CHAPTER 48

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037373936362f696d616765732f313661623234303565613530663064333935363738343939303236392e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

*BEEP*BEEP*

Jeongyeon reaches for her phone, with half eyes close she turn off her alarm. She turns to her side only to find Nayeon sleeping like a baby. Slowly she brushes her wife's cheeks.

"5 more minutes." She whisper.

You can't blame the girl for wanting 5 minutes of this. Because she used to have those mornings where she doesn't even have to worry about laying in bed with Nayeon for more than 5 minutes.

5 minutes of her and Nayeon.

5 minutes of Jeongyeon holding her world in her hand.

Nayeon mumbles in her sleep, Jeongyeon couldn't make up the word but it seems like her wife is having a good dream. She smiles as she watches over the older girl and you can say Nayeon can do a little and Jeongyeon would still find a reason to smile.

This is why these 5 minutes are so important to the taller girl.

This is why these 5 minutes are so important to the taller girl

-

Out of nowhere, Jeongyeon feels her cheeks being poke, she opens her eyes to find Nayeon pressing one of her fingers against it.

NY : "Took you this long enough to wake up?"

Jeongyeon brushes her eyes. "I've been up for a while I just closed my eyes, what time is it?"

NY : "10 in the morning."

JY : "10?!?!" She said jumping out of bed.

NY : "Ehhhhh?"

JY : "Mianhae, I was already awake at 6 and I swear I was gonna wake you up. Hurry up, you're already late."

Nayeon starts laughing out loud that left Jeongyen baffled.

JY : "Eh?"

NY : "Haha and I always thought I was the workaholic one here. It's Sunday, I don't have any work and neither do you."

JY : "What? I totally forgot and I'm not a workaholic, I just got used to waking you up since you always have trouble getting out of bed. Were you up for so long?" She said sitting back next to her.

NY : "Ani, maybe 5 minutes ago? I was starting to feel lonely that's why I decided to wake you up."

Nayeon grabs her hand and Jeongyeon notices how rough her hand got. Her wife must've been working too much the soft hands she used to have become a little rough.

JY : "Arraso, to make up for it, I'll let you decide what to do and eat for today."

NY : "Jinja?"

JY : "Of course, anything for you."

NY : "Hmmmm." She ponders. "Then, I want a day of just lazing around! And can we have some take-outs for later?"

It's not like Jeongyeon's expecting something from it but she thought maybe they could go out for a walk.

JY : "Arraso! I did say anything. Come on, let's get up and watch your favorite series." She said offering her back.

NY : "What's that?"

JY : "Let me carry you to the bathroom." She smiles.

Nayeon didn't even say a word anymore, she just hopped in her back and put her hands around her shoulder

Nayeon didn't even say a word anymore, she just hopped in her back and put her hands around her shoulder. And as Jeongyeon carries her world in her back, she starts to notice how light she has become.

Now she wonders how long has it has been that she didn't notice any of this earlier? When did Nayeon start to change?

NY : "Are you going to carry me all day?" She said breaking Jeongyeon's deep pondering.

JY : "If you want me to."

NY : "Haha, pabo. Let me down, so we can have lunch and start watching."

JY : "So basically you just want to start lazing around?"

NY : "That's what weekends are for!"

JY : "Arraso, if that's what you want."

After washing up, the couple decides to start watching while they wait for food that Nayeon ordered.

NY : "I was thinking we could clean up for today but when I saw the living room I thought there's nothing to clean. Even the sink was empty, the trash is not even half full to be taken out. Our clothes are all dry cleaned and when I got out of the bathroom you already cleaned our bed. Now that I think of it, ever since we got married nothing really changed." She said out of nowhere.

JY : "If you've been home more than you are at work you'll notice how things have changed." She whisper.

NY : "What's that?"

And it hits her, Jeongyeon realized she said her inner thoughts out loud. She didn't know how to answer when in the first place she didn't know where did those come from. She was quiet and so does her wife, the only thing they could hear was the people inside the small box mumbling something they're not even processing.

Nayeon waits for her but can Jeongyeon tell her wife how things have changed?

JY : "Nay-"

*DING*DONG*DING*DONG*

NY : "Ohhhh! The pizza is here! Jeong, pause the TV." She said running towards the door.

