CHAPTER 23

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036393036353638382f696d616765732f313638313137646633616562653736393531343335343939343936302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Aside from Mina, Nayeon has passed out in Jeongyeon's car. A while ago she was still trying to convince the taller girl to get ice cream until she fell silent. Jeongyeon knew sooner or later the older girl would eventually fall asleep. The next thing Nayeon knows is there already back in her place and Jeongyeon is standing outside head inside her window.

JY : "Let's go, I'll help you up to your apartment."

NY : "Ani." She stubbornly said.

JY : "You have to get some rest."

NY : "A-n-i-y-o."

JY : "Ms. Im..."

NY : "Nayeon, Nayeon, Nayeon. You said it yourself, it's not Ms. Im or Ms. Yoo anymore."

JY : "Hahaha are you 5 or something? Stop whinging and let's go get you home."

NY : "Ehhh but I still want to eat ice cream Jeong." She said cupping her cheeks and that's all she needs to do. Jeongyeon just gave in.

JY : "Aish..... Arraso, we'll get one then you'll go to sleep?"

NY : "Hai! Hai!"

Jeongyeon walks back inside the car.

NY : "Where do you live?"

JY : "About 20 minutes away from here, why?"

NY : "Do you have ice cream back home."

JY : "Yeah?" She confusedly answered.

NY : "Then let's go there!!!!"

JY : "Huh?"

NY : "I want ice cream and you have one. So let's go!"

JY : "But the deal was were buying one and you're going home."

NY : "Ehhhhh but I haven't seen your place. And you! You've been to my place a lot of time that's unfair." She pouts.

And that was it, Jeongyeon knew from now on if it's Nayeon it'll be hard to refuse, to say no

And that was it, Jeongyeon knew from now on if it's Nayeon it'll be hard to refuse, to say no. How can she even say no if Nayeon is being cute like this?

JY : "Im Nayeon, I didn't know you'll be a big baby after having a drink. Arraso, we'll go to my place grab some ice cream and go home, is that a deal?"

NY : "Hai!!"

JY : "No more change of plans, okay???"

NY : "Yes unnie." She teases her.

JY : "I can't wait to see the face you'll make tomorrow haha."

NY : "What?"

JY : "Haha nothing, just go and rest. I'll let you know once we arrive."

Nayeon just nodded and for the nth time tonight, the older girl has passed out. Jeongyeon can only smile, she never thought they'll end up together late this night.

-

JY : "Nayeon." She taps her shoulder. "Nayeon we're here."

Nayeon brushes her eyes blinks a couple of times and looks at Jeongyeon.

NY : "Sometimes dreams look way better than reality."

JY : "Haha you're not dreaming, didn't say you wanted to see my place. Here we are, gaja, we'll get that ice cream and take you home."

NY : "Arraso." She opens her hands.

JY : "What's that???"

NY : "Carry me? Please?" She pouts.

JY : "I'm pretty sure this is not what Im Nayeon wants."

NY : "Ehhhh but this is what I want. Carry me again, please?"

JY : "Why am I even bothering to argue with someone drunk? Arraso, since we're at it, I'll just do whatever for today. Put your mask and hoddie on."

Nayeon did what she was told and Jeongyeon picked her up. They made their way inside the building.

"Good evening Jeongyeon-ssi, how..... Oh..."

JY : "Good evening ahjussi. Can you keep this between us?"

"Certainly! Have a great night :)"

She smiles back at him and continues walking, even inside the elevator Nayeon won't get down.

NY : "Was that your dad Jeongyeon???? Did he notice us?? This is exciting were like a bunch of high school students sneaking home."

JY : "Hahaha that's not my dad, that's our receptionist. He probably didn't saw you but no need to worry his not gonna say anything. I know him since I moved here."

*DING*

Jeongyeon quickly walks inside her apartment before anyone else sees them. She let Nayeon down and the older girl's eye grew big.

NY : "Woah! This place is really clean."

JY : "What are you imagining? Of course, it'll be clean."

Nayeon walks around her flat, she looks at the kitchen until she reaches the living room.

NY : "You have an lp player???"

JY : "Yes. I started collecting after I saw Chaeyoung's collection."

NY : "Your place is big, 5 people could occupy here..... Look you have a balcony!!! Is that a table? A chair? Can we eat our ice cream outside???"

JY : "Hep! It's too late and it's cold to be outside. We'll do that next time, what flavor do you want? I have vanilla, chocolate, and some melona."

NY : "Hmm arraso.... I want chocolate!" She said sitting on the couch.

