CHAPTER 49

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037383532342f696d616765732f313661623234626138383537663064643135363037383232363234392e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon waits in the living room for her wife. It's one of those nights where she has to go to bed without her by her side. She feels this uncomfortable feeling in her heart, it felt like someone was pinching it.

She takes a deep breath one after the other. Maybe this will make what she feels go away.

NY : "Jeong?"

JY : "Ready?" She said standing up.

NY : "You know if you're sleepy you can go to bed. I can take a taxi."

JY : "I'm not, I want to go out for some air anyway. We should go."

NY : "Arraso, I'm really sorry about this. I promise to make it up to you."

Jeongyeon smiles and reaches for Nayeon's hand. "Just make sure you rest when you need to." She said.

Nayeon intertwines their fingers. "I will." She responds.

-

Going out at a time like this feels nostalgic for Jeongyeon. It's not supposed to be since it's just been 3 years but somewhat 3 years just went by and everything already changed. It feels like it's been more than that.

They pass by the Han river, a place full of memories

They pass by the Han river, a place full of memories. Before any of this, they used to sneak out at night just so they can go for a walk, have ice cream while they get lost in nothingness. Nayeon use to look beyond the sky as if she was searching for something. A little later in their marriage, the older girl never pauses nor stops to take a breather.

Jeongyeon always ponder, Did Nayeon found what she was searching for?

With the flicker of the street lights they're driving through, Jeongyeon caught a glimpse of her wife, sleeping.

She's tired and so does Jeongyeon.

-

"Hey, we're here." Jeongyeon gently taps her head.

NY : "Sorry, I didn't realize I fell asleep." She brushes her eyes.

JY : "Gwenchana, at least you got some rest. Gaja?"

NY : "Ani, I'll go on my own. You should go back and sleep, I'll be fine."

JY : "Arraso, then I'll wait here until you get inside."

NY : "Hai, take care on your way home."

JY : "I will. Call me once you're done, I'll come to pick you up."

NY : "You don't have to, just rest, and I promise I'll be there once you wake up."

JY : "Haha don't make promises."

NY : "But I will."

JY : "Arraso, just be safe."

NY : "You too. Well, I'll be on my way. Good night Jeong, I love you." She smiles.

JY : "I love you too."

"I love you more than anything." That's what she wanted to say but it didn't come out.

Jeongyeon watch as Nayeon walks toward the door and as she turns and waved goodbye to her.

"At least she had some fun." She said to herself.

Jeongyeon did what she said, after Nayeon disappeared in front of her she went on her way home.

*RING*RING*

JY : "Did you forgot something?"

"Jeong?"

Immediately Jeongyeon noticed that it's not her wife who's on the other side of the line. The voice sounded familiar but not too familiar that she could recognize who it was.

"Jeong? Are you there?"

Jeongyeon looks at her phone, the number is not even registered in it.

Jeongyeon looks at her phone, the number is not even registered in it

"Uhmm, Jeongyeon?"

JY : "Yes? This is Jeongyeon, may I know whom am I speaking with?"

"It's Jiyeon, Kim Jiyeon."

JY : "Bona? How did you know my number? And why are you calling me at this time?" She calmly asked.

BN : "It was given to me by one of our PD. I'll explain further later but can you do me a favor? Can you come and pick me up?"

JY : "Wait, what? Did you call me in the middle of the night just to ask me to pick you up? Where's your manager?"

BN : "She went back to her hometown. I wouldn't ask you if I didn't have to. You're the only one I thought of calling. I think someone's following me."

JY : "Huh?"

BN "I went out to grab some drinks, when I was heading home there was no taxi around. I thought I walk until I see one but this guy keeps on going the same way I'm going. It must be my imagination but I'm scared."

JY : "Where are you?"

BN : "I'm walking by the main street at xxx."

JY : "Then just keep walking, I'm close. I'll be there within 5 minutes."

BN : "Don't.... Don't end the call."

JY : "I won't but what were you even thinking? If you want to drink you should've done it in your place. And what would my wife think if she founds out your calling me?"

BN : "I'm really sorry Jeong. I thought it was okay."

JY : "And now you know it's not. You should've at least asked someone to accompany you."

BN : "You know I don't have those kinds of friends here. Most of the people I know here just want to be around me because I'm famous."

JY : "Still you should've thought about this first or you could've asked your driver to pick you up."

*BEEP*BEEP*

A white car pulled to her side and roll down its window.

JY : "Get inside." She said ending the call, Bona got in the car and finally was able to breathe.

BN : "Thank you. I didn't know someone will notice me. I didn't wake you up, right?"

JY : "I was awake. You shouldn't be going out alone at this time in the first place. Of course, someone will notice you, you're Bona."

BN : "I know, I'm really sorry. You can drop me off once we see a taxi."

JY : "It's gonna be hard to find one at this time and I don't want to get a call again. I'll take you home, so, where to?"

BN : "Samseong-ro, gangnam-gu."

JY : "Arraso." She was about to roll up the window when Bona started whining like a child.

BN : "Can you keep the windows open? I want some fresh air."

JY : "Don't tell me you're drunk?"

BN : "I had a few drinks but I'm not intoxicated, please?"

JY : "Aish, just don't stick your head outside."

BN : "I won't."