Jeongyeon sighs, there's a lot of things going on in her head but what she's anxious about is the growing worries she has inside of her.

Every day it creeps on her.

Every day it gets deeper.

And every day she adds a question, she doesn't know how to answer.

NY : "Look they gave us extra breadsticks." She said sitting next to Jeongyeon.

JY : "You have a lot of food."

NY : "It's just once in a few months."

JY : "Arraso."

NY : "Look it's freshly made."

JY : "Is that pineapple?"

NY : "Yeah!"

JY : "What?! Pineapple doesn't go with pizza."

NY : "Huh?! It does!"

JY : "Ehhhhhh but...."

NY : "Aren't you the one who said I can have whatever I want?" She said in a pout.

JY : "Y-yes." She stutter.

NY : "Then open wide."

Jeongyeon didn't really have the will to argue with her wife, so she open the older made her bite the pizza.

Jeongyeon didn't really have the will to argue with her wife, so she open  the older made her bite the pizza

NY : "It's sweet, right?" She smiles.

JY : "It is." She lies.

It was sweet but it's somewhat sour. She lies because that's what makes her wife happy, she lies because she wants her to be happy. With these things in mind, Jeongyeon chose to lie once again. She just wants to enjoy today "I'll tell her next time." She said in her mind.

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Yoo Nayeon so much.

-

"They say love is the answer to every problem....

"But it also ruins everything."

A lot of food and a bunch of episodes and movies after and Jeongyeon finds herself still laying on the sofa holding her wife between her hands. The sun has already set but it seems like it's still warm inside their home.

It's like Jeongyeon closed her eyes for a moment and a whole day has passed away.

*SNIFF*

Jeongyeon noticed how the older girl in front of her started to scrunched her nose again. Quickly she grabs a tissue just by the table next to them.

"Thank you." Nayeon said.

Nothing surprising for Jeongyeon because the moment they started watching, the tears in Nayeon's eye didn't get to dry. Her wife picked all the emotional shows and movies. And if she does think about it Nayeon have cried the whole day.

JY : "We'll sleep after this one." She whisper.

NY : "Buuuuut."

JY : "It's late, we both have work tomorrow and your eyes are puffy from all the crying."

NY : "Arraso but promise me we'll continue next time."

JY : "Of course, there's gonna be a lot of next time so don't worry about it." She hugs her tighter.

Nayeon went back to watching. "Gomawo." She said without looking at Jeongyeon.

*RING*RING*

NY : "It's Sana."

JY : "You should go and answer it."

NY : "Ehhh what if it's just because Tzuyu didn't agree with her? Like that time she called because Tzuyu said fries don't go well with ice cream. She called just to get us on her side."

JY : "Haha but aren't you like that most of the time? Don't you usually call her something weird too?"

NY : "Aniyo!"

JY : "Haha arraso, whatever it is, we'll just say yes to her."

NY : "Aish, arraso." She said pausing the TV.

NY : "What's up? What did Tzuyu say this time?"

NY : "Ehhhhh? Now? It's already late."

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon, somehow she thinks she knows what's about to happen

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon, somehow she thinks she knows what's about to happen.

NY : "Arraso I'll get ready. I'll call you once I'm ready." She said hanging up the phone.

Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon, she hesitate for a while but the other girl could tell. It's written all over her face.

JY : "It's work, right?" She asks.

NY : "Y-yes.... Sana said the production team of one of my shows called her and told her they had to edit something. They want me to come in to retake some scenes. Jeong..."

JY : "Arraso, you get ready. I'll drive you to work."

NY : "You don't have to. Sana and Tzuyu are picking me up.

JY : "Ani, Tzuyu's probably tired too, it'll be closer if she didn't have to pick you up from here."

NY : "Are you sure?"

JY : "Yes." She said standing up. "Go get ready, I'll clean up here."

NY : "Jeong I'm sorry. I'll come home as soon as I can."

JY : "Don't worry about it." She lies.

Nayeon went to get herself ready while the taller girl cleans after themselves. On a sweet day, they had turned bitter. Jeongyeon thinks about what Nayeon had said earlier, that nothing really changed.

But the truth was everything in their house has changed. The carpet, the position of their sofa and TV, and even their tableware has changed but the older girl never said a word. She never noticed the changes.

Nayeon never knew because she's rarely at home.

---