saw her with her own eyes, and no matter how you try to stay calm at a moment like that. You can't convince yourself that it was nothing, the same goes with Nayeon.

So she just cries, she cries in silence.

She doesn't even know how this happened

She doesn't even know how this happened. How could Jeongyeon do such a thing to her? For a long time in a while, Nayeon feels her heart getting cut into pieces. The pain never felt this intense, she just wants to vanish.

The older girl wants to know when did this start or how it happened. Because all this time she never thought Jeongyeon would do such a thing.

Nayeon never, not even once think that Jeongyeon would cheat on her.

All of a sudden the car beeps, Nayeon knows it's her wife coming. Quickly she wiped her eyes, staining her beautiful dress.

JY : "Nayeon? Jihyo told me you went out to talk to mom. Are you still in a call?"

The older girl didn't answer, she didn't even look at her face. She knows the moment their eyes meet she'll just see the image of her kissing another girl and by that time she wouldn't be able to hold her emotions.

JY : "I guess not anymore. The girls said they want to go to a bar and maybe get a few drinks."

NY : "You go, I'm tired and I just want to go home."

JY : "Arraso, then I'll go tell Jihyo we're going home. Just stay inside the car and I'll be back soon."

Without a word, Nayeon got into the car and shuts the door. She saw Jeongyeon runs back and notices how her hair got messy. Nayeon wasn't even sure where to start, should it be with the anger? Or the pain?

-

The way back home was suffocating for Nayeon. She's trying hard not to cry and to control her emotions. Jeongyeon on the other hand didn't think anything of it, she just thought that her wife was really tired.

So she just followed her, not uttering a word and just maintaining these 3 steps behind her.

So she just followed her, not uttering a word and just maintaining these 3 steps behind her

*DOOR OPENS*

Jeongyeon turns on the light and Nayeon just walks forward without pausing.

JY : "Sorry, it must've been too tiring for you since you had to work before the event. You should've stayed home and rested, I would've been fine alone."

"I would've been fine alone?" Nayeon whisper to herself. What did Jeongyeon mean by that? Did she mean she's getting in her way? Suddenly Nayeon stops on her track. "Did you like it?" She calmly asked.

JY : "Hmm well, it is kind of boring but it was for a great cause so I guess it's okay."

Slowly Nayeon turns around she looked at Jeongyeon dead in the eyes and ask. "Did you like kissing your ex?" And the tears just fell on their own.

Jeongyeon's eyes grew bigger, indicating that she knows what her wife is talking about, she knows what she has done. And sometimes saying nothing or staying quiet makes things worst, Nayeon thought the silence answered her question.

That the silence said everything Jeongyeon couldn't say.

NY : "Tell me Jeongyeon when did this all start?"

The taller girl was frozen, she never thought this is how things will turn out for them

The taller girl was frozen, she never thought this is how things will turn out for them. Nayeon wasn't supposed to see that, she wasn't supposed to be there.

In the most crucial time, when the word was most needed, Jeongyeon forgot to speak. 

NY : "Answer me! When did you start going behind my back? After all the things I've done? for you, for us? This is how you'll repay me? Do you still love her?"

JY : "Nayeon it's nothing like that, let me explain."

NY : "Then what? What was the problem?"

JY : "You never knew what the problem was because you never notice. You're rarely home and that's why you didn't notice how things started changing."

NY : "So now we have a problem? If we did why didn't you tell me?! Is this how you handle things? How you fix a problem? Did she perhaps give you what I didn't?"

By this time Nayeon has lost all her logical thinking, she's letting the emotions get the better of her.

JY : "Nayeon, please calm down. We can talk about this in a better way."

NY : "How the hell do you think I'm gonna calm down? I saw my wife kissing someone other than me! This is not the right time for you to stay calm. Or is it because this is what you want too? Arraso, go and be with her. Just leave me alone."

JY : "Nay-"

NY : "Leave me alone! I don't want to see you because every time I do I remember the two of you kissing." She said turning her back on her.

Jeongyeon couldn't utter a word, she can't even think of anything but the face that Nayeon was making. "Please don't make that face." That's the only thing Jeongyeon thought of saying to her wife.

Nayeon takes a deep breath, the silence was killing both of them

Nayeon takes a deep breath, the silence was killing both of them. 

One lost her words and one lost her world.

"Jeong.................. I want a divorce." She said with the saddest voice Jeongyeon have ever heard her make. "Let's just make this quick, if you're gonna hurt me then let's just do it in one go. I don't want to waste time going around, I don't want to mend a broken heart that long. I'll ask Jihyo to prepare the papers." She said making it simple.

JY : "Please let's talk about this." She pleads.

Nayeon turns to face her again and there Jeongyeon knew she's a little too late, the damage has been done and hearts have been broken.

NY : "Please just go." She said sitting on the ground, looking outside.

Nayeon didn't hear a word after that, the next thing she heard was the sound of their door closing. After that came the silence but not the peaceful kind. It was the kind that kills you, that slowly drowns you.

Then came the questions of how who and when.

How did this happen?

Who's the one to blame?

And when did it start? When did their end begin?

As she drowns in her own thoughts she heard the door opening again, it's probably Jeongyeon. The older girl secretly hope it was her. She's probably back to apologize but is Nayeon ready to listen?

"Nayeon?"

Nayeon knows this voice.

"Unnie??"

Jihyo found the older girl all curled up on the floor, broken like a piece of glass.

JH "You're gonna get sick if you stay like that. Let's get you to bed." She said crouching in front of the older girl but Nayeon didn't say a word nor moved an inch. "I'd carry you if I can but we both know I can't. So if you don't think you can walk at least move to the sofa."

Without a word Nayeon got up and moved to the sofa burying herself into it, she has her back on Jihyo.

The younger girl just sat on the floor not saying a word.

NY : "Sejeong?" She mutters.

JH : "Are you asking me where she is? I took her home before I came here. And don't think about worrying about others right now. Just...." She pauses. "Just cry."

And this just made Nayeon cry harder and in the middle of sobbing, she wonders how come Jihyo didn't ask her why or what happened? Because this is Park Jihyo we're talking about. This is the same girl who hates Nayeon whenever she hides something from her. The same girl who'll do her best just to get her to talk. So why isn't she talking?

JH : "I'll stay with you tonight, so don't think about anything else. I already told Sana to cancel your schedule for tomorrow. If you need more days we'll make it work, if you need anything just tell us."

NY : "I-I'm gonna be o-okay after tomorrow." She stutter.

JH : "Don't push yourself, everybody needs some rest." She calmly said.

Nayeon just hummed in response. She knows she needs it but she also knows that the moment she stops doing something she'll just think of these things and that she'll see it again.

Yoo Jeongyeon kissing Kim Jiyeon

Yoo Jeongyeon kissing Kim Jiyeon.

---