CHAPTER 43

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037353338362f696d616765732f313639373030396533653932366637653132393230333334323037322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

And they say this will be the wedding of the century, that this would be the most memorable event for the two of them but Jeongyeon has something else in mind. They could say that this is the wedding of the century but the most memorable event of her life is when she met the older girl.

It'll always be that day Yoo Jeongyeon saw Im Nayeon for the very first time.

It'll always be that day Yoo Jeongyeon saw Im Nayeon for the very first time

-

Jeongyeon feels her whole body trembling as she makes her way into the front, they made arrangements on one of the most popular gardens in Seoul. And seeing how everything turns out she feels a little relieved.

But with every step she takes, her mind turns blank like it's not processing anything at all. Her heart acts crazy like it's gonna set itself ablaze.

"You ready?" Chaeyoung asked as Jeongyeon stood next to her.

The older girl didn't answer she continued fidgeting as she watches as they close the white curtains. The longer she waits the more she feels like throwing up, it's like she's getting suffocated. Of all the things she could think of, she thought of asking herself a silly question.

"Did we do things too fast?"

*PIANO STARTS PLAYING*

On the other side of the curtain, Nayeon stands alone. She hasn't seen Jeongyeon for a day but it feels like it's been a year. For whatever reason she thought she'll do it, even if what she fears happens, she'll do it because it's Jeongyeon. Her heart starts going crazy when she hears the piano plays. "This is it." She said to herself. A few more seconds and the organizer signal to her.

Slowly they open the curtains and right away their eyes met, it didn't even matter if there's a lot of people watching them

Slowly they open the curtains and right away their eyes met, it didn't even matter if there's a lot of people watching them.

One look at Jeongyeon and everyone disappears.

One look at Nayeon and everything became clearer.

All it took was those warm eyes and every worry and the question they both have has been answered.

Jeongyeon knew they did the right thing.

Nayeon takes her first step and to her and everyone else's surprise, Dahyun hands Jeongyeon the mic.

"When the rain is blowing in your face and the whole world is in your case. I could offer you a warm embrace, to make you feel my love."

The older girl's eyes start to get teary, they did pick that song together but she didn't know what her soon-to-be wife has planned. Nayeon forgot that Jeongyeon started as an idol, now that she thinks about it ever since they started hanging out together she never saw Jeongyeon as a celebrity because the taller girl has always felt homey. Her voice was calming like she was singing a lullaby.

Every step she takes feel like coming home.

You know the kind where you had a long day and just wanted to rest. The kind where you think you can be who you are because it's your place. And if it wasn't for the heavy dress she's wearing, Nayeon would've run home a while ago, like she always does after she finishes a long day at school or likes how she runs the first time she came back after living far away from her family.

Nayeon would've run home, she would run to Jeongyeon if she could.

Somehow she understands what Jihyo means when she said Jeongyeon is not the type of person who'll wake up one day and realize she has fallen out of love.

Loving Yoo Jeongyeon has always felt like coming home.

"I know you haven't made your mind up yet but I would never do you wrong. I know it from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong."

Jeongyeon continued singing as she watches her whole world walks toward her. Every word she sings came from her heart. It could be because she practiced this way too much that she sounds flawless today.

Nayeon grabs a hold of both of her parents, who have been crying since they laid eyes on their firstborn. They walk closer and closer to where Jeongyeon is standing.

"I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue, I'd go crawling down the avenue. No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do to make you feel my love for you."

All of a sudden Jeongyeon cracks up. To be honest this is the only time the girl had missed a note in her career. Before she knows it, the tears have finally fallen.

Like rain on a sunny day.

She was trying hard not to, she always thought she'll make it at least half the ceremony before she starts to cry. But the feeling was overwhelming, Nayeon has always been overwhelming.

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much.

Finally, both of what they have waited for has arrived

Finally, both of what they have waited for has arrived. Nayeon in her white dress and veil is finally in front of Jeongyeon. They greeted each other's parents, pay respect to the ones who gifted them life. Jeongyeon continues to cry and the moment Nayeon's mother hands her hand to her, the taller girl just simply lost it, that was it for her. She has held Nayeon's hand thousands of times in which every single one feels different.

And today it feels like she's holding her world right at her palm.

When the older girl thought that was all. The taller girl holds her hand tighter, Chaeyoung hands her the mic once again and the piano starts to plays slowly and solemnly.

Jeongyeon cries as she sings one last time.

"The storms are raging on the rolling sea and on the highway of regret. Though winds of change are throwing wild and free, you ain't see nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true, nothing that I wouldn't do. Go to the ends of the world to make you feel my love.

To make you feel my love."

The emotions this two has was enough to make every single person watching them cry, there's not a single pair of the eye that was dry in this garden. Like all of a sudden everyone understands how great these two love each other.

Who knew it'll feel this good? Who knew that not even a year and this is where Nayeon is?

Im Nayeon has finally arrived home.

-

And the whole thing was just a flood of emotions, from the procession to the introduction. Before they know it there already about to exchange their vows.

"You may now exchange vows." The officiant said.

