CHAPTER 60 [END]

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313133363330363432322f696d616765732f313661656535383935616664656535353831313338363432313633332e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

 

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon got back to her work, thanks to Jihyo she didn't have to explain anything to her production team. Her boss made up something that fooled everyone.

The older girl tries her best to finish work as soon as she can. Though they have to retake some scenes since she's been looking way too much at the taller girl. She knows Jeongyeon said she'll wait, it's not like she doesn't trust her. She just didn't want her disappearing like that night. She just wants to make sure that this time she's not gonna lose Jeongyeon.

It's funny how when the director shouted "Cut." the girl disappeared. Nayeon was up on her toes searching for the girl. She wishes she could just walk away but everyone's giving their congratulations and she didn't want to be rude. It took her a couple more minutes before she got the chance to approach the girl.

CY : "Wondering if what you saw was just imagination?"

DH : "Jeongyeon unnie is here but she had to go."

NY : "Wae???"

MN : "We just thought it wouldn't be a great idea if everyone recognize her."

JH : "You two still need to fix some things. So she said she'll wait somewhere else."

TY : "Sana unnie and I will drive you there."

SN : "Don't worry about the dinner, we'll still go.:

MM : "But you have to treat us next time."

Nayeon just nodded at her friends.

JH : "What are you waiting for? Go and change then met her."

NY : "Arraso."

Nayeon quickly changed clothes, she never thought she can get out of a wedding dress this fast. When she got out the girls already left, Sana and Tzuyu was the only one waiting for her.

When she got out the girls already left, Sana and Tzuyu was the only one waiting for her

TY : "We'll take your things back to your place." She said while driving.

SN : "Wear this, there are still some people outside and we don't want any of them seeing you." She said handing a hoodie and a mask.

NY : "Gomawo... Did you know about this?"

SN : "No one knows anything about this. She just showed up. Mina said it's probably because she have to sign the papers on her own. What did happened back then? I thought you said you made up your mind?"

NY : "I did, I don't know what happened all I know is I wanted to see if it's the real Jeongyeon. Uhm did she say anything?"

TY : "Nothing."

SN : "The only thing she did was stand there and watch you. She didn't say a word to any of us."

TY : "Well, if there's something she wants to say she'll say it to you and not us."

SN : "So if you want to change your mind this is the right time. In fact this is the only time. If you need any ride back to your place give me or Tzuyu a call. We'll come to pick you up."

TY : "We don't really know where she is but she told us she'll be waiting here." She said parking the car.

SN : "Gaja, unnie knows exactly where to look for her wife."

TY : "Arraso, off you go. Good luck unnie."

NY : "Thanks for the ride."

SN : "Make sure you listen to her, okay? Tell us what happens later."

NY : "I will. Take care." She said waving them goodbye.

Nayeon was welcomed by a large greeting "Welcome to Han river park." Of course, Jeongyeon picked to wait where it all started.

She didn't waste any more time, she thought she made Jeongyeon wait for a long time. But what is this she wants to talk about? What is the reason she's looking for Jeongyeon now? Nayeon knows where Jeongyeon could be. She starts walking faster and faster until she was already running. She's running out of air to breathe and this mask is not really helping her but she knows if she stops or even if she just slows down there's a possibility that she'll lose Jeongyeon again. So even if it kills her the older girl would run through this cold autumn night.

And it's not like she's running aimlessly, she knows exactly where to look for her. She knows where to find her. It's never been hard to find Jeongyeon because she always made it easy for Nayeon. And just like what she expected, the older girl found Jeongyeon in their usual spot sitting and looking beyond the river.

And just like what she expected, the older girl found Jeongyeon in their usual spot sitting and looking beyond the river

"Jeong?"

