CHAPTER 55

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383038313935322f696d616765732f313661643535393039336231316639373934393531313731343938312e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

NY : "I-Im sorry." She cries.

Sorry, a word that comes out of involuntarily. Suddenly she felt the need to apologize to everyone, to her friends, and her wife.

JH : "Aigoo. How many times are you gonna apologize to me? You don't owe me that, not even the public. If there's someone you owe that it's your wife but I doubt she wants it. How about this? Instead of apologizing to me or everyone else, go and choose Jeongyeon. Choose her as you have always done." She said hugging Nayeon. "I'm sure everything will be alright again, after all, I'm sure Jeongyeon's just waiting." She said chugging on the can of beer.

Jihyo got up and went inside of their guest room, a few minutes after she came back out wearing a set of pajamas.

Jihyo got up and went inside of their guest room, a few minutes after she came back out wearing a set of pajamas

JH : "It's a good thing Jeongyeon has kept our pajamas in here. Who would've thought that it'll really be this useful?"

NY : "Wae?"

JH : "What do you mean? I'm staying the night, I can't let leave you alone tonight."

NY : "But what about Sejeong?"

JH : "I texted her, she's okay with it. Besides, you would've done the same thing if I was the one in your place. So what do you say we finish this? She said lifting the rest of the beers. Let's just get wasted."

NY : "Arraso, I'll go change."

Jihyo knows it, she knows behind those timid cries and quiet moans lies a girl who's breaking down. A girl who wants to scream on top of her lungs.

As soon as Nayeon got back to the living room Jihyo and her started drinking like there's no tomorrow. There were no words said in between them. No one's looking at the other and no one asking if they should continue. Nayeon's drinking it like water but no matter how much she consumed it seems like the alcohol does not affect her. It's like out of nowhere she just became numb and before she knows it Jihyo was already sleeping. Nayeon help her to get to bed and went back to the living room, where she spent almost an hour doing nothing.

A spec of dust was seen floating through the light the moon was illuminating. Nayeon got up she started picking up the cans of beers they emptied and grab a duster, she started cleaning. She thought if somehow Jeongyeon finds her way home it'll be a little cleaner. Because Nayeon knows Jeongyeon loves to clean. But since she haven't touched things there wasn't really that much to clean, everything was in the same place just collecting dust. She continued cleaning until there's nothing left to do, she went back to sitting on the ground. Where she stares at the white piece of paper.

*PHONE VIBRATES*

It was just some random notification from one of her SNS app. She doesn't even feel drowsy, the alcohol she had just made it hard for her to go to bed. Nayeon scrolls through her phone until she found herself going through her voicemail.

Nayeon scrolls through her phone until she found herself going through her voicemail

*BEEPS*

"I didn't want to leave you last night when you told me to get out. But seeing how you make that face, how hurt you were I thought maybe this is what you want. But as I take a step out of that door I was praying you'll chase after me. I thought you'll come running to stop me, to tell me that you just said those things because you were upset but we both know that didn't happen. I just wish you listen to me, I wished I dared to tell you how I always felt. You didn't do anything wrong, I know you're doing things for me but sometimes I wish you pause and ask what am I doing. But it's okay, I understand. I just get scared sometimes that you'll get use to the way things are now. And.... I didn't kiss Bona, if that still matters. I would never want to kiss anyone other than you. I'm sorry we got into this mess. Let me know if you're ready to talk, I'll be waiting."

It was the first voicemail Jeongyeon left after that night. Nayeon starts crying but this time she's not holding the painful sobs.

*BEEPS*

"Hey, it's me again. I'm still hoping we can talk? Mina told me we received a copy of the divorce paper. I never thought you'll really do it. I haven't signed it yet, I don't think I can ever sign it. I just don't like the idea of not having you for the rest of my life. Call me when you're ready to talk. Again, I'm sorry."

A bunch of messages after with every single one of them just ending with the same thing. "I'm sorry." Nayeon continued listening to every single one of them, she hates herself for letting things get to this point.

*BEEPS*

"Hey I just remember a bunch of things and thought of calling you, I guess you're still not ready to speak with me. I remember how you look like the first time I saw you. You were sitting inside the room getting yourself ready for work.

The first thing you said to me and how embarrassed you looked the moment you realized I wasn't who you thought I was.

