CHAPTER 22

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036393035373738342f696d616765732f313638313135643966663239346530353835383937303636323033362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

"I love her and that's the beginning and end of everything." -Great Gatsby.

NO ONE'S POV

Chaeyoung drives her way to the said bar, somehow something was bothering her. It rarely happens and it doesn't feel like she's picking up Mina. Chaeyoung knows her and she knows Mina is not like this.

The moment she parked her car she came running into the building, quickly she found Jeongyeon sitting in the lobby.

JY : "Yow."

CY : "Don't yow yow me. What happened?"

JY : "I told you already, she's already like that when we got here."

CY : "You could've stopped her."

JY : "We did, that's why Sana, Momo, and Nayeon are pretty much drunk too"

CY : "Ehhhhhh? Why did you let that happen?"

CY :

JY : "Yah..... You're getting upset because I didn't stop her and now you're upset too because I didn't stop them? It was the only thing we can do, it's not like I wanted them to do that. Sana and Momo just did what they have to do for their best friend, Nayeon instinctively join because the two have been drinking a lot. I'll drink everything if I wasn't driving Nayeon home and I know Tzu would do the same but we had to be sober to drive."

CY : "Mianhae."

JY : "Forgiven."

CY : "Is Dahyun here?"

JY : "Just got up there."

CY : "Arraso where are they? let's just all go home."

JY : "3rd floor, gaja."

The smaller girl just followed Jeongyeon into the elevator and inside the room. This is not what Chaeyoung anticipated, she was expecting the girls to be all over the place. Surprisingly enough it was the exact opposite of what she thought.

Sana was clinging up to Tzuyu, Dahyun is trying to explain to Momo that she's outside and she's not dreaming. Nayeon singing a soulful song and Mina sitting next to her, head on Nayeon's shoulder and it looks like she has passed out.

CY : "Unnie let's go." She said tapping her shoulders

MN : "Chaeng? Chaengie?"

CY : "Hai, hai. Gaja?"

Mina stood up she was trying hard to walk on her own when Chaeyoung noticed her. The smaller girl crouched in front of her offering her back.

CY : "I'll carry you to the car unnie."

MN : "Gomawo."

The smaller girl noticed how heavy Mina seems. She turned around and saw Jeongyeon in her back and the other girls start laughing.

CY : "Yah! Get off me."

JY :

JY : "Ehhhhh but you said you'll carry me?"

CY : "Pabo, are you sure you're not drunk?"

JY : "Of course not. I didn't even drink a drip."

CY : "Then get off me, Mina unnie come on we're leaving."

JY : "Tss."

Mina didn't say anything, she just settles in Chaeyoung's back.

JY : "Of course you get a free ride too. Suddenly she caries Nayeon like they're a newly wedded couple."

CY : "Put your hood on before people recognize you."

JY : "Hai, hai."

Sana looks at Tzuyu, the girl didn't have to say a word Chou Tzuyu knows exactly how her girlfriend's mind works. She stepped forward and offered her back and Sana just quickly hop on. While Dahyun struggles to carry her girlfriend like she was a baby, Momo has passed out.

The eight of them boarded the elevator and all Jeongyeon did was laugh on her own.

DH : "What's so funny?"

CY : "She's probably losing it."

JY : "Pabo-yah."

TY : "Then why are you laughing like that?"

JY : "Well, it just occurred to me how it used to be just the four of us when Tzuyu just joined the company. We would go out and have a late-night snack after work, after having enough fun on our own Mina would come to scold me and pick Chaeyoung and me. While Sana arrives with Momo to pick up their girlfriends. It was always us who gets to be picked up and look at us now." She chuckles. "We are the one picking them up, we're literally picking them up haha."

DH :

DH : "Haha now that you pointed it out, it is kinda funny. But hey, look at us now, we're all matured." She smiles at the other girls.

TY : "Jinja? Weren't you the one complaining earlier about how these four didn't leave any fries for you? You could say the three of us are mature but not you."

DH : "Yah! Then if I'm not, none of us is!"

CY : "Stop fighting like a bunch of college students. Fix yourself up the elevators almost at the ground floor."

Dahyun, Tzuyu, and Jeongyeon looked at the smaller girl, the three starts laughing together.

JY : "Look at that, I guess Chayoung is the only one who had grown up here haha."

DH : "Well, she might do but not her height haha."

TY : "Haja! Hahaha!"

CY : "H-A-H-A! You two only agree if it comes to bullying me."

*DING*

Jeongyeon sets Nayeon down before they got out of the door and so the other girls, all barely holding on. Surely enough, there were paparazzi outside. Jeongyeon waves at them.

CY :

CY : "What do you think you're doing" She whisper.

JY : "It's alright if they see how hard we're trying to hide they'll just make up things about it. In this way, we can just tell them we're just a bunch of friends hanging out." She said waving one last time.

