CHAPTER 59

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036313734333738372f696d616765732f313661656534623061383937356364313430323635303232333735382e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

 

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon walks in a pavilion filled with nothing but strange feelings, it was dark but the stars and the moon were enough to light her way down the path, she looks to her side and saw a group of people singing to Paul Kim's every day, every moment. A song that embodies this whole movie, she knows it's not really for her but a character she's portraying, all of these are a part of a show that makes people believe that love is a magical thing. That it's bond for eternity or even the next life, that love is the answer to everything. Nayeon gives her all in portraying this role, just because she wants people to at least believe in something she failed to have.

Nayeon gives her all in portraying this role, just because she wants people to at least believe in something she failed to have

Im Nayeon failed in love.

And sometimes when she has nothing better to do when the word love crosses her mind heart sting to the point she doesn't want anything to do with it anymore and most of the time or rather every time she thinks of it, it reminds her of that failed relationship she has with her wife. Although Jeongyeon said she loves her a million times Nayeon couldn't stop but wonders, if the taller girl have really loved her since everything they did, was in a rush, that maybe Jeongyeon was just in the heat of the moment. Maybe Jihyo was right, maybe they should've waited for a year before getting married. Or maybe she should've been more like Mina, who made Chaeyoung pursue her for almost 2 years before saying yes. But it doesn't matter since we're talking about Jeongyeon, she's her own person and it just wouldn't fit them. Jeongyeon has always done everything that comes to her mind first. And maybe that's why they got tangled up in this crazy situation.

But Nayeon knows it, they should have waited just like everyone else did.

She walks slower than she usually does. Well, Nayeon lost all the strength and will after that call, after realizing she's always been a step later when it comes to her wife. She wonders what would've happened if she did answer on time, how would the conversation go. She wonders if she'll be able to tell Jeongyeon how much she loves her. If she got to her phone on time, would she be asking the girl to come back? Or would she be saying goodbye? She'll never know which one is it.

Coincidentally their writer choose to have a night wedding as an ending, Nayeon's not taking it personally but it  to be her at the moment

Coincidentally their writer choose to have a night wedding as an ending, Nayeon's not taking it personally but it to be her at the moment. It felt like destiny is playing with her. She's getting a fake wedding while going through the process of moving on from a failed marriage. The tears start to build up but unlike earlier Nayeon couldn't care less, she's supposed to cry anyway. Besides the more tears, she shed the more realistic it'll look, she's done holding it and she's just lucky that the work demands her to cry. No one's gonna know no matter how hard she cries. No one's gonna know that the tears are true.

***Will I be able to smile without you? Just thinking about it makes me cry. The person who protected me throughout my hard times. Now, I will protect you.***

Her wedding dress was getting heavier with every step she makes, she has a long way to go and the place feels empty, unlike her own wedding. Back then, the place wasn't this big but it felt warmer than this. The people and All of their friends watch as she walks inside and of course Jeongyeon waits for her at the altar which was undeniably the best part. Right now, Nayeon can't even see her co-star with her tears blocking her sight. The more she thinks of Jeongyeon the more pain she feels inside and the more tears run down her eyes.

Nayeon loves Jeongyeon too much she's willing to go through all this pain alone.

***Your embrace was always warm, it was my only resting place at the end of my long day.***

The closer she gets the clearer it gets. The end has finally arrived and she's sure the taller girl's not gonna show up, not after everything, not after that call. She should've called her back right then but the stubbornness prevailed. She's fighting the urge to change her mind, what for?

For something she thought was worth sacrificing.

Nayeon arrives at the end of this pathway, she stood in the middle. It was filled with flowers. It was beautiful, just like in fairy tales. Everything about it was perfect but it didn't felt like it. It was nothing compared to her wedding. No amount of flowers or even professional singers can top that day. Maybe it's just because Jeongyeon was there and not here. Maybe it's because it was Jeongyeon who sang to her. Maybe it's because of the tears that Jeongyeon has been all from her heart. Well, everything was better when Jeongyeon was here.

***You alone is enough for me because there's no need for words, I know by your eyes. Flowers bloom and wither. Every day, every moment, let's be together***

Nayeon pursed her lips, she doesn't think she'll ever get married again.

As the taping continues, Nayeon sinks deeper and deeper to this emotional hole she dug herself. Everything inside her was just mixing up. She hates it but there's nothing much she could do to stop the feeling. The guy in front of her held both of her arms.

