CHAPTER 9

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

 

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313034343939363833392f696d616765732f313637326237386563663935646334393131303534353634323730382e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NAYEON'S POV

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Good morning Ms. Im, did you know today will be sunny and chilly at the same time? Don't forget your jacket!"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"I don't remember subscribing to weather forecast."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Well, you're lucky you get it for free haha."

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Arraso Ms. Yoo, thank you, and good morning to you too."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"There you go, I'm gonna go get ready for work. Have a great day!"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Hai, hai. Same to you!"

This is what my regular morning looks like, I wake up to get ready for work and a text from her. A week had passed since Jeongyeon and I started talking. I wonder how busy she is that she wakes up this early.

Occasionally she'll show up in her usual hoodie, chewing a piece of gum with a cup of coffee in hand

Occasionally she'll show up in her usual hoodie, chewing a piece of gum with a cup of coffee in hand. Not that I asked for it, I know she's just doing it because of that and I just got used to her.

SN : "I'm gonna get ahjussi, you can wait here."

NY : "I'll go, in that way you don't have to fetch me again."

SN : "Arraso. So how's your suitor???"

NY : "I don't remember anyone being my suitor."

SN : "I see, still denying the fact that Yoo Jeongyeon likes you."

NY : "Ehhhhh, don't say it like that people might get the wrong idea."

SN : "Isn't this where it's going anyway??? You don't talk to people if you don't want them to be a part of your life."

NY : "But it's not always like that."

SN : "Liar. You don't talk to anyone like you talk to her. You're always smiling and recently you've been on your phone a lot."

NY : "Not because that's how you are with Tzuyu doesn't mean I'm the same with her."

SN : "In denial, wait here. I'll call ahjussi."

NY : "Araso."

I stood in the lobby as I waited for them when my phone started ringing. My heart starts beating fast, when did I ever feel this in me?

INCOMING CALL : PARK JIHYO

Ohhhh it was just Jihyo..... Wait a minute Im Nayeon, who are you even expecting????

NY : "Yes boss?"

JH : "Yah!"

NY : "Wae?!?!"

JH : "You didn't tell me that girl you were talking about last week was Yoo Jeongyeon!"

JH :

NY : "Ehhhhh? And how did you know it was her???"

JH : "I'm watching the news right now, it says that you two have amazing chemistry."

NY : "And? That doesn't mean anything."

JH : "It does! Yoo Jeongyeon has a reputation of ghosting everyone..... And what did you said to me before? Someone bailed on you?"

NY : "Okay, okay so what if it was her?"

JH : "Duh? Just say the word and I'll help you out. Maybe you'll even be more than friends..."

NY : "Pabo, that's what you call abuse of power. You and Sana have to get your head straight, I don't want anything more from her."

JH : "Ehhhh."

NY : "Besides we're good friends now."

JH : "I'm just saying I can help you......"

*BEEP*BEEP*

NY : "Just like what I said I don't want anything more than that. I'm going, Sana is here."

JH : "You never know that. Just remember if you want it I'll help you out."

NY : "Haha thank but no thanks."

-

The day went by, I got busy with work and so did Jeongyeon. It's 8 in the evening and I don't think we're near to packing up.

*INCOMING TEXT*

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Good evening Ms. Im, we just finished taping. How about you? Is it time to go home?"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"We're still in the middle of work, I don't think it's gonna be over soon."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Ohhhhh why does it feels like whenever I'm about to ask you to have dinner or even lunch with me, you have an excuse like this????"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"It's not like that, it's just we're always busy."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Hahaha I'm kidding. I know how in-demand Ms. Im is, but did you even eat dinner yet?"

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Well, we're still waiting. I haven't gotten a free time yet."

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"You always skip your meals like it's not important."

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Hahaha it's not like that, I don't skip them. I just do it at a later time than everyone does."

It was almost half an hour and I haven't heard anything from her. To be honest, she's been like this ever since we started texting. I guess it's really a part of her, maybe she does disappear but she does it in a way not even herself notice.

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"And you...... You always disappear like this, haha."

-

The wind blew in our direction, it's a bit chilly just like what Jeongyeon said in the morning. I guess autumn is already here. It's been years since that day and I guess autumn will still be the same this year. Maybe it'll still be cold just like how it was 5 years ago but I got used to it, I can even look at her without having the urge to cry.

Maybe it'll still be cold just like how it was 5 years ago but I got used to it, I can even look at her without having the urge to cry

Maybe it'll be warmer next year. I said as I look at the starry sky.

*INCOMING CALL*

FROM YOO JEONGYEON

JY : "Ms. Im, what are you looking at?"

NY : "The sky???"

JY : "I know, what I mean is what are you searching in it?"

NY : "Huh?????"

JY : "Well, whatever it is please don't get yourself lost on it. I would hate it if I don't get the chance to see you tomorrow."

I started looking around, I know she's here.

JY : "And what are you looking for now?"

NY : "I'm looking for you, pabo."

JY : "Hahaha aren't you a little hot-headed? You don't have to look for me, I'm right where you need me to be."

I looked at the road and there she was, in her black hoodie, waving at me.

I looked at the road and there she was, in her black hoodie, waving at me

JY : "Annyeong Ms. Im."

She was a little far away from me and she even has her mask on but somehow I thought I saw her smile. Before I knew it, I start chuckling.

JY : "What's funny????"

NY : "You..... You always show up like this."

JY : "Like what?"

NY : "Uninvited..... Wait for me, I'm coming down."

Maybe I just didn't notice it sooner but autumn is beginning to feel a little warmer this year.

---