CHAPTER 53

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383038303636332f696d616765732f313661643534323039363135343661393634353931393435383730322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

It's been days since Jeongyeon held her press conference, a month since she caught her with someone else. The pains can still kill someone else but Nayeon knows that all wounds heal. The cut Jeongyeon made through her heart is nothing different, it will heal.

SN : "Unnie, there's no other way in. So, just ignore everyone, okay?"

Nayeon nodded. It seemed like she forgot how to talk, well, let's just say Jeongyeon left and so do the words.

Sana and Nayeon got out of the car, people give them their distance. But of course, there will still be someone curious. Someone who wants to know Nayeon's side on this.

SN : "Sorry, we're not answering any questions. We hope everyone understands, have a great day." She said walking alongside Nayeon.

But even with the statement people didn't stop

But even with the statement people didn't stop.

"Where did everything began to fall?"

"Did Jeongyeon cheated?"

"Mrs. Yoo where did the end begin?"

Hearing someone call her that name just punch a hole into her, she doesn't know how to react to the name. Nayeon is not a Yoo anymore. She pursed her lips holding the pain inside her, she wants to know what happened too. She wants to know when did it begin but how? When she's like everyone else, who didn't have a clue. Thanks to Sana who pulled her inside the building because without her there Nayeon would've stopped and cry.

SN : "Are you okay?"

NY : "Yes."

SN : "You know we can always ask them to postpone the filming, right?"

NY : "I do but I don't need it."

SN : "We all know you do, aside from your regular days off you haven't gotten any rest since that happened."

NY : "I'm not stopping work just for something like that. I don't even think it'll be good for me to do that."

SN : "This is your marriage we're talking about, your life."

NY : "I already made up my mind Sana."

SN : "Aish, arraso. But remember sometimes it's good to take a pause and think about things carefully. Gaja, we wouldn't want to be late."

Nayeon made her way to the studio where they've spent most of their time filming, it's another day of awkward silence. She knows everyone wants to know what happened with her failed marriage but no one dared to ask. Everyone was trying hard not to mention anything about it, it made things awkward and stiff. It's not like she cares, Nayeon appreciates how everyone tries to be respectful about the situation but she doesn't have time to worry about this kind of thing.

-

As the day comes to its end Nayeon couldn't stop but notice how Sana spend half of the time looking at the older girl's phone. If it wasn't busy she would've asked her why a long time ago.

NY : "Something's wrong?"

SN : "Nothing serious, it's just an unknown number keeps on calling you for a while now."

NY : "Unknown number? It's probably...." She pauses.

SN : "Jeongyeon? I don't think so. I mean yes that girl is annoying but she wouldn't call you this much especially when she knows you have work to do besides they haven't left a single voicemail, unlike your wife who loves to do it, like it's her diary."

Nayeon just looked at Sana.

SN : "Sorry, I mean, your ex-wife." She corrected herself. "I'll just block whoever it is."

NY : "Don't."

SN : "Ehhhhh?"

NY : "Just answer the call."

SN : "You would answer a call from someone you're not even sure whom but refuse to do when it comes to Jeong?"

NY : "It could be important."

SN : "And what if it's not? What if it's just someone who'll ask for money? There's a lot of scams right now."

NY : "Just hear them out, ask them what they want."

SN : "Arraso, it's your phone anyway."

NY : "Then I'll go back to work, they said this will be the last for today. We can go home after, I'll see you in a few."

SN : "Haaaai! Hwaiting!"

-

In the middle of taping Nayeon remembered the divorce paper sitting in her living room. She should've just signed and got it over with but it's over a month and it's still there, not even a single crease on it.

"I'll sign it tonight." She said in her mind.

Nayeon looks at Sana while the director wraps up the set. She couldn't help but worry since the Japanese looked troubled. As soon as they got to say their goodbye Nayeon quickly walk up to Sana.

NY : "Is there something wrong?"

SN : "Ani... Let's go home."

The older girl just followed Sana to the car.

*DOOR CLOSES*

NY :

NY : "So what's with the calls?"

SN : "It's not important."

NY : "Ehhh? If it was nothing you wouldn't look nervous right now. Just tell me, I don't wanna deal with this suspense."

SN : "It's Bona, I told you it's not important."

NY : "And what does she wants?"

SN : "Aish, she wants to meet up and talk with you. I said you're not coming but she said she'll be waiting on XX Restaurant until 9."

NY : "Let's go home."

SN : "Arraso, ahjussi let's go."

It took them an hour to drop Nayeon off her place. Like every day the ahjumma at the front desk never fail to greet her. She opens the door and turns the lights on.

"Jeong, I'm home." Nayeon unconsciously said.

Right away she feels her body became heavy Then it hits her, it's been a month but she never got used to the feeling of being alone or the nights where she doesn't find someone sleeping on the sofa. Without changing her clothes Nayeon just sits in the living room, it's becoming a little dusty since she spends a little to no time staying in the place.