JY : "Arraso. Here you go."

Jeongyeon sat next to Nayeon.

NY : "You have a big place, 5 people could...."

JY : "Haha, you said that already."

NY : "Did I?" She innocently asks.

JY : "You did." She chuckles.

NY : "Then....... Your TV! Your TV is huge."

JY : "Gomawo haha, finish your ice cream then we'll go back to your place."

NY : "I don't wanna go home."

JY : "Ehhhhhhhh?"

NY : "There's nothing there, I'll end up alone. Can I just stay here and watch something with you?"

JY : "You're just saying that because of the alcohol."

NY : "But...." She looks at Jeongyeon for a moment. "Okay, then I'll go home now." She said finishing her ice cream.

JY : "I'll get my keys."

NY : "Ani."

JY : "Huh?"

NY : "I'll take a cab or something. You're already home, it'll be a bother if you drive me back." She said standing up.

JY : "No it's not."

NY : "I insist, you stay here. I'll go home since you don't want me here anyway."

The older girl makes her way, Jeongyeon follows her.

JY : "Aish... Change your clothes."

NY : "What?"

JY : "I said if you want to stay change your clothes to something comfortable, I'll lend you something."

The older girl slowly turns around and smirks at her.

JY :

JY : "Yah!"

NY : "Opps you can't take back what you said." She said sitting back on the couch.

JY : "I'll get back at you for this."

NY : "Looking forward to it haha."

JY : "Arraso, here's the remote. I'll go grab some clothes for you."

NY : "Gomawo." She smiles at her.

Nayeon browses her TV and picked Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

JY : "Here you go, the bathroom is on your right. You can take a shower if you want to, call me if you need anything."

NY : "But my movie."

JY : "I'll pause it for you. So go ahead."

NY : "Thank you Jeong."

Jeongyeon sat down, she didn't expect things will end up this way. Now Nayeon is staying the night and it felt like she's the one dreaming now. She closes her eyes to get some rest.

-

NY : "Jeong?"

She opens her eyes and saw Nayeon in her pajama. It seems she has fallen asleep for a while.

It seems she has fallen asleep for a while

JY : "Mianhae."

NY : "Gwenchana I just got out of the bathroom. You look tired sorry."

JY : "Haha why are you saying sorry? I had a lot of fun today and that's all thanks to you. Are you sober up?"

NY : "I'm sober the whole time!" She pouts.

JY : "I guess not haha. Go on and watch your movie, I'll go take a bath too."

NY : "Are you sure? I can wait."

JY : "I am, I'll be back soon."

Jeongyeon was about to make her way to the bathroom when,

NY : "Jeong.."

JY : "Yes Nayeon-ssi?" She teasingly said.

NY : "Your cute but you're kinda stupid."

JY : "Ehhhhh?"

NY : "Am I wrong? I mean, you're nice and cute. You're almost perfect. But you got your chance to turn away and still, you chose to stay."

JY : "Haha I thought a shower would wash away at least a little of the alcohol but I guess I was wrong. I said it before, I'm not walking away."

Suddenly Nayeon walks closer to her until their face is right in front of each other. Jeongyeon can feel her heart beating fast.

NY : "Then, Ms. Cutie, Yoo Jeongyeon don't tell me I didn't warn you. Because from now on it'll be hard for you to walk away."

Jeongyeon can only look at her, she wasn't sure what to say. Not even sure if she can last any longer. Nayeon on the other just didn't care, she moves her face closer to Jeongyeon and the taller girl can still smell the alcohol.

Jeongyeon knew has to move, she has to stop whatever Nayeon is planning. She doesn't want to make things awkward but her body is not agreeing with her. It's not even listening to her, she couldn't move an inch.

*GASPED*

JY : "Apa! Apayo!" She shouts. (TR : It hurts/It's painful)

Because when she thought Nayeon was gonna do something only lovers do, the older girl grabbed both of her cheeks and pinch them

Because when she thought Nayeon was gonna do something only lovers do, the older girl grabbed both of her cheeks and pinch them. Making the taller girl squirm.

Nayeon let go, she moved back and smile. Jeongyeon holds her cheeks, she watches as the older girl walks back to the couch.

NY : "That's what you get for making me feel this way."

Jeongyeon runs to the bathroom, locks the door, and presses her back against it.

"What was that?" She asked herself while she caresses her reddish cheeks.

-

Jeongyeon walks back out, somehow she was able to calm her heart. The first thing she notices was Nayeon hugging the bunny they won earlier watching intently. She sat next to her.

