CHAPTER 8

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313034323739373532382f696d616765732f313637326237363434646535306461303938323432323731343730302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Yoo Jeongyeon woke up with a couple of messages in her inbox. Most of it from Mina, who's been reminding her non-stop to get up early like she's an old person who can't manage her sleep. Well, she is but not the old person just the part who can't manage sleep. Jeongyeon has severe insomnia caused by a recent event in her life, a recent someone she had trouble moving on.

The first year was the hardest but as time goes by, as she slowly heals everything got better, she just couldn't get her sleep back. But sometimes she feels that her having a hard time getting to sleep is a blessing in disguise. Because it's the only time of the day where she's alone, a time where she doesn't have to worry about what people have to say, a time where she can be herself.

The deeper the nights fall, the more the lights fade.

*RINGS*

She sat and look outside her window and the dawn was breaking, she lives on the highest floor of a prestigious apartment complex in Seoul, alone. Jeongyeon grabs her phone.

FROM : IM NAYEON

"I hope you didn't take my message last night seriously. I meant it as a joke..... Oh, good morning to you Ms. Yoo."

And Jeongyeon didn't know exactly what the other girl was talking about. So she went back to her inbox, scroll a little further down, and there it is. 3 messages all from Im Nayeon.

FROM : IM NAYEON

"And who gave you my number? Don't you think asking people around is wrong?"

FROM : IM NAYEON

"Hey.... I hope you didn't take it the wrong way but I meant it as a joke. I was gonna say sike once you apologize but I haven't heard anything from you."

FROM : IM NAYEON

"I hope it's because you're sleeping that you didn't reply... Again, I'm sorry. Good night Ms. Yoo."

JY : "Pfft... Haha." She chuckles.

TO : IM NAYEON

"I'll forgive you if you sent me a picture."

She jokes, she was in the middle of typing when her phone beeps again.

FROM : IM NAYEON

"I hope that we'll do, I really didn't mean it."

JY : "Im Nayeon, how cute can you be?" She asked herself.

TO : IM NAYEON

"I was kidding, haha. You really didn't have to, it's just I fell asleep and didn't have the chance to text you back."

FROM : IM NAYEON

"YAH!!!!!"

TO : IM NAYEON

"That's weird you're not here but I could hear your scream haha."

FROM : IM NAYEON

FROM : IM NAYEON

TO : IM NAYEON

"Omo, mianhe.... I don't want to ruin your morning Ms. Im, I thought it was okay to joke with you."

FROM : IM NAYEON

"SIKE! :D"

TO : IM NAYEON

"You got me! Haha at least you got the chance to do what you wanted to do last night."

FROM : IM NAYEON

"Well, I usually get what I want haha. I should start preparing I have a long day today."

TO : IM NAYEON

"Did you eat breakfast???? Do you wanna go and maybe grab some before you work?"

FROM : IM NAYEON

"Even if I want to, I can't. Mianhe....."

TO : IM NAYEON

"Are you sure you're not just making some excuses?"

FROM : IM NAYEON

"Of course not, it's just I can't at the moment."

TO : IM NAYEON

"Arraso, then don't forget your breakfast Ms. Im."

FROM : IM NAYEON

"Hai! You too Ms. Yoo..... And thank you again for the coffee yesterday, have a great day!"

Jeongyeon didn't notice right away but the whole time she was talking to the other girl she had this wide grin on her face. Jeongyeon's morning is not mundane as it always does. She only started to notice when her cheeks started to ache.

No matter how deep the nights get the morning will still break the dark sky.

-

Jeongyeon arrived early today, I guess having someone wake her up made a difference. She could hear Mina from outside.

MN : "I swear if Jeongyeon's late again, I'm gonna quit."

CY : "Just give her some chance. Haha, you know her."

JY : "Yep listen to your girlfriend." She said popping out of the door.

MN : "Yah! You scared me!"

JY : "I'm sorry my beautiful face intimidated you."

CY : "What are you blabbering about??? She's not intimidated by that. She's used to looking at this beautiful face every day."

