CHAPTER 28

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313038333036313136372f696d616765732f313638386432346264653839303166333937323239393132383739362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

The night goes by and all they did was take in the view.

The moon was shining across the dark sky. The stars are barely showing because of the clouds and the calm river that doesn't seem to have an end. Jeongyeon blows this white smoke off due to the coldness of both the ice cream and the weather. She smiles at Nayeon as her cheeks get red. The older girl sat there not uttering a single word.

She sat there and take in the view.

Im Nayeon sat there until Yoo Jeongyeon became her view.

Im Nayeon sat there until Yoo Jeongyeon became her view

Finally, a smile breaks on her lips. One look at this girl and everything feels okay. She starts to wonder when this started, one day she woke up and craves for this time alone with Jeongyeon. One day she just forgot the void she has in her.

All of a sudden she's complete.

All that matters to her is this, the best part of her day and maybe even of her life. Just her and Jeongyeon, looking at the night sky not giving a care if the sun will be out soon or not. And words are not needed, Nayeon takes a look at Jeongyeon and somehow she finds all the answers in the world.

Jeongyeon looks at her once again. She munched on the ice cream as if she was a 5 year-old-girl. Nayeon chuckles, she loves how comfortable it feels whenever she's with her. The world is big, it may not belong to anyone but the space next to Yoo Jeongyeon belongs solely to Im Nayeon.

Before Nayeon knew it, Yoo Jeongyeon has become her escape.

Her safe haven, a place where time didn't matter and life wasn't rushing.

Jeongyeon was right, she was right when she said that love is not supposed to make you want the world to stop nor slow down. It's supposed to give you a reason to get excited about tomorrow.

-

The wind blew and something got stuck in Nayeon's eyes. No surprise in that since all she did was open her eyes wide and stare at the girl next to her. She quickly tried to scratch it off but Jeongyeon grabbed her hands.

JY : "It's not a good idea to scratch it."

Jeongyeon moves closer to her and Nayeon feels her heart beating crazy, Jeongyeon drives her crazy. The girl held both of her cheeks and blows on her eyes.

JY : "Is it gone?" She asked.

Nayeon didn't answer and just blink a couple of times at Jeongyeon. Finally, it hits her, she wants the world to continue revolving. She wants everything moving forward but not too fast nor too slow, Nayeon wants it at her own pace. She wants to see Jeongyeon tomorrow again, she wants to have these late-night ice cream dates where they just let the time pass. She wants to see her in a suit or better, a white dress. She wants to see her waiting but not just outside of her work but at the end of the aisle, at the altar.

She wants to see Jeongyeon whenever she wakes up in the morning and when she's about to close her eyes. She wants to see her, slowly growing white hair. She wants to be there through everything.

Im Nayeon wants to see every tomorrow with Yoo Jeongyeon.

It may be cliche, maybe it's too much to be true. It's only been almost 2 months but Nayeon is finally sure of what she feels. She knows everyone will think it's just something they rushed in, but she didn't care what people will say because she's sure now.

Im Nayeon is in love with Yoo Jeongyeon.

Im Nayeon is in love with Yoo Jeongyeon

JY : "Ms. Im?" She squeezed her cheeks.

NY : "Jeong I- I..."

*RING*RING*

Jeongyeon lets her go and it never felt this empty like this before.

JY : "You should take it. Might be Jihyo or Sana checking on you." She smiles.

NY : "A-arraso." She stutter. "Excuse me."

The older girl stood up as she sighs like there was no tomorrow.

*INCOMING CALL FROM : MINATOZAKI SANA*

SN : "Unnie! Unnie!"

NY : "Nice timing Sana-chan." She said sarcastically.

SN : "I told you Tzu! I'm just right in time."

NY : "What's up?"

SN : "Unnie! Unnie! It's November 1! It's Yoo Jeongyeon's birthday!"

NY : "Ehhhhhhhhhh?"

Nayeon looks at Jeongyeon, the other girl bites the last bit of her ice cream and raises her eyebrows as if she was asking what's wrong.

NY : "Why are you just telling this to me? You should've told me earlier."

SN : "Well, technically it's not her birthday a while ago."

Nayeon looks at her watch and it was past midnight.

SN : "And Tzuyu just told me."

TY : "I didn't know you two have no idea. I mean she's a popular person, you can see all the ads her fans paid everywhere." She said in the background.

SN : "Are you still with her? Should we sing her a happy birthday?"

TY : "Oh come on unnie, the deal was you're just gonna tell Nayeon unnie in case she didn't know. Let's sing for her tomorrow and leave them alone for now."

SN : "Ehhhhh but...."

TY : "I'm gonna go lay in bed and watch that movie you like, if you badly want to sing then you stay here on your own. Nayeon unnie have a good night!"

SN : "That's not fair! I'm gonna go too unnie, just wish her a happy birthday for us and enjoy the rest of your night!"

*END OF CALL*

NY : "Ehhh? Ehhhh?"

The older girl repeated to herself. Out of curiosity Jeongyeon stood up and ask her.

JY : "Is everything okay?"

NY : "Jerk!"