The taller girl turn to her side, both took their mask off because they both have a problem breathing through the broken pieces of their heart. It's not like there's a lot of people around them right now, besides they don't really care if people recognize them. The older girl took the initiative, she sat down next to Jeongyeon. Now that she's here she's not sure what to do, can they stay in this silence? Can they just pretend nothing happened, that nothings wrong between them? Jeongyeon just sits there, she's not asking questions nor looking for answers. Somehow it feels like she wants the same thing that Nayeon wants. Nayeon and Jeongyeon just want to pretend that everything is fine, that everything between them is perfect.

That nothing was coming to its end.

But Jeongyeon knew better, she knows someone has to break this daydream. Someone has to say it now before they get stuck in this perfect world they're just making. So without turning to her wife, Jeongyeon made the first move.

JY : "Mina told me you sign the papers. I'm just wondering why you still have your ring on?" Out of nowhere, she chuckles. "Well, I guess I'm not supposed to be the one asking that."

Nayeon looks at Jeongyeon's hand and found her wearing her ring. Now that the taller girl mentioned it, she starts wondering why.

JY : "Hmmm, and about Bona. I know you already know, nothing happened between us. She kissed me and maybe it was my fault for not pushing hard enough. There's no point in explaining that, I know. I just thought I don't want to leave you with the thought I cheated on you, I can't. That just seems impossible. But we did somehow messed up this whole thing.

I realized that everything about us just happened too fast, we did rush into it and we both realized it too late. Lately, I've been thinking that Jihyo and Mina were probably right, there are things in life that are worth waiting for but I also thought Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Dahyun are also right, there are things in life you just have to grab soon as you can. I'm not saying what we have and you, are not worth waiting for, you are. You're worth all the time in this world but at the moment I realized I love you, I just thought I want to be with you forever. That we can do the waiting together. I just knew that you are something I want to keep and not lose. That you're worth waiting for and worth fighting for." She said standing up.

"I'm not gonna make it long, because I know if I do I'll just end up crying and I don't want you to feel bad about it. I just came back to sign the papers and also to see you for the last time. You don't have to worry about me forcing you into something. I thought if this is what you want then I'll give it to you, I could lie and tell you I don't love you any more to make things easier but I know I can't lie to myself. I love you and that's not gonna change. I just wished we could've made things work out. That maybe we could've done something to fix this? But that's already done." She chokes on her tears. "I never nor never will regret anything that happened between us. Because I'm sure it's gonna be the best thing I've done in my whole life. I also want you to know that no matter how we did it, how fast we started I wouldn't change a single thing to it. I know even if we slowed things down I would've ended loving you more than I did yesterday. I have to go now, I don't want to keep you for long. I guess this is really it, goodbye Nayeon."

Usually, Jeongyeon would never leave first, she wouldn't leave Nayeon alone on a night like this but she knows she's not gonna be able to walk away once she looks at those eyes and there's no easy way to it but to endure the pain with every step she takes away from Nayeon.

This time, she's not gonna fake a smile, she will not hope for anything.

And Nayeon just sat there the whole time, she was trying her hardest not to look at Jeongyeon for the same reason Jeongyeon didn't look at her. Before the taller girl came back or before what she said, Nayeon made a resolve in her head that nothings gonna change her mind, nothing.

But her heart, her heart only wanted one thing from the start. So without wasting any more time, Nayeon got up and followed Jeongyeon. The moment she caught up, she pulled the taller girl's jacket and Jeongyeon turns to look at her. She doesn't really know what to say at the moment.

The thing is, Nayeon loves Jeongyeon in a way she doesn't need to use her head, it's always been her heart. And the stubbornness came when she started using her head once again. So this time Nayeon knows what the right thing to do is.

This time, Nayeon's gonna let her heart do the talking.

This time, Nayeon's gonna let her heart do the talking

NY : "I love i-ice cream." She stutter.

Jeongyeon wipes the tears that were building up in her eyes. "Uhm, I know, you go crazy for them. I know everything you like but I don't get-"

NY : "I love it because you were kind enough to buy me one every time I have a long day. I love coffee because you've always gone out of your way just to buy them for me. I didn't really mind waking up late and rushing out of the door if that means I can have that extra minute with you in bed. I love everything you cook, it wouldn't even matter if it's just a pancake or a scrambled egg, I do think you'll be famous for baking too. I love driving with you even in traffics or on a rainy day. I love sitting next to you, signing whatever song you have because I always saw how you light up when I do. I love our small place because anywhere I turn I always find you, I love it because it's ours, it's our own world. Safe to say, I love everything because you were part of it.