I remember the time you open up your heart to me. I remember the pain that came with seeing you cry.

I remember how your lips tremble while you walk down the aisle, the way you smile when you say your vows.

Now that I think about it, I remember almost everything but not the part where things fell apart. I just woke up one day wondering when did it start to fall apart. I should've said something the first time I felt it but I kept it to myself leaving you in the dark.

Tomorrow I'll be telling people we're getting separated, not because I don't love you anymore. You know I do, I love you and there's no question about that. I just can't keep on letting people say things about you."

Nayeon just cries her heart out, never did she thought that loving someone so much will hurt this bad

Nayeon just cries her heart out, never did she thought that loving someone so much will hurt this bad. She laid down on the sofa, looking at the empty ceiling listening to the rest of Jeongyeon's voicemail. She wished the taller girl was here with her. She just wants to see her face again.

*BEEPS*

"It's wrong, right? That I'm calling just to let you know how I found a different kind of happiness here. It's wrong because instead of facing our problems here I am having the time of my life. It's wrong because I'm starting to forget that you want to divorce me.

But it just, what I found was something I wasn't even looking for. The first time I realized I love you, I thought life begins and ends with you but here I am, having a life on my own.

If it's one thing I'm sure of, things could've been better. I could be happier right now. It would've been better if we were together.

And it wouldn't have mattered what we were doing. We could be laughing or we could be crying. It would've been better if we were together. Lately, I realized that maybe we should've slowed down. Maybe we should've listened to them. I wonder if we can still fix this Nay?"

And that was the last thing Jeongyeon left in her voicemail.

-

The morning came Nayeon didn't realize she had fallen asleep from crying, something that she's afraid becoming normal. She was wakened up by the sweet scent lingering on her nose.

JH : "Awake?"

Nayeon nodded.

JH : "I have to go, I have a meeting. I made you pancakes. Sana has already taken care of your morning schedules, if you want to rest for the day just tell her and she'll cancel the afternoon. Don't rush yourself, no one wants to see you faking a smile."

NY : "Arraso... Ji thank you."

JH : "Thank me when you fixed your marriage, we haven't done anything. So save it for next time, okay?" She smiles. "Call me if you need anything else."

NY : "Take care."

JH : "I will, you too." She said walking out of Nayeon's place.

Instead of eating Nayeon went to their bed and just laid there. She hasn't really had a peaceful sleep after she drove Jeongyeon away. She used to wake up to those mornings where Jeongyeon stares at her. She knows and most of the time she'll pretend she's still sleeping just because she wants to stay in bed a little more with her, even if that means she'll be late to work.

Yoo Jeongyeon loves Im Nayeon so much.

When she finally wakes up Jeongyeon would carry her in her back as they make their way to the bathroom. The taller girl use to leave her in bed but after getting married Jeongyeon would never leave her side whenever they're together. Jeongyeon would cook breakfast while Nayeon watch her. The meals she makes always taste different from those high-class restaurants, she could be biased by saying Jeongyeon's is better.

Yoo Jeongyeon loves Im Nayeon so much.

Then early this year when things started to change. Jeongyeon would still stay in bed for a couple of minutes before leaving to make breakfast. She knows Nayeon is tired, she always comes home late. But being the kind person she is, she understands Nayeon. She understands those nights where Nayeon would just run to bed and sleep, she understands those mornings Nayeon would wake up not having even one bite of what she made. Jeongyeon understands Nayeon but somehow that became the problem.

After a while, Nayeon got out of bed realizing there's no point in laying in there. No one's there to make her cold morning warm. Quickly she got into the shower and got ready for work. She look around, the place look the same as it did when Jeongyeon was still here. Nothing changed but everything feels different. Nothing changed but there's this emptiness lingering on it.

Nayeon thought she's pathetic, she's too busy with herself she didn't even notice how things started falling apart. How she failed to protect that one thing she wants for all her life. Now she gets how Jeongyeon feels.

It must've been sad to wait for someone's return, only for her to go straight to bed.

But tears wouldn't bring Jeongyeon back. Tears won't make up for the times she hurt the younger girl. The only thing she wants to know is if she still has a chance.

A chance to chose Jeongyeon once again.

A chance to chose Jeongyeon once again

---

(A/N) Probably 2 more updates until the end 😁 I hope everyone's having a good time. Stay safe and healthy!!!!!