MN :

MN : "Okay it's early for you two to be talking about non-sense. What are you even doing here?"

JY : "Sorry to ruin your date but I'm here for work. I don't see anything wrong with that."

MN : "I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just you're Yoo Jeongyeon."

JY : "And???????"

MN : "Duh? You're Yoo Jeongyeon, you don't come in until it's about time to go."

JY : "Can't a woman change?"

CY : "Yes, if you meet someone like my Mina."

MN : "Pabo. You haven't changed since I met you."

JY : "Hahaha that hurt."

CY : "Not if you're used to it. Please tell me it's because of Nayeon."

JY : "What's the point of lying if you two will just found out. Yes, she did woke me up early."

MN : "Creepy...."

JY : "For your information Ms. Myoui, I legally got her number."

CY : "Legal? Hahahaha that sounded wrong. Let's continue this over breakfast." She said taking out their food. "We can share my sandwich."

MN : "Speaking of breakfast aren't you gonna buy a breakfast for your lover?"

CY : "Wait... What????"

MN : "Yes, yes. This girl just bought Nayeon and her whole set a cup of coffee the other day."

CY : "You bought her coffee and here you are being cheap with us, you just make us 3-in-1 coffee???"

JY : "Well, I didn't have time to mix coffee for 30+ people. You guys get to have my special coffee and I think you should be thankful for that. And Nayeon said she's gonna have breakfast with Sana so."

MN : "So you're still gonna buy her one if it wasn't for her going out with Sana? I smell whip cream."

CY : "Whipped hahaha."

JY "H-A-H-A-H-A very funny, if it's someone whipped then it'll be you. Who wakes up at 4 am to make breakfast sandwiches and a bento for her-not-girlfriend?"

CY : "Correction, it's not-yet-girlfriend. You're just jealous, you don't have someone to make you one."

JY : "Jokes on you I don't need one. The ahjumma down my apartment cooks for me."

MN : "Pabo that's because she owns a diner. Aish all I want is a peaceful morning, let's just eat and go to work."

CY : "As you wish."

JY : "Under......." She whisper, Chaeyoung just looked at her.

-

Today Jeongyeon is attending a show, where they asked artists to come together and do something as a group. Jeongyeon and Mina walk out of the car, they were right in a park somewhere in the middle of Seoul. It seems that everyone has already arrived and ready to start.

JY : "Annyeong! Am I late?"

IR : "Just right in time."

JY : "Then why are you guys gathering here?"

YERI : "We're just talking you know....."

JY : "Know what???"

IU : "Don't deny it, it's all over the news and people are talking about it."

JY : "Ehhhhhh but I don't have any idea what are you guys talking about."

JN : "We heard you are making a move on Im Nayeon."

JY : "Making a move? I have barely been around her."

IU : "Well, it's probably because you said those things when you two got paired up."

YR : "Whichever it is, just make sure you include as to the wedding haha."

JY : "Pabo."

"We're starting in 5!" A staff shouted and the girls started making their way on their spot.

JN : "Hey Jeong."

JY : "Sh*t you scared me, what are you doing walking in the back????"

JN : "Hahaha mianhe, I got left behind you guys walk fast. So about Im Nayeon....."

JY : "What about her?"

JN : "Are you really making a move on her?"

JY : "Hahaha why? Are you jealous? Do you like her? Or do you like me?"

JN : "Pabo, it's just............ Why her? I mean she can't even compare to your ex."

JY : "Hahaha don't you think mentioning someone who's not here is weird? Besides Nayeon is a friend. Nothing like what everyone thinks."

Jeongyeon lost the smile on her face, she doesn't really want anything to do with that girl anymore. But why does it seems like every time she's about to forget her somebody mentions her? That whenever she thinks everything is getting better again she suddenly shows up?

But why does it seems like every time she's about to forget her somebody mentions her? That whenever she thinks everything is getting better again she suddenly shows up?

Whatever the reason may be Yoo Jeongyeon had enough, she's not turning back.

---