"I could die right now... I'm just so happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be."

It's funny how she just came back and the first thing she heard is this. Because this is what exactly she feels right now.

The movie continues and the silence was indefinite, Nayeon must love focusing on things. Almost an hour had passed and Jeongyeon didn't hear a word from Nayeon.

She turns to her side only to find Nayeon sleeping.

JY : "You're finally sleeping." She brushes Nayeon's hair.

The taller girl picked up the older girl for the last time today. She tacked her in bed "Good night Nayeon." She whispers to her.

Jeongyeon got out of the room, she could sleep next to her and wake up early before Nayeon does. But she knows it's not right to do something only she wants.

"Next time." She tells herself.

She cleaned whatever she needs to clean and fixed the couch. Although she has extra rooms where she can sleep, Jeongyeon opts to sleep in the living room. Where it's closest to the older girl.

She grabs some extra sheets and a pillow. When she was about to lay down she notices how beautiful the moon looks like. She got up and walked outside her balcony.

Jeongyeon used to hate being awake at this time. She used to drink medication just so she could sleep away the night. She hates looking at the moon it reminds her how big the world is and how she's all alone. She hates the dark because it forces memories she was trying to forget.

She used to hate being alone because it reminds her of the pain.

After meeting Nayeon, she would stay up late at night texting with her. She'll even stay awake until Nayeon gets home. Tonight just made it a lot better.

-

Nayeon woke up, she wipes her eyes before she got up. She looks around and again, wipes her eyes. "Where am I?" She looks down at herself and notices she's wearing someone else's clothes. All she could remember was going to pick up Mina. Everything after that was just a blur, again, she looks around. Finally, it sinks in, she's not at her place.

"Ahhhhhhh!" She shouts at the top of her lungs. Rushing to get out of bed.

Suddenly the doors open. Jeongyeon came rushing in, in her apron holding a spatula.

JY :

JY : "Wae? Wae? What happened? Are you hurt? Did you have a bad dream?"

NY : "A-ani..." She stutters. "Where are we???"

Jeongyeon fell on the ground, laughing.

JY : "You scared me. We're at my place."

Nayeon looks at her and Jeongyeon knows what she exactly wants to know.

JY : "Haha and no, we didn't do anything. I slept in the living room. It was your idea to go here, I wanted to take you home but you wouldn't let me."

NY : "Ah.... Mia..."

JY : "Oh shoot, my pancakes. Go get changed, I washed and dried your clothes so they should be ready. It's in the bathroom. Breakfast will be ready so just come out whenever you're done."

She said running outside. Nayeon just stared at the door then Jeongyeon suddenly runs back.

JY : "Oh and good morning Nayeon :)"

NY : "Hai, good morning."

Jeongyeon left and Nayeon still in a daze went to change her clothes. After doing so she fixed the bed and made her way out of the room. She looks around and was amazed by what she's seeing.

NY : "Your place is big."

Jeongyeon chuckles. "You know that's the third time you said that?"

NY : "Ehhh?"

JY : "Hahaha that's right. Come and sit, let's have breakfast and I'll drive you home. Sana said she'll pick you up at 2 for work."

NY : "Hai."

Nayeon sits across Jeongyeon, the girl was in casual clothes and her hair was uncombed. It seems like that she just woke up too.

NY : "Mianhae..... I'm not a good drinker."

JY : "Gwenchana."

NY : "Did I do anything weird?"

JY : "Aside from the intense craving for Ice cream.... Hmm no."

NY : "Aish, I'm really sorry. It's embarrassing how I bothered you."

JY : "Hahaha I told you last night. No need to say sorry, I had a lot of fun with you. Stop worrying and eat your pancakes :)"

Nayeon eats her breakfast, surprisingly the pancakes were soft and fluffy. Jeongyeon hands her coffee.

NY : "Don't you have work today?"

JY : "Nope, Mina wouldn't drink like that if we had a scheduled."

NY : "Oh yeah, what happened with them?"

JY : "Nothing really. You guys just had a blast and passed out. Dahyun and Tzuyu took Sana and Momo home. Chaeyoung came to pick up Mina."

NY : "Was she okay?"

JY : "Not sure but knowing Chaeyoung, Mina's probably okay now."

*RING*RING*

JY : "Sana?"

NY : "Ani... Jihyo."

JY : "Ohhh. Go ahead and answer it."

NY : "Hey Ji."

She put her phone on speaker, Jeongyeon continued eating.