And Chaeyoung just agrees, she was right it'll just make things worse for them. At least everyone looks sober when they saw them.

Tzuyu and Dahyun went ahead with their girlfriends. Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung buckles Mina and Nayeon. One is quiet and the other is lively.

NY : "Are we gonna buy ice cream?"

JY : "Haha at this time? It's late, time for you to go to bed."

NY : "Ehhhh."

JY : "Just sit tight and I'll take you home. Chaeng, we'll go ahead. This one needs to go to bed."

CY : "Arraso hyung. drive home carefully."

JY : "you too, don't try to do anything funny with Mina."

CY : "I could tell you the same thing."

JY : "As if I do anything weird to this precious bunny." She said pointing at Nayeon

CY : "Everything you do is weird, weirdo. I'll see you at work."

JY : "Hai, hai."

-

The drive back home was quiet, Mina's passed out next to her. Well, that's what Chaeyoung thought. The Japanese haven't said a word since they got in the car. Of course, Chaeyoung would just let her rest.

MN : "Chaeng."

Chaeyoung steals a glance and saw Mina half asleep.

CY : "Just rest unnie, we're almost back at your place."

MN : "Chaeng, are you upset?"

CY : "Ani, surprise maybe? It's just not like you, unnie."

MN : "Because I don't drink? Because I'm a nice girl?"

CY : "Ani...."

MN : "Or maybe it's because it's not like her?"

Chaeyoung almost stepped on the brake, she wasn't sure if she heard it right.

CY : "Unnie...."

MN : "Don't you think it's unfair? That the only reason you like me is that I remind you of your first love? Sometimes it crosses my mind that if she didn't die would you even notice me? That the only reason that you like me is that she and I were similar. That I remind you of her?"

She hears Mina's voice crack, Chaeyoung's throat is starting to dry up.

MN : "I still remember the day we met. The first thing you did was tell me how I remind you of someone special. How I'm almost that same girl you used to know. Maybe after all these years, it's still her you see whenever you look at me. Maybe what you thought you feel for me is still for her.....

That's why it's hard, it's hard to say I like you too. It's hard to say it since I'm afraid I'm not really the one you like. That you're just saying that because of her.

That's some kind of sitcom, funny right? I like you, I love you but it hurts it's not even something I could celebrate

That's some kind of sitcom, funny right? I like you, I love you but it hurts it's not even something I could celebrate. Not something I can boast around, I can't because what if you suddenly change your mind. Because I'm starting to be someone you're not familiar with, I'm starting to be different from her. Is this how it supposed to feel? Is love supposed to be this painful?"

CY : "Unnie it's not like that."

MN : "If it's not then can you tell me one thing? Let say we did make things work between us, we lived a long and happy life together and our time comes. Would you come running to me if you saw me in heaven? Or would you be running to her?"

Chaeyoung couldn't answer, she's not in her right mind but if there's one thing she can't afford is to hurt Mina.

CY : "Unnie, let's talk about this when you're sober."

MN : "The only reason I had a lot of alcohol is that I wanted to be honest with you. I wanted to be honest with myself. Because I know well enough if I don't I won't be able to tell you what I said. I'll probably be that girl who tries too hard to be someone she's not. It's almost 3 years and don't you think both of us have enough of waiting?"

The smaller grips the steering wheel, she wants to say something but she can't find the words. All she could do is continue driving while she hears Mina's silent sobs.

That's the only thing she could hear, Mina's silent sobs until there's nothing.

Until it was quiet.

Chaeyoung pulled up in the parking lot, she faced Mina and found the girl has passed out.

CY : "Unnie." She shakes her.

Mina wakes up and looks at her and unlike some people mina doesn't forget when she's intoxicated. It only makes her remember. She remembers every word she has said and she also remembered how Chaeyoung didn't say a word to her. She stepped out of the car without saying a single word to Chaeyoung. The smaller girl quickly got out of the car.

CY : "Unnie."

MN : "You don't have to."

She slowly turns around and smiles as if she was saying goodbye. As if it's the last time she'll ever get to see the smaller girl. Chaeyoung notices how red her eyes were. Again, she lost the words and it seems like she's starting to lose her too.

Mina continued making her way inside the building. Chaeyoung was frozen in her place, no one stopping her, she just didn't move. "Wait" that's what she wanted to say but couldn't. She makes a fist, she hates this.

She hates how she just stood there and watch Mina disappear in front of her.

She hates how she just stood there and watch Mina disappear in front of her

Wait.

Wait..

Wait...

Wait....

All she has to do is say the word, all she has to is run to her. All she has to do is be honest to Mina and herself.

But all Son Chayeoung did was watch Myoui Mina walks away.

All she did was let herself lose her.

---