"If anyone object to this wedding, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Nayeon looks around, she found her friends at the furthest place inside the pavilion, Sana did mention that everyone is coming. Not like they're here to stop this from happening. In fact, there's no reason for doing that, this is what the movie is supposed to happen. No one's gonna say no because this is a happy ending.

But there's only one ending Nayeon really wants to happen.

As the fake ceremony goes on, the older girl couldn't stop but notice the empty eyes that's been watching her. No one holds the same sparkle Jeongyeon's eyes have.

Well, Jeongyeon's eyes are perfect, it's kind and comforting. It has the ability to speak without using any words. Her eyes are the darkest of their kind, sometimes when she's happy it turns purple when she's sad it turns blue. Let's just say that the color of her eyes changes depending on how she feels and Nayeon has always found it amusing.

Sometimes, sometimes its sparkles like stars in the sky

Sometimes, sometimes its sparkles like stars in the sky.

Like the moon in the darkest of the night.

Nayeon started saying her vow "You and I were different. We came from different worlds and yet you were the one who taught me the value of love." She said with tears in her eyes but all of a sudden she felt an urge to pause and look around.

"You showed me what it was like.... To care for another." She stops again.

Nayeon can see one of the writers mouthing the words she's supposed to say. But it's not like she forgot it, Nayeon remembers it, every single word to it. It was just at the moment she saw something far important than anything that's happening right now.

"And I'm a better woman because of that." She looks away as she said the words "I don't want you to ever forget that."

Everyone notices the fixed eyes that were looking far from where she's supposed to look. Without saying another word, without any kind of hesitation, Nayeon let go of her co-actor, everyone wonders what just happened. The director doesn't even know what to do, he forgot to cut the take, and just like everyone else he stayed in silence watching Nayeon put her veil to the back of her head, lift her long white dress, and started running. The camera just continued rolling, wondering where the actress is going.

It could be she's just exhausted from the long day and is starting to see things but Jeongyeon's eyes sparkle like nobody else's. And even in this crowded, dark space, Nayeon sees it. She recognized it because along this sea of people are a set of sparkling one's who's looking genuinely at her like she's some interesting book. Nayeon knows it, even with the mask on , the baseball cap, and the baggy hoodie she's wearing. She knows it, she knows it's her wife, it's her Jeongyeon. So without any warning, the older girl just started running away.

So without any warning, the older girl just started running away

Im Nayeon started running home.

By this time she lost all the logical thinking she had. And just like everyone says, it wouldn't matter how smart you are, when it comes to love everyone's just equally stupid.

Nayeon runs not even turning to her back. She runs like she's going home after a long and tiring day. Funny how she was dragging herself a while ago and here she is carrying her dress like it's not heavy. She doesn't care who's watching nor what they might think. She also doesn't know what to do nor what to say once she reaches her. Should she start with a greeting? A handshake? Or should she go with a sorry? "Apology for what?" Nayeon asks herself.

She doesn't know what she wants, all she could think of is Jeongyeon is here, Yoo Jeongyeon has found her way home.

Sana and the rest of the girls knew she was running towards them, they step to the side giving the older girl a clearer path to her destination. Jeongyeon awkwardly stands there, holding on to the strap of her backpack. And soon enough, Nayeon reaches her but she didn't stop, she let go of her dress and jumps open-handed to Jeongyeon bringing both of them to the ground.

The girls quickly stood in front of them. "5 minutes, you have 5 minutes," Jihyo said.

Nayeon buries her face in Jeongyeon's chest. "Wae?" She asked.

JY :

JY : "If you're asking me why I'm here. Well, I came to see you for the last time. I came to say goodbye." She painfully answers.

Nayeon started crying again. She thought she have made a final resolve but one look at Jeongyeon and everything changes. One look and everything doesn't make any sense.

NY : "Jeong, I want you... Let's talk."

Jeongyeon gently pats her head. "Then, I'll be waiting." She softly said.

MN : "It's about time to get up. Don't worry unnie, I'll make sure you two will talk later.."

Nayeon let go of her embrace with Jeongyeon, she didn't even realize how hard she was holding the taller girl, as if she's telling her not to go. And it's the first time in a while that she saw her face this close. Jeongyeon smiles at her while she wipes the tears on her face but even with the smile, Nayeon could see the pain written all over her face.

"Gwenchana." The girl whispers to Nayeon.

Yoo Jeongyeon loved Im Nayeon so much.

With a heavy heart, Nayeon lets her go, just because it's the only thing she can do at the moment

With a heavy heart, Nayeon lets her go, just because it's the only thing she can do at the moment.

---