Nayeon pursed her lips and instead of crying she calmly look at Jeongyeon. Unlike the girl in front of her, Nayeon didn't have any paper with her. She didn't try to write one since every time she tries the words just get mixed up. So she decided to say whatever she has in mind. She takes a deep breath after the other, paused awhile, and grab Jeongyeon's hand.

"Aren't we all a little broken inside...."

She smiles and holds Jeongyon's hand tighter

She smiles and holds Jeongyon's hand tighter.

"That's what you said when I told you I, myself I'm not sure what I want. That I'm afraid I'm too messed up, I'm not worth your time. That I was broken I didn't even know if I can fix myself.

Aren't we all a little broken inside.......

Some people wouldn't believe it, some would even go as far as telling me it'll pass and what I felt is probably just a phase. But you, you gave me a different answer. Because when everyone said everything we'll be fine, you stood there and told me that we're all the same. That it was okay to take all the time I need to heal what was broken. Before I knew it, I forgot how the pain feels, how sleepless the night could get and how the mornings are hard to wake up to.

Jeongyeon, thank you.

So, I thought how could someone like you, like someone like me? How can you just stay there through that? When you could've just walked away.

It wasn't long until I realized how you fix someone broken by loving them. How you fixed me by just loving me. All of a sudden the fears I had vanquished, love became something different. Jeong, how lucky I am to have you?" She smiles with tears in her eyes. "How can I not love someone like you? I guess I'll never know the answers to that. But gwencahana, I don't really want to know anyway. So today I want to make a vow to you. Vows that will hopefully be lived through the end of our time.

Yoo Jeongyeon I vow to be there when you need me the most or the least.

I vow to hold your hand in times you have enough and just want some rest.

To respect you and treasure you.

And most importantly I vow to love you,

Today,

Tomorrow and the years after this.

If forever does exist then I vow to love you forever and ever."

This time her older girl was unable to hold the tears. Jeongyeon looks at her and smiles and right away Nayeon knew her feelings have crossed to the taller girl.

Jeongyeon clears as she wipes away the tears from her eyes. With her trembling hand, she took a piece of paper out of her pocket. She carefully unfolded it, stares at it for almost a minute while everyone including her bride waits for her to read her vows.

Jeongyeon looks straight at Nayeon and the latter just smiled at her. And to everyone's surprise, the taller girl crumpled her paper and put it back in her pocket.

And to everyone's surprise, the taller girl crumpled her paper and put it back in her pocket

"To be honest with you and everyone else. That paper was made up of quotes that Chaeyoung and Dahyun found, words that Mina and Tzuyu helped me put together, and a bunch of things Jihyo reminded me not to forget to mention. I probably memorized it for reading it way too much but Sana and Momo convinced me to write it down in case I do forget it...."

Nayeon and almost everyone else chuckles, even in a serious moment like this Jeongyeon still finds a way to cheer her up.

"The thing is, I asked their help because I wanted my vows to be perfect. I wanted everything to be perfect, for you. But as I look at you, at how beautiful you are in that wedding dress. I realized that I can't really put down in words what I truly feel. That no matter how fancy or poetic it turns out to be, there are still things I would end up forgetting. All I know is that I love you.

I love you so much, Im Nayeon."

Jeongyeon smiles at her bride, from now on nothing in this world matter any more than this beautiful girl standing in front of her.

"Everyone thought it was you who got lucky for marrying me. No one knew it was the other way around. Why? Well, I've been strong for so long I never thought I'll need someone, that I'll need you. And as I stand here and listen to what you had to say I realize you as well, didn't know how lucky I am to have you. I guess that's a lapse on my part. But yes, meeting you was one hell of a jackpot.

It made everything worth it.

I rarely ask nor pray for something. Not because I don't believe in him, just because I always thought what he gave to me was what I'm supposed to have. That I should be thankful instead of complaining. But if there's one thing I would not stand for, it'll be a day where you stop choosing me. So, today I pray for one. And it's not for us to get along with everything, I mean, we can have does days where we have a disagreement. You'll want something someday that I might not want. Maybe you'll start liking mint choco over vanilla and that's okay. We can have days like those, we can change and it's still gonna be fine because that's what marriages are made up of. All I pray for is that when days like those come when things start to feel like they're somehow falling apart.

I pray for you to stay, Nayeon.

I pray you chose me.

Then after that, you can leave everything to me."

And can you stop the tears when someone like Jeongyeon asks you something simple like this? Well, Nayeon couldn't, her body feels light she think she can almost fly.

"I guess, I should end it here. If I don't I'll probably take a whole day or more than since I really have a lot of things I want to say. I'll tell you about the others next time. I'll spend a lifetime telling you all the things I can't do today.

Im Nayeon, I vow to love you endlessly." Jeongyeon said squeezing Nayeon's hand.

Even though it's the simplest thing a person could say in a situation like this, it's the only thing that Nayeon needed

Even though it's the simplest thing a person could say in a situation like this, it's the only thing that Nayeon needed.

A vow that holds everything and forever on it.

---

(A/N) And they live happily ever after, the end.

That's what I wanna say but not right now HAHA. Is everyone doing well? I hope you are, it's been getting tough recently so I hope everyone is doing okay. Stay safe and healthy as always! And I'll see you guys next time.