JY : "Wait what? What have I done?"

NY : "You didn't tell me!"

JY : "Well, I was going to wait to ask you but since your putting me on the spot." She grabs both of Nayeon's hand and looks at her with all the sincerity in the world.

"Im Nayeon will you marry me?" Jeongyeon asked.

Nayeon squeezed Jeongyeon hands, it may not be an answer to the taller girl but for Nayeon it's almost like she's saying

Nayeon squeezed Jeongyeon hands, it may not be an answer to the taller girl but for Nayeon it's almost like she's saying "Yes." In her own way.

NY : "Wait! That's not what I meant."

JY : "Haha I know, it's just you were so serious."

NY : "So you thought you'll crack a joke?"

JY : "Now, wait a minute." She said letting go of Nayeon. "That was not a joke, not even close. If somehow you miraculously said Yes. I would pull you all the way to the church across the road. I'll wake up the priest, doesn't matter if it's just the three of us. You can walk down the aisle holding that rose I got you, we can get married in hoodies and I assure you, you'll still be the most beautiful bride the world will see. And for the rings? Uhmmmm we can buy those fake silver ones for now."

NY : "And how do you suppose the world will know how beautiful I was?"

JY : "Duh? You are my world, of course, I'll let you know that."

Nayeon tries hard not to smile at the bold confession but she failed. Thus she has this awkward-looking smile.

NY : "Wait.... You know we've got too far from the topic. You didn't tell me it's your birthday."

JY : "Ohh... That?"

NY : "Ehhh what's up with that half-baked reaction? You can get a little more excited than that."

JY : "Well, it's not exciting as it is marrying you. It's just another day in the calendar."

NY : "Pabo.. it's not just a day in the calendar it's the birthday of a precious person in my life. We'll plan next time but for now, let's focus on you."

JY : "Huh?! Can you repeat that? Am I supposed to hear that?"

The older girl was flustered with what she just said. "Nothing." She answered. "You should've told me. I should've made reservations or buy you a present and a cake."

Jeongyeon just chuckles.

NY : "And now you're laughing, what's funny Yoo Jeongyeon-ssi?"

JY : "Haha I don't really need those things."

NY : "Then what do you need? What do you want?"

JY : "I got what I want."

NY : "Ehhh then what am I supposed to give you?"

JY : "What are you saying? Everything I want and need is right here, you're all that I need. I think the question here is what else can you give me when you've given me everything?"

NY : "Don't make it sound like I gave you the world. I never did anything it's always been you."

JY : "Haha well..... You did, meeting you was the best birthday gift I ever got. Scratch that, meeting you was the best thing that ever happened in my life. So why don't we go home now?"

NY : "Aniyo!"

JY : "Ehhhhh?"

NY : "We should celebrate your birthday, not like this."

JY : "Then I'll make a dinner reservation for tonight, how about that?"

NY : "But... We're already outside and it's your birthday, we can do something special....... Aha! I know what we can do!" She starts going through her phone.

JY : "What is it?"

NY : "Give me the keys."

JY : "Ehhhh? Do you know how to drive? I mean do you even have a license?"

NY : "Of course I do. Just give me the keys and I'll handle this."

JY : "Not until you tell me what you have in mind."

NY : "I don't want to."

JY : "A while ago you are asking me what I want and now here you are acting stubbornly, Ms. Im you really are something."

NY : "Are you gonna give me the keys or do I have to force you?"

JY : "Hahahaha what's with that?"

NY : "Yoo Jeongyeon we have about 30 minutes! Give me the keys."

JY : "Arraso." She said handing the keys. "I'm only letting you bec-"

NY : "Yeah, yeah.. Keep the scolding later. Gaja!" She said pulling Jeongyeon.

The taller girl just runs after her. Almost half an hour to her birthday and she's already having a lot of fun.

We can say that this is shaping up as Yoo Jeongyeon best birthday.

-

Nayeon drives them out of the parking lot.

JY : "But seriously, where are we going? Why are you driving like it's the end of the world."

NY : "Just sit there and relax."

JY : "How can I? When you already run-pass 2 red lights. Your lucky it's late if it's a little earlier we have probably been pulled over. Imagine the headline of the news, Im Nayeon caught kidnapping Yoo Jeongyeon."

NY :

NY : "Pabo why would they assume I kidnapped you?"

JY : "We have to come up with an excuse. We can't just say we were out having a date, can we? So we should agree on an alibi and my vote goes to you kidnapping me."

NY : "Yah! If it's kidnapping, I think it'll likely be the other way around."

JY : "Huh? You're driving how can I kidnapped you in that way?"

NY : "No one's gonna kidnap you, if they do they'll just drop you off somewhere because you talk a lot."

JY : "Shouldn't you be nicer since it's my birthday."

Nayeon pulls the hand brake.

NY : "Arraso, I guess you're right. So for today let me be the nice one but no weird requests, okay?"

JY : "Is kissing weird?"

NY : "Pabo-yah... Aish, let's go."

JY : "Where?"

Nayeon points at the sign in front of them.

*ANAM STATION*

---