JH : "Where are you?"

NY : "Huh?"

JH : "I'm asking where did you spend the night?"

NY : "Uhmmm"

JH : "Unnie."

NY : "At a friend's place."

JH : "Just say it. You're not with Sana and I checked with your place they say you didn't come home last night."

NY : "I'm with a friend Sana is not the only friend I have."

JH : "Yeah, yeah. Yoo Jeongyeon!"

JY : "Hai!?" She was startled.

JH : "See, I knew it!"

NY : "Ehhhh but she's a friend."

JH : "Then why weren't you saying her name??? Aish forgets about that, open your phones and go to SBS news website. Call me back right away."

*END OF CALL*

JY : "Jihyo haven't changed a bit she still sounds like a grandma. What's even with SBS now?"

JY : "Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?"

NY : "What?"

Jeongyeon just hands her phone to Nayeon.

"Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon seen coming out of a high-end bar."

"The pair was seen walking out of the bar next to each other. Although they were with friends including idol Chou Tzuyu. People are starting to speculate that these two really have something going on. The only thing left to do is to ask them for answers."

JY :

JY : "Aish.. Of all the things they'll put in there, they really said we're out on a date with friends."

NY : "Let me call Jihyo back."

*RING*RING*

JH : "So what do you have to say for yourselves?"

JY : "It's not like what they think it was."

NY : "Right, there's 8 of us there."

JH : "Aish.... It's exactly what it is. You guys didn't invite me!"

JY, NY : "Ehhhh!?"

JH : "How could you forget about me???? I had nothing better to do last night. Sejeong was busy with work. I thought you guys were my friends, there were 8 of you, and not even a single person remembers to call Jihyo? What's up with that? I hate you all."

Jeongyeon chuckles

Jeongyeon chuckles.

NY : "Wait you didn't call because of the article?"

JH : "That was baseless, there were 8 of you. We could always deny such a thing. Unless it's true?"

NY : "Of course not!"

JY : "Maja, NOT YET."

Nayeon looks at Jeongyeon

JH "Then that's settle. We'll let them know it was a regular hang out with friends in which didn't include me. I guess I'm not your friend, hmp."

JY : "We're sorry, it's not like we planned it. To make you feel better Nayeon and I was only there for an hour. Chaeyoung and Dahyun just came to pick Mina and Momo. We won't forget you if it's a real occasion."

JH : "Whatever."

JY : "We'll make it up to you, so stop sulking."

JH : "You better! Unnie what time are you going home?"

NY : "I'm just finishing breakfast then I'll head home."

JH : "Arraso, I'll send ahjussi to pick you up."

JY : "No need I'll drive there."

JH : "Just make sure you two don't discover again."

JY : "Arraso CEO Park!"

JH : "Then see you at work unnie."

NY : "Hai..."

JY : "Love you Ji."

JH : "Shut up."

*END OF CALL*

And just like what they said, as soon they finish breakfast they got in the car. The older girl has been trying to say thank you but couldn't find the right timing since all Jeongyeon did was . It wasn't long until they reached her place.

JY : "I'll walk you inside but I'm afraid people might see us. I don't want to make things more complicated."

NY : "Gwenchana I can walk on my own. Sorry."

JY : "Haha I told you to stop saying your sorry it's making me think you didn't have fun."

NY : "I did, a lot! It's been a while since I had this much and it's all thanks to you. I'm sorry you had to see me drunk tho."

JY : "You mean it?"

NY : "Of course I do."

JY : "Hmmm then, instead of saying sorry how about a kiss?" She teases her.

JY : "Hahaha I'm just kidd-"

But before Jeongyeon could finish her sentence, Nayeon moved closer and kissed her on the cheeks. There was this brief moment of silence before the older girl decided to go out of the car.

There was this brief moment of silence before the older girl decided to go out of the car

NY : "Gomawo, let's do it again next time. See you around Jeong, drive safely." She bowed and runs away.

JY : "Wait." She softly said but it was already late, Nayeon has left.

Jeongyeon holds her cheeks, she can feel it got warmer. She wasn't even sure how to feel all she knows some things burning inside. She rests her chin on the steering wheel as her eyes follow the older girl.

And there Im Nayeon goes completely stealing Yoo Jeongyeon's heart.

---

(A/N) Sorry updates are slower than usual, I'm training someone at work so I don't get that much time. Hopefully, after we finish, I can update like how I normally do. In the meantime, I hope you guys bear with me. That's it for today, as usual. Stay safe! Stay healthy!