CHAPTER 52

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383038303237312f696d616765732f313661633639343665633630336533323434373337333739393032392e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

The only reason Jeongyeon left that night was that she couldn't bear the thought that she's hurting her wife by just standing there. The first thing that came to her mind was call Jihyo, who came running to their place. The girl has asked her to go and stay with Chaeyoung and Mina for the night because she thought that will be best for everyone. So she did and the couple just welcomed her without any questions.

The very next day she came back home to try and fix her marriage only to find an empty house. Some of Nayeon's clothes were missing from their drawer. Hurriedly she called Jihyo, the girl told her that Nayeon was staying with Sana and Tzuyu but a few days later Jeongyeon found out she has moved out. Even though it pains them the girls refuse to tell her where the older girl is because that's what Nayeon wanted, she doesn't want Jeongyeon anywhere near her.

Jeongyeon explained herself to everyone but failed to do so with the only person that matter, her wife. No questions were asked because they knew how much these two is in love with each other.

But Nayeon was just too elusive and Mina was right when she said "You can't find someone who doesn't want to be found." Because no matter how hard Jeongyeon looks for her she won't show up. The only time she sees her is whenever her shows are running on the TV, just like everyone else's do.

The only time she sees her is whenever her shows are running on the TV, just like everyone else's do

Her message wasn't read.

Her calls were all unanswered.

And Im Nayeon is nowhere to be found.

[AFTER THREE WEEKS]

Following what happened Nayeon tried her best to avoid Jeongyeon, if it means she have to hide she'll do it. She doesn't want to see the girl nor talk to her. Right now, Nayeon has already made up her mind. She just wants to forget. So, after work, she goes straight back to the hotel, a temporary place she can find peace.

SN : "Jeongyeon said you should go back home." She said following Nayeon to the car.

Just hearing the name weakens her.

SN : "She said it's not good for you to be living in some hotel."

NY : "You told her?"

SN : "Ani, even if I wanted to I didn't because that's what you wanted. Nobody mentioned anything to her but she's not stupid unnie. If you're not staying with me or Jihyo there's only one place for you to go. You have no other family here than her. Besides, she's right there's no proper kitchen in there and the security is not that good. Don't you ever feel homesick?"

NY : "I'm not going home, she's just gonna use it as an excuse to convince me with her lies."

SN : "Aish, I hate to say this but Jeongyeon was right."

NY : "What?"

SN : "You haven't open your messages, right? If that's the only reason why you don't want to go home then you can go now."

NY : "What do you mean?"

SN : "Jeongyeon is not in your place anymore. She took her things and moved in with Chayeoung and Mina. Tomorrow she'll be having a press conference her company planned. Since one of you has to address the situation. Your place is empty, she knew you're not gonna go back until she's out of there."

Nayeon just looked at her.

SN :

SN : "That's it? You're not gonna ask me how she's been doing? Or if she's ever gonna come home? Are you even sure this is what you want? A divorce unnie? What did auntie and uncle have to say about this?"

Nayeon looked away and sigh, she's not ready to talk about things like this. One thing she's sure of was it wouldn't matter what her parents say, it wouldn't matter what people say. She made up her mind and she wants to finish everything between them as soon as possible.

SN : "Aish, you do know that once those papers get signed you're no longer her wife, right? Is that what you really want?"

The older girl just nodded.

SN : "Your wife is stubborn but I can say that you can get more stubborn when you want to. Arraso, just pack your things Tzuyu and I will pick you up later, and we're not leaving until we take you."

And Sana did what she said, she didn't even let the older girl think twice about going home. She grabs her things and carried them to Tzuyu's car. Nayeon didn't argue anymore, she knows Sana. The girl won't stop until she gets what she wants.

Somehow the way back home felt different than usual. The places are the same but the feeling is strange.

The older girl follows Sana and Tzuyu on the way up as if this is their house and not hers. Her wife had probably given Sana the keys. The moment the door opened Nayeon noticed that the place look exactly the same way it did when she left.

SN : "Do you want us to stay?"

NY : "Aniyo."

TY : "Are you sure unnie? We don't really mind."

NY : "There's no need to worry, I'm okay being alone."

SN : "We just thought it must've been tough for you to be back and I'm sorry about what I said earlier."

NY : "Gwenchana I know you're just worried for me but I'll be fine on my own. I'm gonna go to bed after you guys leave. You should rest, Tzuyu probably has work tomorrow."

TY : "Arraso unnie but if you need anything give us a call."

SN : "We'll come running."

NY : "Hai, hai. Thank you for the ride and take care on your way home."

SN : "We will, goodnight."