There she stares at a piece of paper, Petition for Divorce.

Nayeon wonders how long has she have left this on the living room table, she thought it's just been a couple of days since she got it when the truth is it's been weeks. Seems like no matter how bad she wanted to get separated from her spouse she still need time to get ready.

Out of nowhere, Nayeon thought about something, quickly she grabs her keys and got into the car. She drove all the way back not knowing why she's doing it. The next thing she knows is she's following this guy into a private room.

The next thing she knows is she's following this guy into a private room

*DOOR CLOSES*

BN : "Hi, it's nice to see you again, thank you for coming. Sorry, the first time we met was short. Again, I'm Bona or you can call me Jiyeon."

Seeing Bona all well made Nayeon rage inside.

NY : "Please cut the b*ll you know why I'm here."

BN : "If you say so. Then, you saw us right? And I'm assuming that's why you wanted to get a divorce. Let me set the record straight, Jeongyeon didn't kiss me, I kissed your wife."

[FLASHBACK]

Jeongyeon was on her way back to her wife when Bona pulled on her clothes.

BN : "T-the sponsor wanted to take a picture in the balcony with everyone." She stutter.

JY : "I'll go tell my wife then I'll be right there."

BN : "The president is leaving soon so they want us now."

JY : "Arraso."

Jeongyeon didn't have any suspicion with it, she just followed the girl out of the balconies door.

JY : "I thought everyone is here? Did they leave? Are there in that much rush? Guess we can't help it, I'll be going back now."

Bona didn't say a word and just took a step towards Jeongyeon; One after the other until their lips were already touching. Jeongyeon's eyes grew big, she was too surprised with what happened she couldn't react right away.

BN: "I hate you for saying everything got better, how could this be better? When I'm not the one you go home to? How can it be better when we never ended up together? It's supposed to be you and me until the end, remember?" She starts tearing up. "Jeong is it really too late?"

Jeongyeon looked at the other girl, she didn't have anything to say

Jeongyeon looked at the other girl, she didn't have anything to say. All she has in mind was to run to her wife. So without saying anything to the girl Jeongyeon turned around and started walking away.

BN : "If I can't have you, then nobody can. Nobody." She said dejectedly.

The taller girl turns to face her, the anger is building up inside her.

JY : "For sake! How long are you gonna keep this sh*t for? How many time would you ask me if you're late? If it's not obvious you are! Stop coming back every single time thinking I'm still waiting for you. The only reason why I let you ruin every single relationship I wanted...." She paused. "Was because I thought we could work things out before."

BN : "We can Jeong, we can make things work just like old times."

Jeongyeon sarcastically chuckles. "Jiyeon, what we had was perfect. You and I were perfect, you love me and I loved you. But there's a thing you didn't see in us, things you didn't see in me so instead of telling me, you started looking for it in somebody else. Do you think we're gonna be fine? I doubt, I'm sure you would've cheated on me a couple of times more if we did get back together. I played along with you because I loved you. Do you know how many times I wanted a relationship but gave up because of you? I did everything but we were hopeless. We're just killing each other."

BN : "And you think what you have with Nayeon isn't? Is too obvious Jeong, something is going on with your relationship."

JY : "Who do you think you are to say that? If there is then what? Am I supposed to walk away just because there's something we can't agree with? Do you think it's the perfect time for you to make a move just because we have some issues? Well, you got it all wrong. This relationship I have, this marriage is the only thing I want in my life now and no matter what happens I'll keep on fixing it. I'm not gonna leave just because the situation is not in my favor, I'm not gonna leave just because I don't want to deal with it. I'm not gonna be like you." She said calmly.

BN : "Then tell me, what does she have that I don't Jeong? What's special with her that you're willing to do these things for her and not for me? If you have given me a chance we could've made it together.."

JY : "I gave you thousands of chances but all you ever did was come back one day and run away the next day. We did that over and over again and Nayeon..... Nayeon looked at me once." She said lifting one finger. "She looked at me once and just like that she saw everything I am, everything I can do, everything you never saw in me. Nayeon looked at me and knew I was enough. Nayeon loves me even though we haven't been together for so long but within the 3 years we were together there wasn't a day that she looked at me with empty eyes. There wasn't a day where she just stayed because it's what she's used to. Jiyeon don't you get it? Nayeon chose me even on days I'm not worthy to be chosen, she chose me over and over. Nayeon loves me, more than I deserve." Finally, Jeongyeon gave in to the frustration, she runs her hand through her hair as she scratch her scalp.

JY : "I trusted you, again and again, and here you are ruining that trust one more time. I had enough, don't keep coming back with that same stupid question. I'm not waiting for you, nothings gonna happen between us. So, if the only reason you keep showing yourself to me is that, then please do me a favor and never show yourself to me again. We had our chance and we blew it, we're just never meant to be together. Excuse me, I have to get back to my wife."

She said leaving the model behind, crying

She said leaving the model behind, crying.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

---