I always thought that if I love you that hard everything will be okay, I still believe that loving you this much was not the problem. We did lose control but I guess it was from wanting to give each other a perfect relationship. We thought we had everything but we were young and stupid, naive to be exact. You failed to make up words when it was most needed and I, I'm just too selfish. At some point, I just started thinking I want to give you everything just like how you have always done for me since the start. I thought I'll work hard enough to give you a perfect life but little did I know it's a life that you never wanted. I should've just trusted my heart just like I always do. Because I love you and I know you, my hearts know you more than my brain does.

It knows that Yoo Jeongyeon is the simple type, the type that blushes with hot fishcakes and tteokbokki on a cold night. The type that gives a lot but doesn't ask anything in return. That's why when I saw you in Tsushima when I saw how you smile and how careless you were, I thought I rather sign that paper than ask you to come back here. I rather you be happy than be with me who had hurt you. I rather cry every night than steal those beautiful smiles again."

Jeongyeon couldn't believe what she heard, she couldn't believe the older girl came to see her. Nayeon on the other hand just started crying.

NY : "And I just love you too much that I thought I'm willing to give everything up for you, that I'm ready to let you go because that's how love is supposed to be, love is selfless and you should be prepared to do some sacrifice. I thought in order for you to live a happy life, I have to give you up because all I do is hurt you. But if you come back saying all those things, if you come back telling me you'll never change a thing between us. That you'll love me the same way you did before, then how am I supposed to convince myself not to want you anymore? How can I be selfless when hearing those things just makes me want you more? I'm selfish but I love you so much I want you all to myself. So tell me, Jeong, what am I supposed to do?"

She said crying even harder, she holds Jeongyeon's jacket tighter and the taller girl didn't even have any second thought, she just pulled Nayeon in her embrace. It's been a while but this is the first time that these two have cried together.

At least tonight, Jeongyeon didn't have to pretend she's strong and Nayeon didn't have to hold herself back.

JY : "Who told you, you can't be selfish?" She whispers to her. "Remember what I asked on our wedding day? All I wanted is for you to chose me, pick me. I can live anywhere but I have to have you Nayeon, I have to have you with me. You're not the only one who's being selfish here."

NY : "Do you really think I'm worth fighting for? There's gonna be a lot of times I'll be much stubborn than you are. I might hurt you too."

Jeongyeon holds her tighter, it almost felt like the broken pieces of Nayeon's heart are being glued back together, it was warm.

JY : "You're really obnoxious, aren't you? You are Nayeon, you're the one thing in this world I'll die for, I'm all for it."

Nayeon takes a deep breath.

NY : "You're not gonna go again, right? This time you're not leaving without me?"

JY : "Just tell me to stay Nayeon. I'll stay wherever you are."

NY : "I-I want you to stay, stay with me forever."

Nayeon let go of Jeongyeon and looked at her.

JY : "Then I will, I'll stay by your side until our last day."

Jeongyeon leaned towards her, sooner Nayeon felt this soft and sweet lips against hers. Few people would stop and stare at them but thanks to the darkness of the night it seems like nobody has figured who these two are. But it's not like they care, nothing matters right now but the person in front of them.

This time they're going to take their time.

This time they're going to take their time

[ON A NEAR FUTURE]

*Birds chirping*

The older girl entangled her fingers to the taller girl's, it fits perfectly to the other as if they were made for each other. Slowly they walk the length of the Han river not minding the cold autumn breeze pouncing on their face. Both have white hair and wrinkling skin. They couldn't care less of what people would say they love each other. And If you look hard enough you'll notice the worn-out wedding rings they were wearing. Anyone can tell these two are married. Probably 30 years? Maybe 40 years?