NY : "Good night." She said closing the door.

Once she was left alone Nayeon just went to bed and didn't even bother to put her clothes back to the drawers. She covers herself in a blanket and just lays there. To be honest it's been hard for her to sleep. Usually, she turns left and right many times before she can get to sleep.

Well, you can say the only way she could sleep is by getting herself worn out.

[PRESENT]

MN : "Are you sure about this?"

JY : "No." She confidently said.

MN :

MN : "Aish, you know you don't have to do this, right? you didn't have to tell everyone."

JY : "And let them think that's Nayeon is the one at fault? You saw the news, the papers. Everyone thinks she's doing something wrong when we all know she wasn't."

MN "So your solution to the problem was to announce that you're getting separated? Are you even signing the paper?"

JY : "Wae? Did the papers arrive? Have she signed it"

MN : "Ani, Jihyo said unnie have it but it seems like your wife is taking her time to sign it."

JY : "Then I'm not gonna worry until then. Right now I just want to make sure to keep her name clean since we all know she didn't do anything."

MN : "And how about yours?"

JY : "It's not like I'm gonna go inside to tell people I cheated on my wife. I'm just here to formally announce it, to make things clear."

MN : "That's so uncharacteristic of you. Arraso but promise me you're not gonna say anything stupid. Just say no comment with every question."

JY : "If that's what you want."

Jeongyeon and Mina walked into the room, of course, there's this awkward silence inside. Every face Jeongyeon looks at has the same question written on them.

"What happened?"

She greets them politely, like how she always does, and just like what Mina said the only thing she utter was "No comment." But everyone has their breaking point because, on the last question Jeongyeon got, she forgot what she have to say. She shouldn't have because the question is basically what everyone has been asking since the announcement.

"Ms. Yoo all of us who came here and even your fans just want to know one thing, what really happened between you two?" A young girl asked.

And maybe it's partly because she's tired from the long days and the restless nights she has to go through without her wife. Slowly the people start to fade in the middle of the empty room, Nayeon suddenly shows up but not for the same reason she used to. This time Nayeon bears a lonely face. Jeongyeon can't help but let her heartbreak for the millionth time today.

Jeongyeon can't help but let her heartbreak for the millionth time today

"What happened to us, Jeong?" Nayeon asked her.

Jeongyeon knows this is just a figment of her imagination, she knows her eyes are playing tricks on her but it's not like this is the first time this has happened. She's been seeing the image of her wife all the time, in the morning when she wakes up, throughout the day, and even in her sleep. Nayeon keeps showing up in front of her asking the same question.

"We lost control." Jeongyeon answered.

She knows that doesn't answer any question but that's what really happened.

They lost control.

-

Nayeon woke up to a severe headache, who wouldn't? She spend the whole day sleeping in and before she knew it, it was already late in the afternoon. She sighs another day where she just regrets waking up. There's really nothing for her to do, that's why sometimes she rather be busy with work than stay in the hotel or currently, in her place.

She sat in the living room, the first thing she does is check her voicemail. It was just a bunch of messages from the girls and of course that one voicemail she refuse to listen to. She opens the TV and what are the odds? It was a reran of Jeongyeon's press conference. It just feels like someone wants her to see it.

Nayeon looks at how Jeongyeon sits uncomfortably in the middle of the table. She notices how the eyes that used to sparkle at her are just plain black.

It was empty.

Seeing Jeongyeon was the last thing she wants, she was about to change the channel until Mina started talking.

"Yoo Jeongyeon is gonna have an indefinite leave from the entertainment industry." The Japanese said.

All of a sudden she starts tearing up again. She never heard anything about this but then again she was hiding from the girl. It just pains her more to think that it seems like this is really how things end between them.

It just pains her more to think that it seems like this is really how things end between them

Nayeon watch as her soon-to-be ex-wife gets bombarded by question. The question she keeps answering with no comment. She doesn't know why she's still watching but maybe it's just the lack of will to hold the remote and turn the TV off.

She's barely holding herself together until Jeongyeon got asked what happened between them. Something Nayeon been meaning to find out.

Jeongyeon looks dead straight in the camera. Everyone held their breath and even Nayeon unconsciously did. At that moment she thought the girl was talking to her.

"We lost control." She said.

We lost control Nayeon.

Then the older girl just gives in to her misery, she starts sobbing again. Yes, they did lose control but things shouldn't have been like this.

The end shouldn't have started.

---

(A/N) Who would've thought it's already been two days? That was fast but here you go, we're almost close to the ending. Told you guys I like the Idiot couple dynamics HAHA. Hope everyone staying safe and healthy!