They continue to drive under the dark sky, it was opposite to the short and fast way she drove to Nayeon's work. Getting to Bona's place felt longer and slower.

BN : "Jeong, did you ever hate me?" She randomly asked.

Jeongyeon didn't even flinch with the question and just continued driving "Of course. I mean, after what happened, who wouldn't?" She calmly said.

BN : "I guess the question should be, do you still hate me?"

JY : "Are you sure you're not drunk?"

BN : "I'm not, I just wanted to know."

JY : "Why now?"

BN : "I just thought I never heard you hating on me. You kept your silence but sometimes it still bothers me. There are times where I fell asleep asking if you still hate me. I thought I never really apologized for what happened."

JY : "There's no need for apologies now, I don't need it. And I don't..... Well, I don't think I hate you now. At some point, I just moved on from hating you. Before I knew it, I have already forgotten about it, about us."

BN :

BN : "Is that why you've been talking with me? Is it the reason why you came to pick me up?"

JY : "Yes, I just thought there's really no reason for me to avoid you since we are working together. And no, that has nothing to do with me picking you up."

BN : "Then, why are you here?"

JY : "Because you're stupid......" She paused. "And because I'm also stupid."

BN : "Ehhh?"

JY : "Forget what I just said. I didn't have anything to do."

BN : "How come? Aren't you supposed to be in bed with your wife?"

JY : "Yes but she has some work to do."

BN : "At this time?"

JY : "It's a sudden call. They had to do revisions for one of her shows that's going to air tomorrow night."

BN : "Then, do you want to stay and have coffee with me? It's the least I can do to thank you for picking me up."

JY : "Aren't you pushing your luck there? No, but thank you. I still have work early tomorrow, besides you're on the same way home. Let's just say that it was a coincidence that I found you."

BN : "Ohh, arraso."

It was dead silent after that. Now that Jeongyeon thinks about it there's really nothing for them to talk about aside from what they had before. After their relationship there was nothing. On the other hand, the girl looked like she fell asleep, her face was covered by her hair. it's late at night and she looks pretty tired but all of a sudden she sticks her hand outside.

JY : "Yah!"

BN : "What? You said don't stick my head out."

JY : "That's common sense. That means don't stick anything out."

BN : "There's no car, it's not like my hands gonna get cut off."

JY : "Tsss, don't say I didn't warn you."

Bona just nodded and went back to looking outside the window.

And as they come close to where the other girl is staying Jeongyeon had to make a full stop right before the red light. Unconsciously she turns to her side and just when she did the other girl turn to face her.

"What happened to us?" She said.

But at that moment Jeongyeon's eyes played with her, instead of Bona she saw her wife. She can barely see her, if it wasn't for the light that the moon illuminates she would've been deceived.

She can barely see her, if it wasn't for the light that the moon illuminates she would've been deceived

Jeongyeon would believe it was Nayeon asking her that.

Thinking about things earlier didn't help her, it just made things more complicated in her mind. Jeongyeong slowly and painfully looked in front of her, avoiding any sort of eye contact with the girl. She watched as the lights turn to green but her feet didn't move, it didn't step on the gas when they should've. Imagining Nayeon asking her made her unable to move.

Bona just looked at her, waiting for an answer to her question. Waiting for Jeongyeon to once again look at her but she didn't. Jeongyeon just gripped the steering wheel harder and forced her feet to step on the pedal.

JY : "We both know what happened to us." She continued to drive. "We both saw it coming. When I was ready you weren't and before we knew it we just grew apart. We broke it ourselves and we tried but there's really nothing to fix. You didn't have to ask me that, you know the answer yourself. You know exactly what happened to us." She said pulling the breaks in front of Bona's place.

Bona sighs, she held her breath in anticipation the moment Jeongyeon started talking. "Joesonghamnida." She apologized.

JY : "Are you apologizing for your question? Or for what happened to us?"

BN : "Both..."

Jeongyeon shakes her head. "Well, you shouldn't be. I wasn't angry or anything, maybe you just felt like asking me that. Sometimes I do too, sometimes there's this urge, a thought that crosses my mind and I just want some answers. But there's nothing to apologize for." She said turning to her side, it's like Jeongyeon has finally drawn the line.

It's like she's telling the other girl, that this is where it ends, that everything between them is long gone and over

It's like she's telling the other girl, that this is where it ends, that everything between them is long gone and over. Bona sees her kind eyes, though it hurts it was still warm and comforting.

"Because everything turned out to be better." Jeongyeon smiles. "You worked really hard, you gave it all you have, and look at where you are now. Everyone knows the name Bona. And for me? I got married and I'm living a happy life. So, what do you say we just forget about those things? Let's be friends." She said offering her hand.

Bona grabs it without thinking and just shakes it. "Thank you for picking me up." She said before stepping out of her car.

JY : "No problem, next time don't go on your own. I'm leaving, we don't want anyone to see us."

BN : "Good night. I'll see you at the ball?"

JY : "Yes, I'll see you there. Good night." She said driving away.

---

(A/N) Here you go! I'll see you guys in 2 days! Stay safe and healthy! 😉😉😉

PS. Did I mention that there's a total of 5 stories hidden from the last update to the ending? Well, one person did notice it 😂😂😂