The most important thing is that they made it through everything.

"It'll be great if we could be like them." Jeongyeon holds Nayeon's cold hand tighter.

The older girl looks at the older couple who's slowly walking right in front of them. She smile at the thought that ever since she met Jeongyeon, the girl would always remind her how bad she wants to grow old together.

JY : "I'll probably be annoying you even if I get slower. You'll probably be still obsessed with ice cream even though our doctors warn us about having too much sugar." Jeongyeon chuckles. "I can't wait for the day we become just like them."

Suddenly Nayeon stops on her track and pulled Jeongyeon, forcing the taller girl to turn and face the older girl.

JY : "Waeyo? There's a lot of people here, we'll get recognized if we don't move."

Nayeon just pouts at her.

JY : "Aigoo, is it about the ice cream? It's the ice cream, right? Don't worry, even if the doctors said we can't we'll still get some. Who cares about what they say? Diabetes who?" She smiles.

NY : "Aniyo!"

JY :

JY : "Ehhh? Then, is it a mood swing?"

NY : "Pabo-yah?!"

JY : "Then, what?"

NY : "You said you can't wait to grow old. Didn't we agree we're not rushing on anything?"

JY : "Ohhhhh, I was just saying I'll love to see you with white hair. It didn't mean I wanted to wake up tomorrow old. I want to go through everything with you. To experience everything on our own. No more rushing, I promise."

NY : "Good, because I don't want you to miss out on these two." She said putting Jeongyeon's hand on her growing tummy.

Jeongyeon warmly smiles at her wife, her eyes sparkle, and Nayeon watch as her dark brown eyes turn purple.

3 years after what happened, Nayeon and Jeongyeon bought a house in Tsushima. A vacation place for now but they plan to retire there in the future. They also bought a single house with its own backyard, one that overlooks the Han River. Jeongyeon did lessen her workload and Nayeon made sure she always has time for her wife but recently they decided to have little ones through the help of technology. Not because it was Jeongyeon's dream but because it was their dream.

Jeongyeon gently rubs her wife's tummy. "Of course, if it comes to the three of you I wouldn't miss anything." She slowly got down on her knees and whisper. "This is our new beginning, one that doesn't have an ending."

[END]

[END]

(A/N) Hi there! Again, I'm sorry if you think the story and ending is lacking on something. This is the best way I could think of ending it, I mean the other one would've been a lot worse than this one, haha. And yes, that was a twin. In terms of writing an angst story, I thought if ever I did I'll let people know. I know the feeling of hoping it'll have a happy ending and it doesn't, it haha.

I just want to thank everyone who has read my stories. I really appreciate you guys. I didn't really mind if people notice my stories. I wrote those wiyhout any expectations. I was happy when I saw my first story hit 2k read, I was happy 5 people followed me.

But I just saw that I have 800+ followers now, most of my stories hit #1 in their respective tags and one of them have 100k views. I just thought I share this with you guys. I mean without you it wouldn't be possible to get those things. I'm happy I get to share a good story, grateful for all the time you spare reading them. To those people who keeps on commenting and kept on cheering me on, thank you! I'm sorry if somehow I didn't get to reply to all of you but yes I do read them and I do appreciate them.

I'm gonna take a break but I'll be back soon. Since I still feel there are still some stories I could write. And to assure everyone I'm not going anywhere, I'll reveal the next story that I'll be publishing. It'll be "SEE YOU IN YOUR NEXT LIFE." it's a Jeongsa story (Yes it was one of those 5 stories that were mentioned here haha. It was in Chapter 44). I'm a 2yeon stan but I have this really soft spot for Jeongyeon and Sana. If you feel like messaging me do so, I do reply to everyone no matter how late. (I did change the cover photo, I already posted this before somewhere)

Please support Twice! Let's all give them love just like how they've always given us

Please support Twice! Let's all give them love just like how they've always given us. Then, until next time, stay safe and healthy everyone!!!!!

Thank you! -J