CHAPTER 5

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313033363535343537332f696d616765732f313636656262623834333638336664363137303830353635303639362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

It's been days since Nayeon met Yoo Jeongyeon. It's also been 3 days since she starts wondering about her so-called reputation and how she treated her that day. Tzuyu was right, the girl was really nice but what Sana said made a mess in her mind. She thought that being friends with her wouldn't be that bad since she doesn't know a lot of people in Korea at the moment. But at the same time, she doesn't want someone who's just gonna disappear on her after having some fun.

Nayeon chuckles.

"Isn't that friendship kind of weird? One's known for ghosting people and the other one is afraid of getting left behind?" She said to herself.

If you think about it, if Jeongyeon really wants to be friends, how come she hasn't reached out to her after that day?

"Chakaman, why are you even bothered? Weren't you the one who told Sana and Tzuyu you don't want to be friends with someone like her? What if she doesn't text you..... Yah! Pabo-yah, you didn't even give her your number...."

SN : "Maja, you only gave her your sign." She chuckles.

NY : "Yah! When did you arrive????"

SN : "I just got here, so....."

NY : "So what?"

SN : "You do want to be her friend?"

NY : "Ani..."

SN : "Liar, I heard you. What's wrong with wanting to be friends with her? Or is it because you want more than that?"

NY : "Pabo, aren't you supposed to discourage me in this kind of thing? You're my manager."

SN : "I am but I'm not your mom. Besides that, if you really like her who am I to get in your way?"

NY : "Just to set things straight, I don't like her. I mean I don't like her the way you think I like her."

SN : "If you say so haha, I'm gonna go grabs some things. Get ready, we're leaving after I come back."

NY : "Arraso."

-

"There you are!"

NY : "And why are you looking for me???? Don't tell me your gonna give me more work Ms. Park, isn't that abuse?"

JH :

JH : "Yes I am your boss but I'm also your friend and don't say it like I used to abuse you."

NY : "Haha arraso, I'm just kidding, what bought you here Ji?"

JH : "Nothing, I just want to check on you."

NY : "I'm okay."

JH : "That's a relief, just remember if you see her, just ignore her."

NY : "Haha that's been what? 6 years ago? It's nothing now. We were young and naive, it was bound to happen anyway."

JH : "No matter how you say it was nothing, I know it was everything to you. You wouldn't be this reluctant about love if it wasn't. "

NY : "Why do you and Sana make it sound like you want me to get into a relationship? Haha, it's not because of her, it's just it's hard to believe in something you can't see."

JH : "If it makes you happy then it's okay with me. It's hard to believe because you haven't given it a try again. Go out and meet new people."

NY : "Ohh since you're here, do you think it's okay to get upset if someone says she wants to be friends with you then suddenly she bails on you?"

JH : "How did you know she bailed on you? Did you saw her and she ignored you?"

NY : "Nope it's just I haven't heard anything from her."

JH : "How long has it has been?"

NY : "3 days."

JH : "3 days?????? And you think she bailed on you? Is she jobless?"

NY : "No."

JH : "This is exactly why I'm asking you to go out. 3 days is not that long, maybe she's just busy but it doesn't mean she bailed on you. You sure you just want to be friends with this person???"

NY : "Ehhhhhhhhhh? Whatever you are thinking it's not it."

JH : "I'm just saying, you won't be upset if it's just someone you want to be friends with."

SN : "Unnie! Gaja!"

JH : "Go and tell that woman to stop shouting in my company like she's in her house."

NY : "Hahaha arraso."

JH : "You have to introduce me to this "friend" of yours."

NY : "That's if she still knows who I am."

JH : "I know she does. See you!"

NY : "Hai, hai."

There are things the public doesn't know. Things that Im Nayeon wants to forget but couldn't, yet. Her reason for coming back is one of them. Although it's not the reason she's staying it's still the reason why she's where she is now.

-

Camera's rolling, actors acting. Nayeon sits on the side of the studio as she watches her co-worker do their work.

SN : "Omo, who might this be?" She said showing her phone to Nayeon.

FROM : UNKNOWN NUMBER

"Good morning Sana. It's Yoo Jeongyeon."

NY : "Are you blind or something?"

SN : "Rude, I was just asking."

NY : "Well your answer is already there."

SN : "But aren't you looking forward to this?"

NY : "Who said so? I don't really care."

SN : "Arraso, don't go crying if she doesn't talk to you."

NY : "As if."

Sana sits next to her, even though she said she doesn't care, Nayeon couldn't help but steal glances on the Japanese phone.

TO : UNKNOWN NUMBER

"Good morning Jeongyeon, what made you text me." *Wink*

NY : "Flirt." She whisper.

SN : "What? Did you say something unnie??"

NY : "Ani."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"I was gonna ask if you already had breakfast?"

NY : "Another flirt." She whispers again.

SN : "I thought you said you don't care?"

NY : "I don't."

SN : "Then what are you whispering there?"

NY : "I wasn't talking about you guys."

SN : "Oh mianhe."

Nayeon chuckles, she loves Sana like her own sister but sometimes it still amazed her how pure the Japanese are. She can say whatever she likes and Sana would 100% believe it.

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Ohhh I haven't, we had to come into work early."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Uhm... How about Ms. Im?"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Nope, she didn't get the chance either."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Then would you mind asking her if she wants to grab something to eat? You know...... With me?"

Nayeon was taken back, well, she already thought that Jeongyeon has already ghosted her. So when Sana showed her the message, she tried hard to conceal what she felt.

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"And here I thought it was me you want to have breakfast with."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Haha mianhe, I'll ask Tzuyu to take you out."

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Don't.... she's gonna think I'm head over heels for her."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Aren't you???"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Of course not. I'm crazy for her."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Haha you're really funny Sana. I like you."

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Ehhhhh?"

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Hahaha please don't get the wrong idea, it's not like that."

Somehow Nayeon understands why a lot of people fall for her. It's simple, Yoo Jeongyeon has a sweet tongue.

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"So...... if you don't mind? Can you ask her for me?"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"All the sweet talk for this? Arraso."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Gomawo, I owe you one."

When Sana puts her phone done Nayeon hurriedly turns the other way around. Making sure she wasn't caught.

SN : "Unnie."

NY : "Yes?"

SN : "Jeongyeon's asking if you want to go grab breakfast?"

NY : "Aren't you supposed to turn her down?"

SN : "Ehhh but she's nice and she's a friend of my best friend and my girlfriend."

NY : "Even if I want to you know we can't. Were in the middle of work."

SN : "Arraso then I'll tell her to know."

As soon as Sana goes back to texting Jeongyeon, Nayeon also continues to peak at her phone.

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Oh is that so? Arraso, then have a good day."

NY : "That's it?"

SN : "Huh?"

NY : "I was practicing my lines."

SN : "Ohhh I think actors have a habit of talking to themselves."

"You're not disappointed Nayeon. You're not, I mean why would you? There's nothing for you to expect from her." She repeated in her mind. She wasn't expecting Jeongyeon to ask Sana for her number. She's not expecting her to ask them on another day. She's not.

She's not

-

The morning continues, it's been slow and boring. Nothing really happening.

"Ms. Im, somebody left this for you." The security guard handed her a bag.

NY : "Gomawo?"

Sana and her exchange look.

SN : "Excuse me, do you know who left this?"

"She didn't say her name but she bought coffee for everyone and ask me to give you that."

SN : "Ahh gomawo."

After the guy left Nayeon and Sana went back to their sit.

SN : "Open it." She excitedly said.

NY : "Arraso, calm down. We're not opening a Christmas gift."

Nayeon opens the bag, first thing she saw was two cups of coffee and two sandwiches.

SN : "That's it?"

NY : "What are you expecting?"

SN : "Nothing..... Can you at least hand me a tissue?"

The older girl reaches for the tissue and gave one to her but before the girl could wipe her face with the tissue Nayeon quickly grabs her hand.

SN : "Ehhhhh? What's wrong?"

Nayeon didn't say a word just continue to grab the tissue.

SN : "Yah!"

NY : "Shhh."

Sana looked at her and saw how she turn over the tissue. Nayeon looked at it,

"It's great your working hard but don't forget to eat breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day. Fighting Ms. Im!" -YJY

SN : "Omo!"

NY : "I told you to be quiet."

SN : "But...... That's Jeongyeon."

NY : "I know, calm down."

SN : "Unnie, I think she likes you."

NY : "Your jumping way ahead of yourself. Uhmm can you tell her I said thank you and I'll pay her back?"

SN : "Arraso. I guess she did